Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy Saville exposed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Madam_X wrote: »
    Yeh I thought so too - well weird. And the notion of child abuse never entered my head at the time.

Meh, how much would they have known? Once they didn't abuse any children I'd hate for there to be scapegoating.

Unreal isn't it - exactly what Brass Eye was referring to.

For definite? Or is that just a notion?

if they didnt know anything why feel guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭AlarmBelle

I read that one paper was set to expose him but he went to another paper and in some way prevented the expose. What could he have said to the second paper to stop it?

He alleged that at one point Saville was about to be exposed by a tabloid newspaper, but quickly arranged an interview with a rival tabloid which had the effect of stopping the negative article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Any adult male that takes an inordinate interest in young girls has got to be suspect. I'm not talking doting father/grandfather here. But men who gravitate towards areas that puts them in close contact with young girls - be they work related or otherwise - should be strictly vetted on a regular basis. And parents should recognise when grooming begins to take place.
    Being a Mason would certainly have helped him to stifle legitimate inquiry ...... considering the percentage of Masons in the heirarchy of the police in Britain and in Fleet St.
    I think most ordinary people - not luvvies - realised that this was not normal behaviour. I mean his caravan parked in school grounds! Inviting young girls to his hotel room! Sitting on a chair with a young girl on his knee, behind closed doors, and whirling 'round!
    This perverted fruitcake also seems to have been emotionally void ....... apart from his bank account.
    Jimmy $aviLLe, OBE, KCSG, paedophile, (1926 - 2011)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭purplepanda

Amazing we have the so many naive posters & a minority of public opinion who always deny any wrong doing by those exposed of child abuse.:rolleyes:

Doesn't matter if the guilty are celebrities, politicians, education professionals, youth workers or clerics someone is always ready to defend them, make excuses for these vile predators & a maybe even try to blame the victims. :mad:

Child abuse is prevalent amongst the elite of society in most western countries & some in the establishment will even justify it as some form of modern pederasty. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭AlarmBelle

Spread wrote: »
    Jimmy $aviLLe, OBE, KCSG, paedophile, (1926 - 2011)
    very good especially the $

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

But men who gravitate towards areas that puts them in close contact with young girls - be they work related or otherwise - should be strictly vetted

Eh... there's been many problems with women involved in sexually abusing kids as well. I'd be off the opinion that anyone who works with children require some formal vetting. As a safe guard for them, as much as the children.

Eh... there's been many problems with women involved in sexually abusing kids as well. I'd be off the opinion that anyone who works with children require some formal vetting. As a safe guard for them, as much as the children.

Yes, I understand that. But this particular thread is about a male paedophile ...... I'm just keeping on topic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Yeah, you'd think there would be some sort of Garda vetting scheme put in place..........

Delancey wrote: »
    A BBC documentary that explored the very poor off-screen relationship between Brambell and his TV 'son' Harry H. Corbett stated he ( Brambell ) was a paedophile sex tourist and this was a source of friction between the 2 actors as well as Brambell being constantly pissed on set.

As soon as they finished shooting a series Brambell was on his way to the flesh pots of the far east.

Or The Green in Shepherd's Bush, W12 ......... where he got a warning or conviction AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Yes, I understand that. But this particular thread is about a male paedophile ...... I'm just keeping on topic!
    he was rarther partial to dead people to

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Yeah, you'd think there would be some sort of Garda vetting scheme put in place..........

My point was in reference to anyone, not just males and not that it doesn't occur.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Fuinseog wrote: »
    why do they wait until he is dead before attacking him?

surely his friends in high places would have known?

having said that plenty of people in this country defended cathal o searcaigh and David norris for their interest in young boys.

Some of them could have been up to their eyeballs in it as well, for all we know.

At the height of his fame, I think a lot of people thought he was gay, because he lived with his mother and wasn't married, and were clueless as to what he supposedly got up to with young girls because that must have been kept well under wraps.

getz wrote: »
    he was rarther partial to dead people to

Cannibalism or Necrophilia?

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Some of them could have been up to their eyeballs in it as well, for all we know.

At the height of his fame, I think a lot of people thought he was gay, because he lived with his mother and wasn't married, and were clueless as to what he supposedly got up to with young girls because that must have been kept well under wraps.
    when we were out drinking with him in the early 60s it did not show ,but as i said before he was the asst manager of a dance hall in manchester and could have most any girl he wanted,so we never really expected him to pick up the kind of birds we did,saying that two other minor celebrities at that time would also turn up and they never had a girl on their arms,one was a singer called frank ifeld a ausy and a mad scot called lonny donigan dont know if any of you remember them

My point was in reference to anyone, not just males and not that it doesn't occur.

Women need Garda clearance too.

Cannibalism or Necrophilia?
    not cannibalism but i am sure its all going to come out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

all these jobs need clearance now,don't they?

jimmy saville was more your roving pied-piper type paedophile wasn't he? rather than an employee

the fact that he was moving around and his influence prob helped kept him out of trouble

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I've read a number of accounts of supposed victims and in a few of their retelling of incidents, they mention that while they were assaulted by Saville there was another person in the room at times doing something to another under-age person - that older adult person being stated as also there, was still alive.

I wonder are the police now at least looking into this?

getz wrote: »
    when we were out drinking with him in the early 60s it did not show ,but as i said before he was the asst manager of a dance hall in manchester and could have most any girl he wanted,so we never really expected him to pick up the kind of birds we did,saying that two other minor celebrities at that time would also turn up and they never had a girl on their arms,one was a singer called frank ifeld a ausy and a mad scot called lonny donigan dont know if any of you remember them

One of my grannies was a fan of that guy and would never shut up about him, I think he came from Coventry, before he moved to Aus.

he was quite obviously a roving paedophile

i wonder how many complaints were made over the years and what action was taken?

you'd at least expect that now in 2012 -people with suspicions would pass info onto police
    i heard of one in 2007 and an investigation ensued

• Advertisement

[MOD SNIP]

Women need Garda clearance too.

You're reading more into my post differently to what I've written.

I responded to someone who presented men as a threat with vetting a requirement for any men who have a job around/directing children. All I said, that it's "anyone" who can be a threat and any vetting should be for "anyone."

I never said, there's no vetting.

I never said only men are getting vetted.

What are you at?

M cebee wrote: »
    he was quite obviously a roving paedophile

i wonder how many complaints were made over the years and what action was taken?

you'd at least expect that now in 2012 -people with suspicions would pass info onto police
    i heard of one in 2007 and an investigation ensued

The cops have probably got a list of well known public figures who could be connected to a Jimmy Savile enquiry, and are waiting for them all to die before doing anything about it.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    The cops have probably got a list of well known public figures who could be connected to a Jimmy Savile enquiry, and are waiting for them all to die before doing anything about it.

prob plenty of cops on the list too

but they don't have to sit on a story of course, like the media here

they can act ,although lack of evidence is prob an issue

You're reading more into my post differently to what I've written.

I responded to someone who presented men as a threat with vetting a requirement for any men who have a job around/directing children. All I said, that it's "anyone" who can be a threat and any vetting should be for "anyone."

I never said, there's no vetting.

I never said only men are getting vetted.

What are you at?

I took from your first post that you were giving an opinion that anyone who works with children should be vetted, I took that to mean that you didn't know/realise that there is vetting in place for everyone who works with children.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Just to note folks, unless someone is proven of being guilty of a crime, don't make claims against them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭fionnsda

humanji wrote: »
    Just to note folks, unless someone is proven of being guilty of a crime, don't make claims against them.

Does that mean that we have to say, "the alleged plaintiff, one Jack The Ripper etc" when discussing Jack The Ripper? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭fionnsda

humanji wrote: »

Whats he gonna do haunt us!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

fionnsda wrote: »
    Whats he gonna do haunt us!:)

No. He'll haunt your children.

Advertisement