Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

anderson is standing, looks like they are ready to call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Done to death? It's a clear indication the marbles aren't all there or even nearly all there. I've never been a big fan of Trump but he's been better than the alternatives. If the dems had put a reasonable candidate I'd probably prefer them to Trump.

Let me ask you something - serious question - would you trust Biden to drive you home from the airport? Let's say it's rush hour traffic, major airport - would you allow that man to drive you home? Never mind be leader of the most powerful country in the world? Genuine question, please be honest. I sure as hell wouldn't.

The USA was voting for a president, not a taxi driver. Biden is a decent, honourable man. That's a head start on the yob who has now made his country look like the Central African Republic. Biden will listen to wise, sane, civilised counsel.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

Done to death? It's a clear indication the marbles aren't all there or even nearly all there. I've never been a big fan of Trump but he's been better than the alternatives. If the dems had put a reasonable candidate I'd probably prefer them to Trump.

It’s a classic “I am not a Trump fan, BUT...“ again.

I thought we were done with assumptions about Biden’s mental capabilities in these threads?

To answer your question: Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Jin luk wrote: »
    Is trump closing in on Biden in Arizona now? And all them news outlets calling it the other day for biden!?

Trump is scraping back a few votes but nowhere near enough to catch Biden. As each batch of new ballots gets counted, Biden's odds shorten. He is now 1/20.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If the voting system is as corrupt as he alleges, and he was doing so since his race with hilary, why didn't he do anything about it over the last 4 years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Is anyone watching CNN..

A case yesterday in court, about no observers the judge pushed the lawyer to confirm there was NO republican observers there the lawyer replied.... There was a non 0 number of observers there!!

I said it when this sh!t was starting unless I see a lawyer in front of the cameras stating the case and not any of the rabble rousing squad I ain't buying the votes are fraudulent lie they're trying to sell us.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,176 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

briany wrote: »
    Trump: *ahem*, any and all alleged federal crimes committed during my presidency. Go on, Mike.
    pjohnson wrote: »
    FYP

Pardons can only be for crimes already committed. there is case law to support this.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,784 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

froog wrote: »
    anderson is standing, looks like they are ready to call it.

I think you are looking for any sign this crash is nearly over :o CNN anchors have been standing for 3 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

If the voting system is as corrupt as he alleges, and he was doing so since his race with hilary, why didn't he do anything about it over the last 4 years?

He did, he set up a commission to look at.. they found the sum of zero fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,288 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Let me ask you something - serious question - would you trust Biden to drive you home from the airport? Let's say it's rush hour traffic, major airport - would you allow that man to drive you home? Never mind be leader of the most powerful country in the world? Genuine question, please be honest. I sure as hell wouldn't.

...well that's an opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

These republicans looking for money to help fight voter fraud is looking increasingly like a scam to get money out of gullible suckers:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

No. Pence could issue a blanket pardon to trump for any and all federal crimes committed during his time as president.

That would mean the sealed indictment that James Comey left waiting for Trump in the FBI is still valid as the Russia collusion happened before he became President. It also leaves him on the hook for the hush money payments to Stormy Daniels which were illegal under campaign rules. On top of that he has cases of rape, child sexual abuse and tax and financial fraud coming his way too. The tax and financial fraud cases are being prosecuted by New York so a presidental pardon isnt valid there either, its only for federal crimes.

This aricle is a long read but goes into some detail on the kind of legal troubles he faces as soon as he leaves the White House.
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2020/11/09/why-trump-cant-afford-to-lose?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=onsite-share&utm_brand=the-new-yorker&utm_social-type=earned

I reckon Trump would look great in an orange jumpsuit, it would match his face

cnocbui wrote: »
    Is there a link for that?

There is precedent for it. When Nixon resigned Gerald Ford issued him a pardon for any crimes he may have committed as president. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pardon_of_Richard_Nixon

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Trump would remind you of Americas dumbest criminals programme ,hello police i want to report a crime , what's your compliant ,I lost 10 kgs of pure coke ,I was to robbed ,who robbed you .

I don't know I cant find my coke send help

E mac wrote: »
    Fake news/ alternative facts ...is this a new form of language

what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

john king looking very fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Fox News reporter vehemently denying the anchor's suggestion that Republican poll watchers were allowed to observe properly. Admitted they were at one point quite a distance away but you could see the conviction. He cut her down completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,151 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

There is precedent for it. When Nixon resigned Gerald Ford issued him a pardon for any crimes he may have committed as president. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pardon_of_Richard_Nixon

The campaign finance violations, is that a state or federal crime? The Stormy payment was made before trump became president right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

feargale wrote: »
    Biden is a decent, honourable man..

Who's under investigation for corruption and his family members happened to make tonnes of money when he was given any power to negotiate in foreign countries. Biden in Iraq, his brother happens to also head over to iraq and get a piece of a billion dollar project (which fell through). Biden in Ukraine, his son just so happens to be put on the board of a known corrupt gas company, that's coincidence number two. China, Biden sent over for negotiations and again coincidentally his son happens to also get a deal out of nowhere with the Chinese government.

Let's not kid ourselves, I know you support Biden and you can whatabout with Trump all you like, it doesn't change the fact that all these corrupt-looking coincidences happened consistently through his career and he represents the kleptocracy that only Trump-hate can cause people to overlook. Any other politician at any other time it would be obviously indefensible.

[This post has been highlighted by Boards.ie to contain disputed information. Joe Biden has not been convicted of any crime and his stutter likely caused any of this perceived corruption]

namloc1980 wrote: »
    These republicans looking for money to help fight voter fraud is looking increasingly like a scam to get money out of gullible suckers:

Is Fights instead of Flights a Freudian slip?

https://twitter.com/ChuckCallesto/status/1324788773260009475?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

• Registered Users Posts: 11,151 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Who's under investigation for corruption and his family members happened to make tonnes of money when he was given any power in to negotiate in foreign countries. Biden in Iraq, his brother happens to also head over to iraq and get a piece of a billion dollar project (which fell through). Biden in Ukraine, his son just so happens to be put on the board of a known corrupt gas company, that's coincidence number two. China, Biden sent over for negotiations and again coincidentally his son happens to also get a deal out of nowhere with the Chinese government.

Let's not kid ourselves, I know you support Biden and you can whatabout with Trump all you like, it doesn't change the fact that all these corrupt-looking coincidences happened consistently through his career and he represents the kleptocracy that only Trump-hate can cause people to overlook. Any other politician at any other time it would be obviously indefensible.

Biden isn't under investigation

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

what?

Trump famously uses the term 'fake news'
    KellyAnne Conway when challenged on blatant lie said it was an 'alternative fact'
    That republican layer today when asked by the judge if republican observers were present at a count said there were 'non zero' present ...

As I said is this a new language spoken to avoid admitting a decisive yes or no to a question..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Who's under investigation for corruption and his family members happened to make tonnes of money when he was given any power to negotiate in foreign countries. Biden in Iraq, his brother happens to also head over to iraq and get a piece of a billion dollar project (which fell through). Biden in Ukraine, his son just so happens to be put on the board of a known corrupt gas company, that's coincidence number two. China, Biden sent over for negotiations and again coincidentally his son happens to also get a deal out of nowhere with the Chinese government.

I hear he eats children too.
    OMG.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,671 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Whatever one can unearth on Biden to show him in an unfavourable light, it pales in comparison to the horror that is Trump.

Biden, for me is a very weak candidate; yet still a clearly better choice than Trump!

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Biden isn’t under investigation.

You really can’t help lying, can you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

No real proof has been made public and he isn’t under investigation for anything. He was investigated by a republican committee over the Ukraine stuff though and guess what they found?

Trump on the other hand is facing multiple state level investigations into his campaign finances and other things.

You’ve you’re working cut out for you banging this drum.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    That would mean the sealed indictment that James Comey left waiting for Trump in the FBI is still valid as the Russia collusion happened before he became President. It also leaves him on the hook for the hush money payments to Stormy Daniels which were illegal under campaign rules. On top of that he has cases of rape, child sexual abuse and tax and financial fraud coming his way too. The tax and financial fraud cases are being prosecuted by New York so a presidental pardon isnt valid there either, its only for federal crimes.

This aricle is a long read but goes into some detail on the kind of legal troubles he faces as soon as he leaves the White House.
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2020/11/09/why-trump-cant-afford-to-lose?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=onsite-share&utm_brand=the-new-yorker&utm_social-type=earned

I reckon Trump would look great in an orange jumpsuit, it would match his face

Id forgotten about that. Pence could also pardon for any and all federal crimes committed to date. that would cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,784 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You know better than to trust that source. About anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Who's under investigation for corruption and his family members happened to make tonnes of money when he was given any power to negotiate in foreign countries.
    Trump was earlier this year? Did I answer correctly?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement