Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,842 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Passing fads.
    Latest is the coffee dock in a horse box one.
    Serving coffees from a thing horses once shat and pissed all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Finding out that someone I lost contact with a few years ago has passed away. I've no right to grieve since I never made the effort to reconnect, but I'm beyond annoyed with myself for always thinking there was more time to do it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,508 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Arranged my day to fit around thr utd v Liverpool. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

After hearing great things about Line of Duty and in need of a boxset, I started watching it last night with a friend of mine.
    Midway through the first episode, I was lost. I felt like the writers expected us to fill in alot of gaps about the characters and storyline. I didn't wanna look stupid so when my friend asked if I knew what was going on I said yep.
    A few minutes later he said well I don't, are you sure you put on season one, episode one? I insisted I had but after he made me check I realised I had put on season 5 episode 1.
    TA that i not only wasted time too proud to admit i hadn't a clue what was going on, ive now ruined the show cos ive prematurely unveiled character twists that i shouldn't know about!
    No more Line of Duty for me till I learn how to not be a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

People who talk about things happening "on accident". I've seen & heard it several times this week, it seems to be a thing now. (The correct phrase is "by accident".)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I can only assume for the same reason they paved over their entire garden - some people just see nature as a massive - in some cases even distasteful - inconvenience to them. I don't understand it at all.

Because gardening is a joyless, boring, filthy pain in the hoop. The results are not worth the effort for me. I'd rather declaw cats. If I owned, I'd have a paved garden, no question. The small amount of weeding that would go with that would be my limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

bnt wrote: »
    People who talk about things happening "on accident". I've seen & heard it several times this week, it seems to be a thing now. (The correct phrase is "by accident".)

It’s a weird one alright. Been around for awhile and never easy to hear. Did it come about because of people thinking the opposite to ‘on purpose’ would be ‘on accident’?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Porklife wrote: »
    No more Line of Duty for me till I learn how to not be a moron.

Looking at that sort of stuff rots the brain. The only way to breakout of it is not look at it :p

bnt wrote: »

In regards to. When someone uses that in an email to me, I instantly lose all respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Mini rant. I went to the local shop this evening for a cylinder of gas. About 20 young lads sitting on a wall, having the craic, all of them way bigger than me. Not one offered me a hand in putting the full cylinder in the car. What sort of selfish inconsiderate articles are being reared out there.

• Advertisement

Had a row with OH and he stormed off to bed and I can hear him snoring. Raging, because I'm really in the mood for finishing it! And not in a "let's get rid of the conflict" way but more just "I'm still really angry and I'd like to shout more at someone".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Antares35 wrote: »
    Had a row with OH and he stormed off to bed and I can hear him snoring. Raging, because I'm really in the mood for finishing it! And not in a "let's get rid of the conflict" way but more just "I'm still really angry and I'd like to shout more at someone".

I think our world is in sync because I just stormed off after having a row with my OH. She's gone to bed though I'm in my own room, sulking. :pac:

I think our world is in sync because I just stormed off after having a row with my OH. She's gone to bed though I'm in my own room, sulking. :pac:

Has your dog let off a stinker too? Mine just did, and looked hurt and confused when I gave out to her. I know, in her mind she's thinking she hasn't done anything "wrong", but still Jesus sake dog, I feel sick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Antares35 wrote: »
    Has your dog let off a stinker too? Mine just did, and looked hurt and confused when I gave out to her. I know, in her mind she's thinking she hasn't done anything "wrong", but still Jesus sake dog, I feel sick :(

He followed her up so god knows :pac:

He followed her up so god knows :pac:

Little feckin traitor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

People in supermarkets who spend time wiping the handles on their shopping basket and then drop the tissue into the basket below

• Registered Users Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ta that I cant find the late late show thread for last saturday.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

blade1 wrote: »
    Guilty as charged! :D
    Want him as a roommate?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Bredabe wrote: »
    Ta that I cant find the late late show thread for last saturday.

Will last Fridays' one do? :D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058182107

Seven Worlds will Collide

Lol! showing my age there, thanks for the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

When you're on a train and a bunch of loudmouth scumbags sit close to you. It's especially worse if there are plenty of empty seats in the carriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,413 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Got absolutely soaked walking the dog earlier. Had rain gear on but I just steamed under it. Am gross now.

They say cat people are crazy but we're the only saps out in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,297 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I had a terrible dream last night that I was back at Secondary School. They are always my worst dreams for some reason. I generally end up feeling grumpy for a bit of the day after having one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,413 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Also, irrational and/or illogical people.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,873 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

When you're on a train and a bunch of loudmouth scumbags sit close to you. It's especially worse if there are plenty of empty seats in the carriage.

You see them walking down your platform from your seat, looking in the window of your carriage, hen or stags or just loudmouth wànkers, if you are tired / hungover yourself you just wonder if you’d be better going to the bar and waiting for the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I remember being on the Limerick-Dublin train many years ago with a bunch of students squashed into the seats just behind me, methodically going though every single ringtone on each of their phones at full volume, trying to find the "best" one.

I got a car soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Archeron

Stupid pot noodley type foods. Mugshot spicey madras is like a combination of lenor and domestos.

Calling spouses ‘hubby’ or ‘herself’, and worse still, calling kids ‘smallies’. The latter drives me up the wall

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Horrible weather but I do like a cozy night in with a film. I chose Red Heat. I get about 10 minutes in before trying the subtitles as Netflix doesn't have any for the Russian portions of the film. They appear if I enable the subtitles but now I'm constantly switching them on and off whereas if this were broadcast on telly, there'd only be subtitles for the Russian. Eurgh.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Having to go around closing all the windows the missus likes to leave open all day then complains about the house been cold

Advertisement