Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky 500MB Broadband, Tv and and Sky Sports €55pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

kline64 wrote: »
    Deal must be over its gone to €80 now

It is the 1st of December, Sky had a huge banner counting down to the deal ending for the last 3 weeks or more.

I think they gave plenty of time to get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kline64

shmeee wrote: »
    It is the 1st of December, Sky had a huge banner counting down to the deal ending for the last 3 weeks or more.

I think they gave plenty of time to get on!

I know they did, I was just saying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,682 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

g0g wrote: »
    Signed up for this to switch from Siro VF to Sky. Broadband changeover went fine on Friday, but VF decided to take today as my final service day when Sky aren't going to install their TV until the 8th. So I have the essential broadband (which at least gives me Netflix + Disney) but no "normal TV"!
    I've had SKY before so whether it's via dish or the Siro line I think I'm ready to just plug in - by any chance do they send the box in advance of the install guy so maybe I can self-serve?

You would have had to give Vodafone 30 days notice, I doubt sky would have done this for you.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

You would have had to give Vodafone 30 days notice, I doubt sky would have done this for you.

Do you have to give Voda 30 days notice? I assumed when Sky took over and I received the "sorry you left us" email from Vodafone I was done. Like the mobile phone contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

SachaJ wrote: »
    Do you have to give Voda 30 days notice? I assumed when Sky took over and I received the "sorry you left us" email from Vodafone I was done. Like the mobile phone contracts.

I gave Vodafone 30 days notice on November 8th and they've had my TV knocked off since last week, no too bothered as I have iptv but a very sly move imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Iguarantee

There are loads of happy Sky customers obviously but just to share my recent experience with Sky.

I’ve recently cancelled my Sky subscription.

They really, really make you work for the cancellation. They repeatedly told me you have to give exactly 31 days notice i.e. you can’t ring with 32 days or more or 30 days or less notice. This was contradicted by their complaints department and their own T&C document which I had signed up to when opening my account. They didn’t actually know what the rules were.

I spent more than 5 hours on the phone to Sky to cancel, ultimately being asked “are you sure you want to cancel” four times by the last agent. This was followed by “You need broadband, what are you going to do?”.

I found Sky completely unremarkable, the speeds were fine on the broadband and there was next to no downtime. Their customer service was very, very poor though.

Never again.

I gave Vodafone 30 days notice on November 8th and they've had my TV knocked off since last week, no too bothered as I have iptv but a very sly move imo

Similar happened me, gave them 30 days notice, 5 days later the TV stopped. Told them I won't be paying for the 30 days!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Broadband installation due today but no router yet! Guessing the engineer will just bring the line in and then when it arrives its plug and play? Thankfully kept our Virgin connection in place for couple of weeks as with two people WFH no broadband would kill us.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

Carphone Warehouse still doing Sky Sports or Sky Cinema free for 12 months at the €55 until 3rd December if anyone missed the BF deal:

https://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/broadband-tv-offers

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

TopCashBack have deals for Sky Ireland with up to £74.25 cashback for superfast BB.

Check the referrals forum for more referral links for extra 5 pounds back.

• Advertisement

jhammer wrote: »
    Broadband installation due today but no router yet! Guessing the engineer will just bring the line in and then when it arrives its plug and play? Thankfully kept our Virgin connection in place for couple of weeks as with two people WFH no broadband would kill us.

:mad: There's a blockage leading to our house. KN civil have to get involved but i imagine the cost will be huge!!
    Would love to keep Sky Tv and stick with our current broadband but the deal for €55 for all with Sky is cheaper than what i would pay for Sky Tv on its own!!

The more i think of it its probably best to keep the current deal at €55 regardless of having no broadband!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

jhammer wrote: »
    :mad: There's a blockage leading to our house. KN civil have to get involved but i imagine the cost will be huge!!
    Would love to keep Sky Tv and stick with our current broadband but the deal for €55 for all with Sky is cheaper than what i would pay for Sky Tv on its own!!

If KN Civil are getting involved doesn't that mean that it's covered without charge to you?

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    If KN Civil are getting involved doesn't that mean that it's covered without charge to you?

Surprisingly yes this is the case. Which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Folks if you are moving from another siro to sky siro should the sky siro work immediately (is the day after activation date) while your connection to previous provider is still live? Not getting an internet connection with sky hub when I tried earlier.

Folks if you are moving from another siro to sky siro should the sky siro work immediately (is the day after activation date) while your connection to previous provider is still live? Not getting an internet connection with sky hub when I tried earlier.

It definitely should work on or after the day of activation. Worked for me with a switchover from Vodafone. The Vodafone TV box refused to play along however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Thanks, did you get any communication that it had activated? Even though activation date was yesterday it still says in progress beside the order tracking link sky sent on which also mentions them confirming when it's active (but I haven't received anything).

Thanks, did you get any communication that it had activated? Even though activation date was yesterday it still says in progress beside the order tracking link sky sent on which also mentions them confirming when it's active (but I haven't received anything).

It took a few days for it to switch to the Sky broadband but it still worked. I think the only reason it wouldn't work is if your previous provider has cut their service or if there is a technical issue, such as connection to the correct wan port or a problem with the router.
    First thing I would do is check the cable connections. Siro to router cable goes into the far right slot, 4, I think.

If you run a speed test it will tell you who the provider is, mine has changed over to sky but I'm still using the Vodafone router as it has more ports. Will change that this weekend. The siro needs to go into port 4 on the sky router. Check that and the other connections.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14 marcuslally2

Iguarantee wrote: »
    There are loads of happy Sky customers obviously but just to share my recent experience with Sky.

I’ve recently cancelled my Sky subscription.

They really, really make you work for the cancellation. They repeatedly told me you have to give exactly 31 days notice i.e. you can’t ring with 32 days or more or 30 days or less notice. This was contradicted by their complaints department and their own T&C document which I had signed up to when opening my account. They didn’t actually know what the rules were.

I spent more than 5 hours on the phone to Sky to cancel, ultimately being asked “are you sure you want to cancel” four times by the last agent. This was followed by “You need broadband, what are you going to do?”.

I found Sky completely unremarkable, the speeds were fine on the broadband and there was next to no downtime. Their customer service was very, very poor though.

Never again.

They are absolute bandits. And expect phone calls over the next few months offering you even more great deals to rejoin them. The level of harassment is near criminal.

Avoid them like the plague

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭ltd440

If you run a speed test it will tell you who the provider is, mine has changed over to sky but I'm still using the Vodafone router as it has more ports. Will change that this weekend. The siro needs to go into port 4 on the sky router. Check that and the other connections.
    Can I use my Vodafone router after Vodafone have cut me off??, I'm waiting for my sky kit to arrive, according to sky it will arrive last Tuesday

ltd440 wrote: »
    Can I use my Vodafone router after Vodafone have cut me off??, I'm waiting for my sky kit to arrive, according to sky it will arrive last Tuesday

Yes.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Yes.
    I never unplugged my Vodafone router but my broadband cut off yesterday, is there some settings I need to change?, any help would be greatly appreciated

I never unplugged my Vodafone router but my broadband cut off yesterday, is there some settings I need to change?, any help would be greatly appreciated

You need to have your sky broadband activated. When is your activation date?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

You need to have your sky broadband activated. When is your activation date?

Yesterday, 3/12,i rang sky this morning and all he was able to tell me was the info from my sky emails

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I was in the same situation. My Vodafone router didn’t work when Sky activated their broadband. I assumed it would. I didn’t try too hard to get it going, just waited for Sky router to arrive.

I rang Sky to ask the whereabouts of my router. While on the phone, I asked the question about using old router. A sales agent told me it would work but maybe some settings needed to be changed. A tech agent told me it wouldn’t work, I had to wait. Which I suspected was bollocks.

Why they are dispatching routers to arrive days after deactivating existing connections, I have no idea.

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    I was in the same situation. My Vodafone router didn’t work when Sky activated their broadband. I assumed it would. I didn’t try too hard to get it going, just waited for Sky router to arrive.

I rang Sky to ask the whereabouts of my router. While on the phone, I asked the question about using old router. A sales agent told me it would work but maybe some settings needed to be changed. A tech agent told me it wouldn’t work, I had to wait. Which I suspected was bollocks.

Why they are dispatching routers to arrive days after deactivating existing connections, I have no idea.
    Can I ask how long after you got cut off till your sky router arrived, I'm hotspottng my phone fto my firestick so I have Netflix and will survive a few days without broadband but my kids are threatening a revolution if they can't game online soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Can I ask how long after you got cut off till your sky router arrived, I'm hotspottng my phone fto my firestick so I have Netflix and will survive a few days without broadband but my kids are threatening a revolution if they can't game online soon

Got cut off on a Tuesday morning. Late that night I got email from An Post saying they had it. Was delivered Thursday morning. So 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

Exactly the same as my story. Banging my head off the wall with them yesterday. When I kept asking why did you take over the line when you knew I didn't have your router, I just didn't get an answer. I asked for one to be couriered overnight - no chance I was told.
    They have arranged a call back on Dec 10th - in a week!! - and he said if I didn't have it then they would start the process of sending a new one. In a week!! I was like are you ******* serious!
    It's a shambles.

• Advertisement

legend99 wrote: »
    Exactly the same as my story. Banging my head off the wall with them yesterday. When I kept asking why did you take over the line when you knew I didn't have your router, I just didn't get an answer. I asked for one to be couriered overnight - no chance I was told.
    They have arranged a call back on Dec 10th - in a week!! - and he said if I didn't have it then they would start the process of sending a new one. In a week!! I was like are you ******* serious!
    It's a shambles.

When I click on the sky link, it says item dispatched, but when I go further and click into the an post link it says, not on system,.
    So it looks like an post haven't even scanned it into their system yet. I guess I'm going to be waiting for a while yet

Advertisement