Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 212 Holloway v Aldo Sat 3rd June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

One Judge had it as a 30-27. Thats hard to see tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

30-27 for Assuncao is madness. That judge needs an eye test, the first two rounds were close and could be given to either man but Moraes did much more in the third.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭The White Feather

30-27? That's a bit weird

I don't think either guy came out looking good in that one

I'm telling ya......I love Karolina's smile :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

martyos121 wrote: »
    30-27 for Assuncao is madness. That judge needs an eye test, the first two rounds were close and could be given to either man but Moraes did much more in the third.

I don't think it's the worst we've seen. Assuncao took Round 1 (marginally) and 2 (clearly) in my book and round 3 is arguable. Assuncao stunned him hard in the first 30 seconds and not a lot happened after that.

The 9/4 going around on Assuncao was weird. Moraes was 1/4 in some places before a late flood of money on Assuncao.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Another hyped Mark Henry fighter the next coming of christ was coming the way they were going on pre fight.

round 3 is arguable.

I thought Moraes clearly won that round but maybe it's just me

I'm telling ya......I love Karolina's smile :)

Judging by the comments section she was responsible for about 90% of the views on Embedded this week.

She could be a huge star if she can get past Claudia and, umm, hope Joanna retires. Or (I suppose) land that right hand flush on Joanna in Round 1 next time and break her nose earlier.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Another hyped Mark Henry fighter the next coming of christ was coming the way they were going on pre fight.

This might sound harsh but I think Mark Henry is useless and is making the fighters who switch to him worse. He's just a glorified Edmond except he's riding Frankies coat-tails instead of Ronda's.

They were going on about Moraes like he was the second coming of Christ too.

He just needed to Mack it but he didn't listen!

• Advertisement

This might sound harsh but I think Mark Henry is useless and is making the fighters who switch to him worse. He's just a glorified Edmond except he's riding Frankies coat-tails instead of Ronda's.

Ah here. Let's not go nuts.

HEN MOOMENT! NOOOOOOOOOOO! :P

Anytime an Ali Abdziz fighter loses im happy so glad Moraes was beaten there, Henry has no pedigree never had a fight in his life gets way too much credit.

Anytime an Ali Abdziz fighter loses im happy so glad Moraes was beaten there, Henry has no pedigree never had a fight in his life gets way too much credit.

Ali Abdziz has got to one of the biggest chancers in MMA

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ali Abdziz has got to one of the biggest chancers in MMA

http://realfightstories.com/2015/12/02/real-ali-abdel-aziz/

Part 2 is also on that site.

One thing the bookies and public are not factoring in to all this - Brazilian MMA is in decline with aging fighters trading on old reputations.

That's just an observable fact. It wasn't that long ago that Brazil had Werdum, Aldo, Anderson, Renan Barao all killing it and if Aldo loses tonight they're left with Amanda Nunes, who to be fair had to leave Brazil to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Good fight here

Great scrap.

Another vicious ending but coulda been a bit early in the stoppage by the ref

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Ref was a bit quick there.

A joke of a stoppage.

Mario had a late stoppage earlier and now Eduardo had an early stoppage......

• Advertisement

Connected with 2 punches on the ground looking at replay. Rest hit shoulder.

By the way Assuncao just called for either a title shot or Dominick Cruz next....:rolleyes:

Not on that performance

Imagine if Max KOs Aldo in 10 secs and then looks into the camera.....

"Conor, you're next!" !!! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riYgqo12jkU

Fight companion just started ^ possibly wont discuss any of the fights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riYgqo12jkU

Fight companion just started ^ possibly wont discuss any of the fights

They discussing chem trails or Flat Earths? Sometimes it's moronic stuff especially if Eddie Bravo lurking there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,022 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Large swell of support/belief in Holloway for the big one I imagine?

Be wary going against Aldo personally, obviously I'ma big fan anyway but they are in Brazil, I like Holloway a lot but this will be a big test for him. Getting very amped for it now!

I'd like a good hard fight, but I can see Aldo shutting it down if he comes out as focused as he was against Frankie last time out. Max needs a career best to come out with the win, should be a great fight.

Forgot, may as well add my prediction, I think Holloway comes out aggressive as always and Aldo picks him off countering and chopping with kicks to eventually stop him in round 3/4

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭tinpib

Brilliantly exciting stuff again.

Man the quick finishes tonight!

How to gas yourself 101.

• Advertisement

When did bruce buffer start saying "big" john mccarthy again ?

Advertisement