Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldo McGregor CONFIRMED July 11 Vegas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Are many of you boys planning on going to see Joe Rogan the night before? He doesn't announce his gigs till roughly a month away from the event, but I'll definitely be getting tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

dulux99 wrote: »
    Are many of you boys planning on going to see Joe Rogan the night before? He doesn't announce his gigs till roughly a month away from the event, but I'll definitely be getting tickets.

Will definitely be going provided I get tickets that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

If as expected Invicta is on the Friday night with Cyborg headlining I'll probably try and go to that, I'm sure there'll be plenty of options for the week revealed the closer we get to July!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

DK224 wrote: »
    If as expected Invicta is on the Friday night with Cyborg headlining I'll probably try and go to that, I'm sure there'll be plenty of options for the week revealed the closer we get to July!

There's going to be a UFC event on the Sunday aswell, and one during the week I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Unsure if posted already but McGregor slapped Aldo on the back just as they were about to go live on an interview. Look at the face on everyone involved :pac:

867166d92fa4d57a39b233c3475fc37e.png

Certainly a response from McGregor to Aldo's managers claims that if he touched him we will see what would happen from the last Embedded video. More about the incident including a clip of the full interview on the below link:

https://fansided.com/2015/03/27/conor-mcgregor-slapped-jose-aldo-before-canadian-tv-interview/

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Silly question

Is there any Brazilians going Tuesday?

but1er wrote: »
    Silly question

Is there any Brazilians going Tuesday?

You're right.

Jesus, the atmosphere in this interview was very, very cagey. Seems like no one wanted to be there.

Conor clearly a bit pissed off and agitated with the (admittedly annoying) interviewer who kept pressing him on the comments he was making. Though Conor's usually extremely strong game in front of the cameras was well off the standard everyone has become used to by now too as he probably thought he could go in, drop a few soundbites and that'd be job done.

The events of the last couple of days are likely getting to them all. Patience is noticeably wearing quite thin now, though it is to be expected given their schedule. I'm sure the two days away from each other will do McGregor and Aldo the world of good and they'll be refreshed and ready to go again for London and Dublin on Monday and Tuesday.

"This is not a therapy session" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Landsberg and his show Off the Record generally is annoying anyways imo so I can see why neither wanted to be there. Hes one of those interviewers that likes to push buttons and get under the skin of the fighter to try get a rise out of them.

Yeah Landsberg is a total dick, Always trying to wind people up. Chael and CM Punk both walked off during interviews while he's laughing at them. Never seen a guy fit the "If you hit me I'll sue" definition.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Mate just got a pack around 1800 flight hotel ticket Tuesday to Sunday 250 deposit on click and go

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Some difference in Aldos demeanour from McGregor jumping at him and Aldo smiling in his face to what we are now seeing.

I'm not saying it will make a difference come fight time(personally I think it will) but he's clearly "in his head".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Ush1 wrote: »
    Some difference in Aldos demeanour from McGregor jumping at him and Aldo smiling in his face to what we are now seeing.

I'm not saying it will make a difference come fight time(personally I think it will) but he's clearly "in his head".

Which could work in Aldos favour.

If you hate someone so much, nothing will stop you in your tracks when up against them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Which could work in Aldos favour.

If you hate someone so much, nothing will stop you in your tracks when up against them.

Also more likely to make mistakes

Also more likely to make mistakes

Debatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Debatable.
    It's not. When you are more aggressive you automatically leave yourself more open. If you are facing someone who can hit you like McGregor can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

This world tour is getting pretty old now, there's only so many times you can see them face off. If it's getting boring to me, I can only imagine how boring it's becoming for Conor and aldo.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    It's not. When you are more aggressive you automatically leave yourself more open. If you are facing someone who can hit you like McGregor can.

So is this a certain set in stone for every fight and fighter?

What are you basing it on?

Some fighter saying it or some huge study on the subject?

Does been in someone's head automatically mean they will be more aggressive?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

dulux99 wrote: »
    This world tour is getting pretty old now, there's only so many times you can see them face off. If it's getting boring to me, I can only imagine how boring it's becoming for Conor and aldo.

Yeah it's pretty much the same stuff every day now. Which is to be expected I guess. They have the answer the same questions at every event. After Dublin I think the fight will go on the back burner publicity wise for a couple of months. Probably start ramping it up in June again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

After Dublin it's just London, or is Dublin the last spot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

CatFromHue wrote: »
    After Dublin it's just London, or is Dublin the last spot?
    Dublin is the last stop on Tuesday
    Started in his home town
    Ends in Conor's
    There'll be some atmosphere in the convention centre
    I'd say they could've sold out the point of it was opened to the fans

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mmadouvih

Has everyones' banks taken the payment to Ticketmaster in full as of Monday 30th? Mine is still hanging there, the funds are frozen ("Available funds" is the full amount less than it was/the TM transaction is visible in the "pending transactions" field), I have received a Ticketmaster email and my tickets are visible/printable in my TM account's "My Account" section - however I'm getting a little worried as I guess nothing is 100% until the transaction is complete/cleared.

Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

mmadouvih wrote: »
    Has everyones' banks taken the payment to Ticketmaster in full as of Monday 30th? Mine is still hanging there, the funds are frozen ("Available funds" is the full amount less than it was/the TM transaction is visible in the "pending transactions" field), I have received a Ticketmaster email and my tickets are visible/printable in my TM account's "My Account" section - however I'm getting a little worried as I guess nothing is 100% until the transaction is complete/cleared.

Anyone else?

Mine was taken in full the next day. I got them on Wednesday though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

brinty wrote: »
    Dublin is the last stop on Tuesday
    Started in his home town
    Ends in Conor's
    There'll be some atmosphere in the convention centre
    I'd say they could've sold out the point of it was opened to the fans

Nicki Minaj is on in the 3 on Tuesday they couldn't use it

Etnies wrote: »
    Nicki Minaj is on in the 3 on Tuesday they couldn't use it

I'm surprised they didn't need to book The Convention Centre in addition, just for her arse!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

darced wrote: »

He did look a bit off all right and didn't come across great tbh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement