Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is 2016 cursed

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Everyone is a celebrity. We are being over-celebritized by the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Famous people die every year,
    At lot of singers from the 70, 80s are now 60 plus ,so it makes sense
    we will see alot of pop singers pass away in the next 10 years.
    Caroline Aherne was very funny but unless you watched alot of comedy shows on bbc
    you may have no idea who she was .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

My predictions for who else will die this year:
    - Norman Wisdom
    - Prince Albert of Mons
    - That lad in the TV ad with the cat
    - Mossley the Mocker
    - Dan Dooley
    - Doodai Fyhed
    - Kong Jong On Tai
    - Hitler Cat

Maybe Queen Elizabeth too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Ballbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

My predictions for who else will die this year:
    - Norman Wisdom
    - Prince Albert of Mons
    - That lad in the TV ad with the cat
    - Mossley the Mocker
    - Dan Dooley
    - Doodai Fyhed
    - Kong Jong On Tai
    - Hitler Cat

Blimey! the 2016 curse is strong, it killed Norman Wisdom in 2010 its that bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

Gael23 wrote: »
    Maybe Queen Elizabeth too?

No, she'll be grand... She bought magic fish in the English Market when she was in Cork and now she is immortal and can turn invisible when no one is looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

BBDBB wrote: »
    Blimey! the 2016 curse is strong, it killed Norman Wisdom in 2010 its that bad

That's what the main stream media would want you to believe... Google "Norman Wisdom + illuminati + 2010 secret olympics + sacrifice of Princess Diana + blood chapel under BBC + Paul is dead" to get the real story... #sheeple

Now Gene Wilder has died

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

We're all going to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

traprunner wrote: »
    We're all going to die.

Who told you this rubbish?

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Advertisement

With two celebrity deaths today alone, I think it's worth asking this question again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Apparently the celebrities never took their caps and hats off when a gypsy funeral was passing and they haven't won Sam since

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

With two celebrity deaths today alone, I think it's worth asking this question again.

I'm going to take a chance here and say more than whatever two "celebs" your referring to have died.
    People die every day, lots of them. Its just another day.

Celebs are just people who walk, talk and shiite same as everyone else, nothing special about them and their deaths signify nothing more than the death of any other human, actually I could argue they are less important than most but couldn't be bothered.

It sickens the hell out of me, people see Wayne Rooney earring few hindered sterling a week as acceptable yet think consultants who actually save people's lives are overpaid at £120k a year. The whole celeb culture is sick, they're nobodies who in general contribute nothing to society, there are scientists who invent cures for diseases that prevent suffering and millions of deaths and their names are unknown, but half the country are drooling over some slapper in "the house" whose flashing her tiits at the cameras.

It's all ****ed up and backwards, the general population are empty headed idiots who think two celebs dieing in a day means the year is cursed :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

............but................

....Keith Richards still lives

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

....Keith Richards still lives :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

The list of celebrity deaths in 2016 is growing daily. On the thread of Caroline Ahernes death someone asked is this year cursed?

Yes, It certainly seems to be.

...and with two months to go, God knows what's goin to happen next :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

philstar wrote: »

....Keith Richards still lives

That's because Keith Richards can't be killed by conventional methods(I'm aware it's meant to be weapons, but I thought methods sounded better).

Anyway, nope 2016 is not cursed. Every year seems to have it's share of misfortune. I'm sure 2017 will be just as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

LordSutch wrote: »
    Yes, It certainly seems to be.

...and with two months to go, God knows what's goin to happen next :(
    People may remember the Kevin Costner movie Field of Dreams.

It was based on the WP Kinsella novel Shoeless Joe.

In 1985 Kinsella, who is another victim of the 2016 celebrity cull, also wrote a less well-known short story named Last Pennant Before Armageddon.

The tale revolves around the manager of the Chicago Cubs, a baseball team that last won the World Series in 1908. His only ambition in life is to manage a team to a title. However, he is made aware that if the Chicago Cubs do win the league title the world will end.

In 2016 the Chicago Cubs won the World Series for the first time in 108 years. :(

Advertisement