Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Arctic89 wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered from myprotein recently?

Have been using them for the last 2/3 years,just ordering 5kg whey at a time every few months. Put in an order on New Year's Day but still waiting on delivery. Ordinarily they'd have it delivered within 2 working days but now when I look at the delivery tracker,it's says its been sitting in the export depot (which I assume is in the UK) since the 8th. I'm guessing I won't have this til next week at the earliest now.

Really annoyed because the main reason I used them was how quick their deliveries were. Has anyone else had this issue recently? Have they changed the delivery company they used to use?

It seems they've switched to a new delivery company.

I ordered from them a few weeks back and received my order a week later, a day earlier than the dispatch email suggested.

I ordered from them again the on Tuesday night. Delivery is expected next Friday.

I'd imagine that the main difference now is their delivery methods. The stuff is good stuff, it just doesn't come as quick (I ordered from them in the past and it came in 2 working days).

If my package comes as expected before next Friday I won't have a problem ordering from them again, i'll just make sure to order a week earlier than I normally do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Just after ordering some creatine, but I've never really taken it before.

Is the loading followed by maintenance phase the best way to take it? Or should I just take 5g a day consistently?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

ooPabsoo wrote: »
    Just after ordering some creatine, but I've never really taken it before.

Is the loading followed by maintenance phase the best way to take it? Or should I just take 5g a day consistently?

5g a day. Don't need loading phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

MrStuffins wrote: »
    It seems they've switched to a new delivery company.

I ordered from them a few weeks back and received my order a week later, a day earlier than the dispatch email suggested.

I ordered from them again the on Tuesday night. Delivery is expected next Friday.

I'd imagine that the main difference now is their delivery methods. The stuff is good stuff, it just doesn't come as quick (I ordered from them in the past and it came in 2 working days).

If my package comes as expected before next Friday I won't have a problem ordering from them again, i'll just make sure to order a week earlier than I normally do.

Their poor delivery aint the big problem.. I'd be ok with delivery times if I knew how long it would take however, its been very variable over the last few months. But the length of time for this delivery (2 n half weeks) is taking the pi$$.

My main gripe with them is their horrendous customer service... If something goes wrong, odds are it will take close to a month to fix it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Checked my MP package from around new years. Its in Germany lol.

The losses the Hut Group incurred this year must mean cost cutting exercises like using MHI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

has anyone ordered from discountsupplements.ie or proteinsdepot.ie, between the two of them they are the cheapest for the different things I am after

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

has anyone ordered from discountsupplements.ie or proteinsdepot.ie, between the two of them they are the cheapest for the different things I am after

Have you tried;

MyProtein
    BulkPowders
    BodybuildingWarehouse and all those?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I normally use discountsupplements.ie Great site, fast delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

discountsupplements.ie are really good. Order before 2pm ( Think it's 2 anyway) and you'll get your stuff the next day. Usuaully throw in a few free samples with the order too which is nice!

Have you tried;

MyProtein
    BulkPowders
    BodybuildingWarehouse and all those?

myprotein was more expensive, i didnt look at the other two

• Advertisement

myprotein was more expensive, i didnt look at the other two

What is it that you're looking for? Maybe someone has spotted it cheaper elsewhere:D

What is it that you're looking for? Maybe someone has spotted it cheaper elsewhere:D

phd diet whey (seems to be cheapest on proteinsdepot)

omega 369 and bcaa (seems to be cheapest on discountsupplements)

I'm totally new to all this so I could be way off

phd diet whey (seems to be cheapest on proteinsdepot)

omega 369 and bcaa (seems to be cheapest on discountsupplements)

I'm totally new to all this so I could be way off

Don't know how these check out to your prices on discountsupplements but BP have a diet whey with a 5kg bag coming in at 80e.

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/complete-diet-protein.html

Again don't know about price compared to the ones you've mentioned but;

Omega 369: http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/omega-3-6-9-softgels.html

BCAA (powdered): http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/branched-chain-amino-acid.html
    46euro for a 1kg bag. Probably best off with powdered. 1.5grams a day works out at roughly the same amount of servings.

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/branched-chain-amino-acid-tablets.html
    88euro for a 1000 caps. 1 gram each.

Don't know how these check out to your prices on discountsupplements but BP have a diet whey with a 5kg bag coming in at 80e.

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/complete-diet-protein.html

Again don't know about price compared to the ones you've mentioned but;

Omega 369: http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/omega-3-6-9-softgels.html

BCAA (powdered): http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/branched-chain-amino-acid.html
    46euro for a 1kg bag. Probably best off with powdered. 1.5grams a day works out at roughly the same amount of servings.

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/branched-chain-amino-acid-tablets.html
    88euro for a 1000 caps. 1 gram each.

cheers il comare them to what i had marked on the other sites

Holland and Barrett Walnut Halves 500g €11.99
    Tesco Walnut Halves 100g x 5 €5.75

Holland and Barrett Cashew Nuts 500g €11.99
    Tesco Cashew Nuts 100g x 5 €5.75

Am i missing something here, are the tesco nuts not as good or something or how are H&B charging such a premium

There one cent sale is back on, on limited selections

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Holland and Barrett Walnut Halves 500g €11.99
    Tesco Walnut Halves 100g x 5 €5.75

Holland and Barrett Cashew Nuts 500g €11.99
    Tesco Cashew Nuts 100g x 5 €5.75

Am i missing something here, are the tesco nuts not as good or something or how are H&B charging such a premium

There one cent sale is back on, on limited selections

Holland and Barrett stuff is insanely expensive when it comes to food, even their own brand protein is more expensive than ON Gold Standard :eek:

Holland and Barrett stuff is insanely expensive when it comes to food, even their own brand protein is more expensive than ON Gold Standard :eek:

Suppose someone has to pay for all their advertising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

How much more expensive is it?

• Site Banned Posts: 48 daddymac90

People think supplements are some kind of magic pill to get big...have your training diet and rest in check first then take supplements...whey and creatine all you need

drdeadlift wrote: »

€45 euro for 2lber
    daddymac90 wrote: »
    People think supplements are some kind of magic pill to get big...have your training diet and rest in check first then take supplements...whey and creatine all you need

Beta alanine is a good addition as well

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 48 daddymac90

€45 euro for 2lber

Beta alanine is a good addition as well

oh dear....beta alanine just gives you little tingles thats all it does

Its does more then that in correct doses and needs to accumilate like creatine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

drdeadlift wrote: »

Their own protein in comparison to Gold Standard?

In Holland and Barrett
    Precision Engineered Protein Strawberry 908g €45.99
    Optimum Nutrition Double Chocolate 908g €37.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Thank for the heads up!

See here for an alternative perspective on BA usage

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17690198

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16868650

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17136505

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Here's a link to a Poliquin article on beta alanine. Does more than give you tingles. Solid references there as well, and Poliquin is a very well respected strength and conditioning coach.

Oisín

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

What way are ye taking in your Beta Alanine guys? I see that article mentions a Beta Alanine Supreme supplement which actually combines creatine and beta-alanine. What is everyone else using? The two i can see on Discount Supplements are Allmax and ROS

ronanc15 wrote: »
    What way are ye taking in your Beta Alanine guys? I see that article mentions a Beta Alanine Supreme supplement which actually combines creatine and beta-alanine. What is everyone else using? The two i can see on Discount Supplements are Allmax and ROS

I usually grab ROS Beta Alanine cause it's very handy for me to get, but MyProtein, Bulk Powders or any of their substitutes would have it as well at good prices. As for the supplement mentioned in the article, Poliquin is obviously going to try shift his wares on his website :) his supplements are of a very high standard but that also comes with a very high price.

Oisín

Oisinjm wrote: »

I usually grab ROS Beta Alanine cause it's very handy for me to get, but MyProtein, Bulk Powders or any of their substitutes would have it as well at good prices. As for the supplement mentioned in the article, Poliquin is obviously going to try shift his wares on his website :) his supplements are of a very high standard but that also comes with a very high price.

Oisín

Aye and I couldnt be arsed buying from the US to be honest (not aware if its retailed locally)

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Aye and I couldnt be arsed buying from the US to be honest (not aware if its retailed locally)

MyProtein and BulkPowders are actually based in the UK actually so it's not as far as the US. ROS is an Irish company so it's easily available from their own website as well as numerous supplement shops in Dublin.

Oisín

• Advertisement

Oisinjm wrote: »
    MyProtein and BulkPowders are actually based in the UK actually so it's not as far as the US. ROS is an Irish company so it's easily available from their own website as well as numerous supplement shops in Dublin.

Oisín

I meant Poliquin's own brand supplement chief :)

Advertisement