Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home Automation Bargain Alerts thread - No General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ablelocks

3 colour hue bulbs (e22 or e27 or gu10 ) + hub + echo dot = £120 at amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭OU812

Nest smoke detector (battery) & indoor can have dropped in price on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

OU812 wrote: »
    Nest smoke detector (battery) & indoor can have dropped in price on amazon

I ordered the smoke & CO detector the other day, its further reduced now at £84. I'm tempted to buy another indoor camera, £119 is a good price. I have one already and I think they are excellent. The only thing is, you really need a subscription to store the video. 5 day video history is 50 euro a year for one camera, or 75 euro for two cameras.

Amazon France

2 outdoor motion sensors for 86 euro delivered to Ireland. Its part of this promotion:

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/promotion/A392LNFL4SZA10?ref_=plp_pc_dp_imp_A392LNFL4SZA10&refasin=B07BXY12YB

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I know their pricing isn't always the best but Currys PC World have 10% off all smart securiry/CCTV/lighting and heating - ends Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Not sure if it's been posted already but Tesco (in Clare Hall at least) selling Hue dimming kit (1 bulb and 1 dimmer switch) for €25. Usually £25 on amazon at best so seems a good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭deezell

Drayton Wiser smart TRV £39.99 on Amazon

Dixins travel in UK airports currently have

Google Home Hub £99
    Google Home £65
    Google Mini £45

Couldn't see anything in Dixons T2 at Dublin this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Tado deals including TRV's and Thermostat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

the lenova 8 inch smart display is on sale via the following link, i used parcel motel so it may or may not accept my parcel motel address. £180 down to £99.

https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/smart-display/?clickid=2YQ3s%3A3PRxyJRgE0Mrw2-RyDUklw710RNwdzzM0&Program=3766&pid=121977&acid=ww:affiliate:74clty&cid=uk:affiliate:rk5fv4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

flymo robotic lawnmower, this is the lowest price its been since over a year now. No more hardship for me! I hope

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00C70LUQ4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20% off Hue garden and outdoor lighting on Amazon for today only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,211 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

20% off Hue garden and outdoor lighting on Amazon for today only.

cant see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Cyrus wrote: »
    cant see that?

Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,211 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Anyone got a smart outdoor thermometer?

Neatmo seems good from reviews is there anything else ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Cyrus wrote: »
    Anyone got a smart outdoor thermometer?

Neatmo seems good from reviews is there anything else ?

I have the Netatmo weather station linked to my Netatmo thermostat, cannot fault it

Join Ireland Weather Network

I see Harvey Norman have the ring video doorbell at €99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,722 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Woodies ‘appear’ to be selling the Philips Hue GU10 colour bulbs for €29.99.

On closer inspection of the tag though, that price appears to be for the white ambiance GU10, but it’s on the Colour GU10 box.

Anyone looking to pick up a few cheap colour GU10’s who also happens to have the gift of the gab might be able to persuade someone to give the lower price.

TP Link smart plug with energy monitoring is GBP 19.99 on amazon UK at the moment

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GWWRK1C/ref=twister_B07H3CT48Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Good to see Woodies selling Philips hue again, hopefully they will have their pricing right this time, they seem to have a wider colour range this time also.

Arnotts also have a decent hue range, and the prices are ok for some items right now, particularly on the white ambiance twin packs GU10 & B22 both 40.50 euro.

https://www.arnotts.ie/search/?q=philips+hue&lang=en_IE

• Advertisement

Normally get my TP link plugs on Amazon for £20 as above.

For those who prefer bricks and mortar - Argos currently have them for €25

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6254269/Trail/searchtext>TP+LINK+SMART+PLUGS.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Same price but mentions that you're able to monitor power consumption.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8635879/Trail/searchtext%3ESMART+PLUG.htm

Passing through Dublin airport today

Home hub €109 (was 159)
    Minis €32 (was 48)
    Single white hue bulbs €17
    Single colour hue bulbs €46.50
    Chromecast €35
    Colour hue bulb starter kits €169

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Passing through Dublin airport today

Home hub €109 (was 159)
    Minis €32 (was 48)
    Single white hue bulbs €17
    Single colour hue bulbs €46.50
    Chromecast €35
    Colour hue bulb starter kits €169

Do you know where the single bulbs available in B22 and E27?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

THE ALM wrote: »
    I see Harvey Norman have the ring video doorbell at €99

They look to be back up to €199 now for the ring doorbell 2,

Do you know where the single bulbs available in B22 and E27?

Yep had both in stock yesterday (T1)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Setanter

tommycahir wrote: »
    They look to be back up to €199 now for the ring doorbell 2,

Picked up the Ring (720p) for €99 Click & Collect Blanch today.
    The newer 1080 version on shelf at €199

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭captainshamroc

Fire sticks down a tenner on Amazon this morning.
    Regular £30 and the 4k one £40. Normally £40 and £50 respectively.

Deal on some hue outdoor lights and sensor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭jimmy_t

Google wifi, 1 pack €109 save 30 and 3 pack €289 save 70

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I finally got around to buying the gateway so I could use the ikea tradfri bulbs I bought months ago.......turns out you need to buy switches too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭flexcon

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    I finally got around to buying the gateway so I could use the ikea tradfri bulbs I bought months ago.......turns out you need to buy switches too

ah man.

So I have the latest Philips hue bridge with some hue bulbs running.

Does that mean I can use the Philips hue bridge with the Trader bulls but I need to buy the switches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Depending on your setup, could you invest in one of the zigbee packet sniffers instead.
    hardware is listed on the zigbee2mqtt page. a quick google will find it.
    talks to hue, tradfri and many more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Blanchy90 wrote: »

One switch is enough to pair them with the gateway. Them you can move the bulbs into other groups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Hue Play double pack in black down from £120 to £107. Not exactly the bargain of the century but picked up a pair just now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FYDGD7R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_PT37Cb2XVH88W

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Roen wrote: »
    Hue Play double pack in black down from £120 to £107. Not exactly the bargain of the century but picked up a pair just now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FYDGD7R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_PT37Cb2XVH88W

As you said, not the greatest bargain ever but I can definitely recommend the Hue Plays. Have them set up behind the TV and synced to the PC. They work really well and give a great atmosphere during movies.

Teckin smart sockets on a lightning deal - £9.34

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MT622S1/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_nt3-Cb2JRAF0D

Harvey Norman have 10% off Hue, Google home/Nest and other smart home stuff- 5% off Ring.

Instore and online, know they are not the cheapest but for a bricks and mortar store...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/price-error-2-x-sonos-one-gen-2-smart-speaker-set-black-white-10595-delivered-at-amazon-germany-3244821

Two Sonos One (Gen 2) speakers from Amazon.de for €122.35 including delivery direct to Ireland. Delivery is €14 but I think it's free if you use Parcel Motel.

They are £199 each on the UK site.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdamB

TitianGerm wrote: »
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/price-error-2-x-sonos-one-gen-2-smart-speaker-set-black-white-10595-delivered-at-amazon-germany-3244821

Two Sonos One (Gen 2) speakers from Amazon.de for €122.35 including delivery direct to Ireland. Delivery is €14 but I think it's free if you use Parcel Motel.

They are £199 each on the UK site.

Do these speakers have Google Assistant? or are they Alexa?

AdamB wrote: »
    Do these speakers have Google Assistant? or are they Alexa?

Alexa. They're actually only €104 On the Amazon site.
    https://www.amazon.de/Sonos-Smart-Speaker-2-Raum-schwarz/dp/B07RJQMPZ6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Think they might be getting google assistant though?

If you download the Alexa app, you can communicate with Alexa devices remotely using assistant on your Android phone. Works with the Echo spot, so I guess it might work with Sonos if it's using Alexa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

deezell wrote: »
    Alexa. They're actually only €104 On the Amazon site.
    https://www.amazon.de/Sonos-Smart-Speaker-2-Raum-schwarz/dp/B07RJQMPZ6

Yeah that's the ones in my link above. I just included postage to Ireland in the cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,655 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I’ve ordered , but can’t see it being fulfilled.

ted1 wrote: »
    I’ve ordered , but can’t see it being fulfilled.

Same, are they likely to cancel because of the incorrect price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,655 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Same, are they likely to cancel because of the incorrect price?

Well yes , but it’s out if stock. They just won’t restock them.

ted1 wrote: »
    Well yes , but it’s out if stock. They just won’t restock them.

Suppose, wishful thinking to be getting them at that price but sure worth a shot

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

deezell wrote: »
    If you download the Alexa app, you can communicate with Alexa devices remotely using assistant on your Android phone. Works with the Echo spot, so I guess it might work with Sonos if it's using Alexa.

Google Assistant has come directly to Sonos in the US. As in, in the sonos app, you can select between either Alexa or Google.

I'm not sure if this is available in Ireland yet.

https://www.sonos.com/en-ie/google-assistant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭v10

ah well, we knew it was coming ...

google translated email about my sonos order from amazon.de:

Sonos One Smart Speaker Set - Wireless Multiroom Speaker with Alexa, airplay, streaming

These articles have been awarded by us on the website by mistake at an incorrect price. We therefore had to cancel from your order. Of course, you are not charged for canceled items. If a strain have been completed, you will receive an automatic refund.

We ask for your understanding - perhaps you have already even wondered about the unusual price.

According to our terms and conditions of the purchase agreement for the product without first talking with sending the shipment confirmation e-mail comes. However, the alternative, we declare the avoidance for mistake.

If interested, we ask for reappointment of the said Article, if available.

We apologize for the error and apologize for any inconvenience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

v10 wrote: »
    ah well, we knew it was coming ...

google translated email about my sonos order from amazon.de:

Sonos One Smart Speaker Set - Wireless Multiroom Speaker with Alexa, airplay, streaming

These articles have been awarded by us on the website by mistake at an incorrect price. We therefore had to cancel from your order. Of course, you are not charged for canceled items. If a strain have been completed, you will receive an automatic refund.

We ask for your understanding - perhaps you have already even wondered about the unusual price.

According to our terms and conditions of the purchase agreement for the product without first talking with sending the shipment confirmation e-mail comes. However, the alternative, we declare the avoidance for mistake.

If interested, we ask for reappointment of the said Article, if available.

We apologize for the error and apologize for any inconvenience.

Got the same.
    Laughed at the "perhaps you have already even wondered about the unusual price." line. Yeah we knew what you were at...

Advertisement