Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

At least crypto is having a recovery from its dips. Everything else seems to follow dips with more dips. At this stage I would take a week or two of stocks going sideways.

Overall trading volume has been decreasing across April I think, March was one of the highest months in a long time for volume. Even though its painful atm, there's signs it's coming to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

Sorry,this was asked before I'm sure,can I buy crypto coin on degiro..I'm interested in some dogecoin..thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

cc87 wrote: »
    Even though its painful atm, there's signs it's coming to an end.

I hope you are right, my DEGIRO has been blood red for weeks on end now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭circadian

butrasgali wrote: »
    Sorry,this was asked before I'm sure,can I buy crypto coin on degiro..I'm interested in some dogecoin..thanks

Not that I'm aware of. I'd recommend using a reputable crytpo exchange, although, even then there's risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭Shedite27

butrasgali wrote: »

No, and Coinbase don't trade it either. Binance probably the easiest to buy Doge

• Advertisement

PLTR looks like it could start to come back up again.

Insider selling seems to have dropped off, with stock options being exercised instead and funds are buying again. ARK's approach of buying any and all dips in PLTR has probably stopped it dropping well into the mid-teens as well, another 1.15m shares yesterday.

Hopefully means the near weekly new contracts and partnerships they've announced might actually affect the SP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

bish76 wrote: »
    I started with $102. I kept buying and it kept dropping and I continued buying. Now it's 15% of my portfolio and still 20% below BEP. Yes, I am bullish on this - may be I don't have any other option. :eek:

I'm not that well up on Lemonade but from the small DD I did it wasn't for me, I it looks like after the fad has finally waned here the share price will be south of $40

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

pioneerpro wrote: »
    The actual problem here is the fact that the SPAC Sponsors somehow circumvented the 2 year lockup period a couple of weeks ago, selling their entire position, and facilitating the sell-off of the majority of the PIPE holdings. This could be an absolute bloodbath if its picked up on in the mainstream.

https://content.edgar-online.com/ExternalLink/EDGAR/0001104659-20-138151.html?hash=ef7aba83821860035446aa3f8b514514750ad1925dddab8e7171cd9c59e8c0ec&dest=TM2038890D1_EX#TM2038890D1_EX

Seems to be going up pre market. Back to where I sold at least haha. Probably start a run all the way back up knowing my luck.

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Very close to throwing in the towel on a whole slew of stocks, that I'm currently holding. When you go from being nicely in profit to fairly serious loss on a stock in the space of a Month, its devastating

eg.

MP Materials... Was 50% in profit. Now 19% down. Share price has crashed from around $50 start of March to $27 now.

I had a lot of that scenario in Feburary but I decided when it dropped to break even to exit. Although I was more like 30% up on most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Bit of activity on ARB this morning, up around 20%
    Trading halted I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

I'm not that well up on Lemonade but from the small DD I did it wasn't for me, I it looks like after the fad has finally waned here the share price will be south of $40
    Yes, fooled by Motley brothers and they charge for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭John.burke

cronos wrote: »
    I had a lot of that scenario in Feburary but I decided when it dropped to break even to exit. Although I was more like 30% up on most of them.

Did you not like the stock to begin with? I understand if you want to make use of the funds elsewhere but selling a stock when the only thing that's changed is the price seems a bit off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭growleaves

I have seen Netflix and Amazon advertising their shares on Youtube Ads over the last few weeks.

To me that is a desperate sign of stock dumping.

I do think both companies are invincible over the long-term though.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

growleaves wrote: »
    I have seen Netflix and Amazon advertising their shares on Youtube Ads over the last few weeks.

I didn't even know companies were allowed to do that.

That's crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

Are you sure it wasnt just some broker? I would be shocked if it was actually netflix or amazon doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭growleaves

SmokyMo wrote: »
    Are you sure it wasnt just some broker? I would be shocked if it was actually netflix or amazon doing it.

I will pause it and look out for small print to examine if it comes up again. I didn't notice any third party broker name.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Treppen

I've seen Mile tipped here a few times.

What's the attraction. (Apart from charging by the mile, which is easy for any other company to copy!).

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

I will pause it and look out for small print to examine if it comes up again. I didn't notice any third party broker name.

Click on the ad and see where it brings you.

John.burke wrote: »
    Did you not like the stock to begin with? I understand if you want to make use of the funds elsewhere but selling a stock when the only thing that's changed is the price seems a bit off

I'm no expert on this by any stretch. But the market is revaluing these drastically. What's a good company and what's a good stock can be two different things. Also there have been some short reports suggesting the management team are lying on some of the financial projections. Given the SPAC market is being investigated by the SEC, that does not seem unbelievable. But I probably have sold too late, just didn't want to watch it continue to decline. But it's probably found it's bottom now I suspect.

Edit: Typical, up she goes haha

Edit 2: Most certainly not an expert should have held, a day like today would have been enough to give me some confidence back. You live and learn. Expensive lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ADZAM

ADZAM wrote: »
    MILE reaching new all time lows, lemonade they will launch car insurance by the end of the year.
    Down 50% off peak in February.

Relieved to see some green today on Metromile, bought at the low yesterday, up over $8 again, thankfully!

• Advertisement

Affirm (AFRM) is another stock that got battered since February, down almost 60% off high.
    They are one of the pioneering of BNPL (buy now, pay later), they integrate with shopify to allow merchants to offer their service. Price action kinda pegged to Peloton as they are a major affirm customer. Affirm acquired returnly today, a startup that looks after returns for eCommerce.
    The founder Max Levchin was one of the founders of paypal, I am bullish on affirm and added around $63 recently to average down. I could see them either growing well on their own or being acquired by Shopify, Paypal, Square (any big ecommerce/fintech companies).

Treppen wrote: »
    I've seen Mile tipped here a few times.

What's the attraction. (Apart from charging by the mile, which is easy for any other company to copy!).

Betsy Cohen, Ryan Graves, Mark Cuban involved.

They're an AI-based insurance company currently operating in 8 states, planned to expand to 20 by end of year (unlikely now due to COVID). Possibly covering the majority of the US by end 2022

Looking to expand not just in terms of areas of operation but also into other areas for insurance.

Partnering with car manufacturers.

Looking to license their software out to other companies, ie SaaS based (https://enterprise.metromile.com/).

Yes, other companies can do pay-per-mile but they don't. The closest is Root that looks to assess your driving behaviour and charges based off that. It's a huge market and many others do not have the growth potential of a metromile. In addition, it would require huge expense to develop a good model at a time when companies are trying not to spend. (Possibly more likely that a Geico or similar buys metromile)

Betsy Cohen, Ryan Graves, Mark Cuban involved.

They're an AI-based insurance company currently operating in 8 states, planned to expand to 20 by end of year (unlikely now due to COVID). Possibly covering the majority of the US by end 2022

Looking to expand not just in terms of areas of operation but also into other areas for insurance.

Partnering with car manufacturers.

Looking to license their software out to other companies, ie SaaS based (https://enterprise.metromile.com/).

Yes, other companies can do pay-per-mile but they don't. The closest is Root that looks to assess your driving behaviour and charges based off that. It's a huge market and many others do not have the growth potential of a metromile. In addition, it would require huge expense to develop a good model at a time when companies are trying not to spend. (Possibly more likely that a Geico or similar buys metromile)

To your point, the main reason I stuck with them is they are only going to get bigger from here, they are in 8 states today, wait until they are in 10,15, 20, you get the point.

That's some crazy run on SKLZ. No idea what's driving the market these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

That's some crazy run on SKLZ. No idea what's driving the market these days.

GIK, LOTZ, ACTC, NGA as well. Action is absolutely bizarre today on any number of SPACs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Just wanna say for one day before we get the fake out ad red again..

SPACS ARE BACK BABY!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭jams100

I definitely tried to catch a falling knife and failed. Sold skills and Opendoor at around a 25% to 30% loss. Not good for the health watching such drops each day.

This is what I think of when I see some people buying and selling in this thread :D

546738.png
    Current Portfolio...
    Sold all NRZ plus trimmed others to move to crypto. Aim is to keep around 10% in crypto but shares dropped since so it's a bit higher. Roughly 40% BTC, 15% ETH, 15% DOT, 10% USDT, 10% XRP, 10% ROSE. BTC was about 50% until it dipped and ETH gained.

Added NIO at 37.30. Probably sell this once it recovers, not confident in keeping Chinese shares currently.
    CCIV as well around the 22 mark. Too cheap not to buy.
    AONE/Markforged a 3d printing SPAC, down slightly since
    Bought Tesla just over 600. I am a convert.
    TSIA/Latch, this is a spac that really intrigues me. Basically a SaaS that works as a go between for real estate companies and smart home companies. Offers an app where all devices can be controlled by the user and stays with you when you move home. They've also partnered with manufacturers and make their own devices. Stupidly low churn and some big companies partnered with them. Slight concern is that one of their biggest partners, Tishman Speyer, is also a major sponsor of the SPAC
    Bought more IAG when it dipped to 185 a few weeks ago, nice quick recovery to 200+

Some speculative plays added, IMM.L pharma in phase 3 of a lupus drug, Mode.l bitcoin app, Vela.l an investment firm with shares in mode and a potential covid drug (https://arcadiatrial.org/). These totalled less than 2% of the portfolio until everything else dipped and they held firm.

Currently -4% overall.

550956.png

• Registered Users Posts: 45,280 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Nice portfolio
    Do you spend much on transactions costs, as you buy and sell regularly?

• Advertisement

6 wrote: »
    Nice portfolio
    Do you spend much on transactions costs, as you buy and sell regularly?

More than I would like to currently but I use Degiro for most trades and mainly US stocks which keeps fees low then Binance for crypto which also has low enough fees.

Was never my intention to trade more than invest. The last two months worth of dips meant I used up cash I was keeping on the sidelines. Don't see myself doing much over the next few months unless the speculative plays come through and there's some profit to be taken.

Starting to invest in fractional shares is the next area I want to look into. Make some of the higher cost shares like AMZN more attainable.

Advertisement