Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2 grant letters for the same application?

Options
  • 12-11-2020 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Has anyone ever received 2 different grant letters for e same licence application?

I submitted an application back in September for an air rifle. I received a grant letter in the middle of October which I paid the fee of €80. Now today I received another grant letter with a different application number for the same rifle but with a note saying I was only granted this licence with 500 rounds and not the 1000 I applied for, this note was not in the first grant letter. Has this happened to anyone before? I'm not sure what's expected of me to do now as I have already paid the €80 after reciving the first grant letter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

alan86 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever received 2 different grant letters for e same licence application?

I submitted an application back in September for an air rifle. I received a grant letter in the middle of October which I paid the fee of €80. Now today I received another grant letter with a different application number for the same rifle but with a note saying I was only granted this licence with 500 rounds and not the 1000 I applied for, this note was not in the first grant letter. Has this happened to anyone before? I'm not sure what's expected of me to do now as I have already paid the €80 after reciving the first grant letter.

Just ring the station and tell them there must have been a mistake since you already have a license for the gun. As for the ammo limit, go by whatever is on the original.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Ring no one.

You have the license with the 1,000 on it. You're legal. After 30 days the second grant is void if not paid.

I'd stick it in a drawer and enjoy your shooting with your first/original license.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

Cass wrote: »
    Ring no one.

You have the license with the 1,000 on it. You're legal. After 30 days the second grant is void if not paid.

I'd stick it in a drawer and enjoy your shooting with your first/original license.

Yep agree with cass. This happened my friend in September there. He paid for the first one and got a second one a month after but made the mistake of paying for that too because he had just put in another renewal form and thought it was it. Long story short is he couldn't get his money back for the second one or couldn't transfer it for another. It was pretty much gone and that was it

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭JP22

Yep agree with cass. This happened my friend in September there. He paid for the first one and got a second one a month after but made the mistake of paying for that too because he had just put in another renewal form and thought it was it. Long story short is he couldn't get his money back for the second one or couldn't transfer it for another. It was pretty much gone and that was it

I know mistakes occur from time to time, BUT surely you are entitled to a refund especially from a Government Department for something you paid for but did not receive.

OK, I know I put my foot in it, we all pay for stuff (roads, signage lighting, sewage, etc) which we do not get, but you all know what I mean. Not getting a refund for a license thats not issued is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

JP22 wrote: »
    I know mistakes occur from time to time, BUT surely you are entitled to a refund especially from a Government Department for something you paid for but did not receive.

OK, I know I put my foot in it, we all pay for stuff (roads, signage lighting, sewage, etc) which we do not get, but you all know what I mean. Not getting a refund for a license thats not issued is crazy.

Yep completely agree. It's crazy but he rang up and said it's not in their remit to refund his payment. They said they will try keep a note of it and work something the next time his licence comes up. I think he will be waiting by the sounds of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

If he paid by card, tell him to get onto his card provider and have them do a charge back - as he's been charged twice for the same thing, and he can't get a refund from the service provider.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I would ring the FPU and have them bin the application or you could end up having two pulse ID's like me. Which caused lots of problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭alan86

Thanks for all the replies. I'm not sure what to do tbh. I have already paid for the first licence that arrived so I have no intention of paying for the second one and with it being a government agency trying to get a refund will be a pain in the arse. I think I will just contact them to ask them to cancel the second one as I have already paid for the first and this is their mistake so they can resolve it.

Advertisement