Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Its no bargain but I thought this deserved to be seen.

:eek:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mercedes-w123-280ce/8946026?offset=22

No price on the ad. but I really like it. Set of Mexican Hats and original steering wheel a d you would be back to original looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭hi5

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    No price on the ad. but I really like it. Set of Mexican Hats and original steering wheel a d you would be back to original looks.

€11000 ODD.
    http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C616587

I like the look:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭oceanman

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    no price on the add usually means don't even ask!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

hi5 wrote: »
    Is this not a bit too cheap?
    €7700

Same number in this ad, also cheap:

large_14327730802103369237.jpg

I doubt its in Mountmellick. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭w124man

Its one of those scams. The ad is down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Blue850 wrote: »

I had a 19 16v ( one of many renault I owned ).
    It was a really cracking car.
    Funny thing, the day I got it I lost the back of it ( 2 different tyre threads ) while showing off to my girlfriend. She broke up with me later that night ( not sure its related ).
    Then on the day I sold it my new girlfriend broke up with me over the dinner I was spending the cash on !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭kyote00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

A neighbour of mine had a phase 1 16v when I was a teen, that was about as exotic as things got in Wexford in the early 90's, always loved it and would consider one now if one turned up but not really interested in the phase 2.
    Incidentally a 19 supervan was my first motor so I do have a strong draw to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

I always liked these, Austin McHale used to rally one back in the day, the rear window would usually collapse in on them at some point in the race. I remeber one of them was used in an armed robbery and the Guards near us caught them, we used to go down and stare at it every day until the Special Branch picked it up and took it off to the big schmoke. It had a slight whiff of evil off of it.

Correct reg plates are a nice bonus and would actually inspire a bit more confidence in me if I went to look at it.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/opel-monza/9574578?offset=10

42438031.jpeg

I was never very fond of the saloon version of these, but its rare, well priced and pre-87 number is nice, (but if it had the original reg plate design it would just be a touch nicer.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/opel-kadett-1-owner-irish-car-/9691551?offset=14

42997735.jpeg

EDIT: NCT cert is dated 2012, so it may need a bot of work, but they're easy to work on and parts are cheap online.

Red Kev wrote: »
    I always liked these, Austin McHale used to rally one back in the day, the rear window would usually collapse in on them at some point in the race.

I remember it. People were amazed that he could get that barge down the bohereens at all. I think there were dark mutterings that the tailgate issue was a deliberate attempt to lighten the car 'unofficially' :)

Scan576.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Red Kev wrote: »
    I always liked these, Austin McHale used to rally one back in the day, the rear window would usually collapse in on them at some point in the race

It was more a case that the rear hatch would be removed at service and conviently forgotton when it came to putting it back on. Weighed an absolute ton on the back of the car. Think Austin only used it only in a handfull of rallies (Mabye one COI and 3/4 other rallies I think) and a fella found the original car abandoned in a barn after a fire and has started restoring it to its's former glory

PICT0400.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Wasn't that Astra for salecearlierbin the year for about €600?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I actually know the guy selling the Kadett. Got the Wolseley from him, very nice chap and has a nice collection.

I know the previous owner of that Monza too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭68deville

The late Frank O Rourke originally had that monza as a Trackcar,had a swindon
    Tuned race engine,the family are still the Opel dealers in Wexford

68deville wrote: »
    The late Frank O Rourke originally had that monza as a Trackcar,had a swindon
    Tuned race engine,the family are still the Opel dealers in Wexford

Aye thats the car alright. Went to the UK and turned back into a rally car. Still had the Swindon engine when it was found above. Massive thread with plenty of info on RallyForums.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

kyote00 wrote: »

C'mon now, we can't skip this beauty: :eek:

MzExOTJlOGNhZWE0MzNmNTUyYmRjYjkwOWE2NzZkNWGkjCNjQh8q00gnpHpss3CcaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZDcyYjUyYTc4YWY5YjgzODY5Zjg0MmZmZjk4YWFmODI3NzJmYTM5MTQ3MDdjYTVhYmFmYmQwOTM4OTM0ZTYwOS5qcGd8fHx8fHw3MDB4NDIwfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

:rolleyes:

^^ Somebody please banger race it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭kyote00

SO-'Not'-CAL
    mb1725 wrote: »
    C'mon now, we can't skip this beauty: :eek:

MzExOTJlOGNhZWE0MzNmNTUyYmRjYjkwOWE2NzZkNWGkjCNjQh8q00gnpHpss3CcaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZDcyYjUyYTc4YWY5YjgzODY5Zjg0MmZmZjk4YWFmODI3NzJmYTM5MTQ3MDdjYTVhYmFmYmQwOTM4OTM0ZTYwOS5qcGd8fHx8fHw3MDB4NDIwfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Wonder what the story is with this, 1987 Cortina.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/vintage-car/9707438?offset=8

Ring him, and report back! :D

DakarVert wrote: »
    Wonder what the story is with this, 1987 Cortina.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/vintage-car/9707438?offset=8

It's a bit late alright, perhaps it lay unsold in a dealership for a few years.

I'd like a bit of whatever this guy is smoking.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/bmw-e30-316/9724685?offset=1

CianDon wrote: »

Never underestimate the attraction of 'Da Chape Tax" in Ireland. :)

Wildly optimistic, crack-smoking price aside, it looks tidy enough. But the problem with those e30's is that the worst lies well hidden.

Nice interior as well. Haven't seen leather in too many of the early ones.

edit: NCT shows last cert in 2002!!

Never underestimate the attraction of 'Da Chape Tax" in Ireland. :)

Wildly optimistic, crack-smoking price aside, it looks tidy enough. But the problem with those e30's is that the worst lies well hidden.

Nice interior as well. Haven't seen leather in too many of the early ones.

edit: NCT shows last cert in 2002!!

Think of all the things that go against the car and the price just gets madder and madder. Off the road 13 years, 'unfinished project', its a 316, Auto, bubbling on the boot, no mention of the typical E30 issue spots.

Should be aiming for the same price he has the other BMW advertised at.

sugarman wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-leone/9310921?offset=3

Not sure if original Irish as its not stated, but havent seen one of these in YEARS and this one looks fairly spotless.

Something about it I like.

I doubt it's original Irish, I can't remember seeing a coupe one before.
    Where they even sold here?
    Love it regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I doubt it's original Irish, I can't remember seeing a coupe one before.
    Where they even sold here?
    Love it regardless.

I remember them, I don't even think they were that rare.
    Subaru engineer some great motors, but they really need to fire the styling dept don't they.

Advertisement