Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord Mayor of Dublin harassed at her home by protesters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

Oh, ok you genuinely didn't understand my post... my bad. I'll explain it for you: you said "What she means is that [...]" and I said, essentially, thanks for telling us what she secretly meant, to which you replied (for some unknown reason) "what did anyone at the protest "literally say" that was racist?"

So you can see my thought process that you didn't fully read my post, given your reply made no sense in the context of the entire conversation right?

Still makes no sense.

Try actually saying something, rather than alluding to it. That way, others can respond, and agree or disagree with your position.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wow, thank god you're here to decode the secret context of what people are actually saying as opposed to what they are literally saying. PHEW!
    I think it would help if you linked and quoted the protesters saying racist things to Ms Chu.
    So far we only have a protester saying they'd get her on camera while she was shape-shifting, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

biko wrote: »
    I think it would help if you linked and quoted the protesters saying racist things to Ms Chu.
    So far we only have a protester saying they'd get her on camera while she was shape-shifting, that's all.
    I think you might have quoted the wrong post there.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

RandRuns and FreudianSlippers - cut out the sniping and bickering, or dont post in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

https://twitter.com/hazechu/status/1353486604640399360?s=21

Reporting for what exactly? These tweets don’t breach Twitters Terms and Conditions nor do they threaten, incite against anyone. She reporting them to the same Garda Síochána that are racist murderers according to her.

What do you think she is reporting them for? There is a tweet referencing sexual abuse of her daughter.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

What do you think she is reporting them for? There is a tweet referencing sexual abuse of her daughter.
    The words "she should be more worried about her daughter getting wanked on" is not suggesting it should happen.

It is a despicable tweet though and maybe the Twitter team will remove, or not. They are a private enterprise can do what they like.

Edit again, she reported it to Gardai too.
    twitter.com/hazechu/status/1353489835743444992?s=20

The words "she should be more worried about her daughter getting wanked on" is not suggesting it should happen.

It is a despicable tweet though and maybe the Twitter team will remove, or not. They are a private enterprise can do what they like.
    What is it suggesting then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

RandRuns wrote: »
    In what way did they get out of hand? My understanding from reading the media stories is that someone tried to shake her hand - hardly the Portland riots, was it?

I'd imagine your understanding is rather skewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

Effects wrote: »
    I'd imagine your understanding is rather skewed.

You would.

Tell us in what way it got out of hand then?

Is there any footage of the altercation? Isn't there usually a load of people with their phones out at these things?

• Advertisement

RandRuns wrote: »
    In what way did they get out of hand? My understanding from reading the media stories is that someone tried to shake her hand
    Yes, this is correct, but she said she would not shake hands as there is a pandemic.

Is there any footage of the altercation? Isn't there usually a load of people with their phones out at these things?
    Ask Freudian, he is the one claiming protestors said racist things. I'm sure that is based on actual evidence and not just guesses.

Edit again, she reported it to Gardai too.
    twitter.com/hazechu/status/1353489835743444992?s=20

Nasty tweet indeed. Absolutely see no reason to report it to the police though. Bizarre.

Ask Freudian, he is the one claiming protestors said racist things. I'm sure that is based on actual evidence and not just guesses.
    Ok biko, go find me one post where I said that then. Go on...

Wow, thank god you're here to decode the secret context of what people are actually saying as opposed to what they are literally saying. PHEW!
    Doesn't "literally saying" mean they said something racist at the protest?

If not then I mistook your post, and we still have zero evidence something racist happened at the Mansion House protest.

Nasty tweet indeed. Absolutely see no reason to report it to the police though. Bizarre.
    It is a bit odd, but she is after all Lord Mayor. I suppose it's protocol to have any abuse against council members logged.

Doesn't "literally saying" mean they said something racist at the protest?

If not then I mistook your post, and we still have zero evidence something racist happened at the Mansion House protest.

You might have missed this.
    Oh, ok you genuinely didn't understand my post... my bad. I'll explain it for you: you said "What she means is that [...]" and I said, essentially, thanks for telling us what she secretly meant, to which you replied (for some unknown reason) "what did anyone at the protest "literally say" that was racist?"

So you can see my thought process that you didn't fully read my post, given your reply made no sense in the context of the entire conversation right?

I do note you haven't provided any post where I "claim[ed] protestors said racist things"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Lizard People/Draconians/Dragons/Reptilians, are all terms that are used interchangeably for the same conspiracy theory, but the camera bit makes it clear what he means regardless.

It sounds like a joke, it's not, people believing that ****e have done serious harm, and there’s a less-than-coincidental overlap between people who get targetted by this particular loolah subset and people who are not Christian or not white.

Q Anon doesn't centre on this stuff as such, because once you dig into it every Q Anon faction has a different explanation of what's "really" happening, but this one in particular comes up in relation to weird lone wolf types of a sort I'd be more concerned about in Ireland than the kind of organised, militarised groups in the US.

The "lizard people" angle is also heavily involved with the 5G stuff. You'll recall somebody tried to burn down two masts in Donegal last year on the back of that, and the Nashville bomber - also obsessed with lizard people - is thought to have intended his bomb to sabotage 5G facilities. This isn't something that always stays safely online, as amusingly nuts as it sounds.

A quick check of the specific term "dragon" & "camera" against QAnon. Yields feck all squared.

We don't even know it was QAnon who turned up or that comment was simply someone apparently making it up as they went along. The main issue being pushed was an apparent anti mask agenda.

As for the 'targeting'. With regard to the protest in question - nothing of relevance was doing until Ms Chu decided to exit the building to have a chat with an attending gardaí knowing the protest was ongoing. The interaction between her and the protesters which followed seems to have been mainly predicated on mask wearing

Yet according to the absence of 'vile racist abuse' detailed in the headlines - We have Ms Chu claiming
    "You do have to have a reason why you're there protesting.
    "It can't be just because they don't like the look of me because I can't change that."

I somehow doubt that was in reference to the alleged 'dragon' comment tbh.

Thing is - there's been protests outside the Mansion House during the residency of various of Lord Mayors over the years. There certainly seem to be some legitimate and some oddball protests from time to time.

It would seem more like playing to the crowd tbh.

gozunda wrote: »
    There's been protests outside the Mansion House during the residency of various of Lord Mayors over the years. There certainly seem to be some legitimate and some oddball protests from time to time.

All protests always seem to attract smaller, more extreme people, using the main protest to try and bolster their attendance.
    If talk of lizard people was happening at this protest, it sounds like it was a smaller separate group, with deluded ideas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

o I don't know id like to see the person who sent that explain it to the police

• Advertisement

Tbh, that "shape-shifter" protester is way wrong. The lizard people only take powerful people like the English Queen, George W. Bush, the Clintons, and Bob Hope.
    They wouldn't bother with a strictly ceremonial role in a backwater town like Dublin.

mynamejeff wrote: »

Why? There is nothing criminal or investigation worthy in the crass post. It would be a waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

mynamejeff wrote: »

Chu is very pro-immigrant, and anti-deportation. It was in relation to a sexual assault by an asylum seeker that happened on the Luas that went through the courts last week. He got 2 years in prison for it, with 15 months suspended, so he'll do 3 months.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/criminal-court/man-who-sexually-assaulted-woman-on-luas-tram-is-jailed-1.4462379

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

All protests always seem to attract smaller, more extreme people, using the main protest to try and bolster their attendance.
    If talk of lizard people was happening at this protest, it sounds like it was a smaller separate group, with deluded ideas.

Yup don't doubt that protests atteact all sorts. Except in this case we have a single alleged reference to Ms Chu turning into a dragon which seems to be enough to spawn an entire conspiracy angle which has grown a considerable number of legs and evolved into "vile racist abuse"

However none of that seems to stand up to any scrutiny. As for the wildly inaccurate media reports - the best that can be said that paper does not refuse ink.

It doesnt matter what the suggestion is. Its referencing sexual abuse of her daughter.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Its actually bizarre that people would suggest it isnt serious enough to report to Gardai.

Terry Pratchet

It doesnt matter what the suggestion is. Its referencing sexual abuse of her daughter.

It seems like it's suggesting an easy way of getting away with disgusting threats or comments. Rather than saying the disgusting comment, just say someone should be worried about the disgusting comment.

Its actually bizarre that people would suggest it isnt serious enough to report to Gardai.

Ok let's see how this plays out.

I want to report somebody saying that, because I hold a very public opinion that illegal immigrants should not be deported, a man says I should be concerned that an immigrant in the future may mastubate on my daughter. He also posted a hashtag about an immigrant who was convicted of doing the same thing last week.

There was no threat, there was nothing at all the police could do. It's not a tweet I would write and I don't agree with it.

What do you suggest the police should do to the man?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Its not illegal to be a dickhead.

• Advertisement

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Its not illegal to be a dickhead.

Thankfully

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement