Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Sure. Just PMed you - I can get it out tomorrow.

Padraig, is the last of the Layton Royal Essence gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

jim o doom wrote: »
    Padraig, is the last of the Layton Royal Essence gone?

Last 10ml left @ €20 before shipping. Already bottled in plastic, ready to go via An Post (or courier).

Last 10ml left @ €20 before shipping. Already bottled in plastic, ready to go via An Post (or courier).

Padraig, I'd like to take it off your hands, plus the Armani Prive - Vetiver d'Hiver and a 50ml of Aventus please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Cyrus wrote: »
    royal oud is amazing folks get in there

Hi Pat, any of this left or gone for now?

duffman13 wrote: »
    Hi Pat, any of this left or gone for now?

All gone I'm afraid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 rp79

Hi Pat,

Ill take one of the creed aventus if there is any left?

I'm new to this so let me know how payment works.

thanks

rp79 wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

Ill take one of the creed aventus if there is any left?

I'm new to this so let me know how payment works.

thanks

No problem. PMed.

Just had an email and Creed have confirmed that they are raising their prices with effect from August 1st. I've only got Aventus pricing so far, but expect a rise of ~€5 on a 50ml split. Currently I have ~6 bottles available at the 'old' price from a flacon which arrived yesterday.

Speaking of Creed........I've got 25ml of Pure White Cologne available. This is from their range topping Royales Exclusives line (which includes Spice & Wood etc) which retails at a heart stopping ~€385 / 75ml. PWC is a superb citrus / pear freshie, ideal for hot weather and totally unisex. Rates at 4.5/5 on Fragrantica. Price is €79.50 for the 25ml, or €34 for 10ml. I doubt I'll ever have this again so time to jump in if you fancy it. Delivery: it depends on when I receive it myself (it's en route) but I'm off on holidays Sunday week so it may be August before I get it out - presume that will be the case, but I will get it out next week if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

Can I have a bottle of Adventus please

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Hi Pat,

Can I get 1 Creed Aventus and could you pm me the payment details please.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I've got 25ml of Pure White Cologne available. This is from their range topping Royales Exclusives line (which includes Spice & Wood etc) which retails at a heart stopping ~€385 / 75ml. PWC is a superb citrus / pear freshie, ideal for hot weather and totally unisex. Rates at 4.5/5 on Fragrantica. Price is €79.50 for the 25ml, or €34 for 10ml. I doubt I'll ever have this again so time to jump in if you fancy it. Delivery: it depends on when I receive it myself (it's en route) but I'm off on holidays Sunday week so it may be August before I get it out - presume that will be the case, but I will get it out next week if I can.

Looking forward to this one arriving!

Padraig, if you have 10ml of Pure White Cologne left, I'd be quite interested in taking it off your hands please.

Thanks!

jim o doom wrote: »
    Padraig, if you have 10ml of Pure White Cologne left, I'd be quite interested in taking it off your hands please.

Thanks!

Sure, that leaves the final 10ml left.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

Sure, that leaves the final 10ml left.

Hi Padraig,

I’ll take that 10ml if still there and can I get a 50ml Creed Aventus also if available.

Thanks!

Folks, I'm considering dropping 25/30ml splits in glass bottles in favour of 20ml splits in plastic bottles, as well as moving 10ml splits to plastic only. This has the advantage of making 20ml splits available via An Post (and they'll be proportionally a bit cheaper as the bottles cost less) - and the obvious disadvantage that 50ml would be the only split size available in glass. Any comments or opinions on this (either way - there is no correct answer!) are welcome here or by email / PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

My only comments on that would be 2 issues with the 10ml plastic bottles I've experienced;

1) The labels don't stick very well on the plastic (it might be the texture), so I tend to sellotape them on extra when I get them. Makes them not look as nice!

2) The long thin 10ml plastic bottles are a pain to store on shelves in a nice way... I have a bunch standing up in a mug in my bathroom, and I really love the square bottles that can actually stand properly.

That's all PURELY on aesthetics, so not a big deal but just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mrm

Folks, I'm considering dropping 25/30ml splits in glass bottles in favour of 20ml splits in plastic bottles, as well as moving 10ml splits to plastic only. This has the advantage of making 20ml splits available via An Post (and they'll be proportionally a bit cheaper as the bottles cost less) - and the obvious disadvantage that 50ml would be the only split size available in glass. Any comments or opinions on this (either way - there is no correct answer!) are welcome here or by email / PM.

Question: Will the 20ml plastic bottles be same diameter as the 10ml but twice the height? Just askin cos I'm not very tall.

And the 10ml are horrible to store, they're like Kerry footballers- just constantly throwing themselves to the ground:eek: The spray is a little strong as well on the plastic bottles - the glass bottle ones are better balanced for controlling the spray amount.

Cheers guys!
    My only comments on that would be 2 issues with the 10ml plastic bottles I've experienced;

1) The labels don't stick very well on the plastic (it might be the texture), so I tend to sellotape them on extra when I get them. Makes them not look as nice!

2) The long thin 10ml plastic bottles are a pain to store on shelves in a nice way... I have a bunch standing up in a mug in my bathroom, and I really love the square bottles that can actually stand properly.

That's all PURELY on aesthetics, so not a big deal but just my 2c.

Yeah, the 10ml square bottles were handy for storage - but were very expensive! Changing to the current 10ml type knocked €3 off every split believe it or not!

Labels coming off - I'm aware of it. It's not the texture, it's the curvature of the bottle as it happens with the glass 10ml as well. I had hoped that having the bottles wrapped in Parafilm for days / weeks would make the label stay on but I guess not - will have to tape them I guess although I agree it's not as 'nice'. Ultimate fix is to change to different labels but I have a good lot of the current ones left.
    mrm wrote: »
    Question: Will the 20ml plastic bottles be same diameter as the 10ml but twice the height? Just askin cos I'm not very tall.

And the 10ml are horrible to store, they're like Kerry footballers- just constantly throwing themselves to the ground:eek: The spray is a little strong as well on the plastic bottles - the glass bottle ones are better balanced for controlling the spray amount.

20ml plastic would be slightly taller but a bit wider too (these will be coming regardless of any other volumes - they're ordered). I know that the plastic 10ml don't stand very well but in some ways I think that's almost better as you know it ain't going to work - whereas the glass 10ml look like they'll stand up but still fall over at the slightest provocation!I have seen people on other fora with a lot of similar plastic bottles use plastic racks in a drawer or similar - I'd imagine you'd find similar in Argos / Amazon. Plastic bottles definitely have a serious sprayer - go easy with them!

From my perspective, the best thing about those plastic bottles is their consistency - they're always spot on and are very easy to work with. Glass 10ml I find vary from batch to batch, even from the same supplier - I find I have to toss out 5 - 10% of them because they're dirty or the sprayer isn't sitting properly.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Thanks a lot Pat, mine arrived this morning.

Good packaging, took me a few minutes to undo, added to the suspense.

Really nice, had to pump the sprayer 4/5 times, then got a full wollop, one is plenty for normal wear.

I'd be happy with the 20ml plastic, don't see why not.

The 10ml are the same height as an iphone x as a guide.

cheers.

Oh that is nice...Pure White Cologne (Creed). Great packaging too Pat, was half expecting more considering the box was so big but the bottle is here in one piece, I think I am going to enjoy wearing this $995 fragrance

https://www.creedboutique.com/US/fragrance/re-pure-white-cologne/250ML

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Bada

Hi Pat, Interested in getting another Creed Aventus off you, and one other ?. What else have you in hand at the mo ?. Thanks.

Just a quick post to say another package received from Pat, everything perfectly and carefully wrapped. Thanks Pat, absolute legend.. I feel like the box could have fallen off a cliff and the contents would still be ok!

Mc Love wrote: »
    Oh that is nice...Pure White Cologne (Creed). Great packaging too Pat, was half expecting more considering the box was so big but the bottle is here in one piece, I think I am going to enjoy wearing this $995 fragrance
    Just received another $995 one from Creed's Royale Exclusives line yesterday - nice one for autumn! ;) Yeah, box is big for the single bottle alright but it's the smaller of two sizes I keep to hand.

Bada wrote: »
    Hi Pat, Interested in getting another Creed Aventus off you, and one other ?. What else have you in hand at the mo ?. Thanks.

Good for the Aventus. I actually won't be shipping anything more until August as I'm off for two weeks from Sunday (probably should have said that here earlier actually). I'll clear out whatever bits remain from the summer list (may just be the Musc Imperial, can't recall offhand) and a few odds and ends before sending out a new Autumn list mid August. I actually have a serious amount of stuff here already and have no doubt in saying the latter half of the year (and into Spring) will have the best line up I've ever done, with something for every budget - some old friends will be there, alongside some new heavy hitters and some future classics. Expect to see some great juice from:
    Amouage
    Aramis
    Atkinsons
    Berdoues
    Cartier
    Creed
    Etat Libre d'Orange
    Issey Miyake
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    Mancera
    Memo Paris
    Miller Harris
    Montale
    Parfums de Marly
    Parfums MDCI
    Penhaglion's
    Senteurs Gourmandes
    Serge Lutens
    Tiziana Terenzi
    Tom Ford
    Yves Saint Laurent.

Anything for the laydees in the pipeline?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I just tried a sample of Eight & Bob this evening and dang it’s nice. Any chance of that in a split? Cheeky I know. Have a great holiday btw!!

Mc Love wrote: »
    Anything for the laydees in the pipeline?
    Yip, bit of Clive Christian! (which I realise isn't on the list - whoops).
    I just tried a sample of Eight & Bob this evening and dang it’s nice. Any chance of that in a split? Cheeky I know. Have a great holiday btw!!
    I have a general eye open for a good deal on them but haven't really come across one TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Got my splits yesterday Pat, packaged with care and delighted with them - thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Expect to see some great juice from:
    Amouage
    Aramis
    Atkinsons
    Berdoues
    Cartier
    Creed
    Etat Libre d'Orange
    Issey Miyake
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    Mancera
    Memo Paris
    Miller Harris
    Montale
    Parfums de Marly
    Parfums MDCI
    Penhaglion's
    Senteurs Gourmandes
    Serge Lutens
    Tiziana Terenzi
    Tom Ford
    Yves Saint Laurent.

Now I gotta go Googling, FFS! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Just received another $995 one from Creed's Royale Exclusives line yesterday - nice one for autumn! ;) Yeah, box is big for the single bottle alright but it's the smaller of two sizes I keep to hand.

Good for the Aventus. I actually won't be shipping anything more until August as I'm off for two weeks from Sunday (probably should have said that here earlier actually). I'll clear out whatever bits remain from the summer list (may just be the Musc Imperial, can't recall offhand) and a few odds and ends before sending out a new Autumn list mid August. I actually have a serious amount of stuff here already and have no doubt in saying the latter half of the year (and into Spring) will have the best line up I've ever done, with something for every budget - some old friends will be there, alongside some new heavy hitters and some future classics. Expect to see some great juice from:
    Amouage
    Aramis
    Atkinsons
    Berdoues
    Cartier
    Creed
    Etat Libre d'Orange
    Issey Miyake
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    Mancera
    Memo Paris
    Miller Harris