Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

colm_gti wrote: »
    I got the dispatch email on Sunday and still no sign....

Same. No sign of it. So long as the tax man isn't holding onto it, I don't mind too much but not great service from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Same. No sign of it. So long as the tax man isn't holding onto it, I don't mind too much but not great service from them.

Agreed, have ordered from CRC the last few times and it usually arrives next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

Mine arrived this morning pair of Look Keo classics for €35 absolute steal. Email says they were dispatched on Sunday.

For some reason though Dublin was on the address below Co Westmeath wonder did that delay it going to the right sorting office.

On Chainreaction I ordered a baselayer from them the next morning on Thursday it was dispatched that day and arrived Monday morning. Will definitely use them again if I'm in a rush pity there not a bit more competitive on pricing will just have to keep an eye here for their bargains and discount codes.

Out of interest, did anpost deliver them, or a courier?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Fathead wrote: »
    Me to we must be in some ashboure/meath black hole

If it's any help i'm in meath.

Was delivered via DHL.

• Advertisement

Out of interest, did anpost deliver them, or a courier?

An Post

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

I got the dispatch email on Sunday and still no sign....

Not just Meath, same for Dublin. Grrrrr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Not just Meath, same for Dublin. Grrrrr!

Don't mind your Dublin, tis a sad day when Cork gets ignored! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

Ryath wrote: »
    Mine arrived this morning pair of Look Keo classics for €35 absolute steal. Email says they were dispatched on Sunday.

For some reason though Dublin was on the address below Co Westmeath wonder did that delay it going to the right sorting office.

On Chainreaction I ordered a baselayer from them the next morning on Thursday it was dispatched that day and arrived Monday morning. Will definitely use them again if I'm in a rush pity there not a bit more competitive on pricing will just have to keep an eye here for their bargains and discount codes.

It's a pity there are no shops...in towns...that sell bike stuff. Imagine being able to walk into a building and have the item you want, not just the same day but in the same minute!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Slo_Rida wrote: »
    It's a pity there are no shops...in towns...that sell bike stuff. Imagine being able to walk into a building and have the item you want, not just the same day but in the same minute!!!

You'd pay for the privilege that way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

godtabh wrote: »
    You'd pay for the privilege that way

Is it free online?
    My point is a lot of people bend over backwards to do the whole website thing and then sit and wait impatiently. Unless you're saving a lot I'd keep the business local and my vat in the Irish economy,
    Best regards,
    E Hobbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Here's a totally crazy idea, you spend your money as you like and I'll spend my money as I like. Then you can continue clapping yourself on the back and feel better and I can save as much money as possible and do the same.

Is it free online?
    My point is a lot of people bend over backwards to do the whole website thing and then sit and wait impatiently. Unless you're saving a lot I'd keep the business local and my vat in the Irish economy,
    Best regards,
    E Hobbs

Funnily enough I'd actually buy a lot of stuff in Irish shops, in particular Wheelworx and Cyclesuperstore, their prices are very competitive and in some cases cheaper than online, but until I can get a pair of GP4000S or GP 4 seasons for less than €100 in either of those, I'll continue to buy them online....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

And i thought this was a bargain alerts thread :confused:

Zorba wrote: »
    And i thought this was a bargain alerts thread :confused:

I'm alerting ye all that some Irish shops are very competitive with their pricing :D

I do buy a lot of stuff in my LBS and he gets my business for servicing. When there are substantial savings to be made online or brands he does not carry I should just throw my money away or waste petrol driving to one of the big Dublin bike shops. I got the look keo's for €35 I doubt my LBS even buys them in for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

I'll get back to you about it when they arrive.

My internetz research had varying reactions to the quality of the Reynolds and I ended up picking the Ultegras, just to be safe.

Ya, I've read a lot of odd reviews. Really, really, positive: consistently positive, and intermingled with strange bad reviews. I bought them and I've put 300k in them. So far, they've been perfect. Literally perfect. Nothing needed truing, nothing needed tightening.

Also, they are fecking easy to clean. You could literally pour water on them when the dirt is wet and it'll just fall off. Really good :).

Also, Gorge.

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    Ya, I've read a lot of odd reviews. Really, really, positive: consistently positive, and intermingled with strange bad reviews. I bought them and I've put 300k in them. So far, they've been perfect. Literally perfect. Nothing needed truing, nothing needed tightening.

Also, they are fecking easy to clean. You could literally pour water on them when the dirt is wet and it'll just fall off. Really good :).

Also, Gorge.

They look great and the positive reviews really were positive, but comments about internal nipples and one or two issues spoiled it (a lot of the negatibe comments were on older versions too). Funnily enough I really needed to spend as little as possible and the Ultegras cost more in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

I really needed to spend as little as possible and the Ultegras cost more in the end.

ye wont be worrying about that when they start cradling.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

lennymc wrote: »
    ye wont be worrying about that when they start cradling.

Clarify?

@Harrybelafonte There isn't too much of a gap though between them price wise. I've ridden Ulegras before and you will be happy, no doubt. Great buy and a great price. I just wanted to clarify in the interest of full disclosure. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭padjo5

Clarify?

...according to a previous post....the ultegras have a tendency to 'cradle one's balls' (bearings) while in motion!

The Reynolds look great, as does the actual bike.....nice machine.

Still no sign of my order from Evans, got an email response to my message to them on twitter saying that it was 6 days from placing my order til it was dispatched, and that it should arrive within 7 days.

I understand that once it's dispatched it's out of their control, but a 6 day delay between placing an order (for tyres that were marked as 'in stock' may I add) and it being dispatched is very, very poor if you ask me.

It's put me off ever ordering from them again in the future, would happily pay a little extra to order from CRC and have it within 2 days, as it has been consistently for the previous few orders with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭G2ECE

Still no sign of my order from Evans, got an email response to my message to them on twitter saying that it was 6 days from placing my order til it was dispatched, and that it should arrive within 7 days.

I understand that once it's dispatched it's out of their control, but a 6 day delay between placing an order (for tyres that were marked as 'in stock' may I add) and it being dispatched is very, very poor if you ask me.

It's put me off ever ordering from them again in the future, would happily pay a little extra to order from CRC and have it within 2 days, as it has been consistently for the previous few orders with them.

I would imagine the delay in dispatching was due to people taking advantage of the £20 reduction on orders and also it being in or around new years and staff on holiday. My order arrived today but there was nobody at home to feckin receive it so I'll be collecting in the post office in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Bit of a sale on prendas.co.uk. Some nice jerseys and santini shorts

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Sale on at Rapha

Not exactly cheap but only about twice the price of other gear at the moment.....

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

RobFowl wrote: »
    Sale on at Rapha

Not exactly cheap but only about twice the price of other gear at the moment.....

As opposed to three times the price!

still though, now's the time to pick up something if anyone had their eye on something in the range, it's nice stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

Managed to get a jersey and shorts for €30 in Elverys in Galway City today. The offer is buy clothing or footwear and get another item half price. Well pleased :)

Had serious problems with Wiggle last year. Partially my own fault for ordering them a little too late, but tried to get the Token TT bars two weeks before the Team Pursuit Nationals and they didn't show until a week later I think. Had to borrow a smaller individual's set and had just enough to hold on to which was scary at times. Sent angryish email and swore no buying again, but have bottle off them since. I'll probably break that promise though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

G2ECE wrote: »
    I would imagine the delay in dispatching was due to people taking advantage of the £20 reduction on orders and also it being in or around new years and staff on holiday. My order arrived today but there was nobody at home to feckin receive it so I'll be collecting in the post office in the morning.

Ya I'm guessing they didn't think that one fully through which probably explains the extra demand. Anyway with the price I got me new gloves for I can't complain! My order arrived on Friday.

As said in numerous threads before if you want the item quickly then pay for priority postage or a trip to the LBS, you can't really complain when your getting a deal like this!

• Advertisement

Tyres arrived this morning....just not the ones I ordered! Useless f*ckin fools! Will never ever order from evans again!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement