Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

French author, 50, says he's incapable of loving a woman of 50

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Daisy78

anewme wrote: »
    What I find odd is that the focus
    is on women ageing.

It's as if men don't age and stay forever young.

The person who said log onto tinder and look at women over fifty also should look at men over fifty!!

Ah yes but as we all know by now the men have the money, and that is all the wimmins, especially the younger ones are attracted to. Doesn't matter if the guy is getting old, he is financially stable thus able to put a woman in her place, haven't you got the message by now? Tut tut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

There aren't any examples of female posters stating that women in their 20s are not more attractive than women in their 50s.
    And of course men and women are different.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭obby1

And of course men and women are different.

Nazi! why are you pushing this right wing idea?
    Dont you know we are all the same

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

anewme wrote: »
    The person who said log onto tinder and look at women over fifty also should look at men over fifty!!
    Indeed and men have fewer excuses for ageing badly. Other than going bald which is pretty much out of an individual's control, a man at fifty all things being equal shouldn't look too different to him at 30. Men don't get pregnant and give birth, their hormone levels are more stable and trail off very slowly over time and don't switch off unlike in women. They also have more lean tissue than fat. Now if a lad has been overweight since childhood that's one thing, but outside of a genuine health issue, there's little or no excuse for a man who is of slim/average build at 20 to be a fat fecker at forty or fifty. Or sixty for that matter.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭woddensanta

I haven't read this thread and due to time constraints never will but if someone would be kind enough to explane to me how a quip from a random French dude who likes younger women has generated so many posts it would be appreciated.

I haven't read this thread and due to time constraints never will but if someone would be kind enough to explane to me how a quip from a random French dude who likes younger women has generated so many posts it would be appreciated.

In a nut shell, because older women do not wish to accept the truth that younger women are more attractive, naturally beta male white knights come out of the woodwork to support the delusional feminist, everyone else laughs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,636 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Where are all the nutters coming from lately?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

obby1 wrote: »
    In a nut shell, because older women do not wish to accept the truth that younger women are more attractive,
    Woman, earlier, accepting said truth.
    I don't agree that she would give most women in their 20s a run for their money. And she is an exception for a 50-year-old woman, with very touched up photos and access to cosmetic treatments and the best of make-up. Not saying that she couldn't be naturally attractive of course - she very much seems to be, and that body doesn't lie, but as I said, an outlier for a woman of 50.

And there are plenty of women in their 50s who still look good, but women usually look their best in their 20s and early 30s. And that's totally fine.
    naturally beta male white knights come out of the woodwork to support the delusional feminist, everyone else laughs.
    This aspie obsession with the alpha beta shite really grinds my gears. Never mind the near obsession with pointing to and getting the horn over examples of "alpha males" as they see them. (no homo) of course... It's almost entirely an American BroScience© import that you're parroting there Ob. And it's almost entirely utter bollocks with it. It bears near zero relevance to the actual study of group social dynamics in animals, or humans. An area of study by the by that's not exactly "PC" either.

In any event the "beta" male in a group is not the guy this Yank BroScience© seems to want to describe. The beta is second in command, usually trying to find a way to overthrow the alpha in the group and often gets jiggy with the females in the group when the alpha is looking the other way. Very common in gorilla group dynamics. That's how alphas become alphas in the first place. The old alpha male or female drops the ball in the group dynamic and the beta drops in and takes over. In some individual beta animals they work more cleverly and actually try to avoid becoming the alpha. Alphas die younger and face more crap on a daily basis, so the cleverer betas leave them to it and ride many of the ladies on the sly. Less stress, longer survival and gets his genetics into the next generation. Omegas are the lowest in the group, so maybe they'd be the better fit. Even so, the betas and alphas emerge from them as dynamics change.

There's no such thing as alpha wolves either. That was based on mistaken observations on captive animals of the same age and from different backgrounds. In reality a wolf pack is a family unit; a ma, a da and their kids. Just like human families. In time the kids grow up and move out and start families of their own.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Arghus wrote: »
    Where are all the nutters coming from lately?

After years of looney left PC SJW feminist nonsense being push 24 hours a day by the media, the loons now feel empowered to publicly state they believe in this claptrap.

After years of looney left PC SJW feminist nonsense being push 24 hours a day by the media, the loons now feel empowered to publicly state they believe in this claptrap.
    Every philosophy is being pushed these days and it's all "mainstream". Where do you think you got your notions from Ob? Where do you think you got your "looney left PC SJW feminist" buzzwords from. You didn't lick them from a stone. You got them mostly from American online and offline media. Just like the "looney left PC SJW feminists" with their daft imported buzzwords.

I remember the first time I saw things like "trigger warning" or "rape culture" written down in earnest by seemingly normal Irish people and it was on this very site about ten years ago. Or more recently stuff like "not all people with penises are men". And then and now, I thought Whisky Foxtrot Tango? When the more recent surge of lads from Galway or Cork or Dublin spouting "MAGA" or "cuck" I really did want to wear a tee shirt with a "fcuk this gay earth, I'm outa here". It beggars my belief that so many people are such willing sponges for utter ballsology from a completely different culture. On both "sides".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

I have only quickly browsed through 2 forums this morning, this one and one about Watson crick of DNA fame.

The same posters are popping up spouting racist crap there and sexist crap here. I have no problem with different opinions, it is the whole point of a internet forum, but this does look organised.

Talk of beta males, cucks, looney left etc, it really does lower the level of debate.
    All this stuff imported from alt right American sites actually goes against people that have genuinely held conservative views.

Nazi! why are you pushing this right wing idea?
    Dont you know we are all the same
    And yet, not one person even implied that. You're imagining things that aren't there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Because it descended into women bashing, as these things invariably do. Words like "Post wall women", "bitter harpies", "auld bags", etc, bandied about. Special shout out to the poster who made an odious comment about how Amy Schumer should have realised she was "hideous" once she reached the age of consent!

Women dared to defend themselves against these comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,940 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Because it descended into women bashing, as these things invariably do. Words like "Post wall women", "bitter harpies", "auld bags", etc, bandied about. Special shout out to the poster who made an odious comment about how Amy Schumer should have realised she was "hideous" once she reached the age of consent!

Can I just say it's not just women defending themselves. I am a male and have no time for some of the nonsense which was being posted and several other males also posted countering it.

This isn't an all women versus all men thing and I hope it's not being seen that way.

Can I just say it's not just women defending themselves. I am a male and have no time for some of the nonsense which was being posted and several other males also posted countering it.

This isn't an all women versus all men thing and I hope it's not being seen that way.

Absolutely and it's appreciated, I think I even mentioned that no rational minded men think this way.

The trolls weren't interested in any logic or sense though, they just kept full steam ahead with their misogynistic nonsense

I must have hit a nerve, fact is the media is pushing it hard that women should act like they have testicles and men should act like they have none.
    I feel sorry fo the males and females who buy into this nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

I have a weird kind of rule of thumb which I think helps me to adjudicate on these sorts of opinions.

Men who do not say this kind of thing are more than likely content in themselves, easy-going gents, are loved by and love women, and are usually getting the ride.

Men who do say this kind of thing are not getting the ride.

It's like the window wipers of my mind sort them into these boxes automatically. Sorry about that but I can't stop it. :)

rear-window-wiper-decal-cat-wagging-tail-2872.gif

As you were...

Wibbs wrote: »
    Every philosophy is being pushed these days and it's all "mainstream". Where do you think you got your notions from Ob? Where do you think you got your "looney left PC SJW feminist" buzzwords from. You didn't lick them from a stone. You got them mostly from American online and offline media. Just like the "looney left PC SJW feminists" with their daft imported buzzwords.

I remember the first time I saw things like "trigger warning" or "rape culture" written down in earnest by seemingly normal Irish people and it was on this very site about ten years ago. Or more recently stuff like "not all people with penises are men". And then and now, I thought Whisky Foxtrot Tango? When the more recent surge of lads from Galway or Cork or Dublin spouting "MAGA" or "cuck" I really did want to wear a tee shirt with a "fcuk this gay earth, I'm outa here". It beggars my belief that so many people are such willing sponges for utter ballsology from a completely different culture. On both "sides".

Some of us read books, in one i read about the origins of the term PC, it came about during the russian revolution, if memory serves it was Trotsky who coined the term, as a political weapon to be used by far-left Communist ideologues in order to persecute those who did not agree with them, nothing has changed in the 100 years since.

Zorya wrote: »
    I have a weird kind of rule of thumb which I think helps me to adjudicate on these sorts of opinions.

Men who do not say this kind of thing are more than likely content in themselves, easy-going gents, are loved by and love women, and are usually getting the ride.

Men who do say this kind of thing are not getting the ride.

It's like the window wipers of my mind sort them into these boxes automatically. Sorry about that but I can't stop it. :)

rear-window-wiper-decal-cat-wagging-tail-2872.gif

As you were...

You have my pity, im saddened when i see men and women deprived of happiness as they try to go against millions of years of evolution, they have decided to worship the false god of modern feminism.

• Advertisement

The old reliable, the feminist delusion of persecution, no one is out to get you, on the contrary you have a lot of sympathy, your life is much harder than it need be, but like a junkie , it is you who must seek help, you cannot be forced to change.

You have my pity, im saddened when i see men and women deprived of happiness as they try to go against millions of years of evolution, they have decided to worship the false god of modern feminism.

Newsflash, I am not a modern feminist. Old-school feminist yes, but I do not count myself among the modern tribe. It does not even cross my mind that I am discriminated against, because I am not, but there is a huge amount of work for feminists to do worldwide where there is genuine suffering.

There are many isues that are promoted in modern times that I disagree with, in some ways I am socially conservative as a reaction against unintelligent progressive ideology, yet I am very left wing economically, and believe in a robust social democracy. I also feel people can have opinions completely opposed to mine, without my resorting to using jargon against them - even though that courtesy is increasingly not extended across any divide.

However I think it is a terrible pity and worry that there is a portion of what are usually young men who have been sucked into a very angry, bitter, illogical form of neo-misogyny. It blinds them to so much information, learning, personal development, authentic articulation, and so on. There are very good intelligent noble men who love women, love them to be totally free and self-realised, and yet at the same time will not be sucker punched by extreme ideology.

There are so many ways to resist what feels improper to you without becoming resentful or aggressive.

Some of us read books, in one i read about the origins of the term PC, it came about during the russian revolution, if memory serves it was Trotsky who coined the term, as a political weapon to be used by far-left Communist ideologues in order to persecute those who did not agree with them, nothing has changed in the 100 years since.
    Then you really need to read more books. A good idea is to read books whose philosophy you vehemently disagree with. Chances are you'll come out the other side still sure of your position, but it forces the mind to think. Ideologues of any stripe rarely do this. And they should.

In any event the term "political correctness" in the way we understand it is a child of the 1960's and really only took root outside of navel gazing US college campuses in the 90's. Trotsky most certainly didn't mean the same thing(IIRC it was Lenin who coined it?) and the German Nazi party also used the term. Clearly coming from different directions...

Regardless you most certainly did not get terms like "loony left PC SJW feminist" and all that type of American bollocks from books. You got it from the same place fat purple haired US college women "feminists" get their nonsense from and that's echo chamber forums, sites, reddit etc that they fall upon and then take as gospel because it suits their narrow worldview to believe it.

• Of course men are more attracted to 25 year old females who are in their reproductive prime. Most woman in their 50s have gone through the menopause and can no longer have children.

It's basic biology.

There's no need to get butt hurt about it.

• anewme wrote: »
    Just picked up the Sunday World and the centre is a feature on fifty something women.

Halle Berry
    Liz Hurley
    Jennifer Aniston
    Cindy Crawford
    Selma Hayes

And of course

Elle McPherson

Our Author who cbjects to women over fifty would not stand a snowballs chance in hell with any one of these ladies.

These woman still look great but they were better when they were 25.

Jennifer Aniston was out of this world in the first 2 series of friends.

Liz Hurley was sensational in Austin Powers 1.

These woman are still very good looking but they were better looking in their prime

This started out with a man saying younger women are more attractive that older women , this hurt the feelings of delusional modern feminists, and thats what the entire discussion boils down to, the delusion of modern feminists.
    Im all for feminism, you will find most men are, but modern feminism is pure hate filled lunacy, today women are told to grow balls and men are told to be ashamed of theirs, the results are misery for members of both sexes who have being indoctrinated into this madness.
    No end of laws against discrimination, men and women are both paid the same for the same job, what capitalist would hire a man to do a job if he could get a woman to do the same job for less? Thats a question no modern feminist will answer, or even acknowledge.
    Are men and women different? No if your a feminist, but sensible people know better,who here wants to be in a burning building with 2 broken legs, a female fire fighter weighing 60kg won’t be able to throw you over her shoulder and carry you to safety,, but thats the world we live in now.
    Women being pushed and then promoted into jobs that they have zero interest or aptitude for, but its all good according to feminism.
    Well here is my prediction, the world is a dangerous place , the internet has opened the eyes of lots of people to the unjust nature of wars, men have no interest fighting these wars and are not joining the armys of the world in the numbers required, this is true all over the EU,USA worldwide.
    So now they are filling these roles by throwing open the doors to female recruits, brain washed feminists are delighted, so are men who no longer have to risk life and limb.
    The end of modern feminism will come when women are sent to war and die, get mangled in large numbers, women will be all to delighted to go back to the traditional roles of mothers and housewives after they get a real taste of equality and the horrors of war.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »

Regardless you most certainly did not get terms like "loony left PC SJW feminist" and all that type of American bollocks from books. You got it from the same place fat purple haired US college women "feminists" get their nonsense from and that's echo chamber forums, sites, reddit etc that they fall upon and then take as gospel because it suits their narrow worldview to believe it.

you need to broaden your horizons, a very small world view you have, the world existed long before the internet forum
    might have been thatcher in 80's who first mentioned looney left, i do know it a an old expression.
    PC as we both know goes back to russian revolution, 100 years ago.
    SJW as far as i know is only 2-3 years old, read about it first on the guardian web site.(left leaning site)
    Feminism as we know it is from 60's.
    So as you can see "loony left PC SJW feminist" they all come from a failed ideology, left,socalist,communist, and as anyone who has half a brain in there head and is not a brain washed lefty loon will know is responsible for more pain, suffering and death Than any other ideology including Nazi.
    Time yet again will prove the lefty loons and their ideology wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

This started out with a man saying younger women are more attractive that older women
    No. This started out with a 50 yo man stating he's INCAPABABLE OF LOVING a woman of 50.

you need to broaden your horizons, a very small world view you have, the world existed long before the internet forum
    might have been thatcher in 80's who first mentioned looney left, i do know it a an old expression.
    It's "loony", unless you're a Yank.
    Jesus... No it does not.
    SJW as far as i know is only 2-3 years old, read about it first on the guardian web site.(left leaning site)
    Try more like twenty.
    Feminism as we know it today is more rooted in the 90's "third wave" stuff.
    So as you can see "loony left PC SJW feminist" they all come from a failed ideology, left,socalist,communist, and as anyone who has half a brain in there head and is not a brain washed lefty loon will know is responsible for more pain, suffering and death Than any other ideology including Nazi.
    Good fucking christ. You lump socialism the Left and Commies together? You are a polarised American. Or at least a damned good imitation of one. That's as retarded as lumping in conservatives with fascists. Then again said "loony left" do indeed suggest that. That "politics" of yours and the extreme left's are two cheeks of the same bloody rancid arse.

But let's imagine you're Irish born and bred. Were you educated privately or did you go to a national school? Did your parents receive children allowance? Did you get vaccinated as a kid? Have you or members of your family ever needed any social welfare payments? Medical card, public health and so forth? I hate to break it to you, but all those are socialist :eek: notions. Or are you one of those that thinks "I am John Galt" and buys into the other imported monumental nonsense of libertarianism?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Jaysus. I don't think you have even an ounce of self awareness, do you?

Comedy gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Like "harpies"?

a word I haven't used in this thread.

Statistically women typically end up with men a good few years older?

Yes. Yes they do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_disparity_in_sexual_relationships

''Relationships with age disparity of all kinds have been observed with both men and women as the older or younger partner. In various cultures, older men and younger women often seek one another for sexual or marital relationships.[4] Older women sometimes date younger men as well,''

52.7% of (straight) couples have a man at least 2-3 years older than the woman.
    Surely when you think of all the couples that you know, most of them are the same age?

No, thats not so. I generally don't know the ages. Its considered rude to ask a lady her age ... for some mysterious reason totally unrelated to fertility.
    Not a man though.
    That's not to say that there aren't couples like you describe, but most people end up with a person their own age.

no they don't.

Also, are there examples of women here saying that it's wrong for men to be attracted to younger women or denying that it's a reality?

i don't know, i haven't been closely following the thread. you tell me.
    Because all I'm seeing are women taking issue with the insults being thrown out (and what's unreasonable about that?) which isn't the same thing.

I haven't insulted anyone, so I don't know why you're telling/quoting me.
    Some women have given more information about themselves but there is no evidence that they're all single, childless, middle-aged, feminist, single late in life because they chose it due to feminism,

riiiiight. ok. you know me and certain other commenters on here are not one single entity. by telling me these things it doesn't get transferred to them.
    just because technically I'm in some way on their ''side''.

if you've got a problem with the trolls tell it to them.
    Women here are saying though that middle-aged men are rarely attractive to women in their 20s/early 30s, which is correct - not denial.

You'll also find few women in their 20's/early 30's who are attracted to guys in their late teens/ early 20's.

That changes for the reverse case of course.
    Young guys are almost certainly attracted to women in their 20's ...or their 30's .... or their 40's under certain conditions.

And they're saying women in their 30s are still well able to get a man - again, this is not a false statement.

didn't say it was. but you will find that as she gets deeper into those 30's the propensity for the same man to start noticing all those 20 somethings starts to increase exponentially.
    And these relationships don't all end with the man moving on to a much younger woman (which should be the logical outcome going by what some are saying).
    Kind of happens on occasion though. Its more likely that a middle age man will cheat with a 20 something girl, than a middle aged woman with a 20 something young man.

Not saying it doesn't happen, but the rates will be higher for men with younger women. Female cheating would probably be more relationship based. Someone with potential as a relationship. Men, its just frivolous sex.

If the question 'Care for an 18 year old tonight' was asked to a middle aged man and a middle aged women.
    Well, we both know which gender will score highest.
    But I don't think anyone is denying or saying it's wrong of men to be more attracted to much younger women.

good, cause thats how men are wired on the instinctive level. if its young and fresh then no worries. the more the better.

• Advertisement

Greencap, are you seriously arguing that 2-3 years is "a good few years older"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

This started out with a man saying younger women are more attractive that older women , this hurt the feelings of delusional modern feminists, and thats what the entire discussion boils down to, the delusion of modern feminists.

No that's not what happened. Women posting here accept that men find younger women attractive. We don't care ffs. What we took issue with is older women being labelled "aul bags" "battle axes" "harpies" and "nagging aul wans" to name but a few of the terms thrown out there. If pointing out that these terms indicate that the person using them has a derogatory view of women makes you a "modern feminist" then so be it. Like Zorya, I'm definitely not one of those but whatever.

Also, It's been pointed out many times that we aren't in fact lonely old spinsters who wasted our prime being ball busting feminazis but you simply refuse to hear it. And you talk about delusional. Look in the mirror mate.

Greencap, are you seriously arguing that 2-3 years is "a good few years older"?

Best stats I could find with a quick search.

At least we can finally agree that in general women go for men older than themselves.

And men go for women younger than themselves.

I'll drag you into reality yet. One step at a time.

Through the cries of bitterness and woman hater.

greencap wrote: »
    Best stats I could find with a quick search.

At least we can finally agree that in general women go for men older than themselves.

And men go for women younger than themselves.

I'll drag you into reality yet. One step at a time.

Through the cries of bitterness and woman hater.

You're being pedantic, Gimme A Pound was not referring to small age gaps such as 2-3 years. It's not that common for women in their twenties to date middle aged men.

And hey, best to avoid use of the term "Post wall woman" and posting elaborate fantasies of gleeful revenge on the girls who rejected you as a teen if you don't want to be seen as a woman hater

You're being pedantic, Gimme A Pound was not referring to small age gaps such as 2-3 years. It's not that common for women in their twenties to date middle aged men.

And hey, best to avoid use of the term "Post wall woman" and posting elaborate fantasies of gleeful revenge on the girls who rejected you as a teen if you don't want to be seen as a woman hater

Thats not an uncommon term nowadays, given context,.

Rejection was not a big part of my life.
    I haven't posted any elaborate fantasy.

Women do age like milk. Men do age like wine.

Young women do get a lot of social power, just for being.

Young men do not get any free boost of social power whatsoever.

And the eventual turning of the tables will always be satisfying to me.

Its a beautiful thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Thats not an uncommon term nowadays, given context,.

Rejection was not a big part of my life.
    I haven't posted any elaborate fantasy.

Young women do get a lot of social power, just for being.

Young men do not get any free boost of social power whatsoever.

And the eventual turning of the tables will always be satisfying to me.

Its a beautiful thing.

You can't fight mother nature, young women have it good in the early days good looks, zero effort/risk put into the initial stages of dating, but it's shortlived

You can't fight mother nature, young women have it good in the early days good looks, zero effort/risk put into the initial stages of dating, but it's shortlived

BILL COLLECTORS AT MY DOOR!!

I have heard that as a saying quite a bit. My eyes honestly don't find the evidence for it.

All of us age, men and women, if we are lucky. I find there are a lot of very nice looking people, men and women, at all ages. Even quite old ones.

I don't find many men are more attractive in their 60s say, that many women in their 60s. Both look older, some look like they have weathered badly but increasingly more look like they are doing just fine.
    Sure people may have more wrinkles as they grow older, but they can often be very attractive. If someone is reasonably fit, keeps an eye on their weight, and is lucky enough to be healthy and minds their teeth (mind your teeth, kids!) they can look really lovely.
    People are minding themselves much more. This aging like milk thing is quite mean. And untrue. Just because you don't want to have sex with them doesn't mean they are not attractive. Beauty is in the eye that beholds.

I have heard that as a saying quite a bit. My eyes honestly don't find the evidence for it.

All of us age, men and women, if we are lucky. I find there are a lot of very nice looking people, men and women, at all ages. Even quite old ones.

I don't find many men are more attractive in their 60s say, that many women in their 60s. Both look older, some look like they have weathered badly but increasingly more look like they are doing just fine.
    Sure people may have more wrinkles as they grow older, but they can often be very attractive. If someone is reasonably fit, keeps an eye on their weight, and is lucky enough to be healthy and minds their teeth (mind your teeth, kids!) they can look really lovely.
    People are minding themselves much more. This aging like milk thing is quite mean. And untrue. Just because you don't want to have sex with them doesn't mean they are not attractive. Beauty is in the eye that beholds.

The saying is not strictly about looks only.

I don't see evidence for this ''souring'' in personalities either. Sure, in individuals, male or female, there can be sourness, but not noticeably more in either sex. There are a heck of a lot of lovely people of all ages out there. Not infrequently one would be humbled by the goodness and courage of people.

• Advertisement

I don't see evidence for this ''souring'' in personalities either. Sure, in individuals, male or female, there can be sourness, but not noticeably more in either sex. There are a heck of a lot of lovely people of all ages out there. Not infrequently one would be humbled by the goodness and courage of people.

Nor is it strictly just about personality either.

He's talking about stuff like status and money as obviously that's what ALL women care about...

He's talking about stuff like status and money as obviously that's what ALL women care about...

does it not help?

a word I haven't used in this thread.

Yes. Yes they do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_disparity_in_sexual_relationships

''Relationships with age disparity of all kinds have been observed with both men and women as the older or younger partner. In various cultures, older men and younger women often seek one another for sexual or marital relationships.[4] Older women sometimes date younger men as well,''

52.7% of (straight) couples have a man at least 2-3 years older than the woman.

No, thats not so. I generally don't know the ages. Its considered rude to ask a lady her age ... for some mysterious reason totally unrelated to fertility.
    Not a man though.

no they don't.

i don't know, i haven't been closely following the thread. you tell me.

I haven't insulted anyone, so I don't know why you're telling/quoting me.

riiiiight. ok. you know me and certain other commenters on here are not one single entity. by telling me these things it doesn't get transferred to them.
    just because technically I'm in some way on their ''side''.

if you've got a problem with the trolls tell it to them.

You'll also find few women in their 20's/early 30's who are attracted to guys in their late teens/ early 20's.

That changes for the reverse case of course.
    Young guys are almost certainly attracted to women in their 20's ...or their 30's .... or their 40's under certain conditions.

didn't say it was. but you will find that as she gets deeper into those 30's the propensity for the same man to start noticing all those 20 somethings starts to increase exponentially.

Kind of happens on occasion though. Its more likely that a middle age man will cheat with a 20 something girl, than a middle aged woman with a 20 something young man.

Not saying it doesn't happen, but the rates will be higher for men with younger women. Female cheating would probably be more relationship based. Someone with potential as a relationship. Men, its just frivolous sex.

If the question 'Care for an 18 year old tonight' was asked to a middle aged man and a middle aged women.
    Well, we both know which gender will score highest.

good, cause thats how men are wired on the instinctive level. if its young and fresh then no worries. the more the better.
    I thought that you might come back with "a bit older" examples in response to my refuting that most women are with men "a good few years older", which means significantly older. A 32/33-year-old is not a good bit older than a 30-year-old. So as I said, most women don't end up with men a good few years older. People do of course know the age difference between couples who are friends of theirs/relatives - and it's usually around the same age rather than a good few years older.

I didn't say you said the things you're assuming I'm accusing you of saying. I meant the thread in general.

If you didn't experience rejection, why is it so satisfying and beautiful to you when women's looks fade?

Of course men are more attracted to 25 year old females who are in their reproductive prime. Most woman in their 50s have gone through the menopause and can no longer have children.

It's basic biology.

There's no need to get butt hurt about it.
    Despite what's being pretended, nobody is denying that.

Im all for feminism, you will find most men are, but modern feminism is pure hate filled lunacy, today women are told to grow balls and men are told to be ashamed of theirs, the results are misery for members of both sexes who have being indoctrinated into this madness.
    No end of laws against discrimination, men and women are both paid the same for the same job, what capitalist would hire a man to do a job if he could get a woman to do the same job for less? Thats a question no modern feminist will answer, or even acknowledge.
    Are men and women different? No if your a feminist, but sensible people know better,who here wants to be in a burning building with 2 broken legs, a female fire fighter weighing 60kg won’t be able to throw you over her shoulder and carry you to safety,, but thats the world we live in now.
    Women being pushed and then promoted into jobs that they have zero interest or aptitude for, but its all good according to feminism.
    Well here is my prediction, the world is a dangerous place , the internet has opened the eyes of lots of people to the unjust nature of wars, men have no interest fighting these wars and are not joining the armys of the world in the numbers required, this is true all over the EU,USA worldwide.
    So now they are filling these roles by throwing open the doors to female recruits, brain washed feminists are delighted, so are men who no longer have to risk life and limb.
    The end of modern feminism will come when women are sent to war and die, get mangled in large numbers, women will be all to delighted to go back to the traditional roles of mothers and housewives after they get a real taste of equality and the horrors of war.
    What relevance does the above (which I don't think anyone disputed) have to women just objecting to insults here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    No that's not what happened. Women posting here accept that men find younger women attractive. We don't care ffs. What we took issue with is older women being labelled "aul bags" "battle axes" "harpies" and "nagging aul wans" to name but a few of the terms thrown out there. If pointing out that these terms indicate that the person using them has a derogatory view of women makes you a "modern feminist" then so be it. Like Zorya, I'm definitely not one of those but whatever.

Also, It's been pointed out many times that we aren't in fact lonely old spinsters who wasted our prime being ball busting feminazis but you simply refuse to hear it. And you talk about delusional. Look in the mirror mate.

....and the men in the thread have been called misogynists, alt-right, incels, etc etc. But sure that's grand....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

but important things first: how are we with the libido at older age ?

does it not help?

Money or status doesn't compensate for no chemistry/spark. Or someone who doesn't make you laugh. Or someone with sh*t taste in music and films

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭anewme

It's pretty obvious to see who the "sour" personalities are on this thread.

Advertisement