Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭limabromac

davindub wrote: »
    Got through to them at 6.30 am...

They offered me a free change (by email) because they changed the flight.

But customer service are adamant that it only applies to changes to +1 -1 day of the original flight, but they don't have flights every day so the next best applies....

Small claims time I think...

That's good that they offered you a free flight change...When did you book your flight? If it was before COVID-19 restrictions then if you have travel insurance with the added travel disruption that was available pre-lockdown then Insurance should cover it... If the flight is going and if you don't decide to go and you have no insurance then you more than likely will lose the cost of the flight ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Got through to them at 6.30 am...

They offered me a free change (by email) because they changed the flight.

But customer service are adamant that it only applies to changes to +1 -1 day of the original flight, but they don't have flights every day so the next best applies....

Small claims time I think...

Small claims is simple. Swords is the district court. I started a claim but dropped it when Ryanair said they would refund. ( got refunded two weeks ago)

joeysoap wrote: »
    Small claims is simple. Swords is the district court. I started a claim but dropped it when Ryanair said they would refund. ( got refunded two weeks ago)

Yes small claims is simple to start a claim with just a form and a 25e fee, however they have been inundated with claims and I would suggest that they are working through a significant backlog. .. looks like ryanair argue at every turn aswell so someone needs to be prepared to go to the courts in swords when they are back up and running...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

limabromac wrote: »
    That's good that they offered you a free flight change...When did you book your flight? If it was before COVID-19 restrictions then if you have travel insurance with the added travel disruption that was available pre-lockdown then Insurance should cover it... If the flight is going and if you don't decide to go and you have no insurance then you more than likely will lose the cost of the flight ..

In January.

They offered a free flight change, but only to the day before or after the original flight. Which is not useful.

Their terms say that if they move a flight they will refund if they cannot book you onto a suitable flight, so it is bizarre to argue that?

In January.

Hopefully your travel insurance with travel disruption might kick in if you don't want to travel..

They offered a free flight change, but only to the day before or after the original flight. Which is not useful.

Ryanair will offer you a refund or rebook if they move the flight more than two hours, if you move the flight then you have to adhere to their rules unfortunately...

Their terms say that if they move a flight they will refund if they cannot book you onto a suitable flight, so it is bizarre to argue that?

The suitable flight would be the next available flight. So they would be correct... if you don't want to take the next available flight then hopefully your insurance covers you for exceptional unprecedented disruption...

I believe Ryanair are shocking when it comes to customer service and really have no loyalty to their customers...

• Advertisement

The suitable flight would be the next available flight. So they would be correct... if you don't want to take the next available flight then hopefully your insurance covers you for exceptional unprecedented disruption...

I believe Ryanair are shocking when it comes to customer service and really have no loyalty to their customers...

I appreciate your view, but the actual wording of 9.2 in their terms "is a flight that I find acceptable"....

They certainly are shocking and to be brutally honest it seems like the customer reps just make up rules of the day. I don't think any airline would put in their terms and conditions "we can change your flight and you accept the change and fly before or after by 1 day or 3 days if we don't fly there every day...."

Anyway, I regret not saying I will take +1 day to annoy them :) but I think justice is worth 25 euros to me, so I'll try a small claims.

I appreciate your view, but the actual wording of 9.2 in their terms "is a flight that I find acceptable"....

They certainly are shocking and to be brutally honest it seems like the customer reps just make up rules of the day. I don't think any airline would put in their terms and conditions "we can change your flight and you accept the change and fly before or after by 1 day or 3 days if we don't fly there every day...."

Anyway, I regret not saying I will take +1 day to annoy them :) but I think justice is worth 25 euros to me, so I'll try a small claims.

Yes but the original flight that you are travelling on is still going so as a customer you have asked to change this... they haven't cancelled the original flight... If they cancel the flight or change it by 2 hours you would be entitled to a change or refund and the change would have to be acceptable to you...

9.1.2 If we change flight timings or numbers before scheduled departure, we will notify you about these changes by e-mail and text message (if you gave us a phone number for this purpose). Except where clause 9.2 below applies, if, before the date of travel:

we make a significant change to the scheduled departure time;
    this is unacceptable to you; and
    we cannot book you on an alternative flight which is acceptable to you;
    You will be entitled to a full refund of all amounts you have paid in connection with that flight.

Let us know how you get on in the SCC..it'll be great to see someone winning against Ryanair... : )

Yes but the original flight that you are travelling on is still going so as a customer you have asked to change this... they haven't cancelled the original flight... If they cancel the flight or change it by 2 hours you would be entitled to a change or refund and the change would have to be acceptable to you...

9.1.2 If we change flight timings or numbers before scheduled departure, we will notify you about these changes by e-mail and text message (if you gave us a phone number for this purpose). Except where clause 9.2 below applies, if, before the date of travel:

we make a significant change to the scheduled departure time;
    this is unacceptable to you; and
    we cannot book you on an alternative flight which is acceptable to you;
    You will be entitled to a full refund of all amounts you have paid in connection with that flight.

Let us know how you get on in the SCC..it'll be great to see someone winning against Ryanair... : )

That is the point! They moved the return flight by by 2.5 hours and said in the email informing me of this, I could accept or change, sorry I thought that was clearer. Even if I could of moved one, they might have argued that it only refers to the affected flight, but that's my argument anyway.

Thanks for the support and I'll update you :)

That is the point! They moved the return flight by by 2.5 hours and said in the email informing me of this, I could accept or change, sorry I thought that was clearer. Even if I could of moved one, they might have argued that it only refers to the affected flight, but that's my argument anyway.

Thanks for the support and I'll update you :)

Apologies davindub... I thought your question was this one below and I based my answer off the need to quarantine on return so I thought you just weren't happy flying which is totally understandable ....
    I hadn't realised Ryanair moved your flight by 2.5 hours...

I was answering this question:
    "Anyone any idea how they are handling flight changes or refunds due to the need to quarantine on our return?"

.hopefully you get sorted... the email that they sent should have an option to refund if they moved your flight by that much and definitely you are right to argue as you only have one leg of the journey that you should be able to receive a full refund for the full journey. .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭Ardent

Bank of Ireland to the rescue here -

My end of May flight was cancelled. Got the Ryanair email early in May with option to refund, so I submitted the refund application. 20 days to refund apparently.

Heard nothing back until end of June when I received en email about my voucher (!!). On to Ryanair support chat - "oh you want a refund you say?...". 8 weeks to process the refund I was told, and if I want to change my mind yadda yadda.

Enough was enough. Filled in the BOI chargeback form and posted it off with copies of correspondance with LyingAir. A few days later the money was back on my card via chargeback.

So glad I purchased the flight with a BOI mastercard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Four cancelled flights from March refunded by PayPal. My claim was that they did not abide by EU rules and item received wasn't what I ordered. I bought flight tickets not vouchers. Happy out.

Thing is, if they had offered a proper money voucher, valid for full five years and none of their stupid restrictions I'd have happily taken it. But Ry being Ry, they had to mess it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Got my refund for my 10th May flights this morning from Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭homenotaway

If the flight is going and if you don't decide to go and you have no insurance then you more than likely will lose the cost of the flight ..

Just wondering if anyone has managed to get a voucher or any sort of recompense in the situation as outlined above?

The outward flight to Lanzarote was cancelled but the return flight is going ahead.
    The flights were booked separately.
    Many thanks in advance for any/all replies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

Has anyone managed to get a no show confirmation off Ryanair?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Gorteen

I'm in a real quandry. Have flights booked for April and rebooked for early August and now looks like Portugal will not be on the green list. Right now I'm hoping Ryanair will cancel the flights again so I can get my money back with no loss of additional charges to change. I'm not sure if I will get to travel at all this year! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭thebiglad

'Strange' email from Ryanair today - having accepted and received voucher for a cancelled flight just got an email today to tell me they have processed my refund back to credit card and voucher is cancelled.

I don't care either way, was happy enough with the voucher as it was a small amount but, what a mess - I am sure there are plenty actually waiting for a refund and those that they have issued a voucher for they are refunding!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Gorteen wrote: »
    I'm in a real quandry. Have flights booked for April and rebooked for early August and now looks like Portugal will not be on the green list. Right now I'm hoping Ryanair will cancel the flights again so I can get my money back with no loss of additional charges to change. I'm not sure if I will get to travel at all this year! :(

That's the danger of rebooking flights in the middle of a global pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    That's the danger of rebooking flights in the middle of a global pandemic.

I foolishly rebooked and thought Covid would be less of an issue later in the year. It's my first pandemic....LOL

The issue now is because there's no refund because Ryanair are flying, if I rebook again for later this year, there's no indication when is "safe" to travel

I wish to thank Ryanair for the below cost flights they have provided for me in what is peak season August and September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭DrGreenThumb82

Have heard nothing back from Ryanair. It's been months now. Asked for a refund via their email and nada.

What are my options? Paid with Bank of Ireland Mastercard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Have heard nothing back from Ryanair. It's been months now. Asked for a refund via their email and nada.

What are my options? Paid with Bank of Ireland Mastercard.

Go on their live chat and ask for an update. It opens at 6am, try before 9 for best chance of shorter queue time.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

It appears that a flight we're booked on to Faro is still scheduled to fly but
    1. the wedding we were going to is postponed
    2. we can't waste 10/14 days off work self isolating on our return.
    3. Dublin is heading for more restrictions..

What are our options?

i tried to find out from the website but it's totally confusing.
    Web chat per se doesn't seem to exist...

Have flights being going to Faro or have some been cancelled?

Is there a voucher system for such a scenario?

If the flight is still going there's not much you can do. There have been flights in and out of Portugal since June so you'll probably lose out on the fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

thanks telly - so is it only cancelled flights for which vouchers are offered in the covid19 scenario?

Do we have the option to reschedule (till when who knows) free of charge?

thanks telly - so is it only cancelled flights for which vouchers are offered in the covid19 scenario?

Do we have the option to reschedule (till when who knows) free of charge?

Yep only cancelled flights are refunded or offered vouchers. You'll have to pay to change the flight dates. Saw someone mention that a while ago and the price was nearly the same amount as the flights to change the dates. It's crap on you guys :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Beersmith

whenever I go to the ryanair homepage it always puts my "from" destination as Cork even though I'm in dublin. I've tried to delete all cookies and google maps has my location as dublin. Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Curiousness99

Beersmith wrote: »
    whenever I go to the ryanair homepage it always puts my "from" destination as Cork even though I'm in dublin. I've tried to delete all cookies and google maps has my location as dublin. Anyone any ideas?

Move to cork?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It should stick with whatever you picked last, clearing cookies may be the cause here. Cork is first alphabetically for Irish airports.

I have the same problem except it is defaulting to a small airport in another country rather than the main base airport nearer me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Beersmith

L1011 wrote: »
    It should stick with whatever you picked last, clearing cookies may be the cause here. Cork is first alphabetically for Irish airports.

I did delete cookies. I've never selected cork so that shouldn't be the case. Seems to be the fact cork is first alright. My phone app has it automatically to Dublin.

Advertisement