Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Low Blows Wrestling Parties: WrestleMania at Buskers On The Ball!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I had a few friends fly over from the UK for the Wrestlemania one but don't see that happening this time so I may need someone here to adopt me for the evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Ill be in the same boat dude...none of my mates like wrestling so will be going on my lonesome.Real wrestling fans are a bit of a minority so im sure there will be plenty of folks to have a pint and chat away to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Guys could I have a hand with something - I'm working on something for this night at the moment (leggo I'll pm you!) i Just need to know one or 2 things:
    • The mania Party - How many people were there (approx)
    • Are we expecting similar numbers this time?
    • Could you link the pictures from the night itself (I know they were here before but I can't find them)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.271605439590425.65827.100002229144483&type=3 pics are here, I don't really remember how many went for it but as you can see in the pics it was pretty full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Hi grames, interested to hear what you've got in mind! PM me and, if I can help in any way, I will.

We lost count last time tbh. Initially the plan was to run it in the Captain's Live area and hopefully fill that, but when tickets sold out we made the decision to open the whole restaurant to it. Then we had a massive walk-up on the night. There was a few hundred there but, apologies, any attempt at an exact figure would be pure guesswork on my part.

Since it's SummerSlam, not Mania, realistically I don't expect it to be as full as there just won't be the same demand to see it. Having said that, though, we're much more prepared this time around, have been promoting it for longer and reaction to this one is very, very similar to the Mania party (the way it kept popping up everywhere on my Facebook feed the night we announced it etc). So you never know.

All I want, being completely honest with you, is for a good enough turnout that there's a great atmosphere for everyone to have a great night (and I'm already very confident that that'll be the case), for Captain's to be happy with the night (so we can run more) and to cover costs involved in running it, in that order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Which Captain's is this in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Which Captain's is this in?

Grafton St. in Dublin pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I went to the Mania party and it was great crack.

We got there at 6,got something to eat and grabbed a seat at the bar with a tv two feet away from us, perfect. If we'd left it until 8 to arrive, we might not have gotten a seat though, it filled up really quickly. Its not the biggest place in the world but the crowd that was there was comfortable, 200-230. You could walk around, go to the bar, q for the toilet(worst time was during the divas match, which was after Taker v HHH, lot of people hopping on one foot after that) with relative ease all night.

The bar did run out of a lot of stuff with about 45 minutes to go which was a pain. The warm beer hit me the next day fairly hard. I doubt they ever imagined that they were going to get so many people in the door for such a long period of time. Even though we drank the place almost dry, i don't think there was any trouble. We all just had a laugh.

We're thinking of going again and i hope its not a flop because it was the crowd that made the night an all round success for mania. With Lesnar and HHH fighting, its an ok card, but if The Rock has any part of the Cena, Big Show, Punk angle, then it might coax a few more people to come out to watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Super-Rush wrote: »
    If we'd left it until 8 to arrive, we might not have gotten a seat though, it filled up really quickly.

Wow no idea it was already full with 4 hours to go, I arrived at about 11:55!

I noticed there were about 30 wrestlers at the very front of the big-screen, they must have been there all day.

Tickets on sale NOW for the WWE SummerSlam Party via the link below. You'll receive a confirmation email within 48 hours of purchasing that will also serve as your ticket for the night. If you don't, just send an email to Rick@AMTLive.ie with your name and email address.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TVMHHPT75CLSG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

WWE have graciously offered to provide merchandise to be used as raffle prizes/giveaways on the night itself.

They are really impressed that this has been set up and are only too happy to help make the night that little bit more fun!

:)

Nice of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

Was it a late bar? what time did the drinks stop selling at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

mtjm wrote: »
    Was it a late bar? what time did the drinks stop selling at?

Drinks stopped being sold at some point during the main event, I think. A LOT of lager and jager had been consumed by then though.

I had a top ten hangover the next day.

Yep, as Super Rush said the bar was nearly drank dry by the end of the night but it went on pretty much until the end of the PPV and will do so again this time.

And major thanks to Grames Bond for organising that! Now to think of fun ways to give it away. Hmm... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

best fancy dress (obviously as a wrestler) has to get 1 prize imo

Hopefully nobody goes as Mideon :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

Tickets sorted, thanks Leggo!

Yeah myself and my mates were ordering 2 pitchers each every time we went up so that we didnt have to keep going back too often.
    One of the greatest nights I have ever had, I just cant stop talking about the Mania event, this one should be just as good!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Charisteas wrote: »
    Hopefully nobody goes as Mideon

Or Big Daddy V >_>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Billy & Chuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I am dying to go to this again... But with no Cody Rhodes match announced I will have to bite my tongue and wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Hoping to get the Monday off work so I can attended. I'll even apologise to Leggo and buy him a pint if I do get to go haha

Just got one of these http://www.livingsocial.com/deals/418590

Dya think they will accept these on the night? Be pretty sweet if they did

• Advertisement

In case anyone hasn't seen the announcement on the Facebook event, we'll be hosting a 'Pose-Down Contest' to give away the t-shirts Grames has kindly organised for us. So anyone who wants one, dress up as a WWE star (past or present), and we'll have you do an entrance on stage then cut a short promo. The best pose-downs win, simple as! :)

Oh and it'll all be filmed too. ;)

That is a brilliant idea!!

Also the more people have had to drink the more fun the promos will be!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Loos like ill be joining you's for the party on sunday. I'll be in around 8.30 or so do you reckon I should be ok to get 2 or 3 tickets at the door?

Oh yeah, sure we won't be opening up the live area until around 9ish so you'll defo be grand if you arrive then! :)

We finished the classic matches DVD today, but we're keeping it a surprise what matches are on the playlist you'll have to find out Sunday. Couple of interesting one's I wouldn't have expected in the top 10 though.

I'll probably be there early enough, I'm heading with a friend from Longford. Should be a good time :D

We're running a SummerSlam prediction game tonight on the Facebook page with prizes for the 5 top predictors if anyone wants to enter!

THIS TIME TOMORROW LADS! :D

do you have to be at the show in Captain Americas to enter this or can anyone do it

montyrebel wrote: »
    do you have to be at the show in Captain Americas to enter this or can anyone do it

Good question, nope it's open to everyone! :)

Have you decided what classic summerslam matches you will be showing? please say Razor and Shawn! Best match ever!

leggo wrote: »
    Good question, nope it's open to everyone! :)

entered it there now, hope it goes well for you

• Advertisement

Spectacular. Can't get my f*cking printer to work. Hopefully I can get to a net cafe at some point or I'm kinda screwed.

We'll have a list of those who purchased tickets (and how many they bought) at the door, so worse comes to worst you should be alright either way. But best to have the ticket anyway as proof of purchase.

Managed to get it printed, so all is good. Up in Captain's now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

cant make it myself tonight unfortunately, the trip and subsequent drinking in town proved too much for my wallet.Hope its a big success!

:D

Brilliant night!! Fair play - looking forward to the next one already whenever that may be!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

how did it compare to WM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Good fun last night. Well done.

D.Q wrote: »
    how did it compare to WM?

Didn't make it to grafton myself this time due to having work this morning at 8am but I really hope it was a success. But the Wrestlemania meet-up thread had 706 posts compared to this thread with 90.

Anybody have any photos?

• Advertisement

To be fair, the WrestleMania thread is an unfair comparison as that charts the whole thing from start to finish, before we even had a venue and it was just an idea...with everyone chipping in additional tips and ideas. There was also much more questions since it was the first event of its kind so there was a lot more for people to get to grips with. This time around it was a lot more straightforward, both from us organising and from people knowing the score.

Turnout was good. Haven't had a chance to check the final tally yet (just in from work so trying to play catch-up now) but I reckon about 75-80% of the Mania party, which is pretty much exactly what we hoped for since realistically it would (and will never) out-draw Mania. The Live bar was pretty much full by 9.30pm and we only officially opened at 9pm, so that was great.

Liked I said after Mania, everyone who went made it a great night. I actually think the atmosphere was better than at Mania, everyone there was completely up for the craic and it made the night such a joy to host. So thanks to everyone who came, I hope you had as much fun as we did! :)

We wanted this to stand-out from the party aspect of it, so we wouldn't be reliant on WWE putting on a great card to make it worthwhile, and that seems to be how people have reacted despite an average PPV, imo. Again, that's down to everyone there making it what it is. We can only put on matches, play music and have the banter, it's how you all react to it that makes it special.

I'll have the photos and some vids up soon, and I'll link to em from here when I do.

Thanks again guys. There's 100% going to be another party for the Rumble, as for Survivor Series or any other events we'll play it by ear and keep you posted both here and on the Facebook page as soon as we know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm gutted I couldn't make last night either and I hope it was a rousing success so it'll be done in the future. I immensely enjoyed wrestlemania and short of being at the show, festival atmos w/ wrestling fans is the way to go!

leggo wrote: »
    I'll have the photos and some vids up soon, and I'll link to em from here when I do.

Looking forward to seeing the fancy dress pics!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

Had an awesome time, not as many at it like there was for Mania which was kind of a good thing, meant it was easier to get to the bar or the loo when needed :D

I think the atmosphere for this was a little better than Mania since it seemed like in a way we knew others from Mania and felt less awkward. What also helped was the guys who cut a promo or tried to do a spinarooni or whatever else just for a t-shirt. It was great craic.
    Again thank you Leggo for putting this together.

asked on the facebook page wall, but did i seriously win tickets to the MSW over 18's show?
    Names Mark Montgomery, hence montyrebel.

If so can i get the tickets transferred to a friend as I wont be able to make it

• Advertisement

Yeah sure they're your tickets you can do whatever you want with them, your name won't be on them or anything. So send me on details and I'll get them out to you ASAP.

thanks will get it sent asap

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seen this on the WWE Parties FB
    522964_184955664975353_1698896255_n.jpg

I posted this on the FB page too but I really think it's something that Leggo and Captains should look into. As a few of us know - Captains are famed for their cocktails so they should make wrestling related cocktails - and the best bit is they wouldn't even need to do anything fancy - just change the names:

Woo Woo becomes a WOO WOO WOO
    Long island Iced Tea Becomes Long island Iced Z
    Sex on the beach becomes Trouble in Paradice
    Alabama Slammer becomes a Sidewalk Slam
    Passion Fruit Punch becomes the Knockout Punch
    Pina Colada becomes a Santina Colada
    White Russian becomes "the Great White" (or a valadamir Koslov)

And the Non Acoholic Cocktails become "Striaght Edge" Cocktails!!

Put them on a poster and BAM - instant sales!!

I posted this on the FB page too but I really think it's something that Leggo and Captains should look into. As a few of us know - Captains are famed for their cocktails so they should make wrestling related cocktails - and the best bit is they wouldn't even need to do anything fancy - just change the names:

Woo Woo becomes a WOO WOO WOO
    Long island Iced Tea Becomes Long island Iced Z
    Sex on the beach becomes Trouble in Paradice
    Alabama Slammer becomes a Sidewalk Slam
    Passion Fruit Punch becomes the Knockout Punch
    Pina Colada becomes a Santina Colada
    White Russian becomes "the Great White" (or a valadamir Koslov)

And the Non Acoholic Cocktails become "Striaght Edge" Cocktails!!

Put them on a poster and BAM - instant sales!!

I love it but it's actually been done already. Captain's Tallaght did something like that for their WrestleMania party (about the only original thing they did :D). Some of the responses from the people were quite funny to be fair.

Will post event info here today when it's done up! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement