Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Zardoz

rubadub wrote: »
    Anybody know what the deal/scam is with seatwave prices.

e.g. I see Liam Gallagher tickets on sale. This gig is not sold out, you can see tickets available, not sure if it was ever claimed to be sold out. And they are all the same price.

BUT on seatwave it says

now these people, if real, would be paying far more than that average due to fees.

e.g. cheapest on offer is €63.81, with seatwave fees this is €81.75

---now I try again that single ticket is gone, very strange that someone else bought a single ticket at 2.30 within minutes, in the morning/night on a saturday, before this was posted.

Alot of people just type in Liam Gallagher Dublin tickets into Google and the top options returned would be Viagogo and Seatwave or Stubhub as they are paying Google to be returned as the top searches.

There is a big controversy about this
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5483607/Google-rake-millions-resale-website-viagogo.html

Google have seemingly introduced measures to counter this practice
    http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42961738

Viagogo make their site look like a primary seller and they pay Google to place them at the top of searches.
    Up until recently they had Official ticket seller included in the search result to mislead fans
    http://www.theticketingbusiness.com/2017/07/18/viagogos-use-word-official-scrutiny-irish-advertising-regulator/

People are basically buying tickets from the resale sites thinking that they are buying from the primary seller.
    Which? recently found that 49 per cent of people who bought tickets on sites like these thought the website was the official ticket seller.
    Its a disgusting practice and it basically allows the resale sites to print money as people are paying over the odds for events that arent even sold out .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

wow, that is disgraceful alright. I suppose many people who do not go to gigs, or buying for kids etc might not know which is the first to try. I think some who even do know might use the logic "well it must be sold out, sure what total chancer would try charging more on seatwave it they are still on sale".

So last night there was 1 Liam Gallgher ticket available to me (I did not try for more), then I go to seatwave checking out prices, then I go back and there were none left.

This morning I can get 8! very fishy. I wonder if TM detect interest on seatwave and then pull the tickets. Tricks that ryanair are rumoured to do.

8 Full Price Ticket
    €399.20
    €49.90 x 8
    Subject To Licence, Please Use Public Transport, No Parking.an Open Air Event, General Admission
    Fees
    €50.00
    €6.25 (Service Charge) x 8
    Subtotal
    €449.20

https://www1.ticketmaster.ie/liam-gallagher-co-dublin-06-15-2018/event/1800535E90B61006?artistid=2055477&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 5ive

Hi,
    Does anyone know if there's a minimum age for kids accompanied by an adult, going to concerts? Looked on the bord gais theatre website but nothing specific about age and their admin are off until Tuesday.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

5ive wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone know if there's a minimum age for kids accompanied by an adult, going to concerts? Looked on the bord gais theatre website but nothing specific about age and their admin are off until Tuesday.
    Thanks

Taken from The Bord Gais Energy Theatres Frequently Asked Questions on their website.

Can I bring Children to the Theatre?
    All Children aged 3 and over can visit the theatre with a valid ticket. Babes in arms and infants 2 years old and under will not be permitted into the theatre. However, if the performance is classed as a children’s show then infants under the age of 2 are admitted free of charge and will not need to purchase a ticket as no seat will be allocated.

Please note that parents with a child who is disrupting other patrons will be asked to leave the auditorium to settle the child. Our policy is that only one infant is permitted per family, and if you are bringing other children to a show along with an infant, it is advisable that at least two adults are in attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hughgrogan

Hey guys. I really want to see julien baker in Vicar street however the show is over 18s and I'll only be 16... Does anyone know how strict they are? I could probably pass for 18 but I'm afraid
    they will ask for Id if there is any doubt. I want to ****ing go to this so bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

Hi All,

We are unable to attend the Ed Sheeran gig in Dublin on the 16th May (thankfully - not a big fan at all :D )

With the clamp down on ticket touts and sites like Viagogo (robbers) and Seatwave etc would you have any recommendations where we could put them up for sale ? Tried Adverts.ie but the ad has been removed.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭morphman

Gally79 wrote:
    We are unable to attend the Ed Sheeran gig in Dublin on the 16th May (thankfully - not a big fan at all )

I think so it of people are in the same boat and with only a few weeks left till the gigs it's absolute poor form that there is no facility to pass them on at face value.

Gutted, they're just concert tickets and not plutonium.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Toutless.com?

No chance

Ed Sheeran tickets are restricted

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26460

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Why were they removed?

Due to artist restrictions requiring the original buyer to attend these events we will not be allowing buying/sellling/swapping of tickets Via the regular forums for the following events:

Ed Sheeran 2018 Tour All Venues.
    Noel Gallagher 2018 tour
    Iron Maiden 2018 Tour
    U2 2018 Tour Irish Venues.

Posts will be removed about these events in the Events and Swap forums.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Ah I see, didn’t realise there were restrictions. I bought Radiohead tickets last year, a few months later the card I used to buy them expired and I held onto it in my purse for fear I’d be refused entry to the gig. On the night the restrictions didn’t appear to be enforced, I certainly wasn’t checked in any way differently than at other gigs. I understand it’s a big gamble though for somebody to buy them off you and not know if they’ll be granted entry.

Ya in fairness I wouldnt feel comfortable to sell them on to someone without being confident that the buyer will actually get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Can you try selling them to someone you know, someone you'd trust with your credit card? I bought two for my son, he decided he doesn't want to go anymore and I never wanted to go, I emailed Ticketmaster and they said just ensure the attending party has a copy of my photo ID and the physical card used to purchase.
    I put them up on my Facebook page and they were gone in minutes (to a friend's wife who I do trust with my card!)

Excellent advice, appreciate it. Will probably the only way to flog them among family and close friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Can you try selling them to someone you know, someone you'd trust with your credit card? I bought two for my son, he decided he doesn't want to go anymore and I never wanted to go, I emailed Ticketmaster and they said just ensure the attending party has a copy of my photo ID and the physical card used to purchase.
    I put them up on my Facebook page and they were gone in minutes (to a friend's wife who I do trust with my card!)

Second this. My experience below:

The National gig in vicar street was credit card entry only. Someone was selling tickets online. I was lucky enough to be given a lend of her credit card for the night (very generous I know!). No problems getting in ( despite the card being in her name, and the fact I am male :)! )

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

The main venue in Whelans, is it standing only? I’ve never been before and my knees wouldn’t be able for it in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    The main venue in Whelans, is it standing only? I’ve never been before and my knees wouldn’t be able for it in that case.

Basically yes, but there's a small raised area to one side with some seats, and plenty of seats upstairs. You'd need to get there early for the side section normally, and upstairs you can't really see the stage (although the sound is fine)

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Ok, thank you for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Robin132

Trying to boom accessible tickets through Ticketmaster but when I get to the menu and press 2 it just disconnects. And of course when you get through to anyone else they say they can't book accessible tickets and I must be doing something wrong 🙄 anyone any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://travelmaster.ie

Anyone ever use Travelmaster.ie for any gigs/events ??

Trying them out on Friday next for WWE in the 3arena

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://travelmaster.ie

Anyone ever use Travelmaster.ie for any gigs/events ??

Trying them out on Friday next for WWE in the 3arena

No, but you might let us know how you get on as they came up as an option for a concert I am going to next month. Never heard of them before so would be interested to see how you get on. Wonder if they use their own buses it if they are just like an agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I’m heading to NGs HFBs tomorrow night at the 3. I work from home on Fridays and was wondering if I can bring my laptop with me in a relatively small rucksack?

Thanks

L

• Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Going to Kodaline in Malahide Castle and Gardens in a few weeks time.

Not sure if I will be able to take the day off work so may have to travel up immediately afterwards (finished at 5PM). What time would you expect them to be on stage? Would like to catch some of the support acts if possible too. Gates open at 5PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭bren2001

Going to Kodaline in Malahide Castle and Gardens in a few weeks time.

Not sure if I will be able to take the day off work so may have to travel up immediately afterwards (finished at 5PM). What time would you expect them to be on stage? Would like to catch some of the support acts if possible too. Gates open at 5PM.

Pretty much every gig in this country has the main act on stage between 8:30 and 9 pm. I'd imagine these will be closer to 9. Plenty of time to make the support act, certainly if you're getting a dart.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    No, but you might let us know how you get on as they came up as an option for a concert I am going to next month. Never heard of them before so would be interested to see how you get on. Wonder if they use their own buses it if they are just like an agent.

Used tonight for the wwe in the 3arena from Waterford City. Very good service, It was only a mini bus, they may have bigger busses when demand is greater ???. The driver has a list of names of people who booked the tickets for it and he rings you if ur not at the pick up spot and gives u time to get back to the stop. They pick u up the same place they dropped you

Deff recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Used tonight for the wwe in the 3arena from Waterford City. Very good service, It was only a mini bus, they may have bigger busses when demand is greater ???. The driver has a list of names of people who booked the tickets for it and he rings you if ur not at the pick up spot and gives u time to get back to the stop. They pick u up the same place they dropped you

Deff recommend it

Thanks for the update, great to hear it worked out. Must give them a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xkat11

Hi everyone, I have a question about ticketmaster sales. I just got a message that there is a sale on Kodaline tickets for June 8th tomorrow, can someone verify that it will indeed be a sale (the price will be lower and by how much?). I wasn't even aware that there can be sales on concert tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ts_editor

xkat11 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I have a question about ticketmaster sales. I just got a message that there is a sale on Kodaline tickets for June 8th tomorrow, can someone verify that it will indeed be a sale (the price will be lower and by how much?). I wasn't even aware that there can be sales on concert tickets.
    In this case it's "extra tickets" made available. Not a reduced price sale.

Dd4rRnGV4AAFrZq.jpg

Advertisement