Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 SalteeBiscuits

TCPIP wrote: »
    Just a reminder of the form I created if anyone is willing to help compile some data on pass rates and average grades in these exams.

https://forms.gle/884G1bmrUHv7YyvXA

If I get enough numbers I'll post the results in a week so please share far and wide!

Really like this idea! Submitted my results there

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Highwood

Can anyone let me know where the results are on the website please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Fe7

Same!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

Highwood wrote: »

http://www.lawsociety.ie/fe1results if you click on this it will ask you to login and they come up straight away!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a copy of your script?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭neon123

Indeed, I've done it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

Highwood wrote: »

Click on the link in the email they sent.

http://www.lawsociety.ie/fe1results

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭LeagleEagle747

Fitz_95 wrote: »
    Honestly this is so true- I know myself my mother was badly sick with Covid and then 3 weeks before the exams I lost a close friend to suicide, this pandemic is so hard as it is and the law society couldn’t give a damn about how we’re struggling or trying to assist us.

Definitely, one of my parents is sick with cancer, and my family split up coming into the November sitting so stressed has been my middle name, makes everything more bitter today...

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

So an early insight, nobody has failed EU...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bozzer198

anyone else feel they done very well in the paper but results say otherwise, honestly starting to think theyre last minute system they put together didnt save some of my questions

• Advertisement

Would there be enough time between rechecks and the next sitting to know whether you need to resit or not? I hate the idea of shelling out money for a recheck, then not getting the results in time, and then resitting, to find out I've gone up to a pass and I wasted time and energy studying for the subject when I didn't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

FE1s2021 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it takes to get a copy of your script?

I was waiting ages the last sitting! Sat Tort in August, applied to see my script as I thought I did a lot better. Got 37... too low to get a re check I think. Was so long waiting I missed the application deadline for November for tort.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 michaelot97

bozzer198 wrote: »
    anyone else feel they done very well in the paper but results say otherwise, honestly starting to think theyre last minute system they put together didnt save some of my questions

My equity result makes absolutely no sense to me. When will I get my recheck result? Will it even be before the March sitting?

I was waiting ages the last sitting! Sat Tort in August, applied to see my script as I thought I did a lot better. Got 37... too low to get a re check I think. Was so long waiting I missed the application deadline for November for tort.

God the more I read about previous sittings and the rechecks, etc. make me really reconsider wanting to be a solicitor with the way the Law Society has been arsing around

Fe7 wrote: »

Submitted mine too!

After seeing your script, did you feel ~7 marks per question was fair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

Leave it to the Law Society to actually mark the exams harder during the Pandemic lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 43 DavidX90

TCPIP wrote: »
    Just a reminder of the form I created if anyone is willing to help compile some data on pass rates and average grades in these exams.

If I get enough numbers I'll post the results in a week so please share far and wide!

I've completed the form but I ask that you share your results publicly, regardless of the sample size.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

Would there be enough time between rechecks and the next sitting to know whether you need to resit or not? I hate the idea of shelling out money for a recheck, then not getting the results in time, and then resitting, to find out I've gone up to a pass and I wasted time and energy studying for the subject when I didn't have to.

Wondering the same. If I have to resit, I'd rather do it asap. Would love to see the script before even applying for recheck but seems like there's zero chance of that before the recheck deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Saved.bythelaw

I got 44 Constitutional. My third time failing it and I thought the exan went really well for me so it doesn't make sense at all. Its hit and miss with the rechecks but if you have the money to do them then go for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

DavidX90 wrote: »
    I've completed the form but I ask that you share your results publicly, regardless of the sample size.

Thanks.

Well based on the numbers so far it will be because the response is astounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bozzer198

My equity result makes absolutely no sense to me. When will I get my recheck result? Will it even be before the March sitting?

i dont know tbh, im in the same boat but with company and tort, from looking at boards post exam i pulled out everything and had the same cases but still failed. i doubt it ,wouldnt expect it any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Corplawtrainee

IgoPAP wrote: »
    Leave it to the Law Society to actually mark the exams harder during the Pandemic lmao

Yeah, company seems to be a bit of a wildcard this year. A suprising number of people I know failed it, and those who passed were just 50 on the dot. Genuinely, though that they'd be basically be passing anybody who sat the exams and half-knew the content, given the circumstances.

Yeah, company seems to be a bit of a wildcard this year. A suprising number of people I know failed it, and those who passed were just 50 on the dot. Genuinely, though that they'd be basically be passing anybody who sat the exams and half-knew the content, given the circumstances.

I'm curious if a large number of people were cheating, having been able to use the Act (maybe notes inside or something). And marking it harder was to combat this. I really don't know. I hope not as well, cause it would be real **** for the rest of us. (But also, EU has open book.. but at the same time a different examiner). So shellshocked at this result. It was definitely my best.. the fact I got 36 when I studied for so long and even had a book in front of me makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

42 in Company, which although I feel didn’t go as well as my other exams, which I thankfully passed, I still feel it was marked a small bit harsh. For anyone who’s had company rechecked in the past but felt it was a long shot, how did you get on?

channing90 wrote: »
    Passed Constitutional can't believe it, 8 exams passed at last. Thanks so much to anyone on here who has helped me in anyway. There are some great people on this forum. Now to find a TC.

Well done! :):)
    Good luck on finding a TC too!

Any advice on passing constitutional welcome!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FE1Nov20

How did people find Tort marking??

Fe7 wrote: »
    After seeing your script, did you feel ~7 marks per question was fair?

Totally not!!! But it’s a matter of opinion! I was waiting a long time. I was hoping once I saw my script again, I’d feel comfortable to apply for a recheck based on my answers but by the time I got my script, recheck and application deadlines had passed so just got on with it. And November tort paper seemed like something I would have done well in judging by the paper!

LawLearnin wrote: »
    Wondering the same. If I have to resit, I'd rather do it asap. Would love to see the script before even applying for recheck but seems like there's zero chance of that before the recheck deadline.

Yes wondering if it's just easier to resit seeing as it's €10 more expensive to have a recheck rather than sit the exam. I'm terrible with in-person exams and my anxiety goes through the roof so I never perform well, so I've preferred the online system in that I can do it from home in a familiar setting, but I have too many to sit this March that it's better I push some to next September but I would really rather they still be online, so I'm in a Catch-22 situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

Advertisement