Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP, Superbikes and Road Racing 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

He'll be on €500K per week when his new contract kicks in. I wonder what's the story with sick pay?
    Infoanon wrote: »
    Honda have also come out and said that they did not want Marc to ride.
    I don't believe them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I don't think Marc Marquez has Risk Averse programming in him.
    If he did he wouldn't be where he is now.

Up to now but will he be conscious of the consequences of reinjuring himsrlf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Pasteur. wrote: »
    Up to now but will he be conscious of the consequences of reinjuring himsrlf

I don’t think so. Those type of people just think differently from most of us. I think he will be the same Marc that he always has been. It may take him a while to get back to the sharpness he was though.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Top level racers don't think like an average rider, that's why they are top level.
    During a course of a season, many riders are riding injured, its just part of the job.
    Those riders don't go slower unless the injury physically affects movement in general terms.
    They compartmentalise pain into a part of the psyche that doesn't affect their ability to ride.
    History is littered with riders that have ridden with injuries that would put most people into a bed.

Rossi in 2010 had an open fracture of his leg in Mugello, Bone sticking out the skin. just over a month later he was back and finished 4th
    Edwards in 2011 broke his collarbone and podium finished the next race
    Stoner in 2012 smashed his ankle and placed 4th
    Lorenzo in Assen 2013 broke his collarbone in practice, got it plated and came back to race and placed 5th.
    Michael Dunlop last year had crutches to get around the paddock after a broken pelvis two weeks before.

These guys are not like you or me, they are gladiators, make no mistake they can and will endure stuff that would make many faint.

They also have access to pain relief medication that you are I wouldn't be offered. But I do agree with your point.

• Advertisement

Was a comment I spotted on crash.net

Just wondered would it cause hesitancy, I guess not

I saw some of the road/ short circuit racers say they only give it 90% on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Pasteur. wrote: »
    Was a comment I spotted on crash.net

Just wondered would it cause hesitancy, I guess not

I saw some of the road/ short circuit racers say they only give it 90% on the road

Road racing is completely different to short circuit, circuits don't have road furniture which poses a risk to a rider so they have to manage it differently.

Its almost a different discipline entirely.

I remember hearing an interview with J.Rea about it and how he never did roads because it was so different and dangerous even though his grandad had Rea Racing who had Joey Dunlop as a rider.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Road racing is completely different to short circuit, circuits don't have road furniture which poses a risk to a rider so they have to manage it differently.

Its almost a different discipline entirely.

I remember hearing an interview with J.Rea about it and how he never did roads because it was so different and dangerous even though his grandad had Rea Racing who had Joey Dunlop as a rider.

Ya his father was a road racer and the Irwin's dad alan

And of course Michael Dunlop doesn't hold back on the road in spite of the furniture

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Interesting story coming out that a replacement rider ride was discussed by Honda with Cal Crutchlow .

The idea was that Cal would be available for Moto GP and WSBK.

Cal turned it down as he felt he could end up racing all season.

It's well known that Honda want Bradl to get back testing exclusively ,the fact they are discussing replacement rider rides would possibly be indicative of Marc being unavailable at the start of the 2021 season.

• Advertisement

No Brno GP in 2021. The track needs maintenance and with no ticket money coming in they've decided to withdraw from the calendar.

I can see this happing in a few places. Football clubs etc must really be under pressure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

Scotty # wrote: »
    No Brno GP in 2021. The track needs maintenance and with no ticket money coming in they've decided to withdraw from the calendar.

I can see this happing in a few places. Football clubs etc must really be under pressure!

We might have Portimao next year so. Me and my mates were discussing it, and Portugal would make a nice change from Silverstone.

Beltby wrote: »
    We might have Portimao next year so. Me and my mates were discussing it, and Portugal would make a nice change from Silverstone.

Brno is probably the best track I have been to - tv does not do it justice - the last corner is banked which never comes across on TV.

Portimao would be a good replacement but Moto GP needs Brno

First pictures of Luca MarinIs Moto GP Ducati have just been released - the bike is in full VR46 livery with Sky sponsorship.

Considering Tito brought the Hublot sponsorship it's unclear what Colours the other Esponsorama (Avintia ) Ducati will appear in their final season.

I get that riders have their branding etc but could he not have created more contrast between his number and the bike with a darker border maybe? It's a bit lost isn't it?

Eq5EIF6XMAIELd7?format=jpg&name=small

Eq97dkDW8AAP9p2?format=jpg&name=small

Still no word on who'll be replacing Marc.

h3000 wrote: »

Confirmed? - it's been a rumour for a few days

Ramifications for Suzuki and potentially the satellite team (rumoured to be VR46 given Brivio and Rossis previous alliances) will be interesting

Ramifications for Suzuki and potentially the satellite team (rumoured to be VR46 given Brivio and Rossis previous alliances) will be interesting

Not confirmed. I didn’t mean to suggest so but there seems to be a lot of people I’d normally listen to talking about it. Interesting times.

It’s said to be confirmed tomorrow.

Not confirmed. I didn’t mean to suggest so but there seems to be a lot of people I’d normally listen to talking about it. Interesting times.

It’s said to be confirmed tomorrow.

He is off alright
    https://twitter.com/suzukimotogp/status/1347091685470334976?s=20

• Advertisement

In fairness to Moto GP they have always said the 2021 calendar was a moveable feast and would change (unlike other motor sports....).

Looking at the proposed first two months of the calendar it's very hard to see those races especially Argentina and COTA taking place so early European rounds may get the go ahead subject to the no fans conundrum.

Any delays to the season of course do play into MM hands as his recovery from injury continues.

Better news on Faustino Gresini who thankfully appears to be very slowly recovering from Covid and is now concious after being in an induced coma.

In fairness to Moto GP they have always said the 2021 calendar was a moveable feast and would change (unlike other motor sports....).

Looking at the proposed first two months of the calendar it's very hard to see those races especially Argentina and COTA taking place so early European rounds may get the go ahead subject to the no fans conundrum.

Any delays to the season of course do play into MM hands as his recovery from injury continues.
    Certainly interesting times ahead. MotoGP seem to be rightly as responsible as they can reasonably be. As you said it could work for Marc
    Better news on Faustino Gresini who thankfully appears to be very slowly recovering from Covid and is now concious after being in an induced coma.

Good news. Fingers crossed for him.

2021 Calendar updated...
    LATEST 2021 CALENDAR
    28 March Qatar – Losail
    4 April Qatar – Losail
    18 April Portugal – Portimao
    2 May – Spain – Jerez
    16 May France – Le Mans
    30 May Italy – Mugello
    6 June Catalunya – Barcelona
    20 June Germany – Sachsenring
    27 June Netherlands – Assen
    11 July Finland – KymiRing
    15 August Austria – Red Bull Ring
    29 August Great Britain – Silverstone
    12 September Aragon
    19 September San Marino – Misano
    3 October Japan – Motegi
    10 October Thailand – Chang International
    24 October Australia – Phillip Island
    31 October Malaysia – Sepang
    14 November Valencia

Reserve: Indonesia (Mandalika)
    Postponed indefinitely: USA (Austin), Argentina (Termas de Rio Hondo)

I'm sure safety and layout doesn't allow for it but wouldn't it be fun to see double headers run the opposite way on the second week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

We were hoping for Portimao to be included later in the year. Looks like we'll be going to Silverstone again, covid permitting.

Well, this is a change of heart...
    "If the call comes, he's ready" - Dovizioso waiting on HRC
    According to his manager, Simone Battistella, Andrea Dovizioso is primed and ready to replace the injured Marc Marquez at Repsol Honda.

Not so long ago it was 'under no circumstances...'

https://www.motogp.com/en/in+the+media/2021/01/26/if-the-call-comes-he-s-ready-dovizioso-waiting-on-hrc/360508

Yamaha's 2021 launch on live now on YT... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG9sEGEpIV4&ab_channel=MotoGP

Loving the new Tech3 colours also....

2019-motogp-red-bull-ring-spielberg01_ktm-rc16_tech3-ktm-factory-racing_motogp_team-presentation_2021-21-_0.gallery_full_top_lg.jpg

OMG... Yamaha's live launch is a total cringefest!!! I've never seen people look so awkward on TV and the compere is utter rubbish. If they were going to do the show in English why not use an English speaker?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Fasuto Gresini has passed away in Italy. Terribly sad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Magown3

Fasuto Gresini has passed away in Italy. Terribly sad news.

According to tweets from Gresini Racing Team he actually HASN'T passed away.

Confusing. Hopefully he pulls thru but doesn't look good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

https://twitter.com/GresiniRacing/status/1363977661127806978

just saw this, I hope he pulls through!

Advertisement