Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Extreme Rules 2019 (Spoilers)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Those two main events were awful. And back to a part time champion again with Lesnar isn't the way I thought they'd go with Heymans brand. At least Taker didn't nearly kill anyone. Cesaro/Black was good though.

I thought the main event was fun. Really picked up towards the end. Lacey's best performance by a distance but she did have Seth, Corbin and Becky in there to help.

Kofi/Joe was alright but it has killed Joe for me. No interest in his feuds moving on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Loughc wrote: »
    But you weren’t watching of course ;)

He/she is a walking contradiction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

more attempted heat on Lesnar with an angle we've seen 1000 times before.

fúck right the fúck off.

Becky is now neutered. left for dead by Corbin, and can't even get up to help Seth as Brock cashes in. all because Brock needs to be strong.

fúck the fúck off you fúckers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Imagine how ****in sad your life must be to sit and watch a wwe PPV in the small hours of a Monday morning while pretending you're not watching only to slate the entire show.

What a waste of an orgasm that person was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,910 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's the same sh1t for the last 4/5 years try and get Roman over and make Lenser Champion to the detriment of everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

Of course Brock is champ again
    Of course Joe isn't champ again

SlickRic wrote: »
    more attempted heat on Lesnar with an angle we've seen 1000 times before.

fúck right the fúck off.

Becky is now neutered. left for dead by Corbin, and can't even get up to help Seth as Brock cashes in. all because Brock needs to be strong.

fúck the fúck off you fúckers.

How? I've read that no-one has kicked out of the End of Days so it's a devastating move. Plus she saved Rollins at the last PPV. Doing it again, to Brock Lesnar no less, would be absurd and could possibly turn people against her because it would be such superhuman booking.

Becky has looked super strong for ages, being laid out by a man twice her size doesn't affect that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

What gets me is they seem to want to find the next Steve Austin character as they seem to be heading into "edgier programming" and its now KO's turn but they already have it in Samoa Joe, totally believable bad ass character, and great on the mic, imagine him going up against the authority then chasing down Lesnar, thats something i think a lot fans would tune in for and would be great in my opinion, but instead they job him out ppv after ppv to the point nobody will care what he does anymore because he doesnt win when it counts

I dont care that Lesnar is champion again, it just shows up the rest of the roster, i find Rollins rather bland, the fact i think of him as the man's man lately instead of universal champion sums it up for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Becky waiting on the apron to get tagged in to save Seth in a NO DISQUALIFICATION match.

Stupid.

Michael Cole and the announcers should be fired into the sun. They make people change the channel with the corporate branded phrases they shout for 5 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Imagine how ****in sad your life must be to sit and watch a wwe PPV in the small hours of a Monday morning while pretending you're not watching only to slate the entire show.

What a waste of an orgasm that person was.

I just read the Something Awful forums GDT rather than watching this ****e.

It's pretty much MST3K for bad wrestling.

Also, lol at the Brock panic button being used again. It didn't work last time lads. Who do they even have him feud with now? They've devalued the entire roster so much that no one really matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

J. Marston wrote: »
    How? I've read that no-one has kicked out of the End of Days so it's a devastating move. Plus she saved Rollins at the last PPV. Doing it again, to Brock Lesnar no less, would be absurd and could possibly turn people against her because it would be such superhuman booking.

Becky has looked super strong for ages, being laid out by a man twice her size doesn't affect that.

then don't book yourself into a situation where you're in a stupid match with stupid rules where Becky (arguably your biggest full time star) gets destroyed and forgotten about, only for Brock Lesnar to come in and get the title off Rollins, with an angle that is mind-numbingly boring and repetitive.

enter. hit move. win title.

who benefits from this? imagine if Becky and Rollins had thwarted the cash-in nobody in the fúcking world wanted to see.

SlickRic wrote: »
    who benefits from this? imagine if Becky and Rollins had thwarted the cash-in nobody in the fúcking world wanted to see.

There was duelling chants of "We want Lesnar!" and "No we don't!" during Kofi's match and the main event so some people wanted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

lawlolawl wrote: »

Also, lol at the Brock panic button being used again. It didn't work last time lads. Who do they even have him feud with now? They've devalued the entire roster so much that no one really matters.

Ok, you have more than gotten your point across. Constantly, daily - we get it. There's no need to continue to flog that dead horse any more.

Your gimmick hasn't gotten over. I'd be willing to bet that a large portion of the community has you on ignore by now.

If you hate WWE, why are you still here commenting? You are adding nothing of substence to these threads. Its gotten beyond a joke now at this stage. We all know there are problems with WWE, fair enough, but Jesus dude, you need to calm it down or walk away or something.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

lawlolawl wrote: »

If you don’t watch it why post about it?

If you’re just reading others peoples opinions from another forum why do you feel the need to regurgitate them on boards? As you said you don’t watch it so it’s not your opinion really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

lawlolawl is getting a two week ban, to reconsider his posting style.

But there's far too many posters who seem super eager to engage. If you think someone is trolling, report and IGNORE. Otherwise, you're simply giving possible trolls the reactions they want.

Now, can we please discuss the show.....

Man, I actually really enjoyed the ending of the tag main event.

I don't like man on woman violence in wrestling. I do think it can be written well, but a lot of the times, it isn't.

Last night was it done very right though. Corbin is a slimeball, a pure heel even if he goes into "Go away" heat a lot. When he hit Becky with the End of Days, that crowd went nuts because it was a genuinely deplorable thing that fans are conditioned to accept is an utter no-no. And it made Seth look great when he fired up and just demolished Corbin. It was a perfect end to a fairly poor feud, but it made Seth look good coming out, which you should want from your champ.

Shame Brock ruined it all.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    lawlolawl is getting a two week ban, to reconsider his posting style.

Now, can we please discuss the show.....

Not a bad show wrestling wise but Kofi and Seth are poor champions by the way they’re booked. Kofi although booked strong still doesn’t fill the role right as champion.

Seth and Becky have been booked so poorly is embarrassing. The man’s man T-shirt sums its up.

I’m actually looking forward to a Lesnar reign again. Be interesting to see if anyone mentions Heyman’s new position if he sticks around as an on air manager for Brock.

Not sure why they gave Nakamura the title win on a preshow and book him so strong, it’s similar to what they did with his US title win.the flip flopping booking on Finn and Nakamura is frustrating though.

Tonight’s raw will tell a lot now all existing storylines have wrapped up it should give Heyman and Bischoff a clean slate to work with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm kinda looking forward to watching this tonight after work. I've seen all the results already, but i'll still watch.

Corbin did a good job on that End of days, looked to have protected Becky well. Its a shame he hasn't translated over to the Main Roster too well, he was booked pretty good in NXT. I get Randy Orton vibes from him in terms of workrate however

Can't argue with any of this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Renne trying to get fired!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,910 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I though I had heard her say that.

Then I went nah.

Still does not save Renee from being the worst commentator ever.

Put her back at what she was good at being an interviewer/host.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

She said rocked haha

ThePott wrote: »
    She said rocked haha

Yeah, I presume she went for a word begining with F, flubbed into "Rocked", and it ran into "F-rocked!"

"Goodbye PG era"

With Corey's "Holy shít", the bizarre Mike and Maria storyline, Baron bodyslamming Becky and the camera practically disappearing up Lacey's arse last night, there might be some merit in that.

• Advertisement

Surprised she didn't giver her expert analysis of "OOH"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

"Goodbye PG era"

With Corey's "Holy shít", the bizarre Mike and Maria storyline, Baron bodyslamming Becky and the camera practically disappearing up Lacey's arse last night, there might be some merit in that.

Corbin also clearly called Seth a "piece of shít" after he slammed Becky.

No automatic rematches remember? So it's probably Roman vs Brock for the 300th time. Who else could it be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

No automatic rematches remember? So it's probably Roman vs Brock for the 300th time. Who else could it be?

After next monday, my money is on Hogan

Edit: scrap that, im fairly sure the have already had a match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

After Becky takes out Corbin tonight on Raw, Lesnar next for her :P

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    After Becky takes out Corbin tonight on Raw, Lesnar next for her :P

Surely Corbin finally goes back to his home planet now. Not one person is buying a ticket to see him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,310 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah, because of their previous announcement, which I'm sure they'll stick to like all the others.

At this point, are the IC and US titles completely pointless? They just get passed around like they're nothing. Remember Miz's campaign of making the IC title mean something again. Now it's given to Nakamura who will probably be treated the same as when he had the US title and it's taken off Finn who you could barely tell had it.

Heyman had better have big plans to explain giving Brock the title again. Though maybe it was Vince's call. Could just be to get rid of the case.

Cesaro was impressive catching Black the way he did. Whatever about catching someone on your shoulder or across the chest when they throw themselves, catching by pretty much just the lower legs would not be easy.

Felt Owens' tweet about those missing while Shane gets a match was ruined by including the likes of Paul L:ondon and El Torito.

And for the second PPV in a row, they ignore one of their most popular parts of the WWE. The 24/7 title. The one title that should be guaranteed to be defended at a PPV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,365 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Do we know who Samoa joe annoyed to be treated like 1994 lex Luger ? All they are short is having him win by count out at summer slam and have balloons fall from the Celling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

First match in

Started to really focus on all those camera cuts and now making myself dizzy, its nauseating. It really made me not enjoy the match

Example Shane doing coast to coast, right on impact we get a shot of Elias's back.

Also this exhange made no sense.

Cole " a slow mythological approach from the undertaker"

Graves " eh i dont see anything slow and mythological from the undertaker its full steam ahead "

Renee "Undertaker said it best shane you are a victim of your own success and greed "

Edit Undertaker wins, we hear his music, then cut to Romans music for replays, and then back to Takers music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,310 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

During the Finn/Nakamura match, I was thinking, well at least they won't go picture in picture to show ads this time, only for them to go picture in picture to show promos for the PPV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Having a look at the watch along, it's great at letting people show some personalities.
    Loved the exchange between Pat and Ali during the Usos chanting.
    Pat: "Why don't you scream Ah and let everyone scream Li?"
    Ali: "A guy of my skin colour yelling something.... You gotta be a little careful"

Still not quite at the level of Ryder and Hawkins trolling Jarrett at the last one. "How could you make the Singh brothers the first global force tag champs?" "That's why it went under!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,365 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Also I thought that was Lacey Evans best in ring match in WWE by a long way. That jump from the second rope to the top and moonsault from the top looked great. She also took her lumps including the duplex on the ramp and she can swing a kendo stick like a champ. If she gets more experience in the ring she could be very good. I just didn't think she should be in the title picture so early on.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Also I thought that was Lacey Evans best in ring match in WWE by a long way. That jump from the second rope to the top and moonsault from the top looked great. She also took her lumps including the duplex on the ramp and she can swing a kendo stick like a champ. If she gets more experience in the ring she could be very good. I just didn't think she should be in the title picture so early on.

I think that match will, or should, go a long way in people changing their minds about her.

It was a super push right out the gate but it's worked for me. The character touches like a picture of her knocking Becky out on her boots or "Seth" embroidered across her ass is stuff a load of wrestlers could learn from instead of cosplaying as your favourite Marvel character, for example...

She's has the athleticism and power Charlotte has and it took her a while to put it all together on the main roster before she reached the level she's at now. I reckon it'll be the same for Lacey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think that match will, or should, go a long way in people changing their minds about her.

It was a super push right out the gate but it's worked for me. The character touches like a picture of her knocking Becky out on her boots or "Seth" embroidered across her ass is stuff a load of wrestlers could learn from instead of cosplaying as your favourite Marvel character, for example...

She's has the athleticism and power Charlotte has and it took her a while to put it all together on the main roster before she reached the level she's at now. I reckon it'll be the same for Lacey.

i dont think she was ready for the immediate push she got as she just doenst have enough in ring time for me but i think she actually put in a good performance on sunday. i think she also gets more criticism as shes home grown wwe and her supposed personal conservative views which people tend to forget when it comes to their favs like AJ and probaley nearly every american wrestler has

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭liatroimabu

I thought that this was a decent PPV , nothing to get too excited about but then again that will be saved for Summerslam if they have anything up there sleeve.

That is, it was decent until Lesnar came out, I don't mind Lesnar being champ, what I just can't stand at this stage is a champ that hasn't wrestled on weekly programming since like 2002. Now that Heyman is sort of at the wheel with RAW I'm also very afraid this could be a lengthy title run, as much as I personally don't like him I hope they book Rollins to regain title in some fashion at Summerslam just so we don't have an absentee champ.

• Advertisement
Advertisement