Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bob Dylan & Neil Young, Kilkenny July 14th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

If anybody willing to share a presale code, please PM it to me :)

Saw Neil Young twice before, 2008 in Malahide and the 2013 gig in RDS, which left a bitter taste, so hoping to remedy that!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Saw Neil Young twice before, 2008 in Malahide and the 2013 gig in RDS, which left a bitter taste, so hoping to remedy that!

Pay the 20$ and don't be so tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭M.m.m.

Neil did a great gig in The 3 Arena two years ago with The Promise of the Real.

Some of the critics claimed it was self indulgent but if you appreciate
    listening to guitar you would've loved it.
    I'm sure there's only so many golden oldies he can play before he becomes demented.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

M.m.m. wrote: »
    I bought 2 tickets to see Neil and Bob in Hyde park before they announced Kilkenny gig. Is there any way I can swap these?

Anyone ever do that?

The same happened me last year with Paul Simon. However I had just bought flights for myself and my wife when they announced Dublin.

There were people beside me in Hde Park that came from California because at the time it looked like it could be Paul Simon's last concert. I was thinking would Hyde Park be paying something extra to get the first announcement.

If you dont have flights bought you could check Ticketmaster customer service. I actually find them quite good when calling them.

dixiefly wrote: »
    The same happened me last year with Paul Simon. However I had just bought flights for myself and my wife when they announced Dublin.

There were people beside me in Hde Park that came from California because at the time it looked like it could be Paul Simon's last concert. I was thinking would Hyde Park be paying something extra to get the first announcement.

If you dont have flights bought you could check Ticketmaster customer service. I actually find them quite good when calling them.

Thanks, I sent an email yesterday to AXS support after getting it from Facebook so will see if they can do anything and I will mail Ticketmaster as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭villa2008

Anybody have a presale code they would be willing to share. Please PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭fafy

villa2008 wrote: »
    Anybody have a presale code they would be willing to share. Please PM.

I’ve said it before on here, but i’l say it again, one final time.

Its not advisable to share presale codes, tickets can get cancelled,and i know of people on other presales, who had ALL their tickets cancelled, due to breaches of the rules i.e. making multiple purchases, using the same code.

The idea is that fan members of NY Archives, get tickets, and it is used only once. The codes issued, are unique, so multiple purchases on the same code, are easily traceable back to the member.

I wouldn’t like to see anyone caught out on this.

fafy wrote: »
    I’ve said it before on here, but i’l say it again, one final time.

Its not advisable to share presale codes, tickets can get cancelled,and i know of people on other presales, who had ALL their tickets cancelled, due to breaches of the rules i.e. making multiple purchases, using the same code.

The idea is that fan members of NY Archives, get tickets, and it is used only once. The codes issued, are unique, so multiple purchases on the same code, are easily traceable back to the member.

I wouldn’t like to see anyone caught out on this.

That's a load of bull. I've shared and received several presale codes for various bands as I go to alot of concerts each year and never heard of what you talking about or had tickets cancelled. Do you think they really follow how many times the codes are used. There is usually a limit like 2 or 4 tickets per code and that's it. All they care about is that the tickets are sold and go to fans rather than touts. Which is the way it should be.
    Artists asking people to pay to join fan clubs to get presale codes is wrong as far as i'm concerned e.g. fans are already having to pay over a hundred euros each for tickets for this gig and then you have to pay another 18 euros to get a code to buy tickets early. Sorry but that's wrong in my book.

Anyway guess I'll have to wait until Monday to try and get a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Comerman

I bought 2 tickets to see Neil and Bob in Hyde park before they announced Kilkenny gig. Is there any way I can swap these?

Anyone ever do that?
    Try toutless. Com

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

U see this selling out on Monday? Ideally want to pick up 2 tickets end of next week on pay day

• Advertisement

Comerman wrote: »
    Try toutless. Com

Thank you

boyznoise wrote: »
    U see this selling out on Monday? Ideally want to pick up 2 tickets end of next week on pay day

Hard to tell. Tickets are expensive and its close to christmas. So funds maybe low for alot of people. But then again its Neil Young & Bob Dyaln together so alot of people will have an interest in both so will find the money for tickets.

Thank you
    It's all above board as the name suggests it's tout less😠I got an exchange from an English guy for Springsteen when he played the park.

Comerman wrote: »
    It's all above board as the name suggests it's tout less😠I got an exchange from an English guy for Springsteen when he played the park.

Thanks again, have placed an add and hopefully will be able to work something out.
    Great to know about that site anyway, have ended up in the past not being able to
    get rid of tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,877 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

just cant justify paying that much for a seated ticket (€181, €156), its not like the seats in Nowlan Park are wonderful they are glorifed bucket seats

might try for a standing ticket closer to the day if i can go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Big fan of both, especially Bob, seen both twice, but don't think I will bother this time.
    Saw Dylan in London about 20 years and he was woeful, I was near the back and he was lit by what seemed like a candle.
    The only evidence, that I was at the great Bob Dylan was the ticket stub.
    Decided a few years ago when he played the 3 Arena, to give him another go, and hopefully erase the memories of the previous show, it didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Bob Dylan puts on a great gig but it's not what a lot of people expect. The songs bear no resemblance to the album versions and I've seen him four times but have never once seen him play a guitar, only keyboard. So it depends what you want from the show, it's never going to be a Greatest Hits.

If this was indoors, I'd be all over it but I'm struggling to picture it on a summer evening in a GAA stadium tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Bought two 'print at home' tickets this afternoon as Christmas presents. Still no link to print them out yet. Anyone get their link yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Bob Dylan puts on a great gig but it's not what a lot of people expect.

I think the opposite, most people get what they expect, but don't think it's a great gig. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mgkelly

recyclebin wrote: »
    Bought two 'print at home' tickets this afternoon as Christmas presents. Still no link to print them out yet. Anyone get their link yet?
    Noticed this. Wondered if maybe comes on board when general sale up and running. Didn't panic......yet!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

A lot of people online, on radio, in the media etc. seem to be under the impression that this is Dylan and Young "together" on stage.

This will be like the Dylan and Knopfler tour from a few years back where they played separate sets. Wish people would stop saying "together" on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

sirmanga wrote: »
    A lot of people online, on radio, in the media etc. seem to be under the impression that this is Dylan and Young "together" on stage.

This will be like the Dylan and Knopfler tour from a few years back where they played separate sets. Wish people would stop saying "together" on stage.

Yeah, it's more a co-headliner. I suppose there is a chance Young could join Bob and his band for a song (can't see it the other way around) but the odds are very slim!

I hope both get to do a full show!

Also hope nobody grumbles about Boh not sounding like his 21 year old blowin' in the wind self and Neil been indulgent on guitar solos. Slim odds again unfortunately! Ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Yeah, it's more a co-headliner. I suppose there is a chance Young could join Bob and his band for a song (can't see it the other way around) but the odds are very slim!

I hope both get to do a full show!

Also hope nobody grumbles about Boh not sounding like his 21 year old blowin' in the wind self and Neil been indulgent on guitar solos. Slim odds again unfortunately! Ugh!
    Neil doesn't do as much of the OTT guitar solos(which I like btw) without Crazy Horse.
    The gig in the point with Promise of Real had some of it but not half as much as the Crazy Horse RDS gig a few years previous.

Neil doesn't do as much of the OTT guitar solos(which I like btw) without Crazy Horse.
    The gig in the point with Promise of Real had some of it but not half as much as the Crazy Horse RDS gig a few years previous.

Yeah, I totally agree with ye!

Mind you there was still people in the RDS raging that he didn't play Heart of Gold or Four Strong Winds despite the gig been Neil Young and Crazy Horse! All the pissing and moaning on the way out was amusing to a degree. No talk of how incredible Cortez the Killer was or playing Blowin In the Wind and Needle & the Damage Done to please the acoustic loving contingent!?!

Mind you the RDS is a diabolical venue on a windy day and Neil and Crazy Horse suffered as a result that day. Seen the same thing happen to Bruce. I won't be going back to that venue anytime soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

website unresponsive :mad:

website unresponsive :mad:

I was trying on the app.
    Was told to sit tight... Didnt bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

OK, just got them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Got 3 pitch standing. Happy Christmas indeed..

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭oopsies

Did anyone get the 76 euro ones? Getting them for my partner and Mother in Law so need seated but 180 quid!!?? No ****ing way!

• Advertisement

Could only get standing for €100 the 76 stand could be hit and miss the front seats would be at ground level so you'd probably see ****all with the pitch full

Advertisement