Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Extreme Rules 2019 (Spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Lucky that that giant box of crash pads was there or that might have been interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Lucky that that giant box of crash pads was there or that might have been interesting.

Oh yea f*** wwe for trying to protect the wrestlers on a bump

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

Just stick the title on Samoa Joe....disappointed with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I missed the finish live. My internet dropped just as seth came back into the ring from the splash and came back on just as lesnar was being announced as champ. Enjoyed the show to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The End of Days to Becky was great. Didn't think they'd go there in the end but it paid off. Crowd ate it up and despised Corbin afterwards.

Anyway, back to no champion on Raw. I would say it was fun while it lasted but....it hasn't been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

lycan238 wrote: »
    I missed the finish live. My internet dropped just as seth came back into the ring from the splash and came back on just as lesnar was being announced as champ. Enjoyed the show to be fair.

Don't mind Brock winning, Seth is a lame champion anyway and the belt is better off even on a part timer. The one change though would have been that Brock should have F5 Becky rather than Corbin hitting her with the end of days.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm not watching this but bayley is supposedly bright orange from spray tan and the womens tag champs are doing some internet watch along thing rather than having a match?

Of course you’re not watching. You just posted along live with the Ppv times commenting on promos and chants but you weren’t watching. Hell even if you were reading live spoilers than makes you the biggest WWE fan out there cause you’re puttibg in some serious dedication following everything wwe does.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

But you weren’t watching of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Those two main events were awful. And back to a part time champion again with Lesnar isn't the way I thought they'd go with Heymans brand. At least Taker didn't nearly kill anyone. Cesaro/Black was good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

And back to a part time champion again with Lesnar isn't the way I thought they'd go with Heymans brand.

Lesnar winning the Universal title for that "heel heat". At least it's not like when Heyman was working on ECW & Big Show (who was maybe fatter than he's ever been) was given the belt.

Balor lost the intercontinental title in the pre show. Can't see anyone who posted about it (btw the Revival are no Arn or Malenko in terms of ability).
    I'd suggest Balor turn heel as he's not been one yet in 5 years with WWE but not involving The Club. Being a lackey to Styles who's holding the most mid card belt in the company ain't a good look nor is hanging out with Gallows & Anderson who are the equivalent of lads in college delighted with scraping a pass. A heel run with Mysterio would do him good as it did for Jericho & Punk but Rey was better protected then & more over than he is now.

• Advertisement

Those two main events were awful. And back to a part time champion again with Lesnar isn't the way I thought they'd go with Heymans brand. At least Taker didn't nearly kill anyone. Cesaro/Black was good though.

I thought the main event was fun. Really picked up towards the end. Lacey's best performance by a distance but she did have Seth, Corbin and Becky in there to help.

Kofi/Joe was alright but it has killed Joe for me. No interest in his feuds moving on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Loughc wrote: »
    But you weren’t watching of course ;)

He/she is a walking contradiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,101 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

more attempted heat on Lesnar with an angle we've seen 1000 times before.

fúck right the fúck off.

Becky is now neutered. left for dead by Corbin, and can't even get up to help Seth as Brock cashes in. all because Brock needs to be strong.

fúck the fúck off you fúckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Imagine how ****in sad your life must be to sit and watch a wwe PPV in the small hours of a Monday morning while pretending you're not watching only to slate the entire show.

What a waste of an orgasm that person was.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,342 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's the same sh1t for the last 4/5 years try and get Roman over and make Lenser Champion to the detriment of everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

Of course Brock is champ again
    Of course Joe isn't champ again

SlickRic wrote: »
    more attempted heat on Lesnar with an angle we've seen 1000 times before.

fúck right the fúck off.

Becky is now neutered. left for dead by Corbin, and can't even get up to help Seth as Brock cashes in. all because Brock needs to be strong.

fúck the fúck off you fúckers.

How? I've read that no-one has kicked out of the End of Days so it's a devastating move. Plus she saved Rollins at the last PPV. Doing it again, to Brock Lesnar no less, would be absurd and could possibly turn people against her because it would be such superhuman booking.

Becky has looked super strong for ages, being laid out by a man twice her size doesn't affect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

What gets me is they seem to want to find the next Steve Austin character as they seem to be heading into "edgier programming" and its now KO's turn but they already have it in Samoa Joe, totally believable bad ass character, and great on the mic, imagine him going up against the authority then chasing down Lesnar, thats something i think a lot fans would tune in for and would be great in my opinion, but instead they job him out ppv after ppv to the point nobody will care what he does anymore because he doesnt win when it counts

I dont care that Lesnar is champion again, it just shows up the rest of the roster, i find Rollins rather bland, the fact i think of him as the man's man lately instead of universal champion sums it up for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Becky waiting on the apron to get tagged in to save Seth in a NO DISQUALIFICATION match.

Stupid.

Michael Cole and the announcers should be fired into the sun. They make people change the channel with the corporate branded phrases they shout for 5 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Imagine how ****in sad your life must be to sit and watch a wwe PPV in the small hours of a Monday morning while pretending you're not watching only to slate the entire show.

What a waste of an orgasm that person was.

I just read the Something Awful forums GDT rather than watching this ****e.

It's pretty much MST3K for bad wrestling.

Also, lol at the Brock panic button being used again. It didn't work last time lads. Who do they even have him feud with now? They've devalued the entire roster so much that no one really matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,101 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

J. Marston wrote: »
    How? I've read that no-one has kicked out of the End of Days so it's a devastating move. Plus she saved Rollins at the last PPV. Doing it again, to Brock Lesnar no less, would be absurd and could possibly turn people against her because it would be such superhuman booking.

Becky has looked super strong for ages, being laid out by a man twice her size doesn't affect that.

then don't book yourself into a situation where you're in a stupid match with stupid rules where Becky (arguably your biggest full time star) gets destroyed and forgotten about, only for Brock Lesnar to come in and get the title off Rollins, with an angle that is mind-numbingly boring and repetitive.

enter. hit move. win title.

who benefits from this? imagine if Becky and Rollins had thwarted the cash-in nobody in the fúcking world wanted to see.

SlickRic wrote: »
    who benefits from this? imagine if Becky and Rollins had thwarted the cash-in nobody in the fúcking world wanted to see.

There was duelling chants of "We want Lesnar!" and "No we don't!" during Kofi's match and the main event so some people wanted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Also, lol at the Brock panic button being used again. It didn't work last time lads. Who do they even have him feud with now? They've devalued the entire roster so much that no one really matters.

Ok, you have more than gotten your point across. Constantly, daily - we get it. There's no need to continue to flog that dead horse any more.

Your gimmick hasn't gotten over. I'd be willing to bet that a large portion of the community has you on ignore by now.

If you hate WWE, why are you still here commenting? You are adding nothing of substence to these threads. Its gotten beyond a joke now at this stage. We all know there are problems with WWE, fair enough, but Jesus dude, you need to calm it down or walk away or something.

If you don’t watch it why post about it?

If you’re just reading others peoples opinions from another forum why do you feel the need to regurgitate them on boards? As you said you don’t watch it so it’s not your opinion really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

lawlolawl is getting a two week ban, to reconsider his posting style.

But there's far too many posters who seem super eager to engage. If you think someone is trolling, report and IGNORE. Otherwise, you're simply giving possible trolls the reactions they want.

Now, can we please discuss the show.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man, I actually really enjoyed the ending of the tag main event.

I don't like man on woman violence in wrestling. I do think it can be written well, but a lot of the times, it isn't.

Last night was it done very right though. Corbin is a slimeball, a pure heel even if he goes into "Go away" heat a lot. When he hit Becky with the End of Days, that crowd went nuts because it was a genuinely deplorable thing that fans are conditioned to accept is an utter no-no. And it made Seth look great when he fired up and just demolished Corbin. It was a perfect end to a fairly poor feud, but it made Seth look good coming out, which you should want from your champ.

Shame Brock ruined it all.....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    lawlolawl is getting a two week ban, to reconsider his posting style.

Now, can we please discuss the show.....

Not a bad show wrestling wise but Kofi and Seth are poor champions by the way they’re booked. Kofi although booked strong still doesn’t fill the role right as champion.

Seth and Becky have been booked so poorly is embarrassing. The man’s man T-shirt sums its up.

I’m actually looking forward to a Lesnar reign again. Be interesting to see if anyone mentions Heyman’s new position if he sticks around as an on air manager for Brock.

Not sure why they gave Nakamura the title win on a preshow and book him so strong, it’s similar to what they did with his US title win.the flip flopping booking on Finn and Nakamura is frustrating though.

Tonight’s raw will tell a lot now all existing storylines have wrapped up it should give Heyman and Bischoff a clean slate to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm kinda looking forward to watching this tonight after work. I've seen all the results already, but i'll still watch.

Corbin did a good job on that End of days, looked to have protected Becky well. Its a shame he hasn't translated over to the Main Roster too well, he was booked pretty good in NXT. I get Randy Orton vibes from him in terms of workrate however

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Can't argue with any of this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Advertisement