Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Yep, and they seem to post tracking and then delete the history to make it look like the parcel has never moved an inch. I have two en route which have been marked as out for delivery on a certain day, then they don't arrive, then I log in and all the history is deleted and they're marked as just delayed...

My tracking hasnt updated since the 12th of December when it first arrived into Dublin having been in Tamworth UK.

Both of mine arrived this afternoon in the end.

Both of mine arrived this afternoon in the end.

How long did it take to get delivered from the point at which they hit Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

UPS Standard shipments to/from Ireland–Europe suspended:

Due to measures taken by the French government to temporarily close its border with the UK, UPS has temporarily suspended ground shipments between the UK/Ireland and continental Europe until further notice. UPS Express shipments are currently not impacted by these measures, but may be delayed to due an increase in volume. We continue to closely monitor the situation and have put contingency plans in place to minimize disruption for our customers. Customers wanting to know the status of their shipment can track their packages on UPS.com.

Hogzy wrote: »
    How long did it take to get delivered from the point at which they hit Dublin?

They were in Dublin on the 14th and arrived on the 20th. Hope yours surface soon!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Their tracking is gone to pot. Showed leaving Tamworth yesterday, arriving Dublin last night.
    Received email this morning stating delivery was due for tomorrow (Wednesday). Driver arrived at the door 10 minutes later.......

whiterebel wrote: »
    Their tracking is gone to pot. Showed leaving Tamworth yesterday, arriving Dublin last night.
    Received email this morning stating delivery was due for tomorrow (Wednesday). Driver arrived at the door 10 minutes later.......

They've added on an extra day to UPS Standard deliveries for the month of December. If my experience (both receiving and shipping) all parcels have still arrived within the usual timeframe, so one day early.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭yogmeister

Anybody else waiting on a package from UPS .Mine was supposed to be delivered on the 20th and when I check the tracking its saying Held at warehouse. At this stage it wont be arriving this side of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

yogmeister wrote: »
    Anybody else waiting on a package from UPS .Mine was supposed to be delivered on the 20th and when I check the tracking its saying Held at warehouse. At this stage it wont be arriving this side of Christmas.

Two of mine were held up due to the new UK covid variant but one flew through the system from Germany after a day or two, the other one is stuck in Poland and hasn’t budged.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Anyone know if UPS sell packaging stuff from their Dublin depot? I need to send a phone off for repair but only have the phone and a shipping label.

• Advertisement

Hey folks,

I have 3 packages being shipped through UPS at the moment. All originating from different countries (Germany, Netherlands and Slovenia). All packages have been making good progress the last few days but all of them have stalled at Corbeil Essonnes in France. After doing a bit of research it seems that it is a major UPS parcel hub just south of Paris. 2 of my parcels have shown as "Departed" from that facility for the last two days with no updates.

I have stuff shipped to me through UPS a lot and usually they're funneled through the UK but obviously post Brexit this is likely not going to be the case anymore so im guessing the parcels are on a truck that is either going from Cherbourg or Dunkirk to Dublin/Rosslare.

Does anyone else have parcels which are reading departed from Corbeil Essonnes in France without any further updates?

Hey folks,

I have 3 packages being shipped through UPS at the moment. All originating from different countries (Germany, Netherlands and Slovenia). All packages have been making good progress the last few days but all of them have stalled at Corbeil Essonnes in France. After doing a bit of research it seems that it is a major UPS parcel hub just south of Paris. 2 of my parcels have shown as "Departed" from that facility for the last two days with no updates.

I have stuff shipped to me through UPS a lot and usually they're funneled through the UK but obviously post Brexit this is likely not going to be the case anymore so im guessing the parcels are on a truck that is either going from Cherbourg or Dunkirk to Dublin/Rosslare.

Does anyone else have parcels which are reading departed from Corbeil Essonnes in France without any further updates?

I have a parcel from Germany that arrived at Corbeil Essonnes this morning. I'll let you know when the tracking updates. My scheduled delivery date is Tuesday next week so they seem to be allowing themselves a lot of time.

It's certainly looks possible that it will come direct to Ireland from France. UPS from Germany always went straight to Stanford-le-Hope then Tamworth before.

When are your scheduled delivery dates? I imagine Paris to Dublin may take quite a while. Tamworth to Dublin usually takes around 16 hours.

VG31 wrote: »
    I have a parcel from Germany that arrived at Corbeil Essonnes this morning. I'll let you know when the tracking updates. My scheduled delivery date is Tuesday next week so they seem to be allowing themselves a lot of time.

It's certainly looks possible that it will come direct to Ireland from France. UPS from Germany always went straight to Stanford-le-Hope then Tamworth before.

When are your scheduled delivery dates? I imagine Paris to Dublin may take quite a while. Tamworth to Dublin usually takes around 16 hours.

One of my scheduled delivery dates was today and that parcel is showing as departed from Corbeil Essonnes since Monday. Just wanted to check what timeframes people were getting between departure from Corbeil Essonnes to delivery/arrival in Ireland. The ferry sailing itself is around 24hrs between Dunkirk and Rosslare.

Youre correct, all my previous stuff would have landed in Stanford-le-Hope and then move on to Tamworth and id usually get delivery within 24hrs of the parcel departing tamworth. Iv been reading that a lot of freight companies are avoiding the UK altogether at the moment and are trialling France to Ireland direct ferry services.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DeadWeight

Hey all got an invoice from ups that I need to pay... Invoice gave a number to call but apparently there closed but are open from 9 am to 5:30pm. Can I send the money to the address on this invoice letter? Or do it online.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

DeadWeight wrote: »
      Hey all got an invoice from ups that I need to pay... Invoice gave a number to call but apparently there closed but are open from 9 am to 5:30pm. Can I send the money to the address on this invoice letter? Or do it online.

You need to ring them and give them CC details. They are working from home.

1. Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DeadWeight

whiterebel wrote: »

You need to ring them and give them CC details. They are working from home.

Thanks when I rang them tho it says the department is closed but open from 9 to 5:30

1. Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Thanks when I rang them tho it says the department is closed but open from 9 to 5:30

Did you call between 9 and 5:30?

2. Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DeadWeight

Did you call between 9 and 5:30?

Ya had to ring billing department but the voice message said there open from 9 to 12 so have to wait till tomorrow

3. Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DeadWeight

Rang em this morning and was told I could not pay over the phone? Man on the phone said I can pay online but doesn't know how..

4. Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Rang em this morning and was told I could not pay over the phone? Man on the phone said I can pay online but doesn't know how..

You might be better off going on to the USP website and get the number for customer service. They should know. Its ridiculous carry on from them.

5. Advertisement
      6. Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭yogmeister

Ups are an absolute disaster at the moment. They will just keep passing you around .nobody working there seems to know what's going on . A joke of a company .

7. Registered Users Posts: 8 alohamora

Any news from those expecting a parcel leaving Corbeil-Essonnes? Was scheduled for next Wednesday but curious how long the ferry crossing will take.

8. Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DeadWeight

yogmeister wrote: »
        Ups are an absolute disaster at the moment. They will just keep passing you around .nobody working there seems to know what's going on . A joke of a company .

That's what it seems like the last guy told me something and I couldn't understand I said "wait what?" then hung up the phone.

9. Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

alohamora wrote: »
        Any news from those expecting a parcel leaving Corbeil-Essonnes? Was scheduled for next Wednesday but curious how long the ferry crossing will take.

I have a delivery scheduled for Tuesday. It departed Corbeil Essonnes on Wednesday evening. I'll post again when the tracking updates.

10. Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

alohamora wrote: »

It seems to take 2 days to arrive into Dublin depot after departing from Corbeil Essonnes. That has been the case for two of my parcels. Its a fairly long drive from Paris to Dunkirk/Cherbourg and then its 18-24hrs on a ferry to Rosslare/Dublin and then presumably there are delays on the Irish side getting stuff into the depot so 48hrs seems about right. I doubt it will get quicker than that unless they start using the UK landbridge but even then, that will add different delays with customs etc

I cant believe the brits voted for this carryon.

Example of one parcel.
        Departed Corbeill Essonnes at 20:05 - 4 Jan 2021
        Next scan was Finglas, Dublin at 17:30 - 6 Jan 2021

11. Registered Users Posts: 8 alohamora

It seems to take 2 days to arrive into Dublin depot after departing from Corbeil Essonnes. That has been the case for two of my parcels. Its a fairly long drive from Paris to Dunkirk/Cherbourg and then its 18-24hrs on a ferry to Rosslare/Dublin and then presumably there are delays on the Irish side getting stuff into the depot so 48hrs seems about right. I doubt it will get quicker than that unless they start using the UK landbridge but even then, that will add different delays with customs etc

I cant believe the brits voted for this carryon.

Example of one parcel.

Ah cheers. Will let ye know if mine follows the same route and duration and if so, that will probably be the new norm.

12. Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cdemess

So I got a €45 invoice for a £15 book delivered to me from a friend. No break down of costs and as they only work until 12:30 I’ll have to phone them on Monday.

13. Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DeadWeight

Cdemess wrote: »
        So I got a €45 invoice for a £15 book delivered to me from a friend. No break down of costs and as they only work until 12:30 I’ll have to phone them on Monday.

Good Luck with the call I had to talk to like 3/4 people and got hung up on so I paid through the bank with the bank details they had at the bottom

14. Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

Example of one parcel.

My parcel was the same - about 2 days.

2021-01-08 19:00
        Finglas, Ireland, Arrived at Facility

2021-01-06 18:10
        Corbeil Essonnes, France, Departed from Facility

15. Advertisement
      16. Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

VG31 wrote: »
        My parcel was the same - about 2 days.

2021-01-08 19:00

2021-01-06 18:10

Second parcel just scanned at Finglas now, only 41hrs in transit this time:

2021-01-08 18:00

2021-01-07 01:16

Advertisement