Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2019 - Round 6 - Monaco

Options

Comments

Slattsy wrote: »
    I switched off for a sec there. How did Vettel get ahead of Bottas??

Bottas pitted.

strawdog wrote: »
    If the rain arrives on top of this this will likely be the best Monaco in years

True but the last few years and this til the SC shows that f1 doesn't work in Monaco now. Cars are way too big for one thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,827 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Like everyone waiting for someone else to move at a roundabout there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Another stop for LeClerc.

And another to retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Le Clerc may aswell call it a day, nightmare weekend for him

• Advertisement

Leclerc probably going to do a Kimi at this stage, abandon the car close to his yacht never to be seen again this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

I thought there was a rule about the speed you must go under the safety car. Bottas caused that by backing up too far

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Bottas must have got the puncture from Max's floor, and that piece of debris we saw fly off when they came out of the pits was from Max's car

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭strawdog

Without any big rain impact, Bottas might be in the box seat with his harder tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Poor end to a stinker of a weekend for Leclerc. Ferrari's inability to look at a timing screen and blind reliance "on the data" put him at the back, and in the race his own frustration got the better of him and then his inexperience lead to him wrecking his floor.

• Advertisement

Without any big rain impact, Bottas might be in the box seat with his harder tyres

Ah vettel on hard too

That is a handy penalty for Verstappen, a drive through would have killed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Ah time penalty ...drive through ...come on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Very lenient by the stewards

• Registered Users Posts: 30,046 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

That a good result for Verstappen, would have been race over with a drive through

Kubica in last is lapping the same time as Hamilton in 1st.

Sainz saying that it's starting to rain

That a good result for Verstappen, would have been race over with a drive through

Bizarrely lenient given he gained a place through the unsafe release on a track where position is key and could still end up winning the race by more than 5 secs

Vettel being smart sitting back. Hamilton will likely make it to the end, just stay close enough to Verstappen for the 5 second penalty. Or hope Verstappen does something stupid to take Hamilton out.

Bizarrely lenient given he gained a place through the unsafe release on a track where position is key and could still end up winning the race by more than 5 secs

While it was unsafe the contact was caused by Bottas from what I saw. Bit lenient but enough extenuating circumstances to justify it. I'd be annoyed if I was Bottas though.

• Advertisement

Hamiltons front left is a goner

Hurrah, spots of rain on the camera at Sainte Devote!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Nailbiter without overtake

Cmon shower

While it was unsafe the contact was caused by Bottas from what I saw. Bit lenient but enough extenuating circumstances to justify it. I'd be annoyed if I was Bottas though.

Would have to see it again but I thought Max pushed him in to the wall

Would have to see it again but I thought Max pushed him in to the wall

He did

• Registered Users Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ric and Mags pit stops during SC killed them from such a strong strarting place. Shame Renault badly need luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,474 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lewis isn’t happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,675 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Vettel is taking it carefully. I'm guessing he's hoping for Max and Lewis to take out each other or have to make pitstops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,474 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Vettel is taking it carefully. I'm guessing he's hoping for Max and Lewis to take out each other or have to make pitstops.
    The foinavon strategy ?

Advertisement