Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭limabromac

Return booking worked for you? I presumed it would have to have been the outgoing one!

Yes the return flight... As you are getting refunded for all flights on the booking so the last flight you take is the returning flight..

This form is designed to frustrate you, it took me numerous goes and I kept getting the same message all the time.. so I chatted to ryanair and I chatted to Ryanair who advised me to put these details in and it worked ....

I had booked for myself and members of my family and I put my FILs name first on the original booking so I had to enter my FILs name first on the refund form aswell... so when the voucher came it was in his not even in my name...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

limabromac wrote: »
    Yes the return flight... As you are getting refunded for all flights on the booking so the last flight you take is the returning flight..

This form is designed to frustrate you, it took me numerous goes and I kept getting the same message all the time.. so I chatted to ryanair and I chatted to Ryanair who advised me to put these details in and it worked ....

I had booked for myself and members of my family and I put my FILs name first on the original booking so I had to enter my FILs name first on the refund form aswell... so when the voucher came it was in his not even in my name...

Well, tried it and got "a previous application has already been made" :( Dammit ryanair

Well, tried it and got "a previous application has already been made" :( Dammit ryanair

Great ... well in 21 days approximately you will get a voucher refund email...

Great ... well in 21 days approximately you will get a voucher refund email...

Do you receive an email once you press submit? I just didn't get any confirmation screen or anything because it kept erroring out. Thanks for your help

Do you receive an email once you press submit? I just didn't get any confirmation screen or anything because it kept erroring out. Thanks for your help

No unfortunately you do not receive an email.nothing to say you have submitted it...you could try and submit again and take a screen shot of the screen saying "request was already submitted"...just for proof for yourself..

I chatted with their representatives a few weeks after I received the voucher email to confirm i was in the refund Queue and not the voucher queue and they sent me a copy of that transcript for my records...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Has anyone been able to get on the Ryanair live chat?

I've tried a few times and its just a blank screen ,doesn't even load up the bot .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

yabadabado wrote: »

I've tried a few times and its just a blank screen ,doesn't even load up the bot .

For the craic I opened it up at the start of a work day a few times. Never had I gotten a reply in the 9-10 hour work day!

For the craic I opened it up at the start of a work day a few times. Never had I gotten a reply in the 9-10 hour work day!

Try this link to speak to a ryanair csa

https://secure.livecha...n_chat.cgi?groups=18
    I spoke to a polite lady who confirmed I was in the refund cash queue and she sent me a copy of the transcript

Try this link to speak to a ryanair csa

https://secure.livecha...n_chat.cgi?groups=18
    I spoke to a polite lady who confirmed I was in the refund cash queue and she sent me a copy of the transcript

It worked a month ago for me...might not work now...

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Curious questions -flight going out might b cancelled, if this happens, will I be able to get a refund on the return flight which is still operational at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Curious questions -flight going out might b cancelled, if this happens, will I be able to get a refund on the return flight which is still operational at this stage
    You should wait for the return to be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

yabadabado wrote: »

Took me 10ish minutes mid afternoon last Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Caranica wrote: »
    Took me 10ish minutes mid afternoon last Tuesday

I tried several times this afternoon and it was always a blank screen.

Usually it loads up the chat bot and then you can get onto a cs rep but wasn't working for me.
    Must try again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Daniel112

Hi guys, just wanted to let ye know that I successfully got a refund from Ryanair for my March flights today. We were lucky enough to pay using Paypal so as soon as they started this whole business of offering vouchers when we had asked for a refund, we opened a Paypal claim. We escalated the claim immediately and provided the necessary information and then had to wait for ryanair response. It took them a week to respond to Paypal and then another week for Paypal to make their descision so ultimately about 20 days later the case was awarded in our favour and the money hit our account today.

I'm writing this in the hopes it helps some of ye out as well in getting your money back as I understand this whole business of dealing with them has been nothing short of a nightmare!

Daniel112 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wanted to let ye know that I successfully got a refund from Ryanair for my March flights today. We were lucky enough to pay using Paypal so as soon as they started this whole business of offering vouchers when we had asked for a refund, we opened a Paypal claim. We escalated the claim immediately and provided the necessary information and then had to wait for ryanair response. It took them a week to respond to Paypal and then another week for Paypal to make their descision so ultimately about 20 days later the case was awarded in our favour and the money hit our account today.

I'm writing this in the hopes it helps some of ye out as well in getting your money back as I understand this whole business of dealing with them has been nothing short of a nightmare!

Great news!!..well done...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Daniel112 wrote: »

.... could also mean that PayPal are coming off Ryanair#s list of acceptable methods of payment!! No-one messes with the Blue & Yellow!"!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Masala wrote: »
    .... could also mean that PayPal are coming off Ryanair#s list of acceptable methods of payment!! No-one messes with the Blue & Yellow!"!

Chargebacks are also working for the customers to get their money back too so does that mean they will stop taking visa and MasterCard too ? Doubt it very much, Ryanair have to pay it back eventually it’s all a delay tactic

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

First off apologies if my question has already been answered. We have a family trip booked for July and received an email today confirming the return leg is cancelled with 2 options: 1. Apply for Refund 2. Change cancelled flight (for free).

We'd happily change to next year however when you try to do this its only the cancelled flight they are allowing to be changed for free so the cost for family of 5 to change is €500+.

We could actually book the flights for next year as a new booking with a €300 saving on what we paid for this years flights if we knew we could get a full refund. Am I correct in assuming that the apply for refund would only give me a refund for the current cancelled leg? i.e. I need to wait for both legs to be cancelled to either apply for a full refund or be able to change the full itinerary FOC.

donnacha wrote: »
    First off apologies if my question has already been answered. We have a family trip booked for July and received an email today confirming the return leg is cancelled with 2 options: 1. Apply for Refund 2. Change cancelled flight (for free).

We'd happily change to next year however when you try to do this its only the cancelled flight they are allowing to be changed for free so the cost for family of 5 to change is €500+.

We could actually book the flights for next year as a new booking with a €300 saving on what we paid for this years flights if we knew we could get a full refund. Am I correct in assuming that the apply for refund would only give me a refund for the current cancelled leg? i.e. I need to wait for both legs to be cancelled to either apply for a full refund or be able to change the full itinerary FOC.

Hello...yes wait until the both flights are cancelled and then you can move both or ask for a refund.... They seem to cancel the return leg first and then a few days later cancel the outbound ..
    You could potentially put through the refund form now i think for both legs ryanair will review the form and issue their response after 20 days ...
    Since your flight is not in July you will have ample time to ask for refund or change dates when both legs are cxld....

i filled out the refund request form last week and it kept failing so i opened a paypal dispute, today i got an email offering a voucher or link to stay in the queue for cash which appears to be only a link to a chat bot, should i stay on the chat to request a cash refund because it seems to be taking ages, i ahve been on for an hour now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

OmegaGene wrote: »
    i filled out the refund request form last week and it kept failing so i opened a paypal dispute, today i got an email offering a voucher or link to stay in the queue for cash which appears to be only a link to a chat bot, should i stay on the chat to request a cash refund because it seems to be taking ages, i ahve been on for an hour now

I filled out and no option for voucher, rang up waited on phone and was told no option yet for my flights for either cash or voucher, and I will not be refunded till after crisis is over, very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

They told me that I wasn't in the queue for a refund unless I declined the voucher on chat. That despite me requesting the refund at least three times previously. Stay on chat, it's a pain but you'll get someone eventually. Took me 15 minutes around 3pm on a Tuesday two weeks ago.
    I filled out and no option for voucher, rang up waited on phone and was told no option yet for my flights for either cash or voucher, and I will not be refunded till after crisis is over, very annoying

You get the voucher offer by email in the next week or so. You don't opt for it at refund application. Refund queue is several million people long now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Whoop. Heard nothing since I filled out the chargeback form a few weeks ago. I've just received an email from Natwest informing me that the money is back in my account!

Received the voucher email a few days ago, just waiting in line in the chat now to request to stay in the refund queue. Lets hope this goes smoothly

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭NickSantigo

Refund Success

I got an email from Ryanair yesterday confirming my refund
    "We acknowledge your request for a refund in lieu of a travel voucher for your unused booking.

We confirm that your refund request has been processed back to the form of payment used to pay for your booking. Your issuing bank will take 5-7 working days to process this refund amount back to your account."

Had been waiting since March for a refund but getting no joy. They kept offering me a voucher.
    I lodged a complaint to the regulator here https://www.flightrights.ie/ and all of a sudden things started to move.

May be worth making a complaint if you are getting no joy dealing with Ryanair directly
    Happy hunting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭deeobrien

A friend of mine got her Ryanair refund by getting on to the chat and requesting it (funds hit her account this morning). So I said I would try it today. I had submitted my initial refund request back in March (both flights had been cancelled). I got emailed a voucher a few weeks back but I didn't accept it.

Opened up the chat today. Was waiting about 15 mins and an agent arrived. She said she would request the refund and let them know I wasn't accepting the voucher. I should get an email confirming the request in the next 48 hours. She couldn't give me a time frame for the refund .

Here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭Patser

Yep, had similar 'success' yesterday after trying the Ryanair chat again. After months of waiting hours on it with no connection, was almost caught out to be chatting after 15 minutes. Requested refund, they said ok, and got an email very soon after - but that says will be refunded as soon as possible, which in Ryanair speak could be anytime

I got through as well they said I won't get refunded till crisis over, I would be happy with voucher, its very annoying, why should any1 book new flights when he hasn't even refunded the cancelled flights.

quote="Patser;113636130"]Yep, had similar 'success' yesterday after trying the Ryanair chat again. After months of waiting hours on it with no connection, was almost caught out to be chatting after 15 minutes. Requested refund, they said ok, and got an email very soon after - but that says will be refunded as soon as possible, which in Ryanair speak could be anytime[/quote]

PayPal closed my case in my favour today with no reply from ryanair at all

• Advertisement

PayPal closed my case in my favour today with no reply from ryanair at all

Good result

Advertisement