Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭bren2001

Suas11 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a cloakroom in The Academy?

Downstairs there is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,875 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i ordered a pair of Alpine ear plugs off ticketmaster last weds 7th June

any chance they will arrive before Wednesday ??? im based in Waterford City

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Hey, So I am heading up to Ricky Gervais Saturday but will be driving up and down on the day. Can anyone tell me the best way to get parking near the three arena?

Is there a way to book a parking spot so you are guaranteed a place to leave your car? Any advice would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

joe123 wrote: »
    Hey, So I am heading up to Ricky Gervais Saturday but will be driving up and down on the day. Can anyone tell me the best way to get parking near the three arena?

Is there a way to book a parking spot so you are guaranteed a place to leave your car? Any advice would be great.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/z-car-park-ticket-ricky-dublin-06-24-2017/event/18005255927E1826?artistid=1453681&majorcatid=10005&minorcatid=0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Wing126 wrote: »

That's great thanks! Don't suppose you know how early the car park ticket would be valid for? Might be arriving in Dub round 3ish that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Anyone know will ticketmaster change hard copy tickets for e tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

joe123 wrote: »
    That's great thanks! Don't suppose you know how early the car park ticket would be valid for? Might be arriving in Dub round 3ish that day.

Says on the link that entry to the car park is from 6pm onwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Anyone ever got to Eclectic Ballroom in the Grand Social?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Anyone know if you can bring a backpack into gigs in Ormeau Park in Belfast? Looks like it'll rain on and off tomorrow and want some where to throw my jacket/hat when it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

In order to allow easy access, and cause minimal delays, we would like to discourage all guests from bringing bags to the event, and no luggage
    or large electronic devices (for example laptop computers) will be permitted.

http://www.belsonic.com/BELSONIC_INFO_PACK_2017.pdf

(I reckon you can but you will probably be searched.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I have a ticket for the Bord Gais Theatre in a few weeks. My ticket tells me that I'll be in Box A. Does anyone know if the view is good from this area?

http://www.bordgaisenergytheatre.ie/images/downloads/seating-plan-website.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

This seems as good a place as any to post this question.

What's unreserved seating in the Olympia like? I've been to the Olympia loads of times but have always been standing. Will people actually sit down up there or will they stand towards the front? (Take a hip hop gig for example where I expect the crowd to be relatively young and fairly boisterous)

Is there any chance of sneaking into the standing area?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Rothko wrote: »
    I have a ticket for the Bord Gais Theatre in a few weeks. My ticket tells me that I'll be in Box A. Does anyone know if the view is good from this area?

http://www.bordgaisenergytheatre.ie/images/downloads/seating-plan-website.jpg
    better idea here
    BGET20149231154705.jpg
    What's unreserved seating in the Olympia like? I've been to the Olympia loads of times but have always been standing. Will people actually sit down up there or will they stand towards the front?
    This will be upper circle, "the gods", people will end up standing at lively gigs, I think those in the very front row will be forced to sit by bouncers for safety reasons, at least they will try.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Anyone know if it possible to select specific seats through ticketmaster at the 3 arena?

Anyone know if it possible to select specific seats through ticketmaster at the 3 arena?

if you use the www1 trick you can select a block & row that are offered to you, if you go through further you can see exact seat numbers before buying.

i.e. this is the old page
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/1800534D99BFB5A9?brand=&tm_link=tm_homeA_g6&hot_ticket_brand=

new pay screen is this, just add the 1 yourself
    http://www1.ticketmaster.ie/event/1800534D99BFB5A9?brand=&tm_link=tm_homeA_g6&hot_ticket_brand=

I think if you ring them you might be able to select too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 maarkl

Does anyone know how strict the sugar club is on ID for a concert

• Registered Users Posts: 3 c_ef

Anyone know if you buy seated tickets for the INEC can you still stand? Is it anything like Live at the Marquee where it doesn't matter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SilverHaze

Hi

My two sisters want me to book two concert ticket's on Ticketmaster in my name and card, would they be able to use the tickets or do they have to be in there name?

SilverHaze wrote: »
    Hi

My two sisters want me to book two concert ticket's on Ticketmaster in my name and card, would they be able to use the tickets or do they have to be in there name?

what is the gig? most are not that restrictive, even those with restrictions, e.g. ed sheeran will allow people with the same surname use them, and even if not there are other options like bringing photocopies of the CC, which I guess you would trust your sisters with, I think numbers can even be blotted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SilverHaze

The gig is Picture This - 17th June

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

c_ef wrote: »
    Anyone know if you buy seated tickets for the INEC can you still stand? Is it anything like Live at the Marquee where it doesn't matter ?

There are separate entrances for the Standing and Seated Sections so it definitely isn't like the Marquee when you can move freely around the venue.

You might be able to sneak down but they always have someone on the stairs there so am unsure what would happen if you tried.

Maybe a sob story might work?Who knows? :)

SilverHaze wrote: »
    The gig is Picture This - 17th June

They will be able to use tickets in your name fine as there is no restrictions on this concert. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BackAgainAgain

Does anybody know if I can buy tickets for a show in Amsterdam in a Ticketmaster store over here? Or will I have to go through the Ticketmaster Netherlands website?

Does anybody know if I can buy tickets for a show in Amsterdam in a Ticketmaster store over here? Or will I have to go through the Ticketmaster Netherlands website?

You can't get shows for Amsterdam in a Ticketmaster store here alright so it will be through Ticketmaster Netherlands or whichever ticket agency over there does the particular show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Can the Ticketmaster app only be used to buy tickets for gigs in Ireland? Whenever I try and change the location to somewhere outside of Ireland it doesn’t work.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bigguns2

Hi is possible to get hardcopy tickets sent in the post even though e-fast tickets chosen when purchased?

Thanks

bigguns2 wrote: »
    Hi is possible to get hardcopy tickets sent in the post even though e-fast tickets chosen when purchased?

Thanks

Yes!Just ring ticketmaster and ask them to switch from ticketfast to hardcopy tickets.

I know years ago they would'nt allow the switch if you had opened the ticketfast tickets in your account but they are probably more lenient now.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

Do you need credit card for buying from ticket Master by phone? I'd prefer to use debit card.
    Also, is the phone easier than online? Im looking to buy at 9am but will be in work and internet signal can be patchy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

MastiffMrs wrote: »
    Do you need credit card for buying from ticket Master by phone? I'd prefer to use debit card.
    Also, is the phone easier than online? Im looking to buy at 9am but will be in work and internet signal can be patchy

You can use Debit or Credit card over the phone or online.

The phone system is generally automated but easy to use. Can be a slighty long process as the automated system asks you to confirm each selection you have made at each stage.

The Ticketmaster App is the best option and works well if you have access.

• Advertisement

Anybody know what the deal/scam is with seatwave prices.

e.g. I see Liam Gallagher tickets on sale. This gig is not sold out, you can see tickets available, not sure if it was ever claimed to be sold out. And they are all the same price.
    These tickets are held for: 01:01

Sec GA1
    Row --, Seats --
    €49.90 ea
    Buy
    SUBJECT TO LICENCE, PLEASE USE PUBLIC T ...
    Full Price Ticket
    TICKET PRICE €49.90 x 1
    SERVICE CHARGE €6.25 x 1
    SUBTOTAL (Full Price Ticket) €56.15

BUT on seatwave it says
    Avg. Sale Price: €72.04
    Last Sale Price: €57.19
    now these people, if real, would be paying far more than that average due to fees.

e.g. cheapest on offer is €63.81, with seatwave fees this is €81.75

---now I try again that single ticket is gone, very strange that someone else bought a single ticket at 2.30 within minutes, in the morning/night on a saturday, before this was posted.

Advertisement