Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I really hope it’s not the RDS. Hated it for Pink this year. Although having said that, no doubt when the announcement comes I’ll be straight inline for tickets!

Saw them twice great shows but tbh this new tour looks very similar tbh

Remember marley park had a great support bill

Seen a lot of bands the last few years who are touring/may be touring again in the future. With ticket prices nowadays you will have to pick and choose

Garth Brooks needs to come back and put that farce behind us but not counting on it tbh. Hes making his $$ stateside

Yeah The Darkness were great. Could’ve done without Bob G. & Co., thought they (mostly pre-show refreshments Bob) were awful tbh.

I never thought I’d ever hear Queen songs performed live by Queen so I’ll be going to as many gigs of theirs that I can while they’re still touring.

Can’t see Garth coming here anytime soon tbh, that whole episode was an absolute shambles and he’s too proud to come back and try again for less shows I’d imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,863 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Yeah The Darkness were great. Could’ve done without Bob G. & Co., thought they (mostly pre-show refreshments Bob) were awful tbh.

I never thought I’d ever hear Queen songs performed live by Queen so I’ll be going to as many gigs of theirs that I can while they’re still touring.

Can’t see Garth coming here anytime soon tbh, that whole episode was an absolute shambles and he’s too much of a control freak to come back and try again for less shows I’d imagine.

FYP

I genuinely thought the boomtown rats were the highlight of the gig last year, and I'm a massive queen/darkness fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,883 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can’t see Garth coming here anytime soon tbh, that whole episode was an absolute shambles and he’s too proud to come back and try again for less shows I’d imagine.

I quite like Bob and the rats that day but his rants were quite annoying

Brooks need to told about our law and that he can't. He made some fool of himself around the time of trying to get them back on. He could easily come here and do a nationwide tour and still make millions. A cowboy indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Saw them twice great shows but tbh this new tour looks very similar tbh

Remember marley park had a great support bill

Seen a lot of bands the last few years who are touring/may be touring again in the future. With ticket prices nowadays you will have to pick and choose

Garth Brooks needs to come back and put that farce behind us but not counting on it tbh. Hes making his $$$ stateside
    Yeah, can you imagine he doesn't come back? It'll be the greatest national tragedy since Cromwell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

the-who-5.jpg

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Banatamon

• Registered Users Posts: 45 whitneytfc

Irish dates incoming I assume 35eed97401cc1448118b290603aeec8d-full.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

whitneytfc wrote: »
    Irish dates incoming I assume 35eed97401cc1448118b290603aeec8d-full.jpg

PuC date on Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

1975 3arena March 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Banatamon

bennyl10 wrote: »
    PuC date on Monday

Looks like a poster for a new Star Trek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,104 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

will they really fill Wembley?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 whitneytfc

loyatemu wrote: »
    will they really fill Wembley?

Yeah, I don't see it happening considering they toured the UK last year. Maybe if they promote it hard on all of the Morning Shows and the Irish expats show up they will get a decent crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,104 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

extra Supergrass date added @ the Olympia, Sat. 15th Feb (the Friday gig seems to be sold out).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Serious amount of gigs after been announced in the last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Serious amount of gigs after been announced in the last week

Then a brief break for 11 or 12 weeks before the absolute onslaught in early December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

loyatemu wrote: »
    extra Supergrass date added @ the Olympia, Sat. 15th Feb (the Friday gig seems to be sold out).

strange, apparently only the gigs that are going to be real strugglers to sell get put on here at weekends, with easy sell-outs put on during the week for us gullible Paddys, according to a few posters on here.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭Zardoz

strange, apparently only the gigs that are going to be real strugglers to sell get put on here at weekends, with easy sell-outs put on during the week for us gullible Paddys, according to a few posters on here.... :rolleyes:

Its largely the rule yes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,821 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Westlife it is apparently for the Pairc Ui Caoimh announcement tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how it sells after the 5 Belfast gigs and 2 gigs in Dublin earlier in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Eod100 wrote: »
    Westlife it is apparently for the Pairc Ui Caoimh announcement tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how it sells after the 5 Belfast gigs and 2 gigs in Dublin earlier in the summer.
    It will sell out no problem theres no doubt about that. Ive a feeling that they will add a second "due to phenomenal demand" if it sells out , its a shame that not one decent act has played in there since its re-development all safe bets unfortunately why couldn't they have added a green day gig down here would of done very well

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »

Ladies weekend away/hens etc will sell this and the mega fans

As the other poster said safe bets for this venue

We might see Bruce and/or u2 play there down the line but its doubtful. Seems a place for family friendly acts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,821 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

We might see Bruce and/or u2 play there down the line but its doubtful. Seems a place for family friendly acts

Ah ueah, was just thinking there might have been pent up demand for this year's ones as hadn't toured in a few years. But yeah say it should sell out either way! Hopefully Bruce comes back alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Wasnt last year their fareweill tour? :rolleyes:

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Wasnt last year their fareweill tour? :rolleyes:
    Its the make as much money as possible tour at this stage , would you blame them though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

ATN crowd will be happy.....

Black Midi
    Button Factory
    14th February 2020

Perfect romantic night out :pac:

Simply Red October 13th 2020.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,029 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Simply Red October 13th 2020.....
    A full year away for Simply Red..

.. probably no need to be holding back the year! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Basq wrote: »
    A full year away for Simply Red..

.. probably no need to be holding back the year! :pac:

Need to announce it and get ticket revenue in now. Money's too tight to mention. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Stars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

The HU are playing The Academy 16th Feb, gig announced this morning..

Bitta Mongolian Folk Rock, sure why not

I've really enjoyed these guys this year, might pop along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I thought they were a tribute band of the Who

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I thought they were a tribute band of the Who

They are not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Westlife was the big act for Cork. Ffs couldn't they do any better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

rob316 wrote: »
    Westlife was the big act for Cork. Ffs couldn't they do any better?

It'll be a big seller. I'm sure that's all MCD and the Pairc care about. I've no interest but it'll be a hit.

I just hope that it's the start of a longer running partnership that might see some more decent shows down the line. MCD can pull from a bigger pool than Aiken, who had previously run the Pairc shows.

It'll be a big seller. I'm sure that's all MCD and the Pairc care about. I've no interest but it'll be a hit.

I just hope that it's the start of a longer running partnership that might see some more decent shows down the line. MCD can pull from a bigger pool than Aiken, who had previously run the Pairc shows.
    In fairness they are actually brining lots of acts to Cork the Independent park dates were a big success last year they nearly all sold out apart from Lauryn Hill. Im hoping that they just bring a band like Muse , pumpkins or some act of that calibre , thing is with Cork gigs is that they will nearly always sell out cause of the novelty of it being in Cork. As long as they dont keep putting Safe bets in there then ill put up with the odd act like Westlife I wonder how many gigs they are allowed to put in there as far as I know local residents do get to go to the gigs held in there. It could be for acts that arent just big enough to be put in Croker but bigger than the rds

System of a down touring Europe next year. Would love a show here

Aviva stadium most likely out of the running for concerts in 2020 due to the euros but never knw as the matches will be done and dusted by the end of June

Croke Park will prob host some but really depends on who's touring and if there big enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,486 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It will sell out no problem theres no doubt about that. Ive a feeling that they will add a second "due to phenomenal demand" if it sells out , its a shame that not one decent act has played in there since its re-development all safe bets unfortunately why couldn't they have added a green day gig down here would of done very well

I'm hoping Coldplay for Cork

I'd say Westlife will do 2 Cork dates

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm hoping Coldplay for Cork

I'd say Westlife will do 2 Cork dates
    I can't see that happening just because of the fact that they can shift 80,000 tickets in a couple of minutes at Croke , why would they downgrade to only sell half that amount in pairc uí caoimh, personally id love to see Coldplay at Slane i think they would sell it out no problem. Is there actually any news/rumours on who is actually going to play Croke Park next year? What big acts are even touring next year who would actually sell the place out.

I can't see that happening just because of the fact that they can shift 80,000 tickets in a couple of minutes at Croke , why would they downgrade to only sell half that amount in pairc uaoimh, personally id love to see Coldplay at Slane i think they would sell it out no problem. Is there actually any news/rumours on who is actually going to play Croke Park next year? What big acts are even touring next year who would actually sell the place out.

BTS :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Sturgill Simpson playing Vicar St on Feb 1st

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    BTS :p

Who or what the hell is BTS ??

Ac/dc may be touring next year and will probably headline Slane

Who or what the hell is BTS ??

Ac/dc may be touring next year and will probably headline Slane

Biggest Band in the World (apparently)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTS_(band)

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/green-day-rds-arena-dublin-tickets/venueartist/198346/768353

Link to Green Day presale Code is HELLAMEGA
    100 for gold circle managed to get them after 40 minutes of refreshing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I got in for tickets twice no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

System of a down announcing european dates at the moment on twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Why are there 2 separate presales? One for green day, and one for fallout boy & weezer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Why are there 2 separate presales? One for green day, and one for fallout boy & weezer.

Green Day had a album pre-order and i guess as headliners wanted their own one.

FOB and Weezer have a joint mailing list one, (which green day also had an hour later)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Ekano

klose wrote: »
    System of a down announcing european dates at the moment on twitter

Hopefully an Irish show is included. Never seen them live

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Ekano wrote: »
    Hopefully an Irish show is included. Never seen them live

I would not hold out much hope, for the last 4 years the majority of shows they have played have been festivals with a few solo shows sprinkled in between.

I'd be a happy boy if Tool and System of a down played here in 2020

Alter Bridge, Guns N Rose's and Acdc would be welcome additions to the year ha

• Advertisement
Advertisement