Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Obviously it's a good while away but lads the next story has to be The Killer Bees. Watching Royal Rumble 88 and I think I've noticed a pun that yous missed out on. :pac:

This can't have been a coincidence!

https://twitter.com/TomthePublican/status/867662081155362816

Fantastic!
    EDIT: Just tried to Google Andre the Giant but I typed "Andrew", yous are in my head. :pac:

Steve's comment about Vince using the "You're Fired!" voice is so spot on. :D I'd love to see them do a big stage production like that these days, looks like some laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I decided to pay $5/€6 for WrestleMania panel videos on Patreon. Is there anything else worth watching on Patreon?

Is there anything else worth watching on Patreon?

Thanks dude! The top featured tag on the main page is "NoggerU AXCLOOSIVS" which has our well, axcloosiv stuff :P Lemme know what you think when you've watched 'em :)

• Advertisement

Never bothered with the Flintstones episode before. Didn't think it would have such stamen power.
    I loved OOC letting on he didn't know the name of The Killer Bees then getting sickened. :P

Do Q&A parts 8 and 9 exist? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

New video up. Just the cure for my hangover!:)

TNA Lockdown 2007 - OSW Review 64

ELECTRIFY THE STEEL CAGE! BZZZZZZZZZ!
    OSW review with the bollocks right in your face with 2007 TNA!
    Includes TWO worst match of the year nominees (one winner!)

SpDMw15.jpg

WATCH: Lockdown 2007!
    All episodes: Clicky!

Do Q&A parts 8 and 9 exist? :pac:

They do! They're still on my HDD. Both myself and OOC were sick during the recording so I'm not itching to re-edit it! Actually would be a great thing for V1 to edit.
    New video up. Just the cure for my hangover!:)

Hope you enjoy it dude :P Bit of a manic episode!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

5am, as good a time as any to watch a show about old TNA!

Ok that was funny/fascinating...

Some stuff I do know, Konnan is not with AAA anymore. They parted on bad terms.
    After talking very ill for years about Jeff Jarrett, TNA, Jeremy Borash, Dixie Carter, he did befriend Jarrett again when Jarrett was doing matches with Triple A. Jarrett was trying to get other companies to work with GFW at the time. Konnan is now running Crash wrestling, using disgruntled Mexicans who are no longer with Triple A, and using top indy Americans too.
    I'm 10 months behind watching current product so the last TNA I watched yesterday, well it's all about Broken Matt, Brother Nero and an on screen character with less talent than Dixie Carter (in my opinion), Billy Corgan! but my understanding is Jarrett is back with TNA. He (Jarrett) has a working relationship with Crash and Konnan, and there's some new version of LAX in TNA now too? I believe TNA wanted to air a clip of their guys working in Crash and Lucha Underground stepped in and said they couldn't use contracted Lucha Underground talent and this was because the referee in the clip was Marty Elias, the Lucha Underground ref!
    Konnan now has Jarrett on his podcast regularly to talk sports after he previously called him a racist for years, and he has befriended Borash too after calling him a stooge for years.
    That Christy Hemme joke is funny, his (Konnan) latest rolling dig is how every week he talks about how Nia Jaxx's entrance looks like she's been lying on the couch half-asleep for an hour and someones rung the doorbell and she's all thick about it because she has to get up to answer it! I think the suggestion is she's got no energy...
    I heard him (Konnan) like a week or 2 ago talking about how new wrestlers don't like fancy costumes or pagentry as much as they used to and I thought of you and how you featured some of his fancy What Bar-worthy WCW costumes before he joined the NWO.

I remember when Ric Flair joined TNA, all the TNA (like non ex-WWE/WCW) lads suddenly started wearing suits all the time.

Konnan is friends with Russo. He calls him on some of the mad stuff Russo says (like how wrestling fans who like Finn, Owens, Zeyn and umm, Samoa Joe are gay) but they are friends going back to WCW days.

The best thing I ever heard with Vince Russo was Roddy Pipers podcast where he made it look like a friendly open-minded conversation but really, he vented every issue he (Piper) ever has had with Russo for over an hour. Russo said "Bro" a lot but had no real answers to a lot of it. It's uncomfortably good!

TNA Hard Justice 2007 - OSW Review 65
    Step right up! OSW LAND is open!
    Enjoy part 3 of the TNA 2007 story arc with more noodle-brained madness from Jarrett & Co!
    Featuring the DEBUT of Black Reign and TEST in TNA!

MUccICl.jpg

WATCH: Hard Justice 2007!
    All episodes: Clicky!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I think it should be noted once and for all that the WATCH link in all your posts directs to the exact same page as the "all episodes" link.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Fantastic stuff, I was watching it in the airport waiting for a flight and was in stitches laughing throughout. It's great to finally get Black Reign on a card.

5am, as good a time as any to watch a show about old TNA! I heard him (Konnan) like a week or 2 ago talking about how new wrestlers don't like fancy costumes or pagentry as much as they used to and I thought of you and how you featured some of his fancy What Bar-worthy WCW costumes before he joined the NWO.

It's surreal to see Konnan back in TNA! It's like if Demolition came back, after the years of lawsuits. He is right about the pageantry/more boring attires, but some people on the roster still make a big effort (like Naomi). It's the downside of the Attitude Era shift, mostly everyone wears black + one colour. Konnan was CRAZY for his outfits though, a blistering Aztec pack of starburst!
    I think it should be noted once and for all that the WATCH link in all your posts directs to the exact same page as the "all episodes" link.

YOU DON'T LIKE....! :pac: Will do next time!
    Angron wrote: »
    Fantastic stuff, I was watching it in the airport waiting for a flight and was in stitches laughing throughout. It's great to finally get Black Reign on a card.

Rock on man, cheers! So happy that he's finally arrived in OSW. Hope it lived up to the hype!

I watched half the new episode last night and the 2nd half today. It's spectacular seeing how fast the youtube views actually rack up.
    I'm delighted there's more TNA shows to come. I thought 3 might be it. I think these 3 shows so far are when I was seeing bits of TNA and the coming OSW shows could be where all I watched from somewhere in 2007 until 2012 was TNA once it was on Bravo every Saturday.

I watched ROH All Star Extravaganza from October 2016 two days ago. The main event was half the opening match of Hard Justice 2007. It was Kaz and Daniels vs the Young Bucks vs Motorcity Machine Guns, (ladder wars 6, these gimmick matches are hyper-rare for ROH) all wrestlers who I 1st saw in TNA! Plus Jay Lethal was on the show too.
    Then I'm watching TNA Bound For Glory 2016 from the same weekend as the ROH show and it's their new Grand Slam title put on a man who I like but again, made his name in WWE Aaron Rex, Daimien Sandow and am thinking "they're still huge WWE fans in 2016 TNA". The main event is also ex-WWE vs ex-WWE with Lashley vs EC3 for their world title. I think Abyss and Borash are the only familiar faces from BFG '16 and Hard Justice '07, although I believe Sonjay is back with 2017 TNA now.

I am really glad you're still doing TNA shows. I learned lots. (Rikishi, wow, so wrong) I didn't think steroids and firing were a thing in TNA. I didn't think 2016 steroids still cause backne but there's a part of EC3's entrance where he stands with his back to the camara and the lights go down and his back has this purple light shine on it and it looks like the surface of a weird planet from a sci-fi show, I just thought it's all cool in TNA.

I have been ridiculed by wrestling fans for liking TNA today but the Broken Hardys alone are making my late 2016 TNA watching huge fun. I was glad of TNA when the Cena Batista Orton main events on WWE didn't hold my interest much.

I've heard enough about John Cena on Total Bellas to think "If those nice lads would give up 2 weeks of their lives to save me 40 minutes of mine watching Total Bellas, and review an episode, that'd be amazing!"

I watched a lot of Total Divas because of OSW. I wanted to find more gems after you showed Tyson Kidd watching wrestling while his wife is failing to seduce him. There's definitely one episode where he's in a row, off-cam with Natalya where he comes out with the line "I'm not a cat, I'm a tag-team champion of the world" after she's trying to get him to experiemnt with role-playing and he's not into it. He's a boy as far as I'm concerned.

You're right about how funny Kevin Nash was in TNA, I remember him saying fairly rude funny stuff in backstage vignettes when I 1st saw TNA and I was never a fan of his before that. I'm really happy you're going to review more 10 year old TNA stuff!
    I'm looking forward to the Broken Hardys review in 2026 already!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

This was mentioned during the show. Such a great segment in hindsight.

Thanks blackpotato! We have a story arc vid, lol. Bound for Glory next! TNA has been so much fun, we'll definitely be back. But onwards and upwards!

Ya Kaz & Daniels are really awesome together. I'm shocked WWE haven't signed them - WWE probably lowballed them and they have a ton of freedom and good money on the indies.

What's the build to B4G 2017 like?

Also Broken Hardyz was fantastic - i think everyone on the net was curious but it didn't translate to the rest of TNA, talk about it died down as soon as they left. I loved their crazy stuff there. Really creative!

ERG89, it's a whopper segment! If you weren't watching you'd assume Lethal's actually flair!

Obviously for your own sakes yous won't do it but I'd love a run from around Unbreakable 2005 through most of 2008 when I stopped watching. :pac: Probably my favorite run of wrestling ever in terms of in-ring action. The AJ/Smoa (sic) Joe/Christopher Daniels stuff through Angle's debut (nutting Joe) until it got all screwy. Thankfully I'd stopped watching before Mick Foley and the rest came in.

Buttonftw, you are wise, I waited until Hogan joined, saw the Nasty Boys in TNA and I stopped watching for a year!

I've heard Kaz say he was in WWE long ago and he didn't sound too bitter, but he said he didn't like it there and he just left. Daniels not getting a chance at NXT surprises me too, I think he's awesome. My best guess is it's his age is an issue, but he's one of those guys who looked old when they were young so they barely age at all for decades (like Patrick Stewart!)

I'm unable to keep up with current wrestling, everything I watch is from 10 months ago. The only current podcasts I listen to are Cabana, Konnan and Cornette and that's because they don't discuss the current stuff that much and the don't give away too much spoilers for me. The only reason I know anything about 2017 TNA is because of those podcasts.
    Konnan seems to be right in the thick of it, but GFW have a working relationship with AAA and Konnan still is on very bad terms with AAA and blames them (Dorian Roldan, Konnan calls him the Mexican Cartman) for him (Konnan) being fired off Lucha Underground, so that sounds a lil volatile to me.
    And it seems Corny has been on TNA tv very recently, he (Cornette) hasn't said if it's a one time thing or a permanent thing yet.

I watched NXT from last 5th October '16 last night and there's a guy in the front row center with an Antrim GAA geansey on. I imagine him shouting "Mistur Chyppuy" in a loud nordie accent while everyone else is "N-X-T" ing and I smile. Or maybe he originally had a What Bar shart and he heard you taking the mick out of nordies and he changed into his hurling geansey in a huff!
    I also saw Dan Matha for the 1st time ever and his skin, wow, he looks super-roidey to me, like blatently almost another species roidey.

One of the many things I love about your show is referring to stuff you have to be Irish to understand, I'm sure some UK folks over the age of 30 something would know what kicking Bishop Brennan up the arse is. But you might have to live within a certain range of east Ireland to know what's an ILAC! Anything like that, to do with sweets presses or Eamonn Dunphy and the world happiness index always makes me laugh.

I watched the 1st ever Total Bellas. I don't know if I want to watch them all back to back now or never see it again. The pros are John Cena is playing a really weird OCD heel in it and he's also wearing some really garish Vince-jackets, he literally does look like a Frys Turkish Delight at one stage and there's no Eva-Marie. The cons are there's no Tyson Kidd, and well the show is about as real as Fair City, It should be called Total Nonsense, well Total something else beginning with B that'll probably get filtered.

I know TNA have changed their name, I know it's Global Force now, but as long as I'm months behind and as long as you're making shows about 2007, it's still TNA.

I vaguely remember seeing a brief feature on some WWE show during the Attitude era, where wrestlers were talking about their tattoos and any meaning behind them. I think Mideon was pretty covered and then Test showed some tat and said it had something to do with him being Irish. Beyond that, all I remember of him (Test) is stuff you said about him in your show. I think I heard Tyson Dux say recently that Test helped him out a lot with contacts and getting started in Dux's early days, and he made Test sound like he was a good dude.

• Advertisement

Keep It 2000 feat OSW!
    Jay and V1 join Brian & Nate to review the SHADDAPPPPPP episode of WCW Nitro!
    May 8th 2000, the night after Arquette heel-turned in the triple cage at Slamboree!
    Featuring full-on Russo bollocks -- David Flair! Tank Abbot! Hummers!

pV1sgqu.jpg

Hey! Listen: Clicky!

What's all this then? Keep It 2000 is a fortnightly podcast reviewing every Nitro in 2000, by Brian & Nate for Live Audio Wrestling. I've been buds with Nate since his caller days in Between the Ropes (even giving him his nickname 'TNAte' because of his love for TNA!) and Brian since his first interview for the LAW. I was actually on their previous show Keep it 100's innoggeral episode! I love how I got top billing over Glacier. Or was I curtain-jerking? :D

Anywoo when they started reviewing Nitro 2000 I jumped at the chance to review the SHADDDDDAPPPPPP Nitro episode (May 8th 2000 - the night after Slamborree where Arquette explains his turn and leaves), and here we go! I sneakily got V1 to watch & review the show too as a fun bonus. I couldn't find my audio splitter so we had to share earphones, meaning myself and V1 were VERY close. He wouldn't look at me during :P

We recorded this maybe 2 hours after Hard Justice went live (having 3 hours sleep in the prior 2 days) so I may be a little off my head! We had a great time chatting Russo bollocks and hope you enjoy listening to it!

We never do crossover episodes, lemme know what you thought!

RW4f1r7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I've just started and already enjoying the discussion on the May 2000 Ireland chart topper

Lads the mirror spots bit is one of the best ever. Please tell me it was off the cuff. :P

Lol, V1 will be happy to hear that! Ya course, the mirror spots is one of V1's favourite things in wrestling, he brings it up at any opportunity. Like me and THE KING OF THE ROAD!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EMPunk

Jay just so you know Andrew "Test" Martin's symbol on his trunks, the "****ty cross with sun & moon thingy" as you put it , is not the "test" logo , it is the Martin family coat of arms so he had every right as a Martin to wear it, it has zero to do with the character Test.

Ho there, I would never call anything of Test's ***ty, go back and listen! But ya couple fans sent me a pic of the crest, pretty incredulous that his actual family crest would fit his wrestler character's name!

urbmvVs.jpg

I stand corrected! (said the man in the orthopaedic shoes!)

(yes that's my Test tee)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EMPunk

Sorry didnt mean to sound cunty!

I once had a friend over from school upon arriving at my house he asks me why i had a test sign hanging in my hall , it brought back that memory lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Huh, I never knew that was a family crest thing, I just thought it was something he used cause he liked it. That's pretty cool.

• Advertisement

EMPunk wrote: »
    I once had a friend over from school upon arriving at my house he asks me why i had a test sign hanging in my hall , it brought back that memory lol

That is incredible!! :P

Advertisement