Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky 500MB Broadband, Tv and and Sky Sports €55pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

Then and eir to be avoided at all costs

Who are the alternatives??? Awful customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭corks finest

bailey99 wrote: »

I jacked both and there’s plenty of alternatives

• Registered Users Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭corks finest

I sssume your being serious? There’s loads of streaming services

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

It's easy to contact sky via twitter and get them to contact you if they need to

lawred2 wrote: »
    It's easy to contact sky via twitter and get them to contact you if they need to

Not on Twitter

• Advertisement

I sssume your being serious? There’s loads of streaming services

I meant legit providers. While I'll save on most things Im happy to pay something reasonable for a reliable TV service.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Not virgin anyway, their customer service is beyond awful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Good deal so went for it. Was paying €40 for broadband with Vodafone & I have NowTV as well, so bit of a no brainer really.

But bad experience so far & customer service is dreadful as others have said. Ordered 5 days ago. They cancelled my Vodafone today & activated Sky but haven’t sent me the router yet!

Online chat are pointless, just tell you to ring for support. One of them asked me 5 different security questions and then told me they couldn’t help. On the phone over 25 minutes as I type this.

I’m using my phone as a hotspot for WiFi, so I’m ok but it’s not ideal. I could probably use my old router if I find the correct settings but f** it, I think the Sky one is on the way. Bit of a shambles from them to be activating the service without posting the router. Like another couple of days on Vodafone wouldn’t have killed me.

^ After I got through, I was told an Engineer is calling on 5th of December to install broadband. When I told them I thought that was the tv installation, they said router is arriving tomorrow and it’s just plug & go, no installation required. Waste of a phone call. At least after the first 4 minutes some guy answered & rang me back so I didn’t pay for full call. Probably would have hung up otherwise.

Good value offer but beware there could be a bit of hassle getting up & running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Its bloody outrageous. What is the regulator doing ffs?

You simply cannot get any questions answered. I have an issue around claiming a reward and I need someone to look into it for me (I signed up and was told we would get a €50 prepaid mastercard as part of the deal after we paid our first bill and it was paid last week.)

Not a sign of this reward in the rewards page under my account. This SPECIFIC issue is not covered under their frequently answered questions that they want to direct you to for everything.

Even when you call you find yourself being directed there. It seems they can willfully ignore you once they have you on the hook as a customer.

Even finding the link for the online chat is like searching for a needle in a haystack

• Advertisement

Blanco100 wrote: »
    ...I signed up and was told we would get a €50 prepaid mastercard as part of the deal after we paid our first bill and it was paid last week...

Something to look forward to next month :-(
    And cancelling next year. I know that’s going to be a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,767 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Blanco always wise to read the terms and conditions.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

I have to say it's gone smoothly for me so far. Broadband is up and running and the TV service was installed today. I'd be half tempted with Multiscreen/Multiroom if there was an offer going. I'm unable to see any current offers for customers as the page keeps giving an error

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Are they not doing the tv deal for sky this year

Love how im the one made to feel like ive made a blunder.

Barring the terms and conditions stated "we are talking out of our hole and you can forget about the €50 mastercard you were offered to sign up" then I don't see what grounds they would have to go back on this.

Its blatant false advertising.

I'm not a fan of Sky or any big tech corporation but having had Vodafone TV for 12 months I can safely say, despite any customer care glitches, the Sky Q array of HD channels, movies, and included Netflix uhd is in a different class to all it's competitors.
    By a light year the best TV variety and quality available.
    I'm already worrying how to get the wife to agree to drop it next year when the deal runs out.

I'm not a fan of Sky or any big tech corporation but having had Vodafone TV for 12 months I can safely say, despite any customer care glitches, the Sky Q array of HD channels, movies, and included Netflix uhd is in a different class to all it's competitors.
    By a light year the best TV variety and quality available.
    I'm already worrying how to get the wife to agree to drop it next year when the deal runs out.

I was working out what just broadband and the basic TV package would work out at in 12 months and it's nearly 100 quid per month

I'd say I've switched on the sports once since the deal was activated... and that's with me having added sports extra as well..

If I was to keep all that - it would be near 170 quid or something..

Nuts

I'll be leaving anyway once the 12 months is up no way I'll be paying that much, I barely watch live TV anymore, everything is mostly streaming always good deals to be had when shopping around.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

What does it say to make you think people won’t get the €50 card?

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    What does it say to make you think people won’t get the €50 card?

Never said he wouldn't get it.

Terms say that you only the prepaid mastercard once you have paid your first month's subscription. So you have to wait until after that.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Never said he wouldn't get it.

Terms say that you only the prepaid mastercard once you have paid your first month's subscription. So you have to wait until after that.

They are aware of that already, so I say they did read T&C. They said they already paid for the first month & still didn’t get it.

They are aware of that already, so I say they did read T&C. They said they already paid for the first month & still didn’t get it.

Well this deal is running less than 3 weeks, you have to wait 30 days from installation.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Well this deal is running less than 3 weeks, you have to wait 30 days from installation.

I actually signed up on 21st October and installation was 3rd November.

I was told it would be available after first bill payment which was last week. Here's hoping it will be 30 days from installation

Still no means of speaking with anyone though. Its a joke. Constantly directed to the website to sort it out yourself

But bad experience so far & customer service is dreadful as others have said. Ordered 5 days ago. They cancelled my Vodafone today & activated Sky but haven’t sent me the router yet!...

Router arrived this morning, so 2 days without broadband. They dispatched on the same day as activating the service.

Anyway all up & running in a few minutes & everything working fine. All devices connected, no issues streaming or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Still no means of speaking with anyone though. Its a joke. Constantly directed to the website to sort it out yourself

yep it took me a month to get through. You just gotta accept the 40/50mins wait

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

Hi
    I'm currently on eir FTTH. So what's the process in terms of Broadband on this? Will Sky need to do a SIRO install etc or do they just take over the eir connection?
    Tks

P.S. Does Sky come with a phone line?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

quick q. I recently readded Sky broadband to my existing package but lost my local phone number and received a CRN(not a biggie) but is there a phone line included with the 55e deal or does it remove your landline number and just give you a CRN. Have a relative looking to order before midnight but wants to keep their landline

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    quick q. I recently readded Sky broadband to my existing package but lost my local phone number and received a CRN(not a biggie) but is there a phone line included with the 55e deal or does it remove your landline number and just give you a CRN. Have a relative looking to order before midnight but wants to keep their landline

You can get voip for a fiver

Presume you can keep the same number

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭g0g

Signed up for this to switch from Siro VF to Sky. Broadband changeover went fine on Friday, but VF decided to take today as my final service day when Sky aren't going to install their TV until the 8th. So I have the essential broadband (which at least gives me Netflix + Disney) but no "normal TV"!
    I've had SKY before so whether it's via dish or the Siro line I think I'm ready to just plug in - by any chance do they send the box in advance of the install guy so maybe I can self-serve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kline64

Deal must be over its gone to €80 now

Advertisement