Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kaleidoscope 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

any chance it will be broadcast and we can watch it live?

Nah its a press launch, few people get invited. It'll be up on twitter as soon as the journo's are in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Do we know for sure that this line up will be announced as well as the EP lineup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Do we know for sure that this line up will be announced as well as the EP lineup?

This was the email that went out last week:
    Join us at Urban Plant Life on Wednesday morning at 11.15am for the reveal of this year’s Electric Picnic line-up. Festival Director Melvin Benn of Festival Republic will be on hand for soundbytes and questions. With Electric Picnic now fully sold out he will also announce initial details of a brand new festival taking place this summer. The stunning location of this new festival – brought to you by the Electric Picnic family - has never before been used and will provide the perfect backdrop to a new event on the summer festival calendar.

Is it soundbytes? I always thought 'soundbites'?

Interesting they say the new site has never been used before when Rossborough has hosted so many events, including festivals before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,331 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It still could be west coast somewhere, not convinced it's Rosseborougb.

• Advertisement

It still could be west coast somewhere, not convinced it's Rosseborougb.

Did FR run Kaleidoscope in the UK? If yes, then it is Blessington.

Think so wasn't LN

It was listed on the Rossborough house site though... Sure we will know in a few

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

well, there's a site ready to be launched anyway:
    https://www.kaleidoscopefestival.ie/

domain registered 19th January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Is this getting announced on the radio or what?

• Advertisement

BOHtox wrote: »
    Is this getting announced on the radio or what?

Press event at 11am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,821 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Don't think so but it's not happening in UK this summer apparently if that means anything.

Is there no announcement of this then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

guy on Today FM said it would be a small family festival but didn't have the details yet.

Not just yet but maybe they're waiting a bit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭corm500

New festival is Freetown, part of the picnic itself. Basically another stage with dance and electronica

corm500 wrote: »
    New festival is Freetown, part of the picnic itself. Basically another stage with dance and electronica

Wasn't it announced as a new festival altogether? That doesn't sound right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,641 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sounds like the dance area like at Glastonbury.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

That makes no sense in the context of the press release

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah all a bit bizarre if that's it.

• Advertisement

Sounds like the dance area like at Glastonbury.

Where's the acts, nothing electric in the EP line up..

That makes no sense in the context of the press release

I got it straight from the gaffer

I got it straight from the gaffer

Wasn't it described as a new festival in an unused location? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭endainoz

Eod100 wrote:
    Wasn't it described as a new festival in an unused location?

Sure was, I'd find it hard to believe thats it

Looks like announcement is still to come.

https://twitter.com/beat102103/status/1105792545190232065

No surprise there, kinda thought yer man was talking through his hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,641 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Where's the acts, nothing electric in the EP line up..

Huh? Four Tet, Kolsch, Maceo Plex for starters.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Huh? Four Tet, Kolsch, Maceo Plex for starters.

Where's Sus, lunch and afternoon tea.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Wasn't it described as a new festival in an unused location? :confused:

The way Melvin described it when I asked him was that Freetown is a whole new town within the festival in the area that used to be the Oscar Wilde campsite. It will be anchored by Terminus, a brand new 8000 capacity stage for electronica and dance. There will also be Providencia which will be Latino based and Spike Island a swamphut jumping with seisuins and slip jigs. It will also include The Oasis and Cirque. The people that were behind Salty Dog, Berlinhaus and Trailer Park are the developers.

• Advertisement

corm500 wrote:
    The way Melvin described it when I asked him was that Freetown is a whole new town within the festival in the area that used to be the Oscar Wilde campsite. It will be anchored by Terminus, a brand new 8000 capacity stage for electronica and dance. There will also be Providencia which will be Latino based and Spike Island a swamphut jumping with seisuins and slip jigs. It will also include The Oasis and Cirque. The people that were behind Salty Dog, Berlinhaus and Trailer Park are the developers.

That's to do with the EP thread, not this new festival which is totally separate.

I think it might be best to re-merge this thread with the EP now that it has been confirmed as part of EP.

endainoz wrote: »
    That's to do with the EP thread, not this new festival which is totally separate.

He said that this development was the new festival.

I getcha but just doesn't seem to match the press release in your original post of a completely new festival. Was/is there any talk of a new festival at the launch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

I think it might be best to re-merge this thread with the EP now that it has been confirmed as part of EP.

It hasn't been confirmed though

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cjdennis29

...so has Wilde just gone or is a new campsite being set up? Or have the other sites been expanded?

• Advertisement

I getcha but just doesn't seem to match the press release in your original post of a completely new festival. Was/is there any talk of a new festival at the launch?

I think the original press release was a little bit on the over-creative side. As with most press releases it turned out to be less than what was anticipated.

corm500 wrote:
    He said that this development was the new festival.

I'm gonna call bull on that one, new domain registration would be a good argument

I think the original press release was a little bit on the over-creative side. As with most press releases it turned out to be less than what was anticipated.

Not so much less has completely different. If that's what it is it's a fairly big let-down. If it was only going to be something at EP then only someone with a ticket could experience it. Below definitely sounded like a completely new festival in a new location. I really don't see how this could be it, unless someone completely dropped the ball with the press release.

''With Electric Picnic now fully sold out he will also announce initial details of a brand new festival taking place this summer. The stunning location of this new festival – brought to you by the Electric Picnic family - has never before been used and will provide the perfect backdrop to a new event on the summer festival calendar."

It hasn't been confirmed though

I asked Melvin Benn face to face about the new festival mentioned in the original press release. He said the new festival was Freetown. I would take it as confirmation as he is the head honcho TBH but then who knows? maybe there was to be an announcement and it was pulled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I'm gonna call bull on that one, new domain registration would be a good argument

... and the cache of the estate website with details of the festival!

• Advertisement

... and the cache of the estate website with details of the festival!

Oh please do tell, so corm can tell us were wrong

Oh please do tell, so corm can tell us were wrong

Someone posted it earlier in this thread I think - https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:uQEEP6vOX6wJ:www.russborough.ie/whats-on+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

28th June

Not so much less has completely different. If that's what it is it's a fairly big let-down. If it was only going to be something at EP then only someone with a ticket could experience it. Below definitely sounded like a completely new festival in a new location. I really don't see how this could be it, unless someone completely dropped the ball with the press release.

''With Electric Picnic now fully sold out he will also announce initial details of a brand new festival taking place this summer. The stunning location of this new festival – brought to you by the Electric Picnic family - has never before been used and will provide the perfect backdrop to a new event on the summer festival calendar."

Looking back on the original wording of the press release I'm inclined to agree with you.
    It definitely appears like a new festival. I take it they didn't have clearance to announce it today. Wish i'd pushed him on it now.

Kinda goes against the imaginary conversation with Melvin Benn alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Oooh salty! meow

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭fillup

I asked Melvin Benn face to face about the new festival mentioned in the original press release. He said the new festival was Freetown. I would take it as confirmation as he is the head honcho TBH but then who knows? maybe there was to be an announcement and it was pulled.

Maybe Mr Benn doesn't trust u with a secret.

Kinda goes against the imaginary conversation with Melvin Benn alright

Bizarre statement. I'm a journalist you goon. It's my job to talk to people. I wasn't there for the free Heineken speaker.

Looking back on the original wording of the press release I'm inclined to agree with you.
    It definitely appears like a new festival. I take it they didn't have clearance to announce it today. Wish i'd pushed him on it now.

Might be announcing it later today to let the EP line-up get coverage first. Guess it's all the one when it's sold out but guess it's effectively free adverting for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

What an anticlimax. Need something good after the dross that EP announced. Anyone recommend any foreign festivals from experiences?

Must have been a change of plan... or maybe they’ll announce it later in the day? Strange one either way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement