Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I dropped a cup on the floor and it didn't break. The cutlery god is smiling on me.

I knocked a favourite cup ( a gift from a friend) off the table and it shattered....

Happy at the life it had! And the friendship ....

Happy now at the quiet day ahead.. that I have meaningful craft work that will feed babies...watching youtube!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Got a call this morning from a man I used to babysit over 50 years ago. We have kept in touch but hadn't met, or spoken, in a few years. I'm going for a spin in his helicopter tomorrow morning.

Can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was watering my flowers along the roadside. It took ages, everyone stopping and chatting, it's great to live in such an area.

Happy to be back abed after walking far too far, with hwb at my back.. perfect happiness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

My dad saying 'That's a bummer'! :pac:

• Advertisement

madmaggie wrote: »
    I was watering my flowers along the roadside. It took ages, everyone stopping and chatting, it's great to live in such an area.

Always cheering when neighbours just to stop for a chat. I had the same today when tidying up flowerbeds near the road. Some were out for a walk, others pulled up while cycling or driving past. And it's honest friendly chatter; no bitching or looking for gossip or information. Who cares if the intended job gets delayed? There's always another day and nothing beats time spent being friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Was getting my knickers in a twist trying to do a task . Knocked into my neighbour to ask advice , she put down her cup of tea and came in and did it in a flash . Just nice people and kindness make me happy

The soft breathing of a sleeping child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Still TH about the leisure centre at the hotel I stayed in last night. It was so beautiful, and I reached a whole new level of relaxed :D

Peaceful Sunday with my critters, knitting fingerless gloves, with youtube/ a book makes me deeply contented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Poochie05 wrote: »
    My dad saying 'That's a bummer'! :pac:
    Is your dad Theodore 'Ted' Logan :p

Finally managed to sort out the problem with the accommodation website for when I go on Erasmus, now just to apply for it later and then that's another thing crossed off my list! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tuxedo cat came for a visit into the back garden :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I was inside moping about, and all of a sudden I heard hoofs coming down the path. It was the neighbours kiddies pony, with one kiddy on top and one leading the pony, both roaring laughing over something, and the one on the ground hugging the pony as she walked. The scene just brightened up my day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sweet rain and the lovely smell it brings.

Looking at what's around Leeds (where I'll be doing my Erasmus) on Google Maps. There seems to be loads around, so I'm looking forward to going off and getting to explore :D

So much today. Old friends, seeing how people can succeed in life from humble beginnings and not forget their roots, good food, fine weather, nature and the glorious countryside that is Ireland, family and laughter.

Having a good day during a very challenging time with far too many bad days. But today isn't one of them, and I'm happy and hopeful about that.

Mr bones making me howl with laughter with a post in the ta thread :D :pac:

I spent a good while today watching the birds gobbling up the flying ants. Two blackbirds and some juvenile robins, they were hoovering up the ants!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I have a major TA but I don't want to post it, I just don't want to acknowledge it for another bit(:mad:), so I'm just going to post a very TH moment from our holidays :)

We travel all around France in the camper, and going around a corner, I spotted a Google car coming our way from a distance, so I went : "Google... Google... ? Google ? GOOGLE !!!"

I'm a terrible google maps addict, I love streetview, I plop myself anywhere and everywhere, and the kids are similarly nerdy when it comes to it plus they all know I love Google maps, so the four of us (Mr M the driver) plus the dog on my lap must have looked very silly, surprised and jovial as the thing passed us ! I laugh just thinking of the family portrait !

Afterwards we all went : "Yeaaaahhhh" as if it was a major achievement to be on Google streetview :D

Can't wait to see the image when it's added to the maps.

Anyone knows how long it takes them to put them online ?

I spent a good while today watching the birds gobbling up the flying ants. Two blackbirds and some juvenile robins, they were hoovering up the ants!

I keep telling folk not to worry that they cannot dig for worms...when they were hand cutting hay here the swallows were swooping in low for the flies that were being disturbed..

Happy Monday, Seph and all..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5PK35fkrAk

Another fine day, with lots to do and the health to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I have just confirmed purchase of a heap of wool/yarn for hooded blankets as presents for young family members all to be completed for christmas.

I'm now committed. Wish me luck!!

(For anyone who might be interested
    https://www.mjsoffthehookdesigns.com/crochet-hooded-dog-blanket/)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

My dog coming back from his sitters and spending ten minutes with his head on my knee smiling!!!!!

Sweet relief and happy that family in Toronto are safe after the shooting. heart in mouth making the call. And for many families, a heartache.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Sweet relief and happy that family in Toronto after the shooting. heart in mouth making the call.

That's such a relief for you - I'm not trivially happy in any way.

We need to set up a MAJORLY THRILLED thread now!

My cousin and I are picking up our Gran and our other cousin from the airport later for a bit of a holiday with us. My Granny is having a tough time lately so we hope being with three of the grandkids (all from different branches of the family) will help her feel a bit better. The young cousin is on Grannywatch while we're working, but I'll be home most afternoons to supervise. :)

Not too sure how the days will pan out but there will almost certainly be golf involved!

• Advertisement

Also Happy Birthday to Cleopatra! :)

Have tendonitis and just took a new prescribed pain killer . Can feel the pain I had this morning ebbing away and its a good feeling !

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Have tendonitis and just took a new prescribed pain killer . Can feel the pain I had this morning ebbing away and its a good feeling !

I take Tramadol for my hip - I'm not gonna lie, first dose of the day is goooooood!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bainneban

trees and collecting stones on the beach

I take Tramadol for my hip - I'm not gonna lie, first dose of the day is goooooood!!!!

Took ixprim and got real relief

Reading so many of the posts here, I can't help but be happy and grateful that I have made it this far pain and medication free. Mrs S has a couple of health issues but, again, is thankfully pain free.

Health is wealth for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Reading so many of the posts here, I can't help but be happy and grateful that I have made it this far pain and medication free. Mrs S has a couple of health issues but, again, is thankfully pain free.

Health is wealth for sure.

Amen to that.
    My mother has recently gone from going around normal and fit enough to needing 24 hour care and and it's heartbreaking to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Getting back in to crochet last night after a bit of a break. I forgot how lovely and relaxing it is. Recently I've been trying to cut down on screen time so have gotten back in to reading and crochet. I feel more myself and it's genuinely improving my mood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Bredabe

That DCFD got some of their stolen equipment back. TH

I would guess that there was a lot of wheeler-dealing in the background in 'motivating' the seller to hand the equipment over, free.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Candie wrote: »
    Also Happy Birthday to Cleopatra! :)

Thank you very much lovely lady! I'm glad to see you've been having some good days in between the bad. Have a lovely time with your granny :)

I'm feeling grateful to still have both of my grandads. A card from my grandad arrived today and I just felt glad that he's still in my life, he's going to be 90 in September and still living independently.

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Thank you very much lovely lady! I'm glad to see you've been having some good days in between the bad. Have a lovely time with your granny :)

I'm feeling grateful to still have both of my grandads. A card from my grandad arrived today and I just felt glad that he's still in my life, he's going to be 90 in September and still living independently.

I lost my grandad a couple of weeks before I lost my mum. He was one of the loves of my life and I go to pick up the phone to talk to him every day. He lived to 92 and was independent to the last, sharp as ever. I miss him, and I always will.

Give your granddad a hug from me. :)

• Advertisement

Count yourself very very blessed to have good pain relief. In this area all we can get from drs is paracetemol whatever the problems.. would value tramadol the tylex that helped my pain be bearable for years .. blanket ban here with no assessment

Out with my friend driving and the car in front of us was a Mitsubishi lancer and I thought it said langer :D :pac: :o.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Count yourself very very blessed to have good pain relief. In this area all we can get from drs is paracetemol whatever the problems.. would value tramadol the tylex that helped vmy pain be bearable for years .. blanket ban here with no assessment

Similar here in Carlow. I wonder is it HSE policy? If you go to a pain consultant they'll prescribe more effective medication.

Similar here in Carlow. I wonder is it HSE policy? If you go to a pain consultant they'll prescribe more effective medication.

I am on a medical card. An d I am old.
    So fat chance of a referral anywhere and that is fine.
    Too old to go trekking here there and everywhere..

Or was when I had a GP who knew my diagnosis and the reality of the pain.

It is a scare from the USA and from abuse of opiates .

If you mention Tylex and codeine then you MUST be an addict.....:mad:Is the reasoning.

Actually they create addicts as we have to find pain relief somehow, somewhere..

Sorry wrong thread for this.

A bird singing a sweet song...family all raised and gone, time to sing!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The support people give each other on this thread makes me more that trivially happy.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The support people give each other on this thread makes me more that trivially happy.

Amen to that.

A warm fresh day that's great for getting things done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Chocolate cake. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

A belated happy birthday to you Cleo, your posts make me TH :)

That sounds a tad stalker like, but I’m not, I swear :p:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement