Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xkat11

What time do gigs usually finish at the Olympia and at 3 Arena? I'm attending two shows this week and want to know if I can catch the last bus after the show...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

xkat11 wrote: »
    What time do gigs usually finish at the Olympia and at 3 Arena? I'm attending two shows this week and want to know if I can catch the last bus after the show...

around 10:45 usually, rare to finish later than 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

My friend bought a ticket on Viagogo for his girlfriend for a gig. I've never used it before, either has he. Is it usually legit? They have received an e-ticket for the event. I suppose there is no way of knowing if it's legit bar being there early to scan the barcode in?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

My friend bought a ticket on Viagogo for his girlfriend for a gig. I've never used it before, either has he. Is it usually legit? They have received an e-ticket for the event. I suppose there is no way of knowing if it's legit bar being there early to scan the barcode in?

Yeah, viagogo tickets are legit, they're just (normally) a ripoff

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i know how to get as far as the o'connell bridge (by car)...is it just a case of driving straight on along the quays to the 3 arena? is there ample parking at the arena? is it safe?

planning going up sunday afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

xkat11 wrote: »
    acts usually come on about 9pm, they sometimes show times online, then you can typically find out roughly how long a bands average set is from reviews or checking setlist length.

By checking setlists you can also get an idea if it is near the end of the gig, and be prepared to get out right away before the main crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭housetypeb

How do you share a 3 pre sale code on here? Is it just the code that 3 texts to you that you pass on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

housetypeb wrote: »
    How do you share a 3 pre sale code on here? Is it just the code that 3 texts to you that you pass on?

You need to prompt them to text you, Download the 3plus app select the event you want code for and hit text me code. Code will be like; ADB1NFBCVF7

That code is what you pass on yes but it'll have to be used through the 3plus site, going on to ticketmaster the regular way won't usually display presale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Hi guys

My sister bought etickets online from someone but never received the tickets - she made a transfer to the persons bank account - as she as his IBAN can he be traced?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Hi guys
    My sister bought etickets online from someone but never received the tickets - she made a transfer to the persons bank account - as she as his IBAN can he be traced?
    Thanks
    You may get better answers here - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580

I'm not sure how easy it is if she authorised the bank transfer.

This is a UK article, but some of it may be useful
    https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/09/more-help-for-payment-scam-victims-but-some-will-still-be-out-of-pocket/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Anyone know what the story is with ticketmaster and their tickets atm? Got my Life Festival ticket there today by post and they were the old card format ones and my friends got theirs and they were the new paper ones? Mistake or just getting rid of what they have?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭bren2001

Raekwondo wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with ticketmaster and their tickets atm? Got my Life Festival ticket there today by post and they were the old card format ones and my friends got theirs and they were the new paper ones? Mistake or just getting rid of what they have?

The new paper tickets are the new physical tickets. I assume it's much cheaper for them to produce. Shame, I always order physical tickets because I keep them in an album. These new ones won't stand the test of time too long I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

bren2001 wrote: »
    The new paper tickets are the new physical tickets. I assume it's much cheaper for them to produce. Shame, I always order physical tickets because I keep them in an album. These new ones won't stand the test of time too long I'd imagine.

You could pick up a laminator on Amazon for around €20 I wouldn't imagine it would have to be a brilliant one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Hello. So I can't go to a gig in the Olympia soon. I want to sell the tickets at face value. Thing is, they are mobile tickets, so you have to scan them. I rang ticketmaster and I can't get them changed, they say the Olympia only do mobile tickets. On ticketmaster, there's an option to transfer the tickets. You put the email address and name of the person and I think that's it but how can I sell it to a person so that they can be guaranteed to get the tickets and I'd be guaranteed to get the money? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Hello. So I can't go to a gig in the Olympia soon. I want to sell the tickets at face value. Thing is, they are mobile tickets, so you have to scan them. I rang ticketmaster and I can't get them changed, they say the Olympia only do mobile tickets. On ticketmaster, there's an option to transfer the tickets. You put the email address and name of the person and I think that's it but how can I sell it to a person so that they can be guaranteed to get the tickets and I'd be guaranteed to get the money? Thanks.

Go onto Toutless. Sell them to people with a lot of posts. Avoid people with 1 or 2 posts. Paypal is good because youll have their email too.

The Nal wrote: »
    Go onto Toutless. Sell them to people with a lot of posts. Avoid people with 1 or 2 posts. Paypal is good because youll have their email too.

Ok but how can they trust me?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ok but how can they trust me?

Ive usually met people but thats the risk!

The Nal wrote: »
    Ive usually met people but thats the risk!

Seems very risky. Is there no verifications on toutless or other site? I'd be happy to put identification or whatever. I'm just thinking I wouldn't send a stranger money without guarantees.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

not really. there's guidelines on Toutless, but ultimately there's an amount of trust involved. they say if possible meet as a person's home or workplace to exchange. if seen people on here mention meeting people and handing over the cash and the seller sending them on their phone/laptop in front of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭blue note

My name is printed on a ticket for George ezra but the ticket isn't for me. Does this matter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

blue note wrote: »
    My name is printed on a ticket for George ezra but the ticket isn't for me. Does this matter?

No, it'll be fine

It's only when they make a big deal about ID checks etc that it ever matters, 99% of the time all that matters is the barcode scanning!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Hi all, I was considering Purchasing tickets on ticket master {resale} for an upcoming gig. Do ticket master guarantee entry to the gig? or is just a Platform for fans to resell and you might end up not getting access to the gig on the day?

It seems wide open for scams, I can 'sell' an e-ticket, get the cash and just not bother sending to the buyer, ill be cash up and can then head along to the show with the e-ticket.

Am I missing something here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Hi all, I was considering Purchasing tickets on ticket master {resale} for an upcoming gig. Do ticket master guarantee entry to the gig? or is just a Platform for fans to resell and you might end up not getting access to the gig on the day?

It seems wide open for scams, I can 'sell' an e-ticket, get the cash and just not bother sending to the buyer, ill be cash up and can then head along to the show with the e-ticket.

Am I missing something here?

Like the old Seatwave system, the vendor doesn't get paid until after the show has happened. If you are refused entry or there is any other issue with the ticket on the night, you can report it.
    If the ticket doesn't appear with five days to the concert date, you can contact Ticketmaster, whereupon they'll (presumably) investigate.
    As such, there is no financial gain to anyone reselling tickets through this system in any sort of fraudulent manner. The only "benefit" to them is causing mischief and screwing up your night.
    Where possible, the tickets seem to be centrally processed through Ticketmaster anyway. A recent Resale ticket I bought was sent to me as an e-ticket, but had been reissued in my name.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Hi all,

Going to Lana Del Rey at Malahide Castle on the 15th of June and I have never been there for a concert before. Can someone tell me when Malahide gigs normally finish up? Thinking of getting the DART back home, but not sure about the timing. Is there a chance the DART will be full and I won't be able to get on? Would I be better off driving? How is parking? Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Falthyron wrote: »
    Hi all,

Going to Lana Del Rey at Malahide Castle on the 15th of June and I have never been there for a concert before. Can someone tell me when Malahide gigs normally finish up? Thinking of getting the DART back home, but not sure about the timing. Is there a chance the DART will be full and I won't be able to get on? Would I be better off driving? How is parking? Thanks in advance!

Don't go on the 15th! She's on the 22nd! :D

It'll finish in time for DART services, and they'll also have buses going into the city centre as well (from the Dublin Road, outside the Malahide Demesne to George's Quay), though they're €10 and they recommend advance booking. There's limited parking at the venue.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Quick one;

I bought 1x ticket [resale] on ticket-master. Is it possible for me to sale that now? as I managed to get two seated elsewhere! I logged into my a/c on ticket-master but does not seem to give me the option of selling the ticket.

Just looking to get what I paid. It is an e-ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

In the Olympia, how difficult is it to get from the Circle into the standing area after you've got in.

For example could you go to the smoking area from the Circle and make your way back into the standing area?

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

BPKS wrote: »
    In the Olympia, how difficult is it to get from the Circle into the standing area after you've got in.

For example could you go to the smoking area from the Circle and make your way back into the standing area?

Nope, i tried a few weeks back........they stamp your hand with the section you've a ticket for........and will check you going down to standing area. No sneaking in these days.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Has anyone successfully used Ticketmaster to resell. I'm not getting any bites on toutless for eagles tickets and I figure that demographic might be more of a ticketmaster crowd. Any time I try to list them on ticketmaster it says I have no second name on my profile. But I do...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

errlloyd wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully used Ticketmaster to resell. I'm not getting any bites on toutless for eagles tickets and I figure that demographic might be more of a ticketmaster crowd. Any time I try to list them on ticketmaster it says I have no second name on my profile. But I do...

just remember the buyer on ticketmaster has to pay quite high additional charges. But there are currently no tickets on sale so you should be OK.

i.e. I have seen people trying to sell resale tickets for gigs far from selling out a and even if seemingly below face they increase to well above face with all the fees.

Advertisement