Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

The 90's called, they want their cliched joke back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If the names weren't below them I wouldn't have a clue who Candice, Molly and Breeze were...

h32y2pn4sjs31.png
    jface187 wrote: »
    The 90's called, they want their cliched joke back.

I'll run any jokes by you via PM in the future to make sure they meet your standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Rhea Ripley looks like those No Mercy mods where they photoshop a jpeg onto a characters face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Seriously Kurt Angle is horrendous.

Do they actively not care? I just don't understand it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »
    If the names weren't below them I wouldn't have a clue who Candice, Molly and Breeze were...

h32y2pn4sjs31.png

I'll run any jokes by you via PM in the future to make sure they meet your standards.

Dreadful graphics. Absolutely dreadful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Sirsok wrote: »
    Seriously Kurt Angle is horrendous.

Do they actively not care? I just don't understand it

I play nba 2k as well they had problems with some of the models on that game as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yowie wowie those graphics are terrible, scratch that they're the absolute drizzling ****s. The render of Peyton Royce screams deer caught in the headlights.

Guess I'm keeping my money until Doom: Eternal comes out next March.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Yowie wowie those graphics are terrible, scratch that they're the absolute drizzling ****s. The render of Peyton Royce screams deer caught in the headlights.

Guess I'm keeping my money until Doom: Eternal comes out next March.

I’m holding off until this goes on 75% off in the online sales. And judging by how poor the early impressions are I reckon this will be hugely discounted come Black Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

Dusty looks so off.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »
    I’m holding off until this goes on 75% off in the online sales. And judging by how poor the early impressions are I reckon this will be hugely discounted come Black Friday.

I wouldn't play it if it were given to me for free. Let alone waiting for it to go 75% off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

The game looks cat this year.

Saw a video of all the DLC entrances, when The Rock with his $500 shirt comes out the name tag says "The Rock ($500 Shirt)". Jesus Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah most of those models looks terrible. Though now I'm wondering did Charlotte get work done to look like that model?

I'll admit I'm enjoying the ads though. Seeing Sting, Hogan, Austin, Bret and Shawn all together is a bit mad.

Saw a video of all the DLC entrances, when The Rock with his $500 shirt comes out the name tag says "The Rock ($500 Shirt)". Jesus Christ

Rocks shirt will cost about the same as all of the Fire Pro Wrestling World DLC.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'll admit I'm enjoying the ads though. Seeing Sting, Hogan, Austin, Bret and Shawn all together is a bit mad.

The rosters of the last few games have been incredible that is one gain they've made the last few years. Basically nearly every big star from the 80's to now & the current roster well represented from Lesnar down to No Way Jose.

ERG89 wrote: »
    The rosters of the last few games have been incredible that is one gain they've made the last few years. Basically every big star from the 80's to now & the current roster well represented from Lesnar down to No Way Jose.

It's quite big again this year but they have removed alot of legends including one of my favorites Rikishi

jk23 wrote: »
    It's quite big again this year but they have removed alot of legends including one of my favorites Rikishi

Tbf to WWE I think Rikishi is very much the definition of a legend in the Irish sense rather than a sporting one.
    A few have gone I'll concede that. When I used to play Smackdown on the PS2 a few years ago the roster always felt more out of date & the legends list was fairly small.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Tbf to WWE I think Rikishi is very much the definition of a legend in the Irish sense rather than a sporting one.
    A few have gone I'll concede that. When I used to play Smackdown on the PS2 a few years ago the roster always felt more out of date & the legends list was fairly small.

He is in the hall of fame but I get what you are saying, he wasn't a huge star for a consistent period of time in wwe. He was in it since 2k16 so I was hoping he would make the cut ... Ps2 wwe games still have more replayability than these new gen games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

The game looks cat this year.

Shameful
    493200.jpg

They really don’t give a f anymore do they. Chumps will still pay out for it. Universe mode hasn’t progressed in about 5 years.

They really don’t give a f anymore do they. Chumps will still pay out for it. Universe mode hasn’t progressed in about 5 years.

They have no competition anymore at least THQ had midway games and TNA near the end of their run....

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Anybody play the Chikara game yet? I did Kickstarter for it years ago, but waiting on console version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Bring back legends of wrestling! I actually quite enjoyed the second game as a youngster.

Tna game looked and played well, storymode and everything else that wasn't actual wrestling wad the pits.

GameCube day of reckoning games where fantastic.

Wasnt a fam of Xbox exclusive ones!

When all that competition died down, games really suffered. I think 09 was the first one I was truly disappointed by, when tag wrestling was the main feature!

Sirsok wrote: »
    Bring back legends of wrestling! I actually quite enjoyed the second game as a youngster.

Tna game looked and played well, storymode and everything else that wasn't actual wrestling wad the pits.

GameCube day of reckoning games where fantastic.

Wasnt a fam of Xbox exclusive ones!

When all that competition died down, games really suffered. I think 09 was the first one I was truly disappointed by, when tag wrestling was the main feature!

I really wish there was an attitude era video game. Has there ever been a petition for one or currently going?

I really wish there was an attitude era video game. Has there ever been a petition for one or currently going?

Was WWF Attitude on the PlayStation not an Attitude era game?

Was WWF Attitude on the PlayStation not an Attitude era game?

Yes, it's on the ps1, one for the ps4 would be ideal though

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Power Move Pro Wrestling. PlayStation 1. GOAT. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

WWE '13 was focused around the Attitude Era. It was actually the last WWE game that I truly enjoyed playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Someone should be shot for destroying this series of games. Haven't bought in years and yet another year goes by where I won't again. Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

it is really incredible they can't bring out an enjoyable pick up and play title i.e. No mercy
    the formula can't be that hard to replicate. i used to be counting down the days for these around
    time of Here Comes the Pain but haven't bought one in years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

If No Mercy didn't have that "save" glitch which wiped all your progress, it'd be the GOAT! I started from scratch way too many times in that game! :D

• Advertisement

If No Mercy didn't have that "save" glitch which wiped all your progress, it'd be the GOAT! I started from scratch way too many times in that game! :D

They released updated copies of the game that removed that glitch a few months after launch.

Advertisement