Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Hopefully everyone is well in green today! I entered two Companies earlier in week around $3.60. I was watching them for a while. Both have now broke 4 so I feel comfortable sharing them. PAVM and MREO. Both will be long terms holds for me. I have also been watching PDSB and it has taken off today. I’m hoping to start a position on this tomorrow if I can get it around 5. A market cap of 117 million. Will be another long term hold.

I was liking PAVM but don’t like the Lucid share split. I’d prefer to buy Lucid, as no doubt the directors in PAVM will sell their Lucid shares due to cashflow issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Ok I need to start rotating away from growth stocks, the last few weeks rollercoaster is too much for this large a fraction of my savings ha. Anyways I've gone on very well with some of the shipping container companies (big shortage at the minute), generally low PE ratios and reasonable dividends. Danaos (DAC) I swingtraded it been 25 and 35, it's shot on up to 48 today so I've missed the boat getting back into that for now, Costamare (CMRE) I'm still in and 30% up on, but still a very low PE, and very nice price set-up at the sec, nice longterm uptrend, but plenty of support in around the 9.50 to 10.20$ mark last few weeks and looks like it's ready to breakout now. Its one I'm tempted to add to my position tomorrow if it hasn't already taken off following DACs price action the last few days. Safe Bulkers (SB) I'm looking at also, again a very good chart set-up right now, but much higher PE ratio at 24. Anyways anyone else in this sector, what are your holdings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

cc87 wrote: »
    UPDATE:

Still in: GEVO, OCGN, MILE, DDDD.L, IAG.L, BFT, UWMC, AMD, PSTH, STOB.L, BT.A-L, AML.L, HAT.L
    Averaged down on UWMC.
    Sold some OCGN & GEVO
    Sold all PLTR, will rebuy.
    Added: LOTZ, NRZ, CLOV.
    LOTZ looks oversold, has a lot of growth potential and at a low price currently. In @9.4
    NRZ is a mortgage based REIT with a high dividend and a potential spinoff IPO in the works.
    CLOV is a small position after it tanked due to the SEC investigation news.
    EDIT: Also put in for pre-IPO shares in Cellular Goods.UK based synthetic cannabinoid company
    Currently up 25% YTD (down from 32% at the start of the week)
    Besides looking for a nice entry into PLTR, that's my investment money for the foreseeable spent. House hunting now

I posted this at the start of the dip and two weeks into the dip it was too hard to resist a bit of shopping.....

Averaged down on AMD, CLOV, MILE & LOTZ.
    Added positions in FROG @ $46 then NGAC & NSH under $11 and SFTW @ $11.30.

The CBX IPO increased 400% on the day so I sold half some for a nice profit, happy to leave the rest and see where it goes. Currently +120%
    Picked up some ARB.L @ 200p, a 20% discount through PrimaryBid.

Looking to close some of my smaller COVID recovery stocks now. AML.L was the first to go. Still has potential but I was in profit and it's a high risk stock.
    Once the recovery from the dip slows I'll start to trim the growth stocks and move to more reliable ones.

Currently +18% YTD after going down to 11% on Monday.

546738.png

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

cronos wrote: »
    enfa went up 20% on the buzz feed rumour and is now below NAV. I wouldn't say SPAC's are back in favour yet. I'd love SPAC's to work though, better than praying you might get lucky to get Roblox after it's already up 50%

BuzzFeed is, and I must stress this, a terrible acquisition and shouldn't be be the barometer of anything in the SPAC world. I've no idea why they didn't spin off the quite legitimate buzzfeednews a couple of years back, but BuzzFeed itself is almost a negative brand at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

jams100 wrote: »
    Pure gambling once again...

1. It's only a rumour
    2. Altimeter have 2 spacs (AGC) & (AGCB), both up over 15%, if the rumour is true only one of those spacs will merge with Grab.

Madness!

(I know nothing about Grab, so I'm not judging that company with what I've said above)

Funny you mention Altimeter, I only got in on AGCB 2 days ago after trying to find out who invested in ROBLOX previously. Dragoneer was the other investor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

What's the best site to get the lasted short info on a stock. Some are saying sos have 147% short interest and others say 8%

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    What's the best site to get the lasted short info on a stock. Some are saying sos have 147% short interest and others say 8%

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/SOS/key-statistics?p=SOS

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Looks like a bad day incoming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

ShaneU wrote: »
    Looks like a bad day incoming

Yeah seeing people on twitter talk about that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

yeah looks like it'll be another choppy session and there may be profit booking too, and I think after this weeks recovery can't complain much.

• Advertisement

jams100 wrote: »
    2. Altimeter have 2 spacs (AGC) & (AGCB), both up over 15%, if the rumour is true only one of those spacs will merge with Grab.
    Funny you mention Altimeter, I only got in on AGCB 2 days ago after trying to find out who invested in ROBLOX previously. Dragoneer was the other investor.

It's AGC for Grab as per bloomberg terminal in the last 20 mins.

RIDE about to take an almighty plummet

https://twitter.com/HindenburgRes/status/1370365000519417861

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Wow it keeps getting worse, definitely a "stop, stop, they're already dead" vibe as you work your way down the bulletpoints.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭crushproof

Wow it keeps getting worse, definitely a "stop, stop, they're already dead" vibe as you work your way down the bulletpoints.

Sold out as soon I went through it, what an absolute shambles. Another loss added to my list!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Theman343

$EBON doing very well

Theman343 wrote: »
    $EBON doing very well

SEEL absolutely flying for me today as well; this could be the year of ketamine and psych adjacent stocks imo. Have a bunch tied up between cannabis pennies and biomed/pharma/therapy pennies.

crushproof wrote: »
    Sold out as soon I went through it, what an absolute shambles. Another loss added to my list!

Sold mine too, Jaysus another Nikola....No wonder so many spooks rushing to go via SPAC's...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

pioneerpro wrote: »
    SEEL absolutely flying for me today as well; this could be the year of ketamine and psych adjacent stocks imo. Have a bunch tied up between cannabis pennies and biomed/pharma/therapy pennies.

Cracking SP performance from SEEL over the last 3 months, presumably today's uptick is based on the broker recommendation

Did anyone pick Coupang? what's your view folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Too rich for me, I don't feel like making Softbank any wealthier from this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,112 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I'm in, higher than I'd like but whatever. Will buy in more as/if it drops, but wanted a foothold at least.
    I have lived in South Korea and used Coupang, and it is quite phenomenal what they do. They're rocket delivery service guarantees delivery by 7am next day if ordered before midnight, so you have people ordering ingerdients for breakfast before going to bed and they are outside your door next morning. They have invested heavily in infrastructure in SK allowing them to do that, and forced Amazon to effectively exit Korea as it cant compete with them.

I could see them implementing something similar in urban areas elsewhere in the world with high population density, maybe market them as a more localised service than Amazon do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

ARYZTA AG to sell its North American operation to a company connected to private equity firm Lindsay Goldberg for $850m. (700 million Euro). Thats a good price for what was has been a loss making 'Mill stone' around the neck of Aryzta. This is significant as it reduces Aryzta's long term liabilities in half, the long term liabilities are now covered by the short term assets.
    Aryzta now looks incredibly undervalued now, the return to a profit making business looks like it'll happen much sooner now with the American bakeries (along with their Unions and general BS) are offloaded.
    SimplyWallstreet had it undervalued by as much as 76% before this transaction, it'll be even higher now!
    Currently trading at 0.96 CHF ~ €0.86

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Last march I lost 4k and this march I won 4k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭crushproof

Did anybody hold Aercap? Just noticed they've bought GE's aircraft leasing wing (excuse the pun).

Up from a low of $10.52 during the pandemic to over $60. One that flew (again sorry) under the radar as all the airlines recovered. I'd forgotten how vital the aircraft leasing industry is and certainly missed a great opportunity here. Also good to see an Irish managed company doing so well. Their CEO Angus Kelly came across very well on CNBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

ARYZTA AG to sell its North American operation to a company connected to private equity firm Lindsay Goldberg for $850m. (700 million Euro). Thats a good price for what was has been a loss making 'Mill stone' around the neck of Aryzta. This is significant as it reduces Aryzta's long term liabilities in half, the long term liabilities are now covered by the short term assets.
    Aryzta now looks incredibly undervalued now, the return to a profit making business looks like it'll happen much sooner now with the American bakeries (along with their Unions and general BS) are offloaded.
    SimplyWallstreet had it undervalued by as much as 76% before this transaction, it'll be even higher now!
    Currently trading at 0.96 CHF ~ €0.86

Thought Id go look them up but cant find their stock price. Im typing in ARYZTA, is there a different ticker for them?

Connie

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

Did anybody hold Aercap? Just noticed they've bought GE's aircraft leasing wing (excuse the pun).

Up from a low of $10.52 during the pandemic to over $60. One that flew (again sorry) under the radar as all the airlines recovered. I'd forgotten how vital the aircraft leasing industry is and certainly missed a great opportunity here. Also good to see an Irish managed company doing so well. Their CEO Angus Kelly came across very well on CNBC.

Had them on my watchlist to get some indirect exposure to airlines but the price held up well when other airlines were going through a second dip last year so I thought maybe they would slowly follow and there would be entry again in the teens.

For a beginner like me it was hard to know if airlines would restructure some of their leases etc. with so many aircraft grounded (especially if the US support was going to be insufficient and/or tied to staff costs) and that then have an impact on AerCap’s revenues.

Great return for its investors.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭cal naughton

connie147 wrote: »
    Thought Id go look them up but cant find their stock price. Im typing in ARYZTA, is there a different ticker for them?

Connie

ARYN

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭JoeCole26

Fairly sure I posted Aercap as a buy around April/May last year on this forum. Have friends/family who worked there and they always spoke about the quality of the senior management team and the company’s large cash reserve being able to see them through the pandemic (granted maybe not as drawn out as it has been) and the fact they will be able to capitalise on other aircraft lessors who weren’t in as strong a position. Great to see them doing well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/paddy-power-owner-flutter-may-list-quantity-of-fanduel-stock-in-us-1.4509864

How is that likely to affect the FLTR share price? Have shares from over a year ago with them so wondering is this a hold or a sell based on the above news.

Advertisement