Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

dulpit wrote: »
    Hey all,

I've been using Anker Soundcore Life P2s since January last year. They've been great - fantastic battery life, generally no issues with bluetooth dropouts, comfy fit. Usually only used for podcasts/videos/etc, and a lot of time with only 1 ear in.

Unfortunately, my toddler decided to see what would happen if you try to bite one, and broke the right ear :rolleyes: so I'll need replacements.

I could get the same again, I could get the Liberty Air 2 for £59.99. Any other of a similar style? The one major negative on the P2s is the quality of the mics, so an improvement there would be handy.

Ideally it would be something available on Amazon (I have vouchers), but can go elsewhere if needed.

Im looking at upgrading to the Liberty Air 2 myself. Reviews are great with wireless charging. There's a compatible phone app that gives you more EQ options, however I think price has creeped up on Amazon, and also you will get stung for extra duty fees from UK.

Im looking at upgrading to the Liberty Air 2 myself. Reviews are great with wireless charging. There's a compatible phone app that gives you more EQ options, however I think price has creeped up on Amazon, and also you will get stung for extra duty fees from UK.

there are no extra duties on earphones from amazon UK

the only difference in price Irish VAT and English VAT which and this was already applied pre brexit by Amazon UK when ordering for delivery to Ireland

https://www.moneyguideireland.com/buying-from-amazon-uk-after-brexit.html

https://www.moneyguideireland.com/irish-customs-duty-on-uk-online-purchases.html
    Some Examples of Items that can be imported to the EU with 0% Duty
    Here are some examples of goods from the UK (that can be imported duty-free into Ireland even if the country of origin is not the UK.

Computers & Computer Parts
    Computer Monitors
    Calculators
    Printers/Copiers/Faxes
    Printer Inks & Accessories
    Phones (Mobile/Non Mobile)
    Laptops
    Digital Cameras
    Storage Drives
    Games-Consoles
    Headphones
    Books
    Radios
    Sound recording or Reproducing Equipment (CD players, Turntables)
    CDs
    Memory Cards
    Electric Toy Trains
    Billiard/Pool Tables
    Kids Bikes/scooters
    Wooden Furniture
    Plastic Furniture
    Metal Beds
    Upholstered Seats
    Vitamins & Pro Vitamins
    Whey Protein

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Lot's of Ear Bud ''Envy'' in this thread ! :D
    It's OK, I suffered Pram, Buggy Envy 20 years ago as a new dad :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Sennheiser appearing on sales across the different amazons and their outlets.
    https://en-ie.sennheiser-outlet.com/shops/index.php

For example
    Sennheiser PXC 550-II €153 https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07XYLPPSL/
    CX 400BT €84 - https://www.amazon.es/dp/B08CZQXLQJ

More if you search sennheiser on hagglezon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

had an earbud mishap last night. just as i was flushing the loo, earbud fell out and yes you guessed it , straight down the loo, flushed, gone. damn. luckily other one working independently . they were edifier x3 i got on an introductory offer last year for 17 yoyo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Anyone use Jabra Elite Active 75t - are they worth the money? I'll be using mainly for jogging

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

glasso wrote: »
    there are no extra duties on earphones from amazon UK

the only difference in price Irish VAT and English VAT which and this was already applied pre brexit by Amazon UK when ordering for delivery to Ireland

https://www.moneyguideireland.com/buying-from-amazon-uk-after-brexit.html

https://www.moneyguideireland.com/irish-customs-duty-on-uk-online-purchases.html

I bought some recently and import duties were applied? Should that not have applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

JPA wrote: »
    I bought some recently and import duties were applied? Should that not have applied?

if you bought from amazon the "import duties" are irish VAT that is submitted to the irish government.

if you bought from amazon the "import duties" are irish VAT that is submitted to the irish government.

Is this correct then?

Is this correct then?

looks about right.

• Advertisement

Is this correct then?

looks right.

Irish VAT is now called import duties.

Before Brexit it wouldn't have been shown separate but (Irish VAT) would have been paid to the Irish exchequer (assuming it was ordered to an Irish address)

glasso wrote: »
    looks right.

Irish VAT is now called import duties.

Before Brexit it wouldn't have been shown separate but (Irish VAT) would have been paid to the Irish exchequer (assuming it was ordered to an Irish address)

The Vankyo x400 from above are £40 rounded up, with 25% discount available, so £30.
    If I add them to my basket and deliver to the uk I can get them for that price.

If I choose Irish Address, with the 25% discount, it comes in at £39.65.

So if UK vat is 20% and Irish Vat is 23% there should be a 3% higher price for an Irish buyer. So what am I missing here?

The Vankyo x400 from above are £40 rounded up, with 25% discount available, so £30.

So if UK vat is 20% and Irish Vat is 23% there should be a 3% higher price for an Irish buyer. So what am I missing here?

that doesn't make sense. amazon have screwed that up. the price at the top for shipment to ireland should have the UK vat removed. I've tried it for another item and the top price is showing correctly without the UK VAT. I noticed that yesterday with something else I was looking at that had a discount applied. the top price was showing as the full price as it is for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The earbuds are being sold by a third party. My guess is the third party is not Vat registered or the earbuds are shipping from China or somewhere else and Amazon are putting 21% Irish Vat on top of the £40 and then taking off the 25% discount.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The earbuds are being sold by a third party. My guess is the third party is not Vat registered or the earbuds are shipping from China or somewhere else and Amazon are putting 21% Irish Vat on top of the £40 and then taking off the 25% discount.

I hadn't thought of that and it is definitely a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

Finally got a pair of Soundpeats TrueAir2 from Aliexpress. Took about a month to get here. I can't recommend them highly enough. I can't do the buds, as I feel they stretch my ear canal! I prefer them to rest in my ear. The sound quality is class. I haven't used them yet, to make a call, so can't comment on the mic

I see they've come down in price on Amazon. I think you can get 20% off that too

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SOUNDPEATS-Bluetooth-Headphones-TrueWireless-Cancellation-Black/dp/B08GCMSZ74/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=SOUNDPEATS+TrueAir2&qid=1614767318&s=electronics&sr=1-3

flanzer wrote: »
    Finally got a pair of Soundpeats TrueAir2 from Aliexpress. Took about a month to get here. I can't recommend them highly enough. I can't do the buds, as I feel they stretch my ear canal! I prefer them to rest in my ear. The sound quality is class. I haven't used them yet, to make a call, so can't comment on the mic

I see they've come down in price on Amazon. I think you can get 20% off that too

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SOUNDPEATS-Bluetooth-Headphones-TrueWireless-Cancellation-Black/dp/B08GCMSZ74/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=SOUNDPEATS+TrueAir2&qid=1614767318&s=electronics&sr=1-3

I'm going to give these a go. Never been a fan of earbuds. How do I get the 20% off?

I'm going to give these a go. Never been a fan of earbuds. How do I get the 20% off?

There should be a tick box to apply a 20% discount, which is applied at check out

they are not shipped from China but it looks like it's the case with the VAT - not being handled by amazon for the VAT so Irish VAT is being added onto the price without the UK VAT being removed

they are still good earphones for £38 if phone / zoom call quality is an important feature

Yes, this is the problem it seems. Some third partys are set up for Vat and the price you see is almost exactly what you will pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thejaguar

flanzer wrote: »

I'd be interested to hear about the quality of the mic when you do get a chance to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

thejaguar wrote: »
    I'd be interested to hear about the quality of the mic when you do get a chance to use it.

+1 on the mic interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Picked up the mpow m30s based on the positive reviews here.

First impressions are that they are one of the most comfortable wireless earbuds I've ever tried. I didn't even check for alternative sized earbuds in the box, the size is perfect.

The sound is also fantastic. Great thick bass.

The downside (as with most wireless earbuds) is that the call quality is all over the place. Fades in and out and not suitable for phone calls imo.

8/10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭893bet

Deal: Axloie Wireless Headphones Sports IPX7 Waterproof Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Earbuds Headphones 35H Playtime Wireless Earphones with Charging Case Running Gym Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08PF4FQY3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_F1MYHG5MRQYZ1FHYZSHG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

893bet wrote: »
    Deal: Axloie Wireless Headphones Sports IPX7 Waterproof Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Earbuds Headphones 35H Playtime Wireless Earphones with Charging Case Running Gym Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08PF4FQY3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_F1MYHG5MRQYZ1FHYZSHG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Anyone use them?

trev44 wrote: »
    +1 on the mic interest.
    Have made several calls now in the last week, and no one has complained about call quality off the mic, and I've asked everyone ;-)

Happy to recommend as a result. I've used someone's Airpods in the past, and the quality of these are no different

My Soundpeats arrived and the best I've manged so far (after about an hour trying) is to pair one earphone with my watch. The sound of it though was absolutely amazing. I really want these to work, they're nice and small, very comfy in the ear and would be perfect for running. But if the Bluetooth is flakey it renders them useless. I'm going to leave it an hour and see what happens when I try pair them again

My Soundpeats arrived and the best I've manged so far (after about an hour trying) is to pair one earphone with my watch. The sound of it though was absolutely amazing. I really want these to work, they're nice and small, very comfy in the ear and would be perfect for running. But if the Bluetooth is flakey it renders them useless. I'm going to leave it an hour and see what happens when I try pair them again

I paired with my phone without any issues, with both working from the off. Great bit of gear for the price alright

• Registered Users Posts: 33,106 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Anyone know what the current smallest earbuds are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

Im well impressed with them, so far. I took mine out of the box, and connected straight away on the phone. I then charged them up fully before going for a walk. I walked for just over 2 hours with my daughter. We both had one earphone listening to music and did not have one drop out on bluetooth. Phone calls were perfect as well. Thanks for the heads up flanzer.

Advertisement