Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaleidoscope 2019

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Good price point for tickets but wouldn't be limiting them id make that the only price. Missus happy enough with Imelda may,im still hoping for Cradle of filth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Today FM twitter post said these are the FINAL acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭corm500

Today FM twitter post said these are the FINAL acts.

I doubt it, after all they have six music stages to fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

A kaleidoscope of beige so far!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Good price point for tickets but wouldn't be limiting them id make that the only price. Missus happy enough with Imelda may,im still hoping for Cradle of filth.

Just heard from a source saying Cradle of Filth cancelled the day of the EP launch hence why the announcement was cancelled :(:( . Imelda May took their slot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Hero777

do you think they are finding it hard to sell family camping tickets at the full price point? ie a family of 4 for 350 plus euros? or was it a case of trying to save face with all the social media complaints about the price that lead to the additional special offer family ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I think they'd suck up the complaints if they were selling tickets.

Hero777 wrote: »
    do you think they are finding it hard to sell family camping tickets at the full price point? ie a family of 4 for 350 plus euros? or was it a case of trying to save face with all the social media complaints about the price that lead to the additional special offer family ticket?

They should have just done an early bird for a longer period (or even a 1st year introduction offer) just to get people through the gates for the first year. Then next year do the early bird for a few months then full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mucker46

I read that as the full line up so far I.e. first announcement and today's rather than complete line up. The numbers are way too small for 6 stages over 3 days. Bit worried no international acts ( bar Tom Odell) announced yet suspECT they will be few and far between. Few decent acts and some to check out from today. Expect more soon.

• Advertisement

Kaleidoscope site updated for today's announcement and says many more at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Was thinking if going for a day non camping but working out at 180 with two kids vs the just announced family camping weekend ticket for 155. Any thoughts if there would be issue buying the 155 camping ticket and using it for non camping visit for a day or two over the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭oLoonatic

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Was thinking if going for a day non camping but working out at 180 with two kids vs the just announced family camping weekend ticket for 155. Any thoughts if there would be issue buying the 155 camping ticket and using it for non camping visit for a day or two over the weekend?

With it being a family friendly festival you wont be the only person to do that. I know we will leave if weather gets too bad etc and just do the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Going by Electric Picnic I wouldn’t see a problem at all. You just get your wristbands at the campsite area and then you’re free to go. They can’t make you put up a tent.

Yea id say if any of the locals or people from the surrounding areas are going they will be doing the same

Looks like Jerry Fish is gonna have a tent there
    60339648_355989525272566_3839138959426846720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=8213890316a1950f59644f90855c8555&oe=5D740946

Looks like Jerry Fish is gonna have a tent there
    60339648_355989525272566_3839138959426846720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=8213890316a1950f59644f90855c8555&oe=5D740946

I'm assuming that's a good thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Well, yeah. He had a fantastic line up last year at EP. Loads of great Irish stuff, past and present. I doubt he'll be unveiling his big guns here rather than in Stradbally but he's a well-connected chap. I'm sure he'll have some quality.

Jerry Fish is always a good line up at EP. Will be interesting to see what he unveils for kaleidoscope. Expect it to be good. Roll on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Jerry Fish is always a good line up at EP. Will be interesting to see what he unveils for kaleidoscope. Expect it to be good. Roll on Thursday.

He usually has some very good acts at EP. We could get a biggish like Frank & Walters or the Blizzards but im sure it will be alot of his usuals e.g The Kilo 1977
    House Of Yoga etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

I thought when they said more acts announced Thur that we would know by now

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

must not be making the announcement today - been interested to see if that was anyone else of note to be added....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Not another announcement screw up?

Certainly not showering themselves in glory

Just announced loads of acts, frank and Walters id like to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,459 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

That doesn't look bad at all. :)

60631785_357212738483578_5442484215625023488_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=e0a32b47089ce2f0b1f993ec2172b819&oe=5D5A39D5

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

That doesn't look bad at all. :)

60631785_357212738483578_5442484215625023488_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=e0a32b47089ce2f0b1f993ec2172b819&oe=5D5A39D5

Plenty there to bring me to jerry's tent. Frank and Walters always great live. Few from EP last year that I missed so maybe this time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,839 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Stomptown Brass are cracking live, saw them at the Salty Dog at EP and have stalked them round Dublin since, I'd highly recommend them. I'd guess they'd be great fun for kids too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

hi all

late to the party here, I mixed up dates for this but now realise i can make it
    My main focus is for my 11yr old daughter to have her first festival
    (ill do the dog adult style at EP myself) may well bring my 15yr old and the missus too

I appreciate that there has probably been lots of chat on the festival
    but im in work and cant read up on it, im looking to jump on tickets today

any thoughts on whether this will be carnage in the general camping area?
    i'm not into forking out for boutique camping, ill be saving my pennies for our summer hols and half the appeal is the cheap price, at least if its crap i can jsut leave and not be down 100's of bucks, i know its anyones guess but has there been any talk of quiet times or security implementing good behaviour? there is no way id bring my daughter if it was going to be anything like EP in the public camping sites, im way behind on all the social media / forum chat relating to the festival as i thought i wouldnt make it, any wisdom welcome, cheers

• Advertisement

hi all

late to the party here, I mixed up dates for this but now realise i can make it
    My main focus is for my 11yr old daughter to have her first festival
    (ill do the dog adult style at EP myself) may well bring my 15yr old and the missus too

I appreciate that there has probably been lots of chat on the festival
    but im in work and cant read up on it, im looking to jump on tickets today

any thoughts on whether this will be carnage in the general camping area?
    i'm not into forking out for boutique camping, ill be saving my pennies for our summer hols and half the appeal is the cheap price, at least if its crap i can jsut leave and not be down 100's of bucks, i know its anyones guess but has there been any talk of quiet times or security implementing good behaviour? there is no way id bring my daughter if it was going to be anything like EP in the public camping sites, im way behind on all the social media / forum chat relating to the festival as i thought i wouldnt make it, any wisdom welcome, cheers

If it's mostly families it'll be noisy, I emailed them and they said general camping was 1st come 1st served. They get back quick so drop them a line and let us know what they say.

Advertisement