Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Ouch! But if they're getting ok reviews yearly like showpony mentioned and people are still buying it in droves there may not be an incentive to change/reboot.

Could also he possible that they just do not care anymore since sales of WWE games have dropped over the past few years.

I wonder how long 2K have the WWE contract for. Could it be possible this could be the last 2K WWE game and they just said Feck it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Game is down to 34.99 on PSN for the Black Friday sales.

They released a patch for it yesterday, and going by Twitter, it fixed nothing. Still a broken mess

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

What an epic failure the whole thing turned out to be. Already 34.99?

Looks like it's taking the financial hit it has deserved for the last number of years of rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WhymeWhynot

I believe the 1.06 patch has actually made the game playable........ i'm currently DL on ps4 so fingers crossed I can get a good universe going over xmas.

I believe the 1.06 patch has actually made the game playable........ i'm currently DL on ps4 so fingers crossed I can get a good universe going over xmas.

I'm still seeing a lot of complaints on Twitter from some of the big name Community Creators about various stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 WhymeWhynot

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'm still seeing a lot of complaints on Twitter from some of the big name Community Creators about various stuff.

If I can get a stable uni mode going I'll consider it a small victory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Apparently the game crashes now anytime you try do anything haha

Wwe 2k20 doesn't work in 2020

There's a ps4 workaround by changing the date on you console back to 2019

Buggy mess of a game by the sounds of it

• Registered Users Posts: 60,340 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There won't be a 2K21 game this year WWE announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

definitely for the best. 2k20 was rubbish. never played a wwe game less in the past 25 years

Epic news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

most likely its just not getting done cause of Covid and it'll be same type of game next year.
    That engine will even be able to suck the fun out the inevitable Boneyard Match they add.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

showpony1 wrote: »
    most likely its just not getting done cause of Covid and it'll be same type of game next year.
    That engine will even be able to suck the fun out the inevitable Boneyard Match they add.

Yea we will get it took 2 years to make the greatest game ever blah blah but as you said it will be the very same game as 2K20

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

A few of us got it for online laughs even if the gameplay wasn't great we'd get a bit of fun out of , Nope Servers are awful even took a half hour to get 3 of us into the simplest of matchs and it was laggy as all hell shockingly bad

Yea we will get it took 2 years to make the greatest game ever blah blah but as you said it will be the very same game as 2K20

hopefully we get this AKI engine AEW game to finally provide a fun game after too many years of this ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It looks hideous. Becky and Charlotte look like dwarves. But it might be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Are they just tone deaf in regards to what fans want?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

There's some serious land for AEW to grab over the next while with a decent game. Hope they pull it off well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wasn't the TNA game supposed to be good a few years back?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wasn't the TNA game supposed to be good a few years back?

I enjoyed it game play was fun , think wwe took some ideas from it, the way characters interact with the ropes and stuff but very limited game all the same.

Will always be a fan of gamecube games especially Day of Reckoning series. Perfevt balance of arcade game. The multi player battle we used to have were nuts.

Xbox games always seemed to let me down. Raw was dirt, as way mania 21.

Smackdown was fun, but i think the first time i was disappointed was 08 with ECW introduction. Since around then the mechanics and graphics of the game are pretty much the same. 09 focus on tag team wrestling was terrible then they all become a blur really.

With exception of 13 that relied heaviliy on nostalgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I have not bought WWE game since 2k18, the novelty is not there for me anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think my last WWF game was on the NES. :)

Here Comes the Pain, No Mercy, Day of Reckoning 2 all brilliant fun games across different platforms - it is crazy they had the formula there in their hands 15 years ago and got to this stage. We can't get one good game now - let alone separate great games for PS and XBOX as we were getting in those days with PS and Nintendo.

2K19 was a genuinely great game after mostly lacklustre attempts on this current gen.

The loss of Yukes has been huge to the series, and i've no confidence in Visual Concepts going forward. As far as 2K go, i'm not going to be giving them any more of my money. The way they handled the whole 2K20 fiasco has been shameful. I didn't buy the game, but those that did had to endure an awful lot, and the game is still broken. The company has gone on the release streams of Shyte DLC instead of fixing the core game. And no apology.

As far as I'm concerned, they've broken the trust. 2K20 is the first WWE game since WWF In Your House that i haven't bought

Deluxe edition is down to €19.99 on the PSN today, reduced from €99.99.

Not even if it was free would I buy it

If they gave me €19.99 I might consider it.

Couldn't find a general wrestling video game thread.

Has anyone played this - https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/wrestling-empire-switch/

Gonna download the demo later and see what it's like :D

Has anyone played this - https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/wrestling-empire-switch/

Not yet, but i have played MDickie games before. Gameplay won't be on the level of other wrestling games, but prepare to get sucked in all the same. This is just one guy developing. I'll buy, been a fan of his stuff for a long time. Wrestling Revolution is free to download on your phone, and would give you a good idea as well, as to the management side of things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Bought it the other night and it's janky as **** but I loved it! Kinda reminded me of the old ECW games haha. Good fun and worth the cash I think.

Got 2k19 on PS Now with subscription, not that bad of a game but still loads to expand on.

Love the downloading of CAWs though, saves pain stakingly inputting everything in yourself like in the olden days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

that looks so sh1t and I really want it

Advertisement