Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Really? I played ROMs of the game years later and it even happened in that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Yea, I got mine replaced in GAME a couple of weeks after it came out. only crap thing was they added a patch that removed the blood from it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I've got an Android box - must dig out an N64 emulator and one of those patched version ROMs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

Was that talk of a re-release of Here comes the Pain all BS?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

showpony1 wrote: »
    Was that talk of a re-release of Here comes the Pain all BS?

It absolutely was. Especially with Yukkes parting ways with WWE.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    It absolutely was. Especially with Yukkes parting ways with WWE.

when you get direct ports of games like Crazy Taxi etc to the Xbox Live Arcade/Market is there anything stopping Yukes/WWE cleaning the graphics for games like No Mercy or HCTP and putting them up? licensing issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

showpony1 wrote: »
    when you get direct ports of games like Crazy Taxi etc to the Xbox Live Arcade/Market is there anything stopping Yukes/WWE cleaning the graphics for games like No Mercy or HCTP and putting them up? licensing issues?

Almost certainly licencing issues.

reviews seem to all be that gameplay has got worse this year so staying away again from this year.

played about 4 hours of it so far and to me the gameplay felt fresh with the new reveral and finisher system. no collision detection issues so far aside from a couple of weapon shots. Some really nice new move animations and reversals in there. One great one was when I Irish whipped Baron Corbin from one corner to the other but he reversed with a really cool animation where he slid out of the ring in the corner, ran round the ringpost, came back in the other side and clotheslined me before I had turned around to see what was happening. Lots of nice touches here and there that make it feel like a step up from 2k19. moving and fighting around the hell in a cell is definately an improvement and feels a lot more fluid

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

played about 4 hours of it so far and to me the gameplay felt fresh with the new reveral and finisher system. no collision detection issues so far aside from a couple of weapon shots. Some really nice new move animations and reversals in there. One great one was when I Irish whipped Baron Corbin from one corner to the other but he reversed with a really cool animation where he slid out of the ring in the corner, ran round the ringpost, came back in the other side and clotheslined me before I had turned around to see what was happening. Lots of nice touches here and there that make it feel like a step up from 2k19. moving and fighting around the hell in a cell is definately an improvement and feels a lot more fluid

Bit of a shame it's completely outdated with the shows getting new stages and logos and that.

Let me know if Universe mode has any improvements of it its the same stagnant mode from the past 5 years.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Bit of a shame it's completely outdated with the shows getting new stages and logos and that.

Let me know if Universe mode has any improvements of it its the same stagnant mode from the past 5 years.

Probably wont get playing it for a while but I hear it's got some new cutscenes and you can add more matches to PPVs and that's about it. Dont play Universe a whole lot myself tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Dusted off the ps2 and fires up Here comes the pain last night. God some of my caws were awful!

Sirsok wrote: »
    Dusted off the ps2 and fires up Here comes the pain last night. God some of my caws were awful!

Story mode in it was class!

hate the current universe mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

So this appears to be a buggy mess! Surprise Surprise, shame. Some of the charachter models are laughable as well!

Hope Yukes bring out a decent alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah just saw this in the Gaming Humour thread

https://twitter.com/MrMacho419/status/1186541489456893954

Though not sure what part was worse. The unintentional glitching or the intentional plugging of social media

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/MasonSteelWWE/status/1186116114541006848?s=19

This is the worst so far. If WWE 2K20 did one thing right it shows Edge (although not as good as Christian) is a nice guy.

https://twitter.com/EdgeRatedR/status/1186663359212675074?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

There's a #FixWWE2K20 making the rounds on Twitter...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    There's a #FixWWE2K20 making the rounds on Twitter...

Have 2K even acknowledged all the ****e that has come out in the past 24 hours?

Was gonna pick this up during the week but certainly doesn't look like its worth it until a lot of this is fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Any word on Loot Box's? I thought Injustice 2 was bad, then I played Mortal Kombat 11. The amount of time you have to put in just to get basic stuff was unreal. Dreading what 2K will do, as heard NBA 2K was bad this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Have 2K even acknowledged all the ****e that has come out in the past 24 hours?

Was gonna pick this up during the week but certainly doesn't look like its worth it until a lot of this is fixed

Not even a peep on their Twitter, I guess if people keep talking about it, it'll get someone's attention.

• Advertisement

Is that meant to be Becky with Eva Marie's hair in that Charlotte match?

82CD6226-DAAB-44F9-A461-FFBBE40FCCDE.jpg

I love this though...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Maybe it's like TNA's King of the Mountain where you can't climb the ladder unless you score a fall, except this cuts out the ladder climbing part.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Didn't TNA have a reverse battle royal match too? Everyone starts fighting outside the ring and the goal was to get in the ring or something?

They had some good ideas though. The Ultimate X match was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

jface187 wrote: »
    Any word on Loot Box's? I thought Injustice 2 was bad, then I played Mortal Kombat 11. The amount of time you have to put in just to get basic stuff was unreal. Dreading what 2K will do, as heard NBA 2K was bad this year.

Loot boxes last year on this was a joke too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

2k really seem to be doing everything to f**k this up

sky88 wrote: »
    2k really seem to be doing everything to f**k this up

IGN gave it 4.3/10 in reviews. And IGN have been up WWE’s hole for the past 10 years.

They seem to somehow get ok reviews every year - i remember seeing a lot saying 2k19 was a "step forward" for the franchise. Hopefully if this one goes viral as being critically panned they may look at the reboot.

have to assume they still sell loads to parents buying for kids who won't be criticizing it the way we do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

Loughc wrote:
    IGN gave it 4.3/10 in reviews. And IGN have been up WWE’s hole for the past 10 years.

Ouch! But if they're getting ok reviews yearly like showpony mentioned and people are still buying it in droves there may not be an incentive to change/reboot.

Advertisement