Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Edgy Brah and Alex Jones streaming now, oh snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

Dont religiously listen to JRE but his recent interview with James Hetfield of Metallica was fantastic. There are so few people that could conduct such an interesting interview with an obviously closed guy. Metallica wouldn't be on my every day play list but great at what they do but beautiful interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Dont religiously listen to JRE but his recent interview with James Hetfield of Metallica was fantastic. There are so few people that could conduct such an interesting interview with an obviously closed guy. Metallica wouldn't be on my every day play list but great at what they do but beautiful interview.
    And he managed to carry 40 minutes of talking about bees and made it really interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Edgy Brah and Alex Jones streaming now, oh snap.

****ing amazing podcast !!
    Alex Jones is crazy but entertaining as hell ...

Billy Burr was another good one ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9GWqfNlWHI

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

That Henry Rollins show was incredible. Probably nothing new for Henry fans but I just love listening to him talk.

Quite funny when Joe suggests that Henry was once a massive drinker and drug-taker. Though Henry was going to laugh in his face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,692 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    That Henry Rollins show was incredible. Probably nothing new for Henry fans but I just love listening to him talk.

Quite funny when Joe suggests that Henry was once a massive drinker and drug-taker. Though Henry was going to laugh in his face.

been to rollins a couple of times, highly recommend his shows. very intelligent man. his dublin show from last year:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Lads, this Alex Jones lad is wired to Mars! I've seen/heard him before but this is just bananas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Lads, this Alex Jones lad is wired to Mars! I've seen/heard him before but this is just bananas!

I'm neither a conspiracy theorist, or regular listener to Joe Rogan, but I came away thinking Alex Jones is a man who says what he says because it appeals to his target audience. It's all about a grand overarching conspiracy theory where we are subservient to a global elite who are hell-bent on destroying us. Entertaining stuff, if you see it as just that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭donaldtramp

He's definitely funny....

Joe has some problems of his own with an ego personality.

He's very big-headed both literally and metaphorically and thinks he can fight even though he played 3 kickboxing tourneys and lost 1 but won 2 which is average, meh, I think Alex Jones is cool and pizza gate is real and spirit cooking + such, i love joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

I'm neither a conspiracy theorist, or regular listener to Joe Rogan, but I came away thinking Alex Jones is a man who says what he says because it appeals to his target audience. It's all about a grand overarching conspiracy theory where we are subservient to a global elite who are hell-bent on destroying us. Entertaining stuff, if you see it as just that.

I don't follow him all that closely as he does my head in but from what I have seen of him I think he actually is just crazy / borderline schizophrenic. Even in the few mins of that podcast I could bare to listen to his thought process just seems so frantic and uncontrollable. I was impressed that JR could basically tell him to shut up and let him speak as I don't think I've seen anyone do it before. I remember seeing an interview with Andrew Neil on BBC who ended the interview by calling him a moron.

That said, he's a multi multi millionaire so who knows.

There are other basket cases out there who think Alex Jones is a shapeshifter and part of the conspiracy!! There seems no end to how crazy people can be.

• Advertisement

Gavin McInnes :D

That guy is a bit crazy actually, like Alex Jones if you take it as entertainment it's good ..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,692 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I gave Jones an hour or so, couldn't endure the rest, he talks some ****e. Why are many conspiracy heads, stoners!

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I gave Jones an hour or so, couldn't endure the rest, he talks some ****e. Why are many conspiracy heads, stoners!

Thinking too much ...or too little ..

Neil DeGrasse Tyson :)

Only listened to the 1st 30 mins , but so far fascinating !!

love this guy!

Even when I don't know the guest, still a great podcast ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Dan Carlin has been on two or three times and always great.

Really interesting Ron Miscavige , father of that lunatic David Miscavige from Scientology .

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The recent one with Brendan Schaub and Eddie Bravo is interesting listening. Essentially Bravo, who is a long time friend of Rogan, starts off about earth being flat and it kicks off after that.
    It gets a bit shouty at times, but well worth listening to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The recent one with Brendan Schaub and Eddie Bravo is interesting listening. Essentially Bravo, who is a long time friend of Rogan, starts off about earth being flat and it kicks off after that.
    It gets a bit shouty at times, but well worth listening to.

There is a gofundme page now set up to send eddie to the stratosphere!! Id nearly donate to get him off the planet! He is a melt when he starts!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When his go to argument is the "6 moon landings" and "your source is the internet" for everything, then you have to question how hard he looks into these things he so strongly lives by.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,621 ✭✭✭buried

This is absolute Gold. Reporter/Author Graham Hancock and Master Builder/Geologist Randall Carlson argue out their theory that a lost advanced civilization was wiped out due to a huge cataclysmic comet strike on the North American ice sheet 12,800 years ago in a debate with Michael Shermer, founder and chief editor of Skeptic magazine who isn't buying any of it. Highly Highly recommended!

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

buried wrote: »
    This is absolute Gold. Reporter/Author Graham Hancock and Master Builder/Geologist Randall Carlson argue out their theory that a lost advanced civilization was wiped out due to a huge cataclysmic comet strike on the North American ice sheet 12,800 years ago in a debate with Michael Shermer, founder and chief editor of Skeptic magazine who isn't buying any of it. Highly Highly recommended!

Currently watching it - they need to mute people while someone is talking - Im a massive fan of Grahams, love these podcasts! I'd happily listen to a Joe/Graham p/c once a week!

ardinn wrote: »
    Currently watching it - they need to mute people while someone is talking - Im a massive fan of Grahams, love these podcasts! I'd happily listen to a Joe/Graham p/c once a week!

I got the audiobook version of 'Magicians of The Gods' by Graham on audible, really great stuff, he narrates it too, so good! But yeah the rows on this podcast reached RTE radio political debate levels in some parts! Fantastic interesting entertainment though, fair play to Joe Rogan though for these brilliant and free resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭take everything

Wonderful episode with psychology professor Jordan Peterson.
    Searingly honest intellect recently in trouble with authoritarian SJW-types in the transsexual pronoun battle in Toronto.

Talks about so many things in this.
    Jung; archetypes; confronting your own shadow; Joseph Campbell's hero's journey; mythos vs logos; masculinity in crisis and its place in a feminised world where social/emotional trumps reason.
    Phallologocentrism is a new one on me (basically that ridiculous concept of "mansplaining").

I've watched a fair few JR podcasts now (Henry Rollins, Sam Harris, Louis Theroux, Leah Remini (Scientology), Bill Burr, Russell Brand) but this is definitely up there.

Joe said it's his favourite podcast.

He always says that - His GH RC podcasts are his real favourite tho - mine too - I cannot stand yer man above - his voice goes through my head!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

The Jordan Peterson one is easily my favorite in a long time. Guy talks so much sense.

Dr. Peterson's own youtube channel is worth subscribing to also. Has full length recordings of his lectures from University of Toronto up on his channel. Great great informative and entertaining binge watching

• Registered Users Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭take everything

Jay Leno.
    Didn't expect this to be great but Leno has some great standup stories.
    And I've always thought he was a funny guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Gad Saad very interesting guy.

Advertisement