Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭naughto

whelan2 wrote: »
    One of the most hateful jobs ever.

It’s awkward as f1uck sliping and sliding
    Trying to hold it and and not spill the c1unt

• Registered Users Posts: 29,144 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

naughto wrote: »

Normally put the drums into the bucket of the digger here and then I pour them in, it's the turning the drum upside down is the messy bit. Hate running out of heating oil

• Registered Users Posts: 24,370 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Normally put the drums into the bucket of the digger here and then I pour them in, it's the turning the drum upside down is the messy bit. Hate running out of heating oil

Look for the Castrol oil drums. They have a breather in the handle that allows air in as your pour. No need to turn it. They are hard found tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Will be a lot of cattle glad to be in sheds today.....miserable day out there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Reggie. wrote: »
    Look for the Castrol oil drums. They have a breather in the handle that allows air in as your pour. No need to turn it. They are hard found tho
    Ya, they are a great job. No splashing of diesel.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Christmas tree in situ,

a life long friend passed away a couple of months ago after a long battle with a very bad form of dementia, I spent many hours by her bedside with the family in the final couple of weeks.

Her daughter gave me a lovely angel ornament for the tree top and said " Mam will be watching over & celebrating with you"

thought it was a nice touch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭148multi

naughto wrote: »

Try this baby

Great offer in lidl today Bushmills original whisky for 10 euro, was 19.99 apparently. 2 per customer. I got 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Out last night at herselfs Christmas party night. Great night, let's just say l enjoyed the hospitality!
    Now the young lad is marching around the house all morning blowing into a tin whistle!! I don't even know where he found it!! Arrrrggghhh!!!!

Great offer in lidl today Bushmills original whisky for 10 euro, was 19.99 apparently. 2 per customer. I got 4.

Oh l like Bushmills!

• Advertisement

_Brian wrote: »
    Have to throw oil from drums into tank at rental, jez it’s a horrible job. Don’t want to order much for fear of theft.

If filling drums at pump yourself, only 3/4 fill.

When filling tank, use a large funnel. Lay drum on its side on top of the tank with cap towards top. Will stop the spurting as air can get into drum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Suckler

Muckit wrote: »
    If filling drums at pump yourself, only 3/4 fill.

When filling tank, use a large funnel. Lay drum on its side on top of the tank with cap towards top. Will stop the spurting as air can get into drum.

Getting the can up to that step is pure hardship! There are 12V fuel pumps that can be got for reasonable money, well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭jimini0

Have to throw oil from drums into tank at rental, jez it’s a horrible job. Don’t want to order much for fear of theft.

Get yourself a siphon pipe. Sit drum up on top tank Stick one end in drum other in tank. jiggle the pipe and away it flows. No spillages

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭gk5000

jimini0 wrote: »
    Get yourself a siphon pipe. Sit drum up on top tank Stick one end in drum other in tank. jiggle the pipe and away it flows. No spillages

Otherwise know as a Syphon Widget or just Widget. Can buy them for €10.

Great Job. Check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLheOtRzGCY

Local shop sells drums of kerosene. Does a great trade in them. Often wondered what system the people who use them have for putting them in the tank, or Could you just feed the boiler direct from the drum like the detergent on the milk tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

After Liverpool result today I think I hear Whelan celebrating.

After Liverpool result today I think I hear Whelan celebrating.
    Ah it's great. Youngest lad has a Shaqiri jersey, so he's delighted, my brother in law calls him Shakira :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Strokestown posts moved to a seperate thread;

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057938553

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,487 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Local shop sells drums of kerosene. Does a great trade in them. Often wondered what system the people who use them have for putting them in the tank, or Could you just feed the boiler direct from the drum like the detergent on the milk tank?

There’s a rig for running on drums but it costs €250.

Three local empty properties cleared over last week. Copper, rads, a new kitchen, appliances, heating, wiring.

These short days suit scumbags and thieves by giving so much cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,370 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Three local empty properties cleared over last week. Copper, rads, a new kitchen, appliances, heating, wiring.

Bastards

Reggie. wrote: »
    Bastards

Yea.
    One couple pushing to get moved in for Christmas lost a serious amount, never heard of kitchen units being taken before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,064 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

My nephew sold a little house in the last month and by the time the buyer collected the keys and went to it it was cleaned out and all the cut pipes left running water...... house destroyed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭148multi

That takes a bit of organising and a few lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Be a great place to farm only for the flies

Better living everyone

wrangler wrote: »
    My nephew sold a little house in the last month and by the time the buyer collected the keys and went to it it was cleaned out and all the cut pipes left running water...... house destroyed

Yea.
    I know a house where they cut the copper stubs for the rads level with the floor, every floor had to be ripped up. More effort for them than the wee bits of copper was worth.

148multi wrote: »
    That takes a bit of organising and a few lads.

What about the atm robbery in ballybay at the weekend. 5 minutes is all they reckon it took to get it out and loaded

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Suckler

https://www.businessinsider.com/giving-up-meat-wont-save-planet-2018-10?r=US&IR=T

Hope for us yet, It’s not all one sided news.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

What about the atm robbery in ballybay at the weekend. 5 minutes is all they reckon it took to get it out and loaded

Wouldn't have far to go with it, either...... :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Grazon

I need a bit a help Never sold cattle privately do I need any forms there going to a butcher. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement