Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers to be recognised as an ethnicicity tomorrow

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I'm wondering if many of the bigots (and that's what you are if you hate them as a people) would love living beside a mosque, black people, Asians etc.

I live and do business with all walks of life never an issue with them

Travellers are a different ball game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

RayM wrote: »
    I lived near some Travellers (within less than 100 metres) for a few years. I never had any trouble with them. They lived in caravans on the roadside and kept their little piece of land in very good condition. One of them fixed my lawnmower once.

Two caravans on a roadside, does not make a halting site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

[/QUOTE]

Hands up, this is a new one on me.

Is the BBC now rammed with travellers? Trying to think of any shows they present.[/quote]

I think they are fairly prominent on Crimewatch UK !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Mod: Okay, I'd like to leave this open, there's discussion to be had. As it stands, I'm closing it for review. There's been far too much sweeping stereotyping and personal insults going back and forth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement