Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP, Superbikes and Road Racing 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

emo72 wrote: »
    I hope Rossi wins. There's always hope at the start of a season.

I always want Rossi to win but I’d love to see Miller do it this year too. Hopefully Rossi will get his 200th MotoGP podium today though.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Holy fcuk ducati

Holy fcuk ducati

SpaceX will be getting on to Ducati with a launch like that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

h3000 wrote: »
    SpaceX will be getting on to Ducati with a launch like that.

Absolute slingshot, I've jinxed morbidelli by the looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,489 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Wow. Doping test needed at Ducati.

• Advertisement

Anyone else having problems with the Videopass feed for the MotoGP race?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Some speed at the very end from Ducatis, Mir's fault though..nice race to start the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Speedline

That was a great race to watch. I genuinely didn't expect Vinales to pretty much destroy the Dukes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Anyone else having problems with the Videopass feed for the MotoGP race?
    Had Videopass a couple of years ago and had problems with it. It would be perfectly fine Friday, Saturday, and right up until MotoGP race and then nothing but freezing and buffering. It's like they can't take the loading at race time.

BT Sport ftw.

Scotty # wrote: »
    Had Videopass a couple of years ago and had problems with it. It would be perfectly fine Friday, Saturday, and right up until MotoGP race and then nothing but freezing and buffering. It's like they can't take the loading at race time.

BT Sport ftw.
    It was a disaster for the MotoGP race on Sunday. It worked fine for all other classes and sessions over the weekend. It was a little glitchy last year here and there but I didn't even see the last lap of the race this weekend.

I've no real interest in football or rugby and really can't justify the subscription for Sky Sports plus Extra. I've Sky F1 free on the legacy HD package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Magown3

It was a disaster for the MotoGP race on Sunday. It worked fine for all other classes and sessions over the weekend. It was a little glitchy last year here and there but I didn't even see the last lap of the race this weekend.

I've no real interest in football or rugby and really can't justify the subscription for Sky Sports plus Extra. I've Sky F1 free on the legacy HD package.

I actually found the opposite. It was fine for me all race day. I usually put it on the laptop and connect to the tv with a hdmi.

Found the Macbook far more stable than using the phone and casting to the TV. In fact, casting was never great.

I even had to pause it a couple of times during the race and it continued on no problems.

What's your setup?

Magown3 wrote: »
    I actually found the opposite. It was fine for me all race day. I usually put it on the laptop and connect to the tv with a hdmi.

Found the Macbook far more stable than using the phone and casting to the TV. In fact, casting was never great.

I even had to pause it a couple of times during the race and it continued on no problems.

What's your setup?
    I normally watch it on my iPad or through a Roku on the TV. While I don't have a super broadband connection it should be perfectly capable of streaming video.

548692.png

I normally watch it on my iPad or through a Roku on the TV. While I don't have a super broadband connection it should be perfectly capable of streaming video.

548692.png

I just tested mine and yours is faster.
    60mb down
    6mb up

In previous years I did find streaming live was brutal, so much so that I would wait until a couple of hours after and then stream it and it was perfect.

The Videopass is good value I think, I love MotoGP and couldn't care less about football or anything else so don't spend money on Sky Sports or anything. You can also watch any race from the past which is great. Any memorable race you remember you can be watching in seconds. I'd recommend it.

Magown3 wrote: »
    I just tested mine and yours is faster.
    60mb down
    6mb up

In previous years I did find streaming live was brutal, so much so that I would wait until a couple of hours after and then stream it and it was perfect.

The Videopass is good value I think, I love MotoGP and couldn't care less about football or anything else so don't spend money on Sky Sports or anything. You can also watch any race from the past which is great. Any memorable race you remember you can be watching in seconds. I'd recommend it.
    Hopefully it will be better next race. I think I might try my PC if the kids have the TV taken over for the next race.

I have the WRC All Live subscription too (every stage streamed live) and that has been flawless recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭legrand

I have crap broadband - but still manage to get a decent stream. Launch the playback (or live stream) - goto settings (bottom right of the video page). Chose a bandwidth setting other than "Auto". I typically run it at 720p which if fine or use 1080p if you have large broadband connection. Auto is crap for the most part in my experience

You might find contention on live streams - so you might want to drop to 580p (or whatever) for it to work without buffering.

legrand wrote: »
    I have crap broadband - but still manage to get a decent stream. Launch the playback (or live stream) - goto settings (bottom right of the video page). Chose a bandwidth setting other than "Auto". I typically run it at 720p which if fine or use 1080p if you have large broadband connection. Auto is crap for the most part in my experience

You might find contention on live streams - so you might want to drop to 580p (or whatever) for it to work without buffering.

Good tip, thank you. Mine is always on auto, if I run into trouble I'll give this a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Motogp 3 was a great race..no spoilers but worth watching !!

Poor McPhee. He's so unfortunate!

Poor McPhee. He's so unfortunate!

He really is very unlucky but still lucky not to get knocked out by the bike.

Great ride from Lowes again.

McPhee was lucky to walk away from that.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CNQDTy4qo-v/

• Advertisement

This is a spicy MotoGP race.

Some awesome racing in all three categories today.

Only got the motogp race, fantastic close stuff. Roll on europe..

I think Miller could be in big trouble yet. I love the guy but he is too hot headed sometimes.

I think Miller could be in big trouble yet. I love the guy but he is too hot headed sometimes.

True, very reactive on track when things aren't going his way. Racing incidents this time but crashes and penalties incoming if he stays at that..

True, very reactive on track when things aren't going his way. Racing incidents this time but crashes and penalties incoming if he stays at that..

It must be hard watching the Pramac bikes sailing in front. I think the second Mir contract was at least partly intentional. Although not auctioned in the race I wouldn’t be surprised if more came from it.

McPhee's been given a pit lane start +10 seconds penalty for next race for 'fighting' with Alcoba. Alcoba a pit lane start and 5 seconds. Both fined €1000.

Closest ever top 15 in MotoGP, 8.9s.

Quartararo's first MotoGP win outside Spain believe it or not.

Vinales has impressed me so far. Looking for more like he wants to be there and wants to win. Petronas need to get the finger out! 2 weeks to Portimao.... will Marc be there?

McPhee's been given a pit lane start +10 seconds penalty for next race for 'fighting' with Alcoba. Alcoba a pit lane start and 5 seconds. Both fined €1000.

Closest ever top 15 in MotoGP, 8.9s.

Quartararo's first MotoGP win outside Spain believe it or not.

Vinales has impressed me so far. Looking for more like he wants to be there and wants to win. Petronas need to get the finger out! 2 weeks to Portimao.... will Marc be there?

I feel really sorry for McPhee. Two races in a row when he had a good chance of a win he gets taken out. Next race is already over for him I know fisty cuffs isn’t the best image on worldwide TV but he did get a bike in the face while trying to slow from 150+mph. Surely heat of the moment emotions should be taken into consideration.

I think the second Mir contract was at least partly intentional.
    Having watched the replay several times, particularly the one from further up the straight looking back almost head on at the riders as they come onto the straight, I have little doubt that the collision was intentional. Miller clearly looked to his left directly at Mir as he struck him. 190KMPH! Very foolish and lucky to get away with it.

• Advertisement

Marquez just tweeted that he's back for Portimao. Interesting times.

Advertisement