Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

I just watched Paige watching you watching her and I could not blink. I can only imagine how weird that is. I'm not sure that she liked or subscribed there.

I watched ROH Best In The World 2018 2 days ago. There's a match between Jay Lethal and Kushida. At one stage, Lethal is selling on 1 leg and holding onto the top rope for balance and Kushida steps in behind him and kicks him hard in the hamstring to which commentator Colt Cabana says "Kushida just kicked his leg into his leg, Owen Hart style" which I loved hearing. That would have flown way over my head if I'd been watching it in 2018.

I'm going to end up watching the Paige thing again in a few days, it's up there for weirdest wrestling-related thing I've ever seen and I've seen that episode of Impact that took place entirely on the Hardy compound!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Her reacting to her family being called carny knackers and the talk of her issues and sex tapes is cringe-inducing in the best way.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Thanks guys! It took a while to even come to terms with Paige watching our review! I haven't watched the whole thing as it's too cringey me watching and waiting what she'll say about it, but thought ye guys might like to see. Wish she wasn't 'performing' for her fans and could actually give her thoughts and input on it - she'd had a lot of insight esp with stuff like FCW.

TBH i thought we were kinder/more positive in general (it was a concerted effort after doing Sunny Side Up - i wanted to hammer home the positives and end on an optimistic note) so like....she kinda got off likely. Even our favourites like Bruce hart get it SO much worse!
    Colt Cabana says "Kushida just kicked his leg into his leg, Owen Hart style" which I loved hearing.

Ha! That's cool re: Colt. Someone mentioned a quote of his (after watching Paige watching OSW) that you don't mentally age after you enter the wrestling business. Whatever mental age you're at when you join, you stay that way. And Paige being what, 14, is about right :D

Side point but bloody hell, this vid did better than a regular OSW episode! Must be her strong camera position :P

I never watched the NXT that replaced ECW with the mentors and students (meaning I got a good giggle when you showed D Bryan and EC3 had a bunch of learned answers worked out to win some competition) but for some reason, I watched NXT in it's current form from day 1 and not 2 years after the event like all the wrestling I watch now. I was up to date with it in the beginning, I loved William Regal on commentary "If I wanted to be interrupted, I'd have stayed at home with the wife" was a common line. Regal would do a great job putting over Tyler Breeze or Aidan English, he's a really good commentator. They used to bring in JR for the shows main events and he couldn't have sounded more bored, uninterested, I'm a big Regal fan, not a huge JR fan. (90's JR yes, post 90's JR, no)
    I'm pretty sure after the 1st NXT I thought The Ascension were going to be the next big thing, there was no Viktor (it was Bram) but the strobe lights and the Game Of Thrones look to them had me thinking they would be huge stars. Paige and Emma and Summer Rae were all parts of the show I liked. The 1st time I saw Paige I thought she looks amazing, and then they mentioned her age and I felt a tiny bit guilty, and then I thought "I know how HHH feels right now" I'm not his age but I'm not far off it.
    Then I saw Paige in Total Divas and I was like "Jesus, she's annoying" but everyone on that show is annoying, it's a bad show. The only person on that who ever got over with me was Tyson "I'm not a cat, I'm a world tag team champion" Kidd and how Nattie was worried he likes Cesaro more than her! A reality show about nothing but members of the Harts mostly featuring Teddy would be so funny and mad.

I don't think you saying stuff about her family or her public shaming is that bad, If OOC can tell Shawn Micheals to his face that he looks like he's seen better days, then there's no hypocrisy there.

If I had to guess or if I have any take away from Paige watching your review, it's that she doesn't get the OSW humour (she's too young for Alan Partridge and probably didn't see much tv growing up) and also that seeing her own career and how quickly it ended is probably a very sad and sensitive issue and whoever suggested watching the review to her maybe shouldn't have done that.

I have wondered, I mean I know tons of wrestlers watch Botchamania but I have wondered how many of them watch OSW Review, you probably have more feedback on that than I know of. But even then, how many of them secretly watch it?...

I by pure chance, being stuck in 2018 wrestling found a show yesterday RISE Of The Knockouts, an Impact FITE tv show, and I'm halfway through it but early in the show there is an Impact title match between Su Yung defending the Impact title vs Saraya Knight! I've no idea why it's on so early in the card but it's not good, in fact it's one of the worst stupidest nonsense indy garbage matches I've ever seen! It's really bad. I've not seen the corresponding Botchamania yet but it could well be in there, it's horrible stuff.

Fighting With My Family is probably the kindest most positive review of a film I've ever seen you guys do even if Fatal Deviation is by far my favourite OSW movie review! You never should be embarrassed for telling the truth, I hope nothing changes, keep going on like you have been going on and I'll keep watching, laughing, trying to get my friends watching and being delighted every time I see a new review pop up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Looking forward to yous coming back soon. Shame this lad wasnt around for Art Donovan

CH-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Sorry for the double post but Jay. After AEW double or nothing (don’t worry no spoilers) how are you feeling now that Neo is a big star. I feel it was just a matter of time before light streaking made it worldwide.

You were probably told at the time but... I'm watching WWE Mae Young Classic 2018 Parade of Champions on youtube and there is a What Bar shart in the crowd. He's around 4 rows back and a little left of center of the screen when the wrestlers get their moment each in the center of the ring.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Sorry for the double post but Jay. After AEW double or nothing (don’t worry no spoilers) how are you feeling now that Neo is a big star. I feel it was just a matter of time before light streaking made it worldwide.

Ha ha! We still get asked about him regularly enough. There's even a quick sight-gag in our "2 Undertakers Writer's Room" animation!

JtjlpFY.jpg
    You were probably told at the time but... I'm watching WWE Mae Young Classic 2018 Parade of Champions on youtube and there is a What Bar shart in the crowd. He's around 4 rows back and a little left of center of the screen when the wrestlers get their moment each in the center of the ring.

Oh noice! If u can screen grab it send a pic! don't make me watch modern WWE :P

Our OSW Mountain Dew KFC Gold Honey Mustard BBQ Pre-Show!
    Since we'd keep hotdogging about pre-PPV shows for longer and longer, I thought it's actually enough to make it's own episode leading to the PPV itself! So in this one we have the USA Special "Sunday Night Slam", then the RAW before SummerSlam, a Brucie Bonus review (Johnny Polo/Raven taking a tour of WWF HQ) and the PPV countdown itself!

One of my most fun things I got to do was since Leslie Nielsen/Det Drebin was at SummerSlam, I recapped my favourite Naked Gunn/Police Squad gags!

• Advertisement

Taker vs Taker, Hart vs Hart, Steve vs Steve!
    An infamous show with the culmination of the Real vs Fake Undertaker and the Meltzer-5-Star Steel Cage Match!

Bit of BTS ska for ya! This was recorded *before* the Pre-Show (recording sessions last ~4.5 hours! To make sure we got the main PPV done). There's some running gags that are more fully-formed by the time we record the OSW Pre-Show (like the New Gen guitars). Also V1 has two recappings of the Tatanka match so the longer storyline one was moved to the pre-show (as they didn't appear in it otherwise). Hope that u couldn't tell, lol. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Will you be reviewing those ECW supercards you recently acquired?

lol that could be anybody u can't prove nuttin'! :P

OSW 92 Sunday Night Slam II!

Your boys are back with a four-leafed review! Let’s take a gander of what’s in store:
    1. the USA Special Sunday Night Slam (Nov ’94) with Owen Hart vs British Bulldog!
    2. a Super-secret Brucie Bonus review!
    3. the RAW before Survivor Series
    4. the PPV countdown itself!

OSW 93 Survivor Series '94 coming this Sunday! ( or DM me ;) )

OSW 93 Survivor Series 94!

The Amazing Spider-Bret faces his greatest foe with the rise of DUCKARSE! Your favourite Irish boys Jay, V1 & OOC return with the 1994 Survivor Series, featuring a submission match for the WWF title, champion Bret Hart vs Bob Backlund!

Production-wise it might be our biggest to date, hope ya enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

Been catching up with these in blocks so only just past Survivor Series '94 now but that Spider-Bret cover is amazing and/or très excellent (d'exécution).

And bonus points for the Gunmen of the Apocalypse clip.

On to the worst year of wrestling which is the earliest full year of WWE PPVs that I've seen.

Edit: In fact, I'm a big fat liar as I've seen In Your House from 1996. '95 still offal though. :pac:

Wonder what the next arc is? I'd like see some of the Ruthless Aggression era. That probably counts as old school now.

If I'm remembering correctly one or all didn't want to be anywhere near Triple H's reigns of terror?

Would be nice to get something like Lesnar's (or Angle's) Next Big Thing first year chronologically critique'd though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'd love to get to see a bit more TNA, those are some of the best episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

When I'm talking on Twitter I always sugguest a nice small arc. A palate cleanser cause the Lex arc became a bit of a slog.

Need to go reeeeeal old school I think. A nice two or three show Rubbish Ronnie Arc would be great.

There are some 5 star events and great potential for OSW style "Boll*cks".
    National Wrestling Alliance NWA World Heavyweight Title Steel Cage: Ric Flair defeats Ronnie Garvin (c) (17:25) - TITLE CHANGE !!!

NWA Starrcade 1987 - "Chi-Town Heat" - Pay Per View @ UIC Pavilion in Chicago, Illinois, USA

Ric Flair's date with "Precious" would be a cracker of an OSW set piece. It is hilarious. It's on the Four Horsemen DVD. Involves Garvin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-2BcFzJCA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Think the title of the thread needs updating :pac:

Currently working my way through episodes 91 to 94. Very enjoyable as always.

Love looking back at Backlunds character work. Say what you will about his attire, trunks and arse, they guys heel turn was masterful.

But Survivor Series 94 was a steaming pile made entertaining by your relatable observations. Thanks

I'm looking for something to listen to in bed and I find

Talk Is Jericho: The Best/Worst Movie Ever: The Room vs Troll 2

A winner is me! :)

Oh, I saw OSW Review is in the references section at the bottom of the Fatal Deviation Wikipedia page too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

It would be good if they had a second youtube channel for clips. Many times I have wanted to share a particular 5min segment with friends. Something similar to Rogan's second channel for sharing short clips would be handy.

https://youtubetime.com/ is useful for stuff like this. Especially the mobile version which doesn't let you share a timestamp for some raisin.

Well hello! lol, it's pretty cool that us announcing the next show is like, enough to warrant some discussion! https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/mnnf2l/osw_review_will_be_reviewing_aew_revolution/ bit mental!

but ya it's a smidge over 2 hours; it's bursting full of jokes and info - it's our first (and only) show we're covering during the pandemic; we've the history of AEW to delve into; and to address Fozzy and Jericho's knacker tats, it's all just kicking off! Promise you'll love it :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I can't wait, going to be a lot of new wrestling faces to be commented on which has me very curious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

JayHunter asks on social media when/how did you start watching OSW Review.

Sure all us here in the boards.ie parish are day one Noggers. TBH they’ve gone to the dogs since they sold out to the Yanks and the Brits. I much prefer their early stuff :) #neo4eva

Some achievement Jay. Can of Coke to you and the boys. Can’t even count the amount of hours joy the show has given me over the decade. Genuinely my favourite thing on the net.

• Advertisement

Too many great moments to mention...but I'll mention a few!

Kane's frizz-o-meter

Kane bump: "I fùckin' will not, I'll take it on me knees!

Mrs V1: "Turn it off and don't fùcking touch me."

Doink brah, you're making kids cry brah (This pops into my head from time to time and always makes me laugh)

The rules Jay, the rooooles!

The Lockdown review.

Calling people knackers.

Jockswatch.

And many more. Thanks for all the laughs, lads!

Advertisement