Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Had a quick go at putting together a team without the premium back 6

LLoris (McGovern)
    Coleman-Reid-Boly-Bednerak-Christensen
    Zaha-Siggy-Salah-KdB-Perez
    Giroud-Auba-Xande Silva

I think I prefer the heavy hitting defence team

Listening to FFS they made the point that prior to last season only once had a team kept 20 clean sheets in a season, last year both Liverpool and City did it. Is it realistic that they would do it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Very tough this year, and likely loads of changes prior to it starting but first draft is

Ederson - Button

Robertson - Adam Smith - Vertonghan - Coleman - M.Kelly

Siggy - Salah - KDB - Maddison - Zaha

Jota - Rashers - Greenwood

Few nice jumping off points from the midfield/forwards for any required upgrades

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

First go at this, think the prices make it very hard this season!

Heaton
    Digne Tarkowski Van Dijk TAA
    Salah Sigurdsson Tielemans
    Rashford King Vardy

Subs: Button Milivojevic Dendoncker Cathcart

Not really looking past the first couple of matches, initially I don't like 2 Leicester plus not sure I want to have Milivojevic on the bench, very expensive for 7 million. Just going to play Heaton for the start of the season. Not convinced by Sigurdsson either. Obviously no City is a problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Damien360

final draft (5)

Ryan (Button)
    WanBiss Robertson VVD (simpson kelly)
    Salah Dendonker Sterling Fraser Hayden
    Augero King (Long)

Of that I'm happy with GK and DEF. WanBiss will benefit from DDG so I dont think Utd will leak too many goals. TAA would be better than VVD but he is 0.5m more.

Mostly happy with MID although Hayden not so happy as truthfully I nothing about him
    Very happy with FW line

Of the subs, neither are decent and mostly unlikely to play. I didnt use subs last year. I think I have a decent spread of points.

Any thoughts

Nice to see something a little different in those last two teams posted.

• Advertisement

Nice to see something a little different in those last two teams posted.

I’d agree, couldn’t see a lot wrong with either. Tielemans it probably depends on where he plays or even who else is playing, Perez and Madison could both be further forward. His over preformed on his stats last year, maybe he’s just someone who does that or maybe he’ll come back towards them

Tweaked my team this morning after listening to some podcast. They made a good point about a C for GW 2. This team should be looked at with the perspective that I’d intend to bring in KDB and a 7m forward for GW3, obviously lots could go wrong to stop that plan but it’s still the plan

Lloris (McGovern)
    TAA- Robbo- Laporte- Walker- Coleman
    Zaha- Siggy - Salah-Fraser-(-Dendoncker)
    Lacazzette-(Long-Xande Silva)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

I see alot of people going with TAA over Robertson this year . Which do you guys think is the better choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    I see alot of people going with TAA over Robertson this year . Which do you guys think is the better choice

Really not much in it. I'm sticking with Robertson because I've had him in my team since he played for Hull and I've grown fond of him at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

TAA being on set pieces tips the scale for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

TAA seems slightly better going forward, and on set pieces.

On the other hand, I'd say Robertson is slightly more nailed on. Risk Gomez may get some time at rb.

Currently I have both :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭supasoumi99

Very first rough draft without too much research - feedback welcome!

Ederson (Button)
    VVD, TAA, Evans, Coleman (Kelly)
    Salah, Sterling, Siggy, Brooks (Dendonker)
    King, Jimi (Greenwood)

Tempted to downgrade midfield slightly to upgrade elsewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Very first rough draft without too much research - feedback welcome!

Ederson (Button)
    VVD, TAA, Evans, Coleman (Kelly)
    Salah, Sterling, Siggy, Brooks (Dendonker)
    King, Jimi (Greenwood)

Tempted to downgrade midfield slightly to upgrade elsewhere...

I'd downgrade Evans to 4.5, Jimmi to Wilson and King to another 6.5, maybe Jota.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

Ryan/Button
    AWB, VVD, Digne, Robertson, Laporte
    Salah, Zaha, Sterling, (Stephens, Hayden)
    Rashford, King, (Greenwood)

No Aguero or Kane frightens me a little bit. Happy with defense and midfield as there is potential for a lot of attacking points from them. Up top could blow hot or cold any given week.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

This is what I'm going with . Open to suggestions for my 4.5m keeper . I'm counting on dunk joining Leicester. I think Salah and Sterling are essential. They will probably outscore all the strikers despite being midfielders. With more limited room for strikers there's value to be had in the 6.5m to 9.0m range . King Wilson Jiminez Jota and Vardy are all good options. Thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

This is what I'm going with . Open to suggestions for my 4.5m keeper . I'm counting on dunk joining Leicester. I think Salah and Sterling are essential. They will probably outscore all the strikers despite being midfielders. With more limited room for strikers there's value to be had in the 6.5m to 9.0m range . King Wilson Jiminez Jota and Vardy are all good options. Thoughts

Nice team even if bench is a bit light
    I’m warming to a salah sterling midfield too
    When I see a team like that it certainly is good for though
    Wolves fixtures are STINK too
    I might go with a very similar team but a cheaper mid than Fraser , king instead of Jota and Vardy instead of Wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Ideally I will have both TAA and Robertson, I just have Van Dijk because the extra 0.5 million it gives me. Not set in stone at all, love Robertson as a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Heaton

Laporte Digne TAA

Pérez Bilva Sterling Salah

Deulofeu Wood Jota

Bench: Button Kelly Hayden Cathcart

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

First draft:

McCarthy/Heaton

AWB/Digne/Robertson/Foyth/Angelino

Salah/Sterling/Fornals/Tielmens/Dendocker

Wilson/Jota/Greenwood

Going with the approach that the defence should score heavy, and have a hunch that Angelino and Foyth will get good game-time. Greenwod is the great unknown quantity early on, but Fornals is meant to be class, although will be benched in GW1 as they play City.

Was contemplating upgrading Angelino to Mendy and upgrading to Rashford but Wilson seems to have a potentially nice start.

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    does anyone want to debate this other than me.

Here's my stab

Alonso was one of the better starters last year and one of the more creative. His attacking was curtailed because Hazard was given licenses to roam the left and Alonso was restricted to going forward. As one of the better attacking wingbacks, and having been stifled by an italian defensive mindset, I'd imagine Frank is going to go back to an attacking mentality.

Just coming back to this after listening to the latest FFS podcast.

A few interesting things, Lampard could play Dave in centre back which could allow Zappacosta to play wing back, hes 4.5. They seemed to think the other side was between Alonso and Emerson. Either way they seemed to think wingbacks would do well in this Chelsea team.

They also pointed out the consistency of Dave, 4.4pts/game over the last three seasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ederson
    TAA VVD Robertson Digne Walker
    Perez Sterling Siggy
    Auba Deulofeu

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

First draft:

McCarthy/Heaton

AWB/Digne/Robertson/Foyth/Angelino

Salah/Sterling/Fornals/Tielmens/Dendocker

Wilson/Jota/Greenwood

Going with the approach that the defence should score heavy, and have a hunch that Angelino and Foyth will get good game-time. Greenwod is the great unknown quantity early on, but Fornals is meant to be class, although will be benched in GW1 as they play City.

Was contemplating upgrading Angelino to Mendy and upgrading to Rashford but Wilson seems to have a potentially nice start.

Isnt Foyth suspended?

Very poor numbers from Fornals from a returns perspective

• Registered Users Posts: 36,058 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Heaton/Pope Button
    TAA VVD Zinchenko Digne Dunk
    Salah Sterling Moura Siggy Dendoncker
    Deeney King Wickham

I can't see my team being far off this.

4.5 set and forget Fabianski worked well last year. I expect Burnley to be tough at home and get plenty of save points.

TAA. As nailed as Robbo at this stage. Just have playing subs and he'll be gold. On set pieces too.

VVD. Never dropped. Goal threat. I never double teams in defence, but with TAA basically another mid, I've no problem with it.

Zinchenko. Nailed LB for the Champions for the first month now that Mendy is definitely out.

Digne. Unreal attacking potential and Silva seems to have gotten them solid as last season went on.

Dunk. Perfect bench option even though Brighton aren't great.

Salah. No explanation needed. There may have been if Mane wasn't coming back late, but not now.

Sterling. On fire already in pre season. Nailed on for the Champions, and possibly their most important player. Fancy him for the Golden Boot.

Moura. No Son to start. I like one punt in my starting team, and this is it. Hopefully he can start well and keep his place. Easily replaced with Leicester mid if not.

Siggy. Central to what Everton do. Very well priced. Great fixtures.

Dendoncker. Seems like the standout 4.5 midfield fodder.

King. Good option on an attacking team. Bournemouth are frustrating but fun to own when you have their attackers.

Deeney. I think people are sleeping on Watford a bit.

Wickham. 4.5 fodder. Hopefully he gets game time. If I see another 4.5 in pre season that looks nailed, he'll be in.

I wrestled with not including Leicester and they still might make it in. One of my potential moves is Sterling and King/Deeney ----> KDB and Vardy. Tough call.

Happy I think. If I'm missing something, give me a suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

SlickRic wrote: »
    Heaton/Pope Button
    Deeney King Wickham

4.5 set and forget Fabianski worked well last year. I expect Burnley to be tough at home and get plenty of save points.

TAA. As nailed as Robbo at this stage. Just have playing subs and he'll be gold. On set pieces too.

VVD. Never dropped. Goal threat. I never double teams in defence, but with TAA basically another mid, I've no problem with it.

Zinchenko. Nailed LB for the Champions for the first month now that Mendy is definitely out.

Digne. Unreal attacking potential and Silva seems to have gotten them solid as last season went on.

Salah. No explanation needed. There may have been if Mane wasn't coming back late, but not now.

Sterling. On fire already in pre season. Nailed on for the Champions, and possibly their most important player. Fancy him for the Golden Boot.

Moura. No Son to start. I like one punt in my starting team, and this is it. Hopefully he can start well and keep his place. Easily replaced with Leicester mid if not.

King. Good option on an attacking team. Bournemouth are frustrating but fun to own when you have their attackers.

Wickham. 4.5 fodder. Hopefully he gets game time. If I see another 4.5 in pre season that looks nailed, he'll be in.

I wrestled with not including Leicester and they still might make it in. One of my potential moves is Sterling and King/Deeney ----> KDB and Vardy. Tough call.

Great team. I'd consider dropping Wickham for Greenwood as Ole seems to like him a lot. Playing very well in pre-season too. Other than that, can't pick any faults.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

This is very, very similar to what I have at the moment, including having Dunk for now with eye on him moving to Leicester.

My observations from my own team that might be food for thought for you: I hated how awful my bench looked with Rico, Dendoncker and Wickham. You just know the wheels will come off in the first fortnight.

So I've got Dunk, Zaha and Brooks in the places you have Digne, Siggy and Fraser. This meant I could afford a 4.5 backup defender, Lloris as a more premium keeper, and Giroud and Vardy as my two strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Some worried about Zinchenko because of Angelino?

Dunk might end up at another team so could be great value ultimately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is zinc nailed on ? Hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,058 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

dsmythy wrote: »
    Some worried about Zinchenko because of Angelino?

Dunk might end up at another team so could be great value ultimately.

Ultimately we'll know about Zinchenko/Angelino come the Community Shield.

But I can't imagine Zinchenko not staying in pole position after the end of last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭macraignil

SlickRic wrote: »
    Heaton/Pope Button
    Deeney King Wickham

Looks to be a very good team. The one question that sticks out for me is why you pick Deeney over Deulofeu?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

First draft

Heaton

Digne, TAA, Ake

Ricky, Sterling, Perez, KDB

Kane, Origi, King

Subs - Ryan, Jorginho, Duffy, Reid

Origi likely to change unless he looks like starting GW1.

I fancy Kane to rip it up in August. KDB should also be keen to make up for lost time.

Chose Richarlison over Siggy as I think he is more explosive at the start of campaigns

Advertisement