Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldo McGregor CONFIRMED July 11 Vegas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

slayerking wrote: »
    My concern is the views people will have if they are not on a stage and most people decide to standing up. Always prefer tiered seating.

From pictures of every other public press conference on the tour (actually every UFC public press conference I can remember) the fighters are on some form of stage. I know it’s Ireland but I can’t see how they’d have an event without a stage.

Tiered is obviously preferable but I’ve seen a fair few posts complaining about the flat surface for this free event, when there’s plenty of people that would love to have a ticket. It didn’t do any harm to the atmosphere for McGregor’s last Vegas weigh in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

They will have a stage, I was at a different event in the same room and it had a stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Section 221 row j 6 of us going ,not sure what the seat numbers are

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sheriff2

Tickets just went on general sale.... Cheapest seat $725!!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Paul.k.b.90

Just checked there and its telling me its sold out already haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

DrPhilG wrote: »
    So now that the dust has settled on the ticket sales, what Boardsies are going and where are you sitting?

I'll update that seating plan from the other day with our locations, see how spread out we are, lol.

I'm Block 1, Row U, seat 14.

Section 207 row F seats 17-22

Really wanted the next bracket in but with the demand for this I'm just glad I'll be in the building!!

Raging I couldn't get a ticket for the media day though!! I know people going who have never even attended an mma event...hope that comes across as begrudgingly as possible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Section 204 row n

Anyone on the flight out Wednesday??

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

but1er wrote: »
    Section 204 row n

Anyone on the flight out Wednesday??

Will double check I think I'm flyin on wed the dub - London - Vegas one??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Dublin Chicago is my flight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Dub - San Fran Tuesday to Monday.

Fight week might be done however if its a long queue after queue not sure its worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,196 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Dublin via London, Wednesday to Monday.

Waiting to see if the TUF finale goes ahead on Sunday night now.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭thelibertyboy

im on the flight on wednesday at 11:35am > philly > las vegas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

sheriff2 wrote: »
    Tickets just went on general sale.... Cheapest seat $725!!

Madness, we got our tickets through fight pass on Wednesday for $250, should have bought extra to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Madness, we got our tickets through fight pass on Wednesday for $250, should have bought extra to sell.

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I was tempted to get extras to to sell to other irish and friends at face value.

Hope thats what you meant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

2300 tickets bought from Ireland, 1300 from Brazil and 1800 from Canada according to Dana.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

ASOT wrote: »
    2300 tickets bought from Ireland, 1300 from Brazil and 1800 from Canada according to Dana.

Where you get this from?

Surprised it still hasn't sold out yet but I'm sure it's just matter of time. 80% sold and only pricey tickets left.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

PIMPHO wrote: »
    Where you get this from?

Surprised it still hasn't sold out yet but I'm sure it's just matter of time. 80% sold and only pricey tickets left.

Quotes on Twitter confirmed by various sources; I'd say itl be in the next embedded video! Yeah its just the pricey sears left by the looks of things, the event will be HUGE.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

ASOT wrote: »
    Quotes on Twitter confirmed by various sources; I'd say itl be in the next embedded video! Yeah its just the pricey sears left by the looks of things, the event will be HUGE.

Can't wait, going to be absolutely epic!
    My prediction from the start, McG within 3 rounds. 👊💪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Was a bit worried by the press conference in Boston to be honest. McGregor had been goading Aldo from the word go until that point and McGregor just seemed to get riled up by little things. I know McGregor is in Aldo's head but if Aldo is in McGregor's head then it's going to make for a frantic and great fight but McGregor will leave himself open.

Still leaning towards a McGregor win though. Aldo doesn't seem to be able to take a punch the way he used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,196 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I just hope they don't water down the rest of the card now.

It's already selling like hot cakes, why bother stacking it?

July PPV though, always one of the big ones so hopefully they pile on some top fights.

Aldo and McGregor will be wrapped in bloody cotton wool to make sure neither get injured!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭xtal191

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Was a bit worried by the press conference in Boston to be honest. McGregor had been goading Aldo from the word go until that point and McGregor just seemed to get riled up by little things. I know McGregor is in Aldo's head but if Aldo is in McGregor's head then it's going to make for a frantic and great fight but McGregor will leave himself open.

Still leaning towards a McGregor win though. Aldo doesn't seem to be able to take a punch the way he used to.

Whats that based on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

July PPV though, always one of the big ones so hopefully they pile on some top fights.

Aldo and McGregor will be wrapped in bloody cotton wool to make sure neither get injured!
    Even if the tickets are flying out the door the UFC won't miss this opportunity. During International Fight Week, with an expo in Vegas, I expect to see the entire main card being full of great fights. There are already two mouth-watering fights there and there is room for two more. Also, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Duffy will be the headline bout in the pre-lims. Sure, I may be wrong, but I wouldn't worry about the UFC not giving us at least a decent card outside the title fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

MGM sold out is about $7m gate.
    PPV buys will be $25-40m.
    Stacked cards are for PPV sakes not the live crowd. I've every confidence it'll be a huge card.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Scooper

I heard over 2,700 tickets were sold in Ireland alone. That's pretty crazy. Probably loads more Irish living in America, who bought tickets too.There's going to be some atmosphere in the MGM on July 11th, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Scooper wrote: »
    I heard over 2,700 tickets were sold in Ireland alone. That's pretty crazy. Probably loads more Irish living in America, who bought tickets too.There's going to be some atmosphere in the MGM on July 11th, can't wait.
    The true figure has to be 3000+ with Irish living overseas going.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

mrkiscool2 wrote: »

I take it you're talking about the embeddded episode in Boston? I think hes getting frustrated that Aldo isn't showing as much fear as he wants yeah. But also take into consideration the editing of the video plays a big part in manipulating the audience, it could have been partly a conscious decision from the editor/producer to make the viewers think Mcgregor is getting more riled up than he actually was.

Watch this which is less edited, he doesn't come off as pissed off as the embedded episode suggested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPDCbCsCvWY

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

im on the flight on wednesday at 11:35am > philly > las vegas

Likewise pal... Should your nice expensive ticket for 189 go missing don't be looking in my direction. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭thelibertyboy

Haha im sure with your 45000!!posts on here i cud track u down :)_

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement