Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldo McGregor CONFIRMED July 11 Vegas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,069 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Jose expecting to have the Toronto crowd on his side. I'm not so sure he will tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Paully D wrote: »
    Jesus, the atmosphere in this interview was very, very cagey. Seems like no one wanted to be there.

I agree but surely there are contributory factors. Obvious ones to me looking at the clip were 1. Interviewer was rubbish 2. Location was sterile, it was like a morning time tv set with the US equivalent of philip schofield. So extra hard to get into the right mode because of that.
    I think this tour seemed a good idea at the time but theres just to many city visits. I think if they ever do future tours and im not sure they will it will be 3-4 cities max. It just seems too drawn out and even at this stage i think participants and even dana are getting slightly tired of it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

califano wrote: »
    I agree but surely there are contributory factors. Obvious ones to me looking at the clip were 1. Interviewer was rubbish 2. Location was sterile, it was like a morning time tv set with the US equivalent of philip schofield. So extra hard to get into the right mode because of that.
    I think this tour seemed a good idea at the time but theres just to many city visits. I think if they ever do future tours and im not sure they will it will be 3-4 cities max. It just seems too drawn out and even at this stage i think participants and even dana are getting slightly tired of it already.
    I read an article about this interview. They had 2 run ins earlier in the day with McGregor touching Aldo who lost his ****. Refused to do any more media before Dana talked him into it.

Then this interview happened. Dana was sitting there with Conor for 20 minutes before Aldo showed up. Was very tense and not helped by interviewer.

Moved aldo to a different hotel afterwards so they wouldnt run into each other again that day

Source
    http://m.ufc.com/news/UFC-World-Tour--Tensions-Run-High--Patience-Wears-Thin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Here is the new embedded that shows Conor tugging Aldo's hoodie. Jaysus the tension even before the cameras turn on, mental!

Conor during the face off 'let's get closer so I can smell your p*ssy' Jaysus Conor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

Hoe-say is not looking forward to Ireland. lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭maniac2000

I cannot wait for this fight.. the tension coming across in the videos is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

While I'm certainly a massive fan of Conor, what makes his tormenting of Aldo and belittling of the man all the more surreal, is the fact that there is a legitimate chance that Aldo knocks him out in July, but McGregor clearly doesn't give a ****.

This is a man who's one of the greatest champions in UFC history, and McGregor is treating him like a sham :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Aldo is so intense. Cant wait for the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

Image_12.jpg

Jesus that is the definition of a death stare from Aldo!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

He is the biggest wind up merchant ever:)

Typical Irish way, no-one does the wind ups better!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Knex. wrote: »
    While I'm certainly a massive fan of Conor, what makes his tormenting of Aldo and belittling of the man all the more surreal, is the fact that there is a legitimate chance that Aldo knocks him out in July, but McGregor clearly doesn't give a ****.

This is a man who's one of the greatest champions in UFC history, and McGregor is treating him like a sham :pac:

I don't think McGregor came across great in that last clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

JustTheOne wrote: »
    He is the biggest wind up merchant ever:)

Typical Irish way, no-one does the wind ups better!

there is winding someone up and then theres just being disrespectful, grabbing him from behind was over the line imo. He is very good at winding him up, but yet claims he only does it because aldo spoke about him out of turn, sounds like double standards to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭maniac2000

akelly02 wrote: »
    there is winding someone up and then theres just being disrespectful, grabbing him from behind was over the line imo. He is very good at winding him up, but yet claims he only does it because aldo spoke about him out of turn, sounds like double standards to me.

yeah when I watched the clip containing the moment he touched him from behind I thought it was a strange thing to do especially coming from a professional sportsman. It almost had the trademarks of classroom antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was watching the London press conference. Dana wanted to close off O'Connell Street for the fan event. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Ive one spare on me for tomorrow can meet you down there tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

I'd love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

but1er wrote: »
    Ive one spare on me for tomorrow can meet you down there tomorrow

Seen someone offering to pay 100Euro for one on Facebook earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That_Guy wrote: »
    Was watching the London press conference. Dana wanted to close off O'Connell Street for the fan event. :pac:

The cheeky bollix saying to hold conor's title defense in Cardiff and conor having none of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Amazingfun wrote: »
    I'd love it!

Got to me first sorry folk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

but1er wrote: »
    Got to me first sorry folk

Conor Bless You !!! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

Anyone got a spare for tomorrow?

I'll buy a pint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Is there a link to the London presser?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭sc86

how many tickets went on sale for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Jesus Conor was feeling very testy in the last blog, not seen much of Aldo personality up until the blogs so not sure if that way he is all the but the way he letting do that **** is surprising.

Aldo is very close to hitting Conor a box.If it did happen be interesting to see how UFC handle it, Conor is looking for it tbf so no one can blame Aldo if he did

I'd have to laugh if Aldo KO'd Conor in Dublin at the presser.I guessing Conor be extra hyper in Dublin may push Aldo too far

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

So, eh, any tickets for tomorrow lads? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Is there a link to the London presser?

London press conference highlights:

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

McGregors constant trash talk is getting old. It was funny at the start but it's just the same thing over and over - I'm gonna rip your head clean of, that's my belt etc and to make is worse Aldo doesn't understand a word. He could at least try and add a few new ones to the script!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Scooper

In fairness to McGregor though, this whole world tour must be head-wrecking. New day, new venue, but it's the same questions time after time and it goes on and on. He has to repeat himself and as annoying as it is for the fans to hear, it must be really frustrating for him to have to put up with it. The main reason people are getting tired of it now, is because it's being shoved in our faces. Everyday on YouTube, there's a new video of McGregor, a new interview, a new press conference etc. and it's the same questions that he's getting asked.

The UFC have hyped this fight to the absolute limit now. I'd say both fighters just can't wait to get Dublin out of the way now(especially Aldo) and start up their training camps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

This is true, it's at the absolute limit, thank god for all concerned there's only one left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

I'm sure conor will take the trash talk to a whole new level tomorrow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement