Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    A pillowcase whose opening is in the middle and not the end like a normal pillowcase. What moron thought that was a good design choice? Did they even attempt to put that on a pillow?

Even worse is a duvet cover where the opening is only half way across the end leaving a tiny little gap where you have to squish the duvet it and then all but follow it into the cover to straighten it out .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Even worse is a duvet cover where the opening is only half way across the end leaving a tiny little gap where you have to squish the duvet it and then all but follow it into the cover to straighten it out .

That is panic attack inducing! I'd be tempted to cut it and just staple it together instead of dealing with that nonsense.

TA i live by myself and I'm really doing anything at the moment but there always seems to be a pile of laundry to do and im constantly hoovering and dusting. Its by no means a mansion either but chores seem never ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Porklife wrote: »
    That is panic attack inducing! I'd be tempted to cut it and just staple it together instead of dealing with that nonsense.

TA i live by myself and I'm really doing anything at the moment but there always seems to be a pile of laundry to do and im constantly hoovering and dusting. Its by no means a mansion either but chores seem never ending.

You're nesting.....that phenomena never happened to me, I could lie on the couch oblivious to the world around me

You're nesting.....that phenomena never happened to me, I could lie on the couch oblivious to the world around me

I'm constantly running (waddling) around and hanging pictures etc...ooh i must move that bookshelf slightly to the right..hmm looked better a centimetre to the left, I'll move it back and polish the wine glasses instead even though im not using them and then ill organise all my books in alphabetical order...then back again:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'm constantly running (waddling) around and hanging pictures etc...ooh i must move that bookshelf slightly to the right..hmm looked better a centimetre to the left, I'll move it back and polish the wine glasses instead even though im not using them and then ill organise all my books in alphabetical order...then back again:p

Hormones are mad things altogether :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Already a mile clear in the cringiest county stakes, Mayo people have now made Mayo day (today supposedly) to celebrate all things failure in the weirdest way. Harmless I suppose but still

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

TA'd that doorbell just rang for the fourth time today by door to door sellers - two gardeners, driveway powerwashing, gutters cleaned. Half thinking of putting up a big No Thanks sign. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭blade1

TA'd that doorbell just rang for the fourth time today by door to door sellers - two gardeners, driveway powerwashing, gutters cleaned. Half thinking of putting up a big No Thanks sign. :D:D

Just put"covid isolating" on a sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,820 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

blade1 wrote: »
    Just put"covid isolating" on a sign.

They’d probably offer to deep clean your house!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Nesting,trying to get everything in order before baby arrives.Hopefully you wont be waiting to long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Be right back

Went to a beach in West Cork the other day which had plenty of free spaces in its car park. Why then had loads of people decided to park on the road?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Overuse of the term "circa" on house advertisements. It's circa 30 miles to Dublin, built on circa an acre, built circa twenty years ago, floor space circa 200 square metres.

Please get out of my way while I mortgage the rest of my good working years on your circa house!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My knee is banjaxed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

My folding set of hex keys fell apart. The bolt that loosened needs to be tightened with - a hex key.

Went to a beach in West Cork the other day which had plenty of free spaces in its car park. Why then had loads of people decided to park on the road?!

Was it The Warren? I was there today and it was very quiet, cars all over the place last weekend.

I'm bored, it's hard to believe that with loads of channels there's just nothing on that I'd watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Be right back

Was it The Warren? I was there today and it was very quiet, cars all over the place last weekend.

I'm bored, it's hard to believe that with loads of channels there's just nothing on that I'd watch.

Long strand, just up from the Warren really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Left a voicemail message for a driving instructor. He texts me back a few minutes later to say he can't talk at the moment because he is in the middle of a lesson and lists dates he is available.

What kind of sh*tty driving instructor checks his voicemail and send texts in the middle of a lesson.

Left a voicemail message for a driving instructor. He texts me back a few minutes later to say he can't talk at the moment because he is in the middle of a lesson and lists dates he is available.

What kind of sh*tty driving instructor checks his voicemail and send texts in the middle of a lesson.

It's fairly common in my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,535 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Money talks.

TA another boring bank holiday weekend, I should be out partying somewhere.

• Advertisement

I've lost two salmon fillets. I'm certain I brought them home but I can't find them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Passing fads.
    Latest is the coffee dock in a horse box one.
    Serving coffees from a thing horses once shat and pissed all over.

Finding out that someone I lost contact with a few years ago has passed away. I've no right to grieve since I never made the effort to reconnect, but I'm beyond annoyed with myself for always thinking there was more time to do it. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,557 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Arranged my day to fit around thr utd v Liverpool. :(

After hearing great things about Line of Duty and in need of a boxset, I started watching it last night with a friend of mine.
    Midway through the first episode, I was lost. I felt like the writers expected us to fill in alot of gaps about the characters and storyline. I didn't wanna look stupid so when my friend asked if I knew what was going on I said yep.
    A few minutes later he said well I don't, are you sure you put on season one, episode one? I insisted I had but after he made me check I realised I had put on season 5 episode 1.
    TA that i not only wasted time too proud to admit i hadn't a clue what was going on, ive now ruined the show cos ive prematurely unveiled character twists that i shouldn't know about!
    No more Line of Duty for me till I learn how to not be a moron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭bnt

People who talk about things happening "on accident". I've seen & heard it several times this week, it seems to be a thing now. (The correct phrase is "by accident".)

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I can only assume for the same reason they paved over their entire garden - some people just see nature as a massive - in some cases even distasteful - inconvenience to them. I don't understand it at all.

Because gardening is a joyless, boring, filthy pain in the hoop. The results are not worth the effort for me. I'd rather declaw cats. If I owned, I'd have a paved garden, no question. The small amount of weeding that would go with that would be my limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,025 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

bnt wrote: »
    People who talk about things happening "on accident". I've seen & heard it several times this week, it seems to be a thing now. (The correct phrase is "by accident".)

It’s a weird one alright. Been around for awhile and never easy to hear. Did it come about because of people thinking the opposite to ‘on purpose’ would be ‘on accident’?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

No more Line of Duty for me till I learn how to not be a moron.

Looking at that sort of stuff rots the brain. The only way to breakout of it is not look at it :p

bnt wrote: »

In regards to. When someone uses that in an email to me, I instantly lose all respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Mini rant. I went to the local shop this evening for a cylinder of gas. About 20 young lads sitting on a wall, having the craic, all of them way bigger than me. Not one offered me a hand in putting the full cylinder in the car. What sort of selfish inconsiderate articles are being reared out there.

• Advertisement

Had a row with OH and he stormed off to bed and I can hear him snoring. Raging, because I'm really in the mood for finishing it! And not in a "let's get rid of the conflict" way but more just "I'm still really angry and I'd like to shout more at someone".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Antares35 wrote: »
    Had a row with OH and he stormed off to bed and I can hear him snoring. Raging, because I'm really in the mood for finishing it! And not in a "let's get rid of the conflict" way but more just "I'm still really angry and I'd like to shout more at someone".

I think our world is in sync because I just stormed off after having a row with my OH. She's gone to bed though I'm in my own room, sulking. :pac:

I think our world is in sync because I just stormed off after having a row with my OH. She's gone to bed though I'm in my own room, sulking. :pac:

Has your dog let off a stinker too? Mine just did, and looked hurt and confused when I gave out to her. I know, in her mind she's thinking she hasn't done anything "wrong", but still Jesus sake dog, I feel sick :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Antares35 wrote: »
    Has your dog let off a stinker too? Mine just did, and looked hurt and confused when I gave out to her. I know, in her mind she's thinking she hasn't done anything "wrong", but still Jesus sake dog, I feel sick :(

He followed her up so god knows :pac:

He followed her up so god knows :pac:

Little feckin traitor :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

People in supermarkets who spend time wiping the handles on their shopping basket and then drop the tissue into the basket below

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ta that I cant find the late late show thread for last saturday.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

blade1 wrote: »
    Guilty as charged! :D
    Want him as a roommate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Bredabe wrote: »
    Ta that I cant find the late late show thread for last saturday.

Will last Fridays' one do? :D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058182107

Seven Worlds will Collide

Lol! showing my age there, thanks for the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

When you're on a train and a bunch of loudmouth scumbags sit close to you. It's especially worse if there are plenty of empty seats in the carriage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Got absolutely soaked walking the dog earlier. Had rain gear on but I just steamed under it. Am gross now.

They say cat people are crazy but we're the only saps out in that.

I had a terrible dream last night that I was back at Secondary School. They are always my worst dreams for some reason. I generally end up feeling grumpy for a bit of the day after having one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Also, irrational and/or illogical people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,811 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

When you're on a train and a bunch of loudmouth scumbags sit close to you. It's especially worse if there are plenty of empty seats in the carriage.

You see them walking down your platform from your seat, looking in the window of your carriage, hen or stags or just loudmouth wànkers, if you are tired / hungover yourself you just wonder if you’d be better going to the bar and waiting for the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I remember being on the Limerick-Dublin train many years ago with a bunch of students squashed into the seats just behind me, methodically going though every single ringtone on each of their phones at full volume, trying to find the "best" one.

I got a car soon after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭Archeron

Stupid pot noodley type foods. Mugshot spicey madras is like a combination of lenor and domestos.

Calling spouses ‘hubby’ or ‘herself’, and worse still, calling kids ‘smallies’. The latter drives me up the wall

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Horrible weather but I do like a cozy night in with a film. I chose Red Heat. I get about 10 minutes in before trying the subtitles as Netflix doesn't have any for the Russian portions of the film. They appear if I enable the subtitles but now I'm constantly switching them on and off whereas if this were broadcast on telly, there'd only be subtitles for the Russian. Eurgh.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Having to go around closing all the windows the missus likes to leave open all day then complains about the house been cold

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement