Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

HSE assuming everyone has internet or internet skills.
    Sib has a jab date for the weekend, they send a link to the patient information booklet with the message, he's completely computer illiterate and they refuse to give him a hard copy of the info.

The person on the phone tried to calm the situation by saying it was the wrong no and that no one had ever asked for this before! mmm, they just did the elderly, so I doubt no one at all asked for a hard copy.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Some gimp vaping on an e-scooter, taken up the road when there’s a, perfectly good, cycle lane right there.

There's an equally gimpy fella in the morning on my way to the bus stop who uses one of those monowheel things and smokes at the same time, trundling along leaving a stench of filthy tobacco smoke in his wake.

TA'd that my heel and ankle are sore for the last 4 weeks and I'm worried in case it's actually radiant sciatica pain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Bredabe wrote: »
    HSE assuming everyone has internet or internet skills.
    Sib has a jab date for the weekend, they send a link to the patient information booklet with the message, he's completely computer illiterate and they refuse to give him a hard copy of the info.

The person on the phone tried to calm the situation by saying it was the wrong no and that no one had ever asked for this before! mmm, they just did the elderly, so I doubt no one at all asked for a hard copy.

I was handed a hard copy when i registered to get my first dose of the jab. I had enough time to read it while I waited to get the jab itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I was handed a hard copy when i registered to get my first dose of the jab. I had enough time to read it while I waited to get the jab itself.
    Was that in the location you got the jab?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Was that in the location you got the jab?

Yes. Had to go in and register before the jab. was given a hardcopy of the vaccine information. then joined the queue for the jab itself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

My ex butters her toast and then wipes the knife on the rim of the butter tub after buttering the toast. So the rim of the tub of butter-spread ends up covered with burned toast crumbs and then it goes back into the fridge. After a while there would be tiny specs of mould on it.
    Brutal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My dad is cooking dinner. So we're getting soup at about 10pm, with every utensil in the kitchen used and then fired in the general direction of the sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dial Hard wrote: »
    My dad is cooking dinner. So we're getting soup at about 10pm, with every utensil in the kitchen used and then fired in the general direction of the sink.

OK so the chowder was actually really tasty but I'm still a bit "Where's my main course???" Was awake at 5am (not through choice), walked almost 11km today and other than a slice of toast at 2.30 haven't eaten all day so am kind of in the "remorseless eating machine" neighbourhood right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Your man who ran An Bothar charity, admitting he pocketed hundreds of thousands of cash for himself, and the judge is still giving him time to admit his activities.
    If i robbed 200k id be arrested and charged straight away. Is this guy even going to be arrested?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Vogue Williams mouth. She always has her mouth wide open for some reason. There is a new fairy ad she is in and she just looks weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Vogue Williams mouth. She always has her mouth wide open for some reason. There is a new fairy ad she is in and she just looks weird.

I can't stand her, all i can see is mouth, it's like a cave. Her name being Vogue annoys me as much as her big gob.

Porklife wrote: »
    I can't stand her, all i can see is mouth, it's like a cave. Her name being Vogue annoys me as much as her big gob.

to be fair that is her parents fault not hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

to be fair that is her parents fault not hers.

doesn't make it any less trivially annoying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

My wife washed the drip tray from our new air fryer last week. It was left in the draining rack along with a load of washed recyclable plastic, tetrapaks etc. I brought the draining rack out to the green bin that night and it appears I chucked in everything that was on it.

Green bin was collected yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

OH sitting in front of me slurping and nursing a hot lemon drink and sniffling into tissues, while I try to get ahead on some work. Just go to bed! And stop complaining to a heavily pregnant woman with SPD, hormones and anxiety, about your man cold! I even subtly said to him, "you know you should maybe go to bed and try to sleep it off" (read, if you don't get out of the kitchen soon I'll kill you) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Your man who ran An Bothar charity, admitting he pocketed hundreds of thousands of cash for himself, and the judge is still giving him time to admit his activities.
    If i robbed 200k id be arrested and charged straight away. Is this guy even going to be arrested?

Imagine his trip to court:

"Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?"

Porklife wrote: »

This! Her flat upper lip! There was me thinking I was the only one annoyed by that. I love how the TA thread is guaranteed to find your kindred spirits!

NewRed2 wrote: »
    My ex butters her toast and then wipes the knife on the rim of the butter tub after buttering the toast. So the rim of the tub of butter-spread ends up covered with burned toast crumbs and then it goes back into the fridge. After a while there would be tiny specs of mould on it.
    Brutal :)

well that explains why they are your ex.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

well that explains why they are your ex.

Yeah but he said 'butters' not 'buttered' so me thinkies they could be still an item.

(I really need to get a life)

Yeah but he said 'butters' not 'buttered' so me thinkies they could be still an item.

(I really need to get a life)

well presumably they still do it. You don't wipe that stain from your soul easily.

• Advertisement

well presumably they still do it. You don't wipe that stain from your soul easily.

I'll pray for her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Incredibly trivial but we keep a spreadsheet in work as a way of updating what we're doing each day when we work from home. It's usually bull**** but the boss likes to have it. I maintain it and create new tabs for each week etc. Nothing too stressful.
    We've a bank holiday next Monday and I've just noticed that one of the team has put in 'Bank Holiday' on her own line but not bothered copying and pasting it to everyone else's line too. It is maybe the most stupid thing I've ever gotten annoyed about but it's really bothered me. Was she just being lazy and couldn't be bothered filling it in for everyone else? Or is it a passive aggressive thing she's doing? Or does she think I enjoy doing these things and wanted to leave it for me to have a little thrill? Or did it not even cross her mind (most likely)? I'm annoyed at myself being so annoyed at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Imagine his trip to court:

"Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?"

Bravo, just brilliant

Now I need a cloth to wipe coffee splutters off my iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The rain after some lovely sunny weather.

Too dreary for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I've started an online course. It's set up to be online rather than covid imposed so it's very organised.

There's a few different forums for different purposes.... here lies the issue.

Obviously as it's all online we need to stay on top of conversations etc. So I log in ,in the morning and at night...each time there's about 20 new messages...grand ...then you realise 80% are from the one student commenting on everything....it's great you are enthusiastic but please step away from the keyboard.

Then you have the technical forum, female student asks question..female tutor answers , male student tells them they are wrong and his approach is better. .....give me strength.

I'm actually into the course but I'm so glad I don't have to deal with this nonsense in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

The term "use case".

"You could get gloss or silk paint - It depends on your use case".
    "I'm not going to buy that cheese - it doesn't fit my particular use case"
    "For my use case, I need cotton socks"

WTF? It's appearing everywhere over the past year.

You're just discussing options in daily life.

You're not a solution architect producing a UML diagram describing the interactions between an "actor" and a "system".

It's not a bloody "use case", it's a preference or at best a need.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I was looking forward to an expansion pack for one of my games which was released yesterday. For nearly £20 you basically got a load of unbalanced features and bugs and now the developers are getting it on forums while the people who had the developers wheel this thing out in an unfit state get off scot free.

Worst bit is that some people seem to think that death threats are a justified response.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

The rain after some lovely sunny weather.

Too dreary for my liking.

No rain in lovely by the Lee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Archeron

I was looking forward to an expansion pack for one of my games which was released yesterday. For nearly £20 you basically got a load of unbalanced features and bugs and now the developers are getting it on forums while the people who had the developers wheel this thing out in an unfit state get off scot free.

Worst bit is that some people seem to think that death threats are a justified response.

I think when the EA games launch of online SimCity went tits up, the whole planet warmed by about a degree with all the boiling rage.

TA that ea games killed my favourite game of all time.

• Advertisement

My cat is due in UCD next week for surgery and they originally quoted 800-900 euro. Now suddenly it's 1500. Wtf? How? How does a price just jump 700 euro? And when I queried it, I was made to feel like a cheapo skinflint who doesn't want what's best for her. Where do they expect people to just magic together the extra money? What if I was on the PUP for example?

TA gougers

Advertisement